Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 8, 2008 1:30 PM

Aug 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So, I have a question: What is this show trying to be? I thought that this was going to be a rather intelligent show about war, life, and the consequences of immortality. Instead, it seems to be a brainless action show. If it's the latter, then there's nothing wrong with that, except that there's much too much talking, and there isn't compelling enough action. If it's supposed to be the former, then the show just isnt saying anything.
Dec 8, 2008 4:27 PM

Nov 2007
An overall mixed episode, although I was confused, when they tried to throw in a bit of comedy at one stage, then went to full on action scenes (helicopter + motorbike was awesome) then end with an anti-climatic battle between Kurou and the turtle guy (who got owned more than once xD) overall it had a bit of everything in it for me D: hopefully next episode is more consistent
Dec 9, 2008 2:21 AM

Jun 2008
wow...just wow
Dec 9, 2008 11:17 AM

Oct 2007
LOL super epic bus?

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Dec 9, 2008 12:54 PM

Dec 2007
Intense episode is intense.
Dec 10, 2008 8:21 AM
Oct 2008
Could not stop cracking up when turtle man jumped onto the hood of the car and Kurota started screaming like a pansy hahah :)
Dec 10, 2008 10:43 PM

Sep 2008
still trying to make sense on this anime....and the comedy they threw in it was very lame
Dec 10, 2008 11:14 PM
Nov 2008
awesome episode, but i agree with op , i also thought it was going to be more than what it has turned out to be, just another action anime.

Dec 12, 2008 8:13 PM

May 2008
I Loved the motorcycle part it was so awesome!
Yeah and the comedy part was kind of weird
Dec 13, 2008 11:31 PM

Oct 2007
Pretty awesome episode I thought. Comedy was a little weird place but w/e.

"I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees." By Emiliano Zapata
Dec 15, 2008 11:58 AM

Feb 2008
Woah, that old guy was really good in manipulate peoples minds. Damn Psychopath. Oo
Good he's finally dead.
Some of the CG in this episode was really ugly. But all in all the episode was okay.
Dec 15, 2008 1:36 PM
Dec 2007
Hmmm the action scenes were really bad, and direction felt weaker than previous episodes. Not a good one for me, I hope that the battle with the Red Emperor will be better, and we'll finally know the truth about Kuromitsu, but my insight is that she's not as great as Kuro recalls her to be.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Dec 15, 2008 7:55 PM

Jan 2008
I really like this series. It is as you say "just another action anime" except it is not.
This show doesn't try to be something it is not, and you have to respect it for that. It has a good plot that is interesting and not that straightforward - but not more than nescessary. It doesn't try to push themes - it is just awesome - nothing more nothing less.
A series doesn't have to be intellectually challenging to be good, aslong as it is made with that in mind.
The comedy scene caught be so much by surprise that it was actually funny. A last souper before charging headlong into the castle of death.
~five exclamation marks is the sure sign of an insane mind~
Dec 17, 2008 3:52 AM

Sep 2008
i've really enjoyed this series until this episode. i mean what the hell?? whats with the sudden change, terrible humour, corny action sequences and clique moments. this is stuffi thought this series was not going to do! only moment i liked was the sword through the guys mouth. next episode better go back to how it originally was.
Dec 17, 2008 8:03 PM

Jan 2008
-N0iR- said:
I really like this series. It is as you say "just another action anime" except it is not.
This show doesn't try to be something it is not, and you have to respect it for that. It has a good plot that is interesting and not that straightforward - but not more than nescessary. It doesn't try to push themes - it is just awesome - nothing more nothing less.
A series doesn't have to be intellectually challenging to be good, aslong as it is made with that in mind.
The comedy scene caught be so much by surprise that it was actually funny. A last souper before charging headlong into the castle of death.

Gotta say I agree fully with you. :) Though it has touches of elements from other types of shows, I find as a whole this series is rather refreshing in it's uniqueness.

