Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Dec 10, 2008 3:46 PM

Jul 2008
Jeffusz said:
Jesus, what a killer .. First time I felt this sad watching an anime episode. x)

That mean you haven't saw kanon 2006 yet :P
Dec 10, 2008 4:53 PM

Jul 2007
Ok, first off

I cried. This was in my opinion the best episode so far.

It was soooo sad but it also made me understand a lot of the connections everyone has together.

I saw the car scene and I got pissed. Then she started singing and I really had a good cry. Last time I cried this much was at the ending of Air.

Also the proper CoalGuys release got released. They also told about the penis troll.

Anyways I'm off, (SUCH A NICE EPISODE Q_Q)
Dec 10, 2008 4:57 PM

Jun 2008
Wait hold the phone here, how could that happen when Yuuko is in the first EF series???
Dec 10, 2008 5:01 PM

Aug 2008
you didn't realize she was dead in the first season???
Dec 10, 2008 5:17 PM

Nov 2008
noteDhero said:
you didn't realize she was dead in the first season???

Is there any way that she is alive? Guess that would not be physically by spiritually and that is where the magic comes in. Yuuko T_T. Just thinking about makes me feel art and emotions.
please report all angel999 duplicate accounts to the mods asap
Dec 10, 2008 5:19 PM

Aug 2008
Dec 10, 2008 5:21 PM

Dec 2007
Okay, question: How the f**k do you get hit by a car and then left for dead under a tree? What kind of person hits a girl dead on then drives off? This episode is unfathomable to me. I absolutely adored the first season of ef, and normally, I would cry over something like this, but I felt nothing here. Nothing at all. It was too random and stupid. I feel more angry than anything else. This should have been so much better than it was.
Dec 10, 2008 5:22 PM

Nov 2008
winsomemastix said:
Okay, question: How the f**k do you get hit by a car and then left for dead under a tree? What kind of person hits a girl dead on then drives off? This episode is unfathomable to me. I absolutely adored the first season of ef, and normally, I would cry over something like this, but I felt nothing here. Nothing at all. It was too random and stupid. I feel more angry than anything else. This should have been so much better than it was.

Perhaps your only hope is the DVDs and they might remake the scene but for me at was more than enough. Maybe that is because I just started with Japanese anime.
Dec 10, 2008 5:26 PM

Aug 2008
winsomemastix said:

I agree, of course, I probably wouldn't have cried in the first place since I had seen it before in a show, but the voice acting certainly brought it back down, as she died under the tree (though I thought the singing was corny).
Dec 10, 2008 5:39 PM

Jul 2007
somehow this was.... stupid....
it wasn't even sad. man how stupid you have to be to drop something and get run over a car so hard you die. and OF COURSE the first thing you do in unbelievable pain is crawling to the next tree near to you to sing your last lullaby.
that's all anime cliche I'm well aware of and i can accept. IF the pacing is right. it was all rushed in the end and totally obvious and cliche.

that everything was in pseudo b/w (it was a little reddish) was okay for me. they did it so that i forgot about it after just a few minutes. im also happy about the ending song beeing more or less vocals only. cant stand the original opening much.

after rereading my post i sound like a bastard i know. I'm usually not this way but that's how i felt this episode. story developed fine and everything fits together. it fitted so well that even her death was nothing special - something truly obvious.
Dec 10, 2008 6:46 PM

Dec 2008
For some reason I kind of knew this was going to happen... especially with the black and white background (and no opening!).
I was wondering if Yuuko was going to die, because in the first season I figured she was an angel since she popped randomly around and helped others out.

Maybe she's not dead, maybe just in a coma like others are saying... then again maybe not.
I hope she pulls a D.Gray-man and doesn't die >: Though it's likely she died. (With the light being there and her voice singing fading and all...) But being hit by a car is an... awkward, yet cruel, way to die. Most animes don't have characters die (Especially main ones) if they are hit by a car.

Unless the driver hit her over and over numerous times... I don't think she died. But I'm probably wrong, since the episode implyed greatly that she died. Or the producers of the anime want us to feel sad and depressed and then the next episode will be filled with happy flowers of lemon scented happiness and nobody dies.
Or once again, I'm probably wrong and this anime will most likely end in a horrible, sad, and depressing way.
you are my master.
Dec 10, 2008 9:09 PM
Jul 2008
winsomemastix said:
What kind of person hits a girl dead on then drives off?

