Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 8, 2008 12:24 PM

Nov 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Best episode for me! Many funny moments more so than ever before in this series!
Where to start. From the beginning Kyoko was great! Talking to Maria in such a gentle and nice manner. :3 The yellow Hummer limousine = WIN! Very nice to see recent models of limos.

Since I watched this RAW the blue stone story confuses me a little since I did not read the manga. Is it really Tsuruga Ren that gave it to her or Shotaro? The reason is not the RAW itself but also the person they show in the flashback has blond hair yet Ren seems to think about it a lot and deeply. That is most likely why he was surprised that his manager was near his car.

The best was when Sawara proposed the Kyoko to be on TV and then she sees the show includes Shotaro. Her expression at that point made me burst out!+The chicken outfit was the major + in the LOL.

Great character expression by all the cast especially Ren, Kyoko, Shotaro and Kanae Kotonami.

Looking forward to more.

1.Favorite Ren facial expression.
2.Kyoko face expression.
Don't you think they match like this Ren and Kyoko?

Chicken outfit!? OwO Hahahhahahhahahahahahahahahahaha

please report all angel999 duplicate accounts to the mods asap
Dec 8, 2008 12:46 PM

Aug 2007
slayer545-sama said:
Since I watched this RAW the blue stone story confuses me a little since I did not read the manga. Is it really Tsuruga Ren that gave it to her or Shotaro? The reason is not the RAW itself but also the person they show in the flashback has blond hair yet Ren seems to think about it a lot and deeply. That is most likely why he was surprised that his manager was near his car.

Even if you saw the sub it isn't going to tell you. Who that person is is a mystery to Kyoko. She knows him as "Corn". As the series progresses you get more clues and more flashbacks, but Im sure you can make a nice correct guess ;)

Bo = WIN!!!

Dec 8, 2008 1:00 PM

Nov 2008
Aarana said:
slayer545-sama said:

Even if you saw the sub it isn't going to tell you. Who that person is is a mystery to Kyoko. She knows him as "Corn". As the series progresses you get more clues and more flashbacks, but Im sure you can make a nice correct guess ;)

Bo = WIN!!!

Thanks and I guess I will keep on watching but why does Ren have deep meaning for it? Perhaps he want to understand Kyoko more.
Dec 8, 2008 1:15 PM

Aug 2007
slayer545-sama said:
Aarana said:
slayer545-sama said:

Bo = WIN!!!

Thanks and I guess I will keep on watching but why does Ren have deep meaning for it? Perhaps he want to understand Kyoko more.

You learn all about it when you watch the show, but since you seem so insistant:

Dec 8, 2008 1:29 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Aarana said:
slayer545-sama said:
Aarana said:
slayer545-sama said:

Bo = WIN!!!

You learn all about it when you watch the show, but since you seem so insistant:

I just can't wait till Dark Moon is filmed! That is going to be so awesome....Wait! There is the Shou MTV too!!!
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Dec 8, 2008 1:38 PM

Nov 2008
Aarana said:
slayer545-sama said:
Aarana said:
slayer545-sama said:

Bo = WIN!!!

Thanks a bunch and I get it more now! Don't worry unless I ask spoilers do not bother me as much as others since I have other things to do, I am happy they answer some puzzles roaming around in my head. So Dark Moon......hmmmmmmmm, a movie to star Kyoko in, right?

Very interesting and looking forward to that also more Maria. maybe I put a pic of her but I don't want to bother people since angel got on people's nerves a lot with pics.

Maria has a cute moment I like in this episode.
Dec 8, 2008 5:07 PM
Nov 2007
great episode
Kyoko in the chicken suit was to funny
Dec 8, 2008 8:06 PM

Nov 2007
lol ha ha ha the chicken suit xD, and ouch rebound off the question D: but it's funny nobody notices weird poses of the chicken in the bg xD
Dec 8, 2008 8:20 PM

Nov 2008
Crimsonwill said:
lol ha ha ha the chicken suit xD, and ouch rebound off the question D: but it's funny nobody notices weird poses of the chicken in the bg xD

I enjoyed the chicken part a lot. Maybe I might put some more pics if some people find some more things funny but this episode is GOLD. It made me really LOL a lot and not all anime are good at doing it at a constant rate.
Dec 8, 2008 9:26 PM

Jun 2007
Oh great episode! I was waiting for this part, when we learn about the origin of Kyoko's stone and BO!

