Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 8, 2008 7:48 PM

Aug 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Is it me, or did the style in art change a little?
And we go into more war! 12 more to go.
Dec 8, 2008 8:03 PM

Sep 2008
How long ago was it when I watched this....

Maybe it was different director or something like that.
Dec 16, 2008 4:53 PM

Nov 2008
Wow already at episode 14!
I must say this anime is shaping up to be a lot better than I expected!
I really hope Lady Touka will fight with Hakuoro from now on.
Mar 14, 2009 9:25 PM

Jan 2008
So the final fight has arrived.
Jul 13, 2009 6:49 PM

Jul 2008
any one else notice that Hakuoro is the only one with human ears ?
Mar 16, 2010 11:08 AM

Oct 2009
What a ruthless emperor.

Genix said:
Is it me, or did the style in art change a little?
I was going to say that, yeah, it did change a little. Looks better to me, and the fight scenes looked great.

figure8life said:
Wow, that's a good observation. I knew some of them weren't human, but now that I look back on it, all of them don't have human ears. Except I'm going to have to keep a lookout for Hakuoro's ears. It seems like his hair covers them in every scene.
Apr 3, 2010 9:14 PM

Jul 2009
figure8life said:
I noticed this in the previous episode.
I've also noticed that I have yet to see animal ears or a tail on Benawi.
Jun 5, 2010 9:21 PM

Apr 2009
Canadane said:
figure8life said:
I noticed this in the previous episode.
I've also noticed that I have yet to see animal ears or a tail on Benawi.

As for Hakuoro, as far as I know it's implied that he has normal human ears. In the game, he first thinks Eruruw and Aruruw's ears and tails are decorations, and then is shocked to see them moving and realizes they are real and considered normal for everyone.

Also, Benawi has ears similar to Kurou's, the ones slightly pointed at the tip, except for Benawi there is no patch of color on them, they're smaller, and his hair covers them most of the time, so it's even more subtle.

Aug 8, 2010 12:04 PM

Sep 2008
The beginning the of the episode was quite messed up, having the child impaled with the mother.
I'm also surprised for some reason that they keep showing mutilated bodies and flying hands for some reason. I guess I just didn't expect it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 19, 2011 11:38 AM

Jul 2009
HawthorneKitty said:
The beginning the of the episode was quite messed up, having the child impaled with the mother.
I'm also surprised for some reason that they keep showing mutilated bodies and flying hands for some reason. I guess I just didn't expect it.

I'm guessing they're trying to show the brutality, and the reason for Hakuoro's desperate attack..

Also, the mutilated parts might be just to show how powerful Karura is.
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

May 6, 2011 10:36 PM

Aug 2010
So Hakuoro isn't Rakushain??? :\ OK from what I gathered, the evil cackling (retardedly) Emperor manipulated the "corpse men" barbarians by making their leader think Hakuoro was Rakushain. The end of episode 13 wasn't really explained much in this episode besides Touko saying she was mistaken and the evil Emperor going on about being entertained by Hakuoro. I guess it isn't that complicated...

But anyways, yeah this anime is really good and addictive. It seems more and more characters build up on Hakuoro's side but I think the new introductions are coming to a close. However, I'm obviously not familiar with the game or manga so I have no idea what to expect...
May 6, 2011 11:30 PM

Jul 2009
DoubleTalKingReu said:
I guess it isn't that complicated...

Oh just you wait...
May 9, 2011 10:29 PM

Aug 2010
Canadane said:
DoubleTalKingReu said:
I guess it isn't that complicated...

Oh just you wait...

Yeah, I was just referring to the whole Rakushain thing here. It does get rather intense!!!
Feb 23, 2012 9:43 PM

Feb 2011
This new art style is a bit crappy, great episode nonetheless.
Apr 29, 2012 2:16 AM

Sep 2011
Wow another awesome recruit! Their army is so stacked now... xD

I loved the scene where Karura split that dude in half, it was freakin awesome! Oh and Oboro needs to calm the fk down, hes always in such a rush. Hes going to get himself killed one day. -.-
Sep 2, 2013 1:32 PM

Nov 2011
Hakuoro is getting more desperate every episode...although I see he did manage to prevent someone from ending their life this time.
May 8, 2014 11:59 PM
Jun 2013
HOLY CRAP! this episode uped the violence by alot.It seems kurou really want some karua tail.Dam hakuroro just wants a peaceful life but people keep screwing with him and his people.oh man alot of death in this war.Couldint someone cut the wood the lady waas buried under?
May 12, 2014 5:24 AM

Dec 2013
Awesome episode. Touka and Karura are great. I wonder how it will go.