This was a bad ass episode by the way. So epic.
Favourite quote? "It's probably like a horse." xD
Dec 18, 2008 9:50 PM

Dec 2007
I guess the really bad aspects cancel out the good ones. That was especially the case in this episode, laughably silly sometimes.
Dec 19, 2008 6:49 AM

Oct 2007
This episode tried to be funny and failed.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 19, 2008 6:54 AM

Nov 2007
karuta's got some driving haxxx skills XD
Dec 20, 2008 8:17 PM

Jun 2007
this episode has got to be one of the best so far in the show. The others where just way to confusing or felt out of place.
Dec 20, 2008 9:35 PM

Nov 2007
This episode was bad, wtf. Comedy in Kurozuka? WHAT? And I like action, sure, but some completely unbelievable stuff happened, even for an anime. ("It should be like riding a horse." No, Kuro, not exactly.) And like others said, anti-climactic battle scene. =/
Dec 21, 2008 1:14 PM

Mar 2008
Well, I stopped questioning things in this show a long time ago, so I even bought Kuro being able to drive that motorbike. Since when you start asking questions like this, it is highly unlikely that after the jump that bike would land nice and clean and would drive further in a straight way without driver. Moreover the physics during the bus-sliding scenes were terribly off.
So to conclude that, I stopped asking questions and tried to enjoy the ride.

Some of the CG-stuff was too obvious for my taste and the jokes were so terrible and out of place they were actually a bit funny. The action was totally ridiculous but I enjoyed it. Especially that camera view madness during the "bus getting shot by tanks" scene. The anti-climatic showdown was actually much appreciated. It would have been pretty boring to get a dragged on battle with that turtle guy.

It was one of the better episodes, really.
Dec 21, 2008 2:17 PM
Dec 2008
the resen why you do not get the story it is becuse they destoryed it. the manga is a love story the anime fu** up and tuned it the just action show and left a lot of thinks out the manga is a good story
Dec 26, 2008 4:02 AM

Jan 2008
This ep is LOL. They talk about anime. The food being delicious. Kuro knows how to drive bike in an instant and drive it nice and clean. The truck making its way up.

Amazing, really. Still, I like the show.

Aug 7, 2009 8:11 AM
Aug 2008
I think this is a little-boy show made by skillful men who still have boys' dreams in their hearts.

The little touches are realistic and grown-up, individually.

When one puts them all together, they're like something a child would design.

It's pretty hard to blend drama, action, and humor. Cowboy Bebop did it. This show tried and failed. It was a noble attempt.
Aug 16, 2009 11:52 AM

Jun 2009
This is an amazing anime the bullet time on ep 6 loved i am a fan of this anime
Bravo!
Mar 27, 2010 3:12 PM

Jan 2010
Lol, that oji-san looked like an UFO XD

A funny episode and quite action packed, but they overdid the 3D... I know it's because of the budget, but...
May 8, 2010 6:17 PM
Feb 2009
w0w another guy dead that sucks
May 16, 2010 12:35 PM
Mar 2010
DElicious, Lol
May 29, 2010 1:32 AM
Mar 2009
This ep was awesome, and we learn great things about life and the future.
-Your driving skills are better than the car.
-You can vroom to anywhere if you have the right driving skills.
-360 in a minibus aren't a big deal if they can get you trough a battlefield.
-The more the camera fly around a moving vehicle, the more they are shifting bullets or missiles.
-Shifting in a slope will help your tire to stick to the road.
-In the future, bikes will be 2x2.
-Bikes are also easier to ride than a horse, and you instantly know how to shift, even if you come from medieval Japan.
-Bikes make wheel when they want.
-Bikes know where you will land.
-Choppers' pilots won't try to get off their choppers nose a immortal vampire samurai, looking at them with angry eyes and pointing them with his sword. They will slowly wait for their death while keeping the helicopter as stable as possible.
-You can destroy a chopper with a single bullet, but you can't arm a armored minibus with anti-aircraft ammo.
-Do not listen to men who have turtles shell on their back. Never.