Zomg next episode will be one of my favorites. Bo talking with Ren. Cant wait.
wakka9ca said:
Wait! There is the Shou MTV too!!!

You are right, that's the one im looking forward the most!
Dec 8, 2008 9:31 PM

May 2008
Great episode but they missed one of the funniest parts for me that was in the manga.
In the anime when she was walking away from Ren and turned back she gave him like a thumbs down but in the manga she gave him a completely different hand gesture or whatever but it was funnier in the manga.
Here is a picture of the one in the manga:

I've read the all the manga that is out so far and they are pretty much following the manga, i was a little surprised because in some animes they go away from the manga. But i really cant wait till the next episode!!!!
Dec 8, 2008 9:50 PM
Oct 2007
@ gdrocks, I think that would be so much funnier too. XD But I laughed so hard at the thumbs down that it doesn't really matter to me. I think the actual hand gesture would be a bit inappropriate for TV, especially for "kids".

@ Aarana, you're right. They haven't mention a name change at all. But maybe he didn't know her last name back then? I don't recall in the manga what her "old" name was. Do you mind pointing me to the chapter?

BO!!!! This episode was good but golly, the next one will be even better. :3
Dec 8, 2008 10:10 PM

Nov 2007
There was a great variety in expressionfrom Kyoko in this episode - it was awesome! I've never seen someone go from gentle, to angry, to depressed, to desparate, to angry, to excited, to furious and vengeful so fast! And it all flowed together wonderfully too! I'm so happy that this anime is doing justice to my favourite character of all time. My only wish is that they could have spent a little exploring each emotion a little more, but when time is limited what can you do?
Dec 9, 2008 2:30 AM
Nov 2008
I can't wait for the good parts from the manga to come in the anime..i see they respect all the parts and that's good..
SPOILER except the part with the finger..it was supposed to be the middle one but they changed it *giggle anyway..it was very nice...can't wait for dark moon arc and the sho pv arc..
Dec 9, 2008 1:40 PM

Oct 2007
Omg, it was so freakin hilarious when the guest star turned out to be Fuwa Shoutaro and Kyoko starts freaking out! Ahahahaha!! I just couldn't help but break out laughing. Worse case scenario ftw? Too funny!
Dec 9, 2008 1:58 PM

Nov 2008
gdrocks said:
Great episode but they missed one of the funniest parts for me that was in the manga.
In the anime when she was walking away from Ren and turned back she gave him like a thumbs down but in the manga she gave him a completely different hand gesture or whatever but it was funnier in the manga.
Here is a picture of the one in the manga:

I've read the all the manga that is out so far and they are pretty much following the manga, i was a little surprised because in some animes they go away from the manga. But i really cant wait till the next episode!!!!

I will take up your challenge! Let's compare!

Dec 9, 2008 5:40 PM
Dec 2007
'Corn'? Are you serious? That's the childhood friend's name? That's umm...
But I enjoyed seeing Kyoko show some emotions in front of Ren.
Dec 10, 2008 3:44 AM

Jul 2008
Ren = Corn :O I wished they've shown us how he looked like when he was younger..

Dec 10, 2008 11:48 AM

Aug 2008
I wish that they hadn't made Ren a childhood friend of Kyoko. That's a convention of these shows that I just hate. Other than that I really liked this episode. I liked what they're starting with Mouko, loved the chicken suit...and can't get enough of evil Kyoko.

o yeah, anyone else think that Ren used to be terribly ugly?
Dec 10, 2008 12:10 PM

Aug 2007
noteDhero said:
I wish that they hadn't made Ren a childhood friend of Kyoko. That's a convention of these shows that I just hate. Other than that I really liked this episode. I liked what they're starting with Mouko, loved the chicken suit...and can't get enough of evil Kyoko.

Childhood friend = a person she met once.

Hell, she thought his name was Corn ^^: (which makes more sense later on in the series)

Dec 10, 2008 12:31 PM

Aug 2008
Aarana said:
noteDhero said:

Childhood friend = a person she met once.

