Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 28, 2013 8:26 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh Karanomori, so chill in the lab~

There's still a lot of talking regarding Makishima Shougo and the Sibyl System. Ginoza should chill out a little imo. Lol @ the 2chan reference, oh that was funny.

Hmm, ending seemed kinda interesting imo.

Feb 28, 2013 9:24 AM

Jun 2009
still the silence befor the storm i wonder what sybil is showing akane i hope its not nome horror stuff i think sybil will get here out soo if she turns up on numbers she can get rid of here

also ginos outbursts are a lil overdone laugh every time when he does that
soo much of the silence standing a lil in the backround kinda guy

the doc is voiced by toriumi Kousuke YEAH:D

hope makishima gets more into action i really wait for that
Feb 28, 2013 9:27 AM

Nov 2009
D@mn, awesome episode, especially the parts with Gino's outbursts (i love them XD), Ko and Sensei's talk...
From now on, i should not read spoilers for the next episodes >.<
Feb 28, 2013 10:09 AM

Nov 2011
HYPER-OATS! :P

Also, Kougami's smile...*is in love* <3. This is the Urobutcher we are talking about though and anyone who smiles like that automatically raises a death flag. Please prove me wrong and live Kougami! :)
jenanimeFeb 28, 2013 10:14 AM
Feb 28, 2013 10:17 AM

Nov 2009
Okay. I have a question. Since my native language isn't English, can someone tell me what exactly is "hyper-oats"? o.O
Feb 28, 2013 10:21 AM
Feb 2013
Oats -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oat

Hyper-Oats - some fictional modified sort of Oats that provides greater harvest.
Feb 28, 2013 10:22 AM
Feb 2013
Boring episode for me, apart from the Ginoza outburst.
Feb 28, 2013 10:25 AM

Nov 2012
Hyper oats are just genetically engineered oats that are resistant to disease and provide maximum possible yield.

Wonder what the "truth" was that was revealed to Akane at the end. Her eyes almost had that cyborg look to them, but I suppose that's just the reflection from the drone and dominator. Wonder why they send her a dominator of all things. Maybe its set to fire in decomposer mode regardless of hue, so thinking she might just stun Kogami, she will end up killing him.

I get this feeling she is gonna kill the good guys(Kogami) and end up getting her brain scooped and plugged into sybil system.
Feb 28, 2013 10:45 AM

Oct 2011
Nooooooo! Don't take her brain!

Feb 28, 2013 11:46 AM
Jan 2012
It's obvious from that ending that they'll tempt Akane to join Sybil System... This is Urubochi who we're talking about so ANYTHING can happen from now on
Feb 28, 2013 11:47 AM
Dec 2012
He was lucky, yet it was ironic they were going to waste him whilst they were going to just capture the criminal.
Feb 28, 2013 12:00 PM

Dec 2009
I still don't get why Kogami is so obsessed with Makishima, but whatever.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Feb 28, 2013 12:04 PM
Jan 2012
I
Marow said:

Isn't it because his friend Sasayama died because of Makishima and because of this Kougami became a Enforcer, so he wants revenge? Correct me if I'm wrong
Feb 28, 2013 12:16 PM

Aug 2010
I get the feeling that Psycho-Pass won't end after episode 22. It seems there will be a second season, but I could be wrong.
Feb 28, 2013 12:20 PM

Dec 2009
neji3994 said:
I
Marow said:

Isn't it because his friend Sasayama died because of Makishima and because of this Kougami became a Enforcer, so he wants revenge? Correct me if I'm wrong

Forgot about that (the fact that Sasayama was ridiculous just makes it weird, though). It isn't conveyed very well.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Feb 28, 2013 12:20 PM

Jun 2012
FUCK HYPEROATS!!!