And most of all

-Hot pot is a very serious and intense subject. And it's delicious. No exception.
Jul 6, 2012 7:54 PM
Feb 2008
So much lolwut bullshit in this episode. Couldn't stop laughing! Kurata was an awesome driver and Kuro somehow deciphered that motorbikes are descendants of horses. I love how that Sephiroth guy with the gun didn't do much at all. The humor was weird especially for such a grim show but maybe these are moments made for the anime and not taken from the manga....

And props to Falcon Rock and Kurata...never 4get ;_;!

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/onkue
Aug 18, 2012 1:26 AM

Jul 2011
The old nuisance is finally dead.
Jul 14, 2013 10:20 AM

Oct 2009
I actually enjoyed the comedy XD it was weird and unexpected, i liked it :)

Like everyone else i don't get what this show is trying to be...
Jan 30, 2014 5:29 AM

Apr 2012
those chopper pilots cant shoot anything surprized they hit the ground
Nov 18, 2014 5:08 AM

Jan 2013
Hmm the comedy part didnt really feel right, in comparison to the serious plot we've been getting so far.
I guess it was to make up for the death of Karuta at the end.

noteDhero said:

So, I have a question: What is this show trying to be? I thought that this was going to be a rather intelligent show about war, life, and the consequences of immortality. Instead, it seems to be a brainless action show. If it's the latter, then there's nothing wrong with that, except that there's much too much talking, and there isn't compelling enough action. If it's supposed to be the former, then the show just isnt saying anything.

I thought the show was going to be exactly what you said, and untill episode 4 it was, but not sure now.
Dec 11, 2014 8:59 AM

Oct 2013
So the first half of the show was just bad, moody, serious, action with no real themes to present. And now it doesn't even know what it wants to be. The tonal shifts are terrible. The only redeeming quality is Madhouse's animation. Still 3 episodes left, but no matter what those are like, this is still one of the worst shows I've sat through in awhile.
Jun 29, 2015 10:05 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
It's an interesting anime....at least no clueless harem MC. I just take each episode as an independent segment...sort of like the Twilight Zone.
Oct 25, 2015 3:09 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Lol wtf was this episode. First part's comedy was actually sort of funny, in the caught me by surprise kind of way. Hot pot is indeed serious business. Gotta love the ridiculously entertaining directing by Araki, everything's just so intense, even when nothing substantial is happening. And that action was insane. Once again, ridiculous, but exciting and fun to watch.

mistacyrus said:
Could not stop cracking up when turtle man jumped onto the hood of the car and Kurota started screaming like a pansy hahah :)

Same, that was hilarious. Sad that Kurota died though, he was a bro kind of character. It's just Kurou and Rei now.
Dec 6, 2015 1:06 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
There seems to be a lot of changes in tone and content every episode. Do they have different directors in each episode or something?
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Dec 11, 2015 5:03 PM

Feb 2013
It's hard to take this seriously with stuff like that "driving".
Mar 9, 2016 8:01 AM
Jul 2014
That episode was bad - didn't like it at all, as it was from entirely different show...
Aug 11, 2016 6:41 PM

May 2012
Great development, loved that intense ending! Looking forward to see what the last 3 episodes will have to offer.
Jan 12, 2017 6:12 PM

Apr 2014
Glad the tutle is dead.
Mar 1, 2020 11:02 AM

Oct 2010
if you're going on a plane field how will the cart hurt the ox from behind? I would blame the ox not the cart, damn ox, he needs a good ol' whip! anyways, glad the old turtle died. This show is whack.

More topics from this board

» What happened after the first two episodes?

removed-user - Mar 2

4 by wiederherr »»
Mar 5, 11:51 AM

Poll: » Kurozuka Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tradedaemon - Dec 24, 2008

151 by akiraic »»
Feb 23, 9:12 PM

Poll: » Kurozuka Episode 7 Discussion

kie_ - Nov 20, 2008

41 by iChante »»
Sep 1, 2022 2:14 PM

Poll: » Kurozuka Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

angel999 - Oct 7, 2008

96 by Ballisto »»
Jan 25, 2021 9:03 PM

Poll: » Kurozuka Episode 8 Discussion

slayer545-sama - Nov 28, 2008

37 by OweynLupton »»
Jul 25, 2020 7:13 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.