Hell, she thought his name was Corn ^^: (which makes more sense later on in the series)

Well you know what I mean...that childhood encounter that she cherishes for the rest of her life. That convention. Most of the times their actually friends, but when they want to be mysterious they make it a chance encounter where one (often the boy) gives the other (the girl) something. Like in Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu.
Dec 10, 2008 1:07 PM

Mar 2008
Awesome episode like always! :)

I really hope that show has more than 26 episodes, but that probably can't be true seeing that the manga is still going on. I hope we will get a great ending for once. :/

I am also convinced that the childhood friend is Ren, even when he had blonde hair like Shoutarou. BTW, why is having the tarou in his name such an embarrassing thing? What does Tarou mean?

The facial expressions and chibi-scenes this episode were on the top end again. I am really astonished.
Dec 10, 2008 1:21 PM
Dec 2007
Fantastic episode once again, Kyoko is such an awesome character, never seen a female characetr so badass honestly ! And the script is cleverly written, if you add to that a great direction, you really have the top shoujo anime of the year I think.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Dec 10, 2008 1:41 PM

Aug 2008
Totally agree Jacut, I thought Itazura was pretty entertaining, but Skip Beat's characters...especially the lead, run circles around Itazura's stereotypes.
Dec 10, 2008 1:41 PM

Aug 2007
Forever said:

I really hope that show has more than 26 episodes, but that probably can't be true seeing that the manga is still going on. I hope we will get a great ending for once. :/

This series will go on forever, unless they cut it really short. The manga is in 20+ volumes right now, and I think this series is into the 3rd or 4th volume? Im not sure.

There is soooo much material to go through. Unless they cut it short with a total BS ending, this will be a longer series :) (at least one can hope....we don't want an Ouran or Kare Kano ending!)

Dec 10, 2008 1:42 PM

Nov 2008
Aarana said:
Forever said:

This series will go on forever, unless they cut it really short. The manga is in 20+ volumes right now, and I think this series is into the 3rd or 4th volume? Im not sure.

There is soooo much material to go through. Unless they cut it short with a total BS ending, this will be a longer series :) (at least one can hope....we don't want an Ouran or Kare Kano ending!)

Can they cover all in 2 seasons of 26 episodes each to your knowledge?
Dec 10, 2008 3:16 PM
Nov 2008
Bo is pure WIN!!! XDDDDDDDD
I just love how Kyoko's expressions shows on the chicken suit face..

can't wait for the next ep!
Dec 10, 2008 3:25 PM

Oct 2008
aaa...i think this may be my favorite epi so far
it had so many of my favorite scenes:
a ren-and-kyoko-clash scene (always a favorite!!), the first appearance of corn, bridge rock (i really like their characters despite how very little they show up <3), the bo suit (kyoko is the only person that can make a chicken suit appear menacing, lol), and aaaa...not to mention that come-back sho delivers...aaa...i mean, i'm a ren fan all the way, but even i got chills when he said that...aaa...am i as fickle as the bridge rock audience!?? *the horror*
can't wait to see the silent battle between bo and sho continue in epi 11!!!!!
AAAAaaaa....and not to mention the bo and ren scene coming!! <3
Dec 10, 2008 7:01 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
slayer545-sama said:
Aarana said:
Forever said:

Can they cover all in 2 seasons of 26 episodes each to your knowledge?

That's very probable....

After all, we aren't even up to the commercial debut yet (probably at least 4-6 episodes from this one...) + Mouko's family story.....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Dec 11, 2008 3:52 PM

Jan 2008
I loved episode 10... Just so hilarious. I was cracking up the whole time... I can't wait for the next episode too... More of Ren. xD Only I don't think he translates that well into anime?

Regarding Corn, there's an image of him much later on in the manga I think. Around chapter 100 something I think? I think he looked somewhat girly... xD

If Skip Beat is only 26 episodes, I think I'll be sort of disappointed... Unless there's a second season. I don't think they can cover everything that's happened in the manga if they stop at 26... The manga hasn't even ended yet so it's sort of difficult to tell... I just kind of hope it's long... But 2 seasons of 26 may be able to do it... Each episode has been around 2-3 chapters it seems...
Dec 12, 2008 4:45 AM

Dec 2008
This anime is best of fall season! Even tho I ignored it until 9 ep came out because its story bout some girl and becoming star blabla, its rly one of best I've seen :D 10th episode was hilarious, I was almost crying from laugh 90% of episode :D Hope they will make it long, because its rly deserves it! (*^O^*)
Dec 14, 2008 1:32 AM
Mar 2008
Since Ren actually remembers giving Kyoko the stone (later, when he's sitting in his car) i don't think there is any doubt that he is Corn.