You know they have a crime called hit and run.....
and it happens about every few weeks....
Dec 10, 2008 10:46 PM
Aug 2007
YUUUUUKOOOO! NOOOOOOO!
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Dec 11, 2008 1:00 AM

Aug 2007
Yuuko-taaaaaan! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! ='(

Well ladies and gents, now you know why they put Chihiro's arc in memories rather than melodies. I don't mean to sound insensitive here, but I am shocked that they didn't have an eroge scene with Yuuko. I guess they are toning down the abundant sexual overtones of ef...but why damnit WHY!?

They also changed the way Yuuko died and I am damn pissed really. The original would have been better and would have far better explained the relationship between Mizuki and Yuuko, but they prompted to connect her more with Kuze...

Such a wonderful death scene and they decided to change it...ugh why SHAFT WHY!!!!? Yuuko didn't deserve such an anti-climactic death damnit...

Needless to say, I'm extremely disappointed...
PimpToadDec 11, 2008 1:03 AM
Dec 11, 2008 1:07 AM

Nov 2008
PimpToad said:

Well ladies and gents, now you know why they put Chihiro's arc in memories rather than melodies. I don't mean to sound insensitive here, but I am shocked that they didn't have an eroge scene with Yuuko. I guess they are toning down the abundant sexual overtones of ef...but why damnit WHY!?

They also changed the way Yuuko died and I am damn pissed really. The original would have been better and would have far better explained the relationship between Mizuki and Yuuko, but they prompted to connect her more with Kuze...

Such a wonderful death scene and they decided to change it...ugh why SHAFT WHY!!!!? Yuuko didn't deserve such an anti-climactic death damnit...

I had no idea it was done like that in the game. Wow talk about a change. Seems the one you mentioned has more meaning. Thus I understand things better but they might change it still or do something different. Who knows at this stage.
Dec 11, 2008 1:37 AM

Jun 2008
winsomemastix said:

Stuff like that happens in real life too, so you don't believe when it happens in real life as well?
Dec 11, 2008 1:43 AM

Aug 2007
I honestly believe that they just offed Yuuko for the sake of doing it. I mean seriously, they never even used the one thing they overemphasized in the episode.

If you recall, they showed numerous scenes of Yuuko knitting a scarf for Yuu. Hell they even emphasized her placing it in a bag before heading out to meet Yuu. After that...nothing...it disappeared from the face of the earth. That scarf will eventually play a significant role later on, probably at the very last scenes of melodies.

They probably decided to just skip the whole Yuuko/Yuu thing since they were running out of time. The Miki/Yuu scene that was supposed to have occurred AFTER the accident happened BEFORE it.

They made lots of changes, some artistic, some truncating of the story, and some originals, but this just takes the cake. Yeah I'm only uselessly bitching/whining about it now, but I can't help it since I felt cheated so to speak.
Dec 11, 2008 4:25 AM

Aug 2008
PimpToad said:

That was what I was about to say, I knew Yuuko was gonna die on this episode after hearing all that commotion, and I was thinking it would be similar to the VN, and nothing like this...
And I'm wondering how they're gonna explain about Mizuki after this part, since
Dec 11, 2008 7:43 AM

May 2008
winsomemastix said:

It's called a hit and run. The person hits someone, gets scared and drives off. The ball was a little out of place though...
Dec 11, 2008 9:21 AM

Aug 2008
I haven't played the game, so I don't know, but the fact that Yuu is just carrying her to wherever instead of running inclines me to think that she's already dead.
Dec 11, 2008 10:37 AM

Jul 2008
though the hole episode , i thought wow thats great, everything seems fine. But then i knew there have to be a turn of events. but this ball.. ,its so stupid. but it showed me how fragile a life could be, ones life can end in one second.

Dec 11, 2008 11:08 AM

Dec 2008
I say we sue the owner of the ball.
you are my master.
Dec 11, 2008 11:15 AM

Nov 2008
YuukiHime said:

I say we find the driver and burn him!
Dec 11, 2008 1:54 PM

Jan 2008
I dunno. I can't decide if Yuuko's death was sudden and kinda like wow! in a bad way or a good way.

maxime1007 said:
Jeffusz said:
Jesus, what a killer .. First time I felt this sad watching an anime episode. x)

That mean you haven't saw kanon 2006 yet :P
When Makoto and Ayu died, I laughed. I wish she had stayed that way.

Dec 11, 2008 6:26 PM
Jul 2008
I'll sue the ball too T-T
Dec 11, 2008 7:02 PM

Apr 2007
no way, she can't be dead D:

also, xmas at southern hemisphere sucks
逃げちゃ駄目だ。
Dec 12, 2008 4:05 AM

Sep 2008
PimpToad said:

Kinda sad, but... Oh, God. u.u'

PimpToad said:

Dec 12, 2008 5:40 AM

Nov 2008
PimpToad said:

Was she really pregnant?
If that is the case then the game is even worse in mental shock. The only time I saw something like that was in one more other anime and trust me I think I want EMO and cooled off because the girl was pregnant but killing act was just too much.