This week's episode was definitely interesting, I can give it that. Kogami scours 2chan to find out what Makishima's next plan of attack could be is pretty much the gist. More quoting of literary works but that's something I've just come to accept with PP. I was genuinely surprised when the end came up and we saw that Sibyl is going to let Akane in on what Sibyl truly is. Really nice build up, let's just hope the climax makes use of it well
Feb 28, 2013 12:34 PM

May 2011
haha, i'm loving gino's outbursts!! Also..Hyper-Oats is a..interesting name XD

I can't wait till the next episode, I wonder what Akane is gonna hear..
Feb 28, 2013 12:43 PM

Jan 2013
Wow, I actully wonder what happens next, and if Sybil will tell the whole truth or make up some BS story. Least now I know its Japan and not just one city. In a way I hope Sybil falls, given its turned Japan into some technocrats wet dream and a closed off country.
Feb 28, 2013 12:44 PM
Aug 2012
uzee said:
Nooooooo! Don't take her brain!

Sibyl System *Scanning*......................................

The Droid at the end creep the hell out of me...
I thought that was the Brain transportation and Akane was totally done for
Feb 28, 2013 12:54 PM

Apr 2011
jenanime said:
HYPER-OATS! :P

Also, Kougami's smile...*is in love* <3. This is the Urobutcher we are talking about though and anyone who smiles like that automatically raises a death flag. Please prove me wrong and live Kougami! :)

Ahaha I noticed his smile tooo!! :3 many fangirls will faint ><
Feb 28, 2013 12:55 PM

Apr 2011
SagaraYuzuru said:
I get the feeling that Psycho-Pass won't end after episode 22. It seems there will be a second season, but I could be wrong.

I hope you're not :3
Feb 28, 2013 1:00 PM
Aug 2011
Hybridbloodszak said:
FUCK HYPEROATS!!!

:D

I enjoyed the 'what would Makishima do?' way of figuring things out.

Ko-chan finally pulls the most adorable smile out of nowhere and half of his face is covered by shadows. :'(

I thought it was the chief malfunctioning when I heard the mechanical sounds at the end, but anyway they've finally gotten to Akane.
Feb 28, 2013 1:01 PM

Nov 2011
Great episode.
A lot of talking, but it just all added to what we need to know for what's to come next before hell breaks loose. This is one of those cases where I actually didn't mind all of it.

Bad vibes from dat ending though.. I feel like she may somehow be like mind-controlled or something? If they did tell her "the truth" I imagine that would make her want to LEAVE instead of staying, so I'm guessing it's just some sort of diabolical plot by the Sibyl system to use her against Kogami.
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Feb 28, 2013 1:02 PM

Apr 2011
I hate their current Chief
Touma was way better :[ (and I hate him too)
Feb 28, 2013 1:13 PM

Apr 2012
Great episode, overall better than last weeks.

I wonder if Akane will become a member of Sibyl's Core, or get an invitation to join, anyways either scenario would be very interesting.

And now another 168 hours wait D:?
Feb 28, 2013 1:16 PM

Nov 2008
Maybe Akane will kill Shougo instead of Shinya because she wants to shoulder his sins, I guess, though it would be hard for her. And then, Akane dies, Shinya lives on.
Feb 28, 2013 1:19 PM

Jan 2013
SagaraYuzuru said:

If you check character system they have added a bunch of unknown charas, so we are most likely to get second season or something, at least I'm hoping so.

I'm glad that they've stressed in this episode that Kogami and Makishima are very much alike. This is getting interesting.

I feel that Nobuchika is done for and Sibyl/chief will urge Akane to do something against him :?
Feb 28, 2013 1:26 PM

Nov 2007
I feel that this ep. is very important for the rest of series. It seems like Akane is going to get told about the truth next ep.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Feb 28, 2013 1:30 PM

Jun 2009
I'm betting on Akane being brainwashed.
All that talk was a little bit hard for me to follow @_@
Feb 28, 2013 1:35 PM

Sep 2012
Those two past episode were very slow. And only 3 episodes left... I'm afraid the ending will be rushed. I mean there is still this Yayoi subplot that hasn't been dealt with.
Feb 28, 2013 1:46 PM

Oct 2012
Lol, 2ch.