I agree with noteDhero though, that it's a pretty lame plot device.

Dec 17, 2008 7:05 PM

Apr 2008
That whole scene with Kyoko dressed as a chicken while on the same talk show as Sho made the episode for me. Seeing Kyoko's vengefulness fully emerge at the sight of him was fun to watch! I was cheering her on!

And for some reason, Ren is starting to bore me.
Dec 21, 2008 11:48 AM

Nov 2008
This episode was hilarious. xD
When Ren was talking to her and lecturing her, and she was making the funny faces, I was about ready to start laughing. Then, she gave him a thumbs down... I still think it would've been funnier if they stuck with what she did in the manga, but it was still kind of funny in a way.
Bo is funny, especially when she was making all the weird faces, with the evil aura. I'm wondering how the eyes and mouth move though, since it's a suit... but I'll ignore that. xD
Jan 1, 2009 8:49 PM

Jun 2008
Loved the chicken costume part. Gawd this show never fails to make me laugh. ^_^
HEY!
Jan 6, 2009 3:10 PM

Oct 2007
I'm pretty sure she didn't just give him a thumbs down in the manga... quite sure she obscenely flicked him off... lol
Jan 25, 2009 10:55 PM

Mar 2008
Omfg, this episode was made of epic win. Bo's expressions were truly phenomenal. Had to rewatch those scenes. Can't get enough of it.
Feb 18, 2009 8:53 AM
Jul 2008
i love this show... its getting more and more interesting and funnier too... kyoko is just plain scary some of the time tho...

Mar 17, 2009 3:28 PM

Jan 2009
This was so funny! lmao Bo is love~ ^_^
Nov 26, 2009 11:03 AM

Jul 2009
ahh, loved it!!!!! evil chicken is so kawaii!!!!!!!!

Dec 19, 2009 8:09 PM

Aug 2008
I like Ren officially now, so I looked up his MAL page. He's an Aquarius, like me.

Win.
Jan 8, 2010 3:47 PM
May 2008
Cute episode like always, and Kyoko's "evil" look at the end was made of so much win.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Mar 4, 2010 5:39 AM

Oct 2008
=O One of the best episodes <3
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Jun 21, 2010 2:04 PM

May 2010
Yeah, this was a really funny episode. So.. Ren is Corn?
I predict that Ren will become Kyoko's lover and her friendship with Shou will slowly mend.
Sep 18, 2010 6:56 PM

Jul 2009
Lol, awesomely funny episode! Too bad Kyoko's plan to expose Sho was thwarted ... XD
Oct 3, 2010 1:10 AM

Apr 2010
one word : awesome!
and best so far ^^

Nov 5, 2010 5:46 AM

Aug 2010
^ second that! ^^
Apr 27, 2011 12:07 PM

Apr 2009
Wow evil Kyoko's manifestations follow her costume. This time? Evil chicken spirits! LOL That was awesome! XD
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Oct 2, 2011 1:29 AM

Nov 2007
Blah, the old childhood acquaintance plotline? You can do so much better, Skip Beat.

LOL @ the Kyouko!Rooster, the faces are great. Love her being evil. :D Shame Shou got out of that question so easily though.
Mar 4, 2012 5:03 PM

Sep 2011
Thats... one... evil chicken. I wonder who her childhood friend is... I'm kidding, can it be anymore obvious!?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Skip Beat! Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

jacobpaige - Mar 8, 2009

56 by eaticia »»
Mar 10, 5:51 PM

Poll: » Skip Beat! Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

MagicalEmi - Mar 29, 2009

245 by cornonacob »»
Jul 14, 2023 4:16 PM

Poll: » Skip Beat! Episode 20 Discussion

bluegummiworms - Mar 15, 2009

27 by Yuki8160 »»
Apr 30, 2023 1:14 AM

Poll: » Skip Beat! Episode 8 Discussion

Annisa - Nov 24, 2008

34 by s4gail0na »»
Feb 21, 2023 1:02 PM

» Is it bad that i watched this for the acting part and not the romance part

Pillsbury_Uchiha - Jul 2, 2022

13 by Mahificient_79 »»
Jul 3, 2022 12:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.