Had to be some movie.
Dec 12, 2008 7:40 AM

Dec 2007
omg !
i nearly CRIED ! ><
YUUKO died .
i wanted her to died . but not this way >< ~
wahhs ~ ><

Dec 12, 2008 8:51 AM

Apr 2008
I only have one thing to say: Ho...ly...shit...

This ep cemented ef as one of my favourite animes ever. I actually cried at an anime more than ever (the only other time I have was the end of ef - a tale of memories)..just wow..
Dec 12, 2008 10:21 AM

Feb 2008
star0107 said:
omg !
i nearly CRIED ! ><

^that

R.I.P. Yuuko

Well, it was obvious from the start but... argh... Yuuko. ;_;

Last but not least one of her cutest facial expressions

BTW: Yay, there were fixed-images of a German town again.
De-JaYDec 12, 2008 10:25 AM
Dec 12, 2008 10:24 AM

Nov 2008
De-JaY said:
star0107 said:
omg !
i nearly CRIED ! ><

^that

R.I.P. Yuuko

Well, it was obvious from the start but... argh... Yuuko. ;_;

Last but not least one of her cutest facial expressions

BTW: Yay, there were fixed-images from Germany again.

Heidelberg???? Really? I did not think it was. So it is?
Wow to think it would be. Nice find.

De-JaY said:
slayer545-sama said:

Yep, it's Heidelberg for sure. ^^

That is nice. :D but episode is too sad.
Yuuko T_T
slayer545-samaDec 12, 2008 10:35 AM
Dec 12, 2008 10:28 AM

Feb 2008
slayer545-sama said:

Yep, it's Heidelberg for sure. ^^
Dec 12, 2008 10:54 AM

Apr 2008
Another posible confirmation of Yuuko´s death is the end of episode 9 where Mizuki tells Yu that she should have brought the flower for Yuuko on 25th
Dec 12, 2008 11:38 AM
Mar 2008
love the germany references in ef
was so obvious through the entire show but still disappointing
why do the people when they hear a car behind them nevver jump to the side?
didnt cry probably because it was to obvious
Dec 12, 2008 11:42 AM

Oct 2008
That car must have been FLYING if it hit her without her seeing it coming. In which case she should have been more mangled. Look right and left before retrieving random balls on the street! But based on previous posts, it sucks the anime wasn't like the game with respect to how she died. That would have made this episode horribly sad, thus so much better.

And does Yuu design/build the matching town in Australia as the perfect town?
Dec 12, 2008 2:25 PM

May 2008
its so cool to find out how they are all connected.
and Mizuki still has the same style in her hair that Kuze did for her when she was small
I really want to see the next episode
For me this was like the best episode so far, but really sad!!
Dec 12, 2008 3:50 PM

Dec 2008
slayer545-sama said:
YuukiHime said:

I say we find the driver and burn him!

I bet it was the same person.
He is so not over 9000 for doing this. :[
you are my master.
Dec 12, 2008 5:52 PM

Feb 2008
Raith said:
why do the people when they hear a car behind them nevver jump to the side?

Uhm... because of the shock?
Dec 12, 2008 6:15 PM

Nov 2007
Wow, amazing episode
sad though, will be missed
Dec 13, 2008 1:47 AM
Jul 2008
Yandere said:
I really don't think she's dead.

Remember, at the end of season 1, Yu finally saw Yuko and told her he finally came - that was definitely present day.

I think she just comes back just to really say what she wants to say to Yuu.
and then it will be the real final farewell between both of them.
a very sad scene but it will be a very happy memory between them.

As I expect she is, after her death, an angel.
Dec 13, 2008 10:59 AM
Jul 2008
PimpToad said:

I'm disappointed as well. Having spoiled myself the week before that episode ( I just wanted confirmation of my suspicions about what happened to Yuko), I was anticipating something grand by SHAFT.

It was sad especially when they kicked off the ending theme but I was more shocked and sad when I saw and read what happened in the game. It explained alot more than the scene we got in the series. Still 2 episodes left, let's wait an see.