How is Kogami so confident that is what is going to happen?
Feb 28, 2013 1:51 PM

Aug 2011
Marow said:
neji3994 said:
I
Marow said:

Forgot about that (the fact that Sasayama was ridiculous just makes it weird, though). It isn't conveyed very well.

The main reason Kogami is obsessed with Makishima is because of the many people he's killed to get his point across. At first yes, it was because he killed Sasayama. But then as Makishima kept doing what he did, Kogami didn't like it, and thought Makishima deserved to die. Thus, the obsession.

The animation is back to normal. /cries

This episode was great. The end though, wow. I wonder who pre-recorded that. I mean it's not like Dominators have minds of their own.

It could be like the fake Minoshiro in Shinsekai Yori.

That's the first thought that came to me.
Feb 28, 2013 1:56 PM

Apr 2009
And they found a way to pander to the 2ch crowd after all!
They better have good explanations for the plot devopments in the past episodes in the end...
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Feb 28, 2013 2:01 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Wow, I love the way Shinya and his sensei were trying to figure out Makishima's next move. I find the process interesting and the approach overall was just very creative. I'm not familiar with criminology, but I still got to understand a little about its ways from this episode ^^ Trying to take down the Sibyl system by using hyper-oats was just mindblowing for me. Maybe not for other people, but it's definitely not something normal people can devise. I also like all the allusions they make, and I got really excited when the sensei talked about the panopticon because I recently learned about it from my favorite deviantart artist. For those of you interested, it looks like this:

And that ending. Totally unexpected o_O
tingyFeb 28, 2013 2:06 PM
Feb 28, 2013 2:02 PM
Feb 2013
UtsukushiiYume said:
Marow said:
neji3994 said:
I
Marow said:

The main reason Kogami is obsessed with Makishima is because of the many people he's killed to get his point across. At first yes, it was because he killed Sasayama. But then as Makishima kept doing what he did, Kogami didn't like it, and thought Makishima deserved to die. Thus, the obsession.

This episode was great. The end though, wow. I wonder who pre-recorded that. I mean it's not like Dominators have minds of their own.

? What do you mean?

I don't see the immediate connection between the two. (I mean, about that particular scene. Obviously, both anime are similar in that they are superb stories set in a dystopian-like future where civilisation as portrayed - one quite different from ours - may crumble to dust before our very eyes.)
Feb 28, 2013 2:07 PM
Jan 2011
bakuramariks said:
Okay. I have a question. Since my native language isn't English, can someone tell me what exactly is "hyper-oats"? o.O

Well, its more like oats but was genetically modified to produce more oats, but on a level that it's a crop on steroids.
Feb 28, 2013 2:09 PM

Jan 2011
Finally, the animation is back to normal!

Feb 28, 2013 2:14 PM

Feb 2010
Another excellent buildup episode... between the outbursts, Ko's smile, the dialogue about Makishima's motivation, and that ending... it was a solid episode! Who knows what will happen next.
Feb 28, 2013 2:27 PM

Aug 2011
AnimageNeby said:
UtsukushiiYume said:
Marow said:
neji3994 said:
I
Marow said:

? What do you mean?

I don't see the immediate connection between the two. (I mean, about that particular scene. Obviously, both anime are similar in that they are superb stories set in a dystopian-like future where civilisation as portrayed - one quite different from ours - may crumble to dust before our very eyes.)

Ahh, no. What I meant was, the fake Minoshiro acted as a figure that told the entire truth to Saki and her friends. In this case, this Dominator is acting to tell the full truth to Akane. That's the only thing that I found. Also, both the fake Minoshiro and Dominator seem to be pre-recorded messages.
Feb 28, 2013 2:29 PM
Manga Moderator
🖤🖤🖤

Sep 2012
That cliffhanger *O*

Too bad Makishima wasn't really in this episode, I hope he's in the next one. ^^
Even though I don't like episodes where there is a lot of talking, this one definitely had me hooked.
So there are five days before things get heated..interesting. c:

thanks to my lovely Secret Elf Santa
for the forum set~
(*’∀’人)♥
Feb 28, 2013 2:36 PM

Oct 2008
This is so fucking amazing
Feb 28, 2013 2:43 PM

Jul 2012
Boring. Again.
Feb 28, 2013 2:54 PM

Oct 2011
A good set-up episode. Can't wait to see Kogami's next encounter with Makishima.