OriginANIME said:
Oh and Oboro needs to calm the fk down, hes always in such a rush. Hes going to get himself killed one day. -.-

this
Jun 2, 2014 12:49 AM

Aug 2013
Lots of limbs were flying when Karura was in the field. Yikes. They really upped the gore and violence this episode.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Mar 25, 2015 7:25 AM

Feb 2013
Lol, wouldn't really classify that as *gore*. I am glad they upped the violence a little though, in an anime with so many giant battles the censorship was getting a tad silly.

I do hope they kill the old guy next episode, hes getting pretty annoying. The dude just reminds me of a bad comic book villain, with the way he keeps popping up and getting away without a scratch, laughing like an idiot.

Also Karura <3, best character.
Oct 12, 2015 2:17 PM

Nov 2013
Shape430 said:
Lol, wouldn't really classify that as *gore*. I am glad they upped the violence a little though, in an anime with so many giant battles the censorship was getting a tad silly.

I do hope they kill the old guy next episode, hes getting pretty annoying. The dude just reminds me of a bad comic book villain, with the way he keeps popping up and getting away without a scratch, laughing like an idiot.

Also Karura &lt;3, best character.

This. Better not getting on her bad side, though.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Nov 9, 2015 2:00 AM

Jan 2011
Karura is not subtle about how she does things, unlike Touka who does it with style and finesse, but the bottom line is they're both killing machines when they get going. Remember that Karura basically slaughtered the entire crew of the slave ship using just her bare hands and the slave chains she wears.

They may have changed this up a bit from the game as I recall that Touka went directly from the cell to Hakuoro's bedchamber to serve as a personal bodyguard after he stopped her from killing herself. I suppose in light of how they are treating the relationships in the anime, they are avoiding showing that most of the women in his court have an extremely close personal relationship with him to push an OTP. It also looks like they might be skipping the whole Karura homecoming arc as well which happened before settling accounts with this geezer.
rodacNov 9, 2015 2:04 AM
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Nov 10, 2015 4:32 PM

May 2015
This anime seems to have no concept of distance. It takes them less than a minute to cross to the other side of their country on several occasions, and all the other countries seem to be just down the road.
Nov 11, 2015 7:48 AM
Nov 2014
So after killing thier friends they forgive her just like that? it doesn't matter if she was misled she still killed innocent people.
Dec 30, 2015 4:19 PM

Jan 2013
Impressive stylized animation during certain points.
Another great episode
Feb 12, 2016 4:28 PM

Sep 2014
Pretty violent episode.
Noticed the new animation this episode at times, can't say I like it >.>
Karura is besto! <3
Happy that Touka joins Hakuoro, she's pretty awesome.
Dec 6, 2016 8:40 PM
May 2015
why was the animation so much better during this episode? fight scenes were more fluid, lighting was better, background art was better..

hopefully that continues..
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 6, 2017 3:34 PM
Aug 2014
In a not so surprising twist Touka joins the party, what was surprising was that Oboro managed to defeat an opponent that wasn't a rank and file soldier.
May 6, 2018 4:01 PM

Nov 2008
Artstyle change is unfortunate... unless in really close up shots, most of the characters look horrible now, especially at long distance they didn't bother to draw any details and had characters with warped disfigured goofy faces, which looked like they were drawn by 5 year olds...

Like they have a really nice scene with burning buildings, with beautifully looking fire, only to show the next scene the main cast sitting in a circle where everyone looks like trash, what is worse is that they even reused this horrible scene multiple times...
White_SpiritMay 6, 2018 4:08 PM
May 12, 2022 7:46 PM
Jul 2018
Looks like the final battle with Niwe is near, and Touka is joining the family :D

More topics from this board

» I found an Hidden Gem

Naveen6662246 - Apr 9

7 by 0Unknown0 »»
Apr 10, 1:30 AM

Poll: » Utawarerumono Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

alert105 - Mar 23, 2008

108 by Strahan »»
Dec 9, 2023 7:58 AM

Poll: » Utawarerumono Episode 20 Discussion

aero - Mar 15, 2009

22 by Lolicon »»
Nov 7, 2023 8:52 PM

Poll: » Utawarerumono Episode 4 Discussion

aero - Dec 27, 2008

21 by HagePotPotato »»
Apr 9, 2023 9:35 PM

Poll: » Utawarerumono Episode 24 Discussion

aero - Mar 15, 2009

18 by fast2611 »»
Mar 8, 2023 8:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.