My fave character shall be missed.
Dec 14, 2008 2:58 AM
Dec 2007
Great episode, it was really well directed and written, and a consistent following up to the later episode which finished in the church with Mizuki and Yuu (that's why the apparition of little Miki was pretty obvious and quite well placed too). On the other hand, I expected something more original for Yuuko's accident, since it's basically a KimiNozo rip off. Still an excellent episode overall, I love flashbacks (especially in black and white), so I guess I'm pleased now ;)

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Dec 14, 2008 9:27 AM

Aug 2007
The whole coloring of the episode right away made me think decay and the word die featured twice also told me about decay in my mind which in turn meant someone would die/suffer. I did not know and refused to believe such until that bad scene.

Die Bart, Die!
Dec 14, 2008 7:30 PM

Jun 2007
why is it in every romance drama a girl gets hit by a car and the driver keeps driving? Cant they come up with something else or spice it up a bit?

After seeing the part with Mizuki seeing Kuze it brought back my hatred for how they're in love with each other. She's way to young to hook up with him.

Also looks like the Yuuko we've been seeing pop up in present day has been an angle or a ghost.
Dec 14, 2008 8:59 PM

Jul 2007
DeathfireD said:
why is it in every romance drama a girl gets hit by a car and the driver keeps driving? Cant they come up with something else or spice it up a bit?

After seeing the part with Mizuki seeing Kuze it brought back my hatred for how they're in love with each other. She's way to young to hook up with him.

Also looks like the Yuuko we've been seeing pop up in present day has been an angle or a ghost.

Ya basically the randomness of how she died kinda ruined how sad I would've been and instead I was like ...LOL WTF.

It looked like the writers just needed a way for her to die so they said, "Hey! Car crashes occur often so let's just have her get hit by a car!" It was really kind of dumb... Anyway this was a pretty good episode.
All the mods fucking blow on this website except Kaiserpingvin, Cloudy-Sky, Baman and aero. PM me if you're actually good and I left you out.

Oh, rule 8...

( ̄ー ̄)
Dec 15, 2008 3:39 PM

Jun 2008
OH MY GOD WTF NO
NO NO NO NO WHAT IS THIS, WHAAT THE HELL IS THIS.

Oh hell no. I didn't see this coming! I didn't even process in my mind about Yuuko's "current" state in the present world, why she could magically appear and what not, I assumed her to be some sort of angel/god/spirit but I didn't even think about...how it would ever lead to this, well in a way I did but, dying? Oh NOEZ. After all this stuff she's had to overcome, damn it -__-'

I think the death was a little too...maybe plain, but I mean, it still hit me. The car just drove off, asses. Who do they think they are. Her singing was beautifully a dramtical horrible moment T___T! (Reads the above post) Wait SHAFT changed it? Oh great, I would read the spoiler but I don't want to spoil myself to future episodes. I liked how Mituski met them though, cute patooty.

Yuuko I love you'z <3
Dec 21, 2008 10:58 PM

Jan 2008
It was sad but.......it was predictable. A ball on the road, oh lets go and pick it up.
Funny how I remembered a similar scene in Kanon 06 and it was far more well executed me thinks :/

Still, Yuuko my only character ;___;
Dec 22, 2008 3:54 PM

Sep 2007
Guess they didn't have cellphones back then.

Sorry, just trying to lighten up the gloomy atmosphere. =/

Jan 5, 2009 3:20 AM

Feb 2008
EusthEnoptEron said:
I agree, this was pretty... random?
It didn't touch me at all. Only as the music faded in I got some chills.

And also you see it happen, then in the next scene there's Nagi, Yuu and Miki smiling and talking and all? Seemed to be an atmosphere killer to me.

Sadly enough I have to agree. The scene was just too pathethic for me.

Yandere said:

However! I did think it was odd that Yu was just carrying her, instead of running to a hospital with her, but who knows.

Therefore I also think she already died. Otherwise he would not walk so slowly.

PimpToad said:

Mayrika said:

Thats it! That would have been way more intense imo. They really screwed up that part! ;(
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » ef - a tale of melodies Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

angel999 - Nov 10, 2008

191 by lucio54 »»
Dec 18, 2023 7:40 PM

Poll: » ef - a tale of melodies Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

aidouca - Dec 22, 2008

257 by SenpaiMY92 »»
Dec 10, 2023 7:20 AM

Poll: » ef - a tale of melodies Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

slayer545-sama - Dec 16, 2008

87 by Shocked »»
Nov 30, 2023 5:54 PM

Poll: » ef - a tale of melodies Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

slayer545-sama - Dec 2, 2008

84 by Shocked »»
Nov 30, 2023 5:53 PM

Poll: » ef - a tale of melodies Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

slayer545-sama - Nov 24, 2008

89 by Shocked »»
Nov 30, 2023 5:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.