Feb 28, 2013 3:21 PM
Nov 2010
SagaraYuzuru said:
Or a movie. We have gotten a lot of those lately.
Feb 28, 2013 3:33 PM

Oct 2011
Ragix said:
Bad vibes from dat ending though.. I feel like she may somehow be like mind-controlled or something? If they did tell her "the truth" I imagine that would make her want to LEAVE instead of staying, so I'm guessing it's just some sort of diabolical plot by the Sibyl system to use her against Kogami.

I think you're wrong, telling her the truth is the best way to make her act in the best interest of Sybil.

If she heard that Sybil is a collective of "original" brains, and that Makishima brain will improve the system, she would have a reason to not let Kogami kill him.

One other connection : Saki = Akane

But it's not like the false minoshiro scene, it's more the scene where the head of the ethic commity explain her everything, about tainted cat, about why they kill childrens and have founded an oppressive society, why she can't get her memories back now. It's explained by the most important person in town, in a time where the system "need" her, and because it's the best thing for the "system" to do. And Saki understood and accepted everything, and I'm sure Akane will do the same.

It's quite funny that two characters so similar, with a very rare archetype in anime, are airing at the same time
Feb 28, 2013 3:37 PM
May 2011
Tryss said:
Ragix said:

I think you're wrong, telling her the truth is the best way to make her act in the best interest of Sybil.

If she heard that Sybil is a collective of "original" brains, and that Makishima brain will improve the system, she would have a reason to not let Kogami kill him.

One other connection : Saki = Akane

But it's not like the false minoshiro scene, it's more the scene where the head of the ethic commity explain her everything, about tainted cat, about why they kill childrens and have founded an oppressive society, why she can't get her memories back now. It's explained by the most important person in town, in a time where the system "need" her, and because it's the best thing for the "system" to do. And Saki understood and accepted everything, and I'm sure Akane will do the same.

It's quite funny that two characters so similar, with a very rare archetype in anime, are airing at the same time

dem spoilers... I'm sooo glad I've watched until ep 16 now before reading your comment. This might be ruining a lot for other people who just started watching shinsekai yori.. Be careful pls. It was not anything serious this time so don't worry :)

Insanity lives deep within ourselves
Feb 28, 2013 3:50 PM

Feb 2011
Waiting forward for the main action to start
Feb 28, 2013 4:02 PM

Jul 2009
hmm that makes sense. easiest way to collapse a society would be to cut off what society needs most -- its food resources. and conveniently, there's a commodity that they rely on much more than our wheat, canola, dairy. well, i suppose if the commodity market in reality collapsed, we would be pretty fucked too. prices would sky rocket, every country will hoard everything for themselves -- countries that are lacking in commodities and usually rely on imports will start a war to 'steal' other countries' goods.

yup... eco100.
Feb 28, 2013 4:04 PM

Dec 2012
Did anyone notice how the sensei's glasses kept changing shape? (Sorry but after last week's ep I can't help noticing these things). Also lol at Kogami's moe smile.
Feb 28, 2013 4:15 PM

Aug 2011
DAAAAYYYUUUUMMM. Now the Sibyl System wants Akane. I'm guessing that's the thing that Kasei was talking about alone, the "collective decision."
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2013

273 by ANIk_003 »»
Mar 7, 7:25 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2013

927 by The_Black_B3ast »»
Mar 5, 12:27 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

352 by The_Black_B3ast »»
Mar 4, 2:49 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2013

288 by The_Black_B3ast »»
Mar 2, 9:03 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2013

373 by The_Black_B3ast »»
Feb 29, 3:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.