Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 26, 2013 1:06 PM

Sep 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
And that's it: the final episode of "Ginga e Kickoff!!"... :(

The ending, though, gives a glimpse of their lives after all the series events... (and some more suprises... and cliffhangers)
LAboy456Feb 26, 2013 1:17 PM
Feb 27, 2013 2:47 AM

May 2012
T_T my beloved ginga he kick off, wonderful, the mini-epilogue was nice to see what happened afterwards. T_T

What will I do without my dose of Ginga he kick off, will my Reika and Ericka, and energetic Shou.

Amazing series.
Feb 27, 2013 3:41 AM
Feb 2008
I will miss this show so much! It was a great last episode and it was nice to see them after the time skip. Guess Aoto met his father? I want to see more of that! And Ryuuji looks hilarious with glasses lol, but I always thought he would get some at some point.

I'm really sad now that it's over ...
Mar 24, 2013 5:15 PM

Apr 2011
Messi wasn't enough to stop the power of the Predators. The whole ending of GeF was more WTF than Inferno Cop
Apr 4, 2013 9:10 PM

Feb 2012
I love how they have the characters right on, lol Mario Balotelli is a punk, Wayne Rooney and Sergio Ramos are real life sore losers, and Cristiano tries to look good on cam....
I really loved how the coach finally got to play on pitch... The ending did make me a bit sad seeing everyone go their own seperate ways, this series definitely can have more seasons ex: high school, college, pro and to spice things up add some romance, well that's what I want if they ever decide to add a season which I highly doubt... Very underrated anime sad to see it end
Apr 5, 2013 1:15 AM

Jul 2008
Beautiful. Ginga e Kickoff was definitely the most surprised show of last year for me. I loved the one year time skip and I love Reika's speech of enjoying soccer at the end.

Thank you Doremi-Oyatsu for subbing this wonderful show!
Apr 5, 2013 6:01 AM

Nov 2012
It was a wonderful ending! Ginga e Kickoff, alongside Girls und Panzer, were the biggest surprises from last year's shows for me. I am glad I followed it to the end. It's too bad that it's not that popular out of Japan.

Will miss it :)
Apr 5, 2013 8:26 AM

May 2010
lol...Erika sure loves ronaldo(& aoto too.Shou has too many rivals T_T)..Loved to see the world famous players animated.Haha,they don't even know that they are being animated..Lovely ending;:)9/10:)

The ending was so heartwarming..So they beat them wow...They sure grew...I am gonna miss this one so much..I am one of the "starters" of this one..
TragicRomanceApr 6, 2013 3:08 AM
Apr 5, 2013 12:00 PM

Mar 2012
This was an enjoyable ride from start to finish. I liked how everyone had growth spurts in one year, haha.
Apr 5, 2013 1:20 PM

Aug 2010
Damn that was amazing!! Loved the match and lol'd at the players being sore losers XD
Poor Reika for getting injured she really became one of the best players in the team.
But at least Coach was able to play hehehe.

Really happy that they did an epilogue but too bad they all went their separate ways. How the hell did they grow up so much in one year?! XD
I want other seasons of this really enjoyed it! 8.5/10
Apr 5, 2013 3:16 PM

Jul 2011
The last game against the elite players was a bit unreal, but I love it. (If only they were highschoolers, but then the charm wouldn't be there)

Loved it. And the timeskip!! I want more!

But I also don't want to see my favorite child characters growing up. It loses the charm a bit. Anyone else notice Shou's slightly deeper voice? :)

rafi160 said:
I love how they have the characters right on, lol Mario Balotelli is a punk, Wayne Rooney and Sergio Ramos are real life sore losers, and Cristiano tries to look good on cam....

LOL.

Aw. We need more anime like this. But quicker subs so 39 episodes doesn't take a year. @_@
Apr 5, 2013 11:34 PM

Jan 2011
That was surprising really good. I enjoyed it more than I first gave it credit for. Yes the match against the world elite was a bit...but hey it was fun.

The time skip was exactly what needed to happen in the finale.

It really wasn't that slow in the sub department. It ended 2/26 this year so only a month and change behind minus the gaps between releases ;D
Apr 6, 2013 8:13 AM

May 2010
People should give this awesome series a chance really...It deserves it..They don't know what they are missing"A diamond"
Apr 6, 2013 6:52 PM

Mar 2012
Well, that match against the all star team is just kinda absurd IMHO. Guess they did win at the end? lol.. Aside from that, the "one year later" scene is nice for the closing.. Overall 8/10..
Keep moving forward
Apr 8, 2013 7:10 AM
Nov 2008
The last game was fun to watch and the timeskip was handled very well, the only thing I hoped that's missing is a hint for the Kota-Reika pair but I guess it was asking too much.

Anyway a good series, during its best like the game with Amarillo it was thrilling to see with Reika creating the best moments.

There is potential for a second season if they wanted but if I recall correctly the rating and/or the sales were poor... too bad.
Apr 9, 2013 9:32 PM

Sep 2011
man, that speech of messi...... almost sci-fi.

Anyway, quite enjoyable. A high pace could be better but that's how it was.
Apr 11, 2013 8:27 AM

May 2010
It was enjoyable. I had my doubts, but im glad I decided to finish it
8/10
Jul 15, 2013 10:26 PM

Nov 2008
I really enjoyed this series, the best part for me was Reika's little speech after she got injured. She's such an awesome character...

Who knows..maybe there are 12 year old kids who can beat world class players...or who can maybe stand a chance...I'm just saying anything is possible. If anything it'd be a great thing to see in real life.
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

Jan 9, 2014 7:22 PM

Jul 2012
I don't even know why but I started crying at the end. It wasn't sad, but I just felt very warm by this show.

Yeah. Even though it had a few "meh" episodes here and there, overall very solid. Even though it was a bit unrealistic, it was also exciting and inspiring. I love the teamwork and character growth for sure. 8/10
MayukaMar 3, 2015 2:10 AM
Jan 11, 2014 4:13 PM

Jun 2009
sorry, but big disappointed for me.
3/10
Feb 21, 2014 12:44 PM
Nov 2011
Alpharon said:
Messi wasn't enough to stop the power of the Predators. The whole ending of GeF was more WTF than Inferno Cop
I know right I was all WTF just happened
Feb 21, 2014 12:45 PM
Nov 2011
GenT-san said:
Well, that match against the all star team is just kinda absurd IMHO. Guess they did win at the end? lol.. Aside from that, the "one year later" scene is nice for the closing.. Overall 8/10..
I wanna see what happened to all of them during that one year like how Shou was scouted for Tokyo NC
Feb 17, 2015 10:07 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
They score 5 goals on pro players lol.

The ending was rather bitter sweet. They all go their own seperate ways. So Kota was the one who coach was talking about?

I would like to see a crossover match between Nana from Area no Kishi and Erika from Ginga.

Reika created her own club. Well at least she's still playing soccer, but for fun.
Overall it was a decent show, a bit of meh moments like the unrealistic match vs the Pros. Like seriously they score 5 goals on pros but had a hard time vs Amarillo and Heavenly.

Mar 2, 2015 5:35 PM
Jul 2013
KawaiiKato said:
They score 5 goals on pro players lol.

The ending was rather bitter sweet. They all go their own seperate ways. So Kota was the one who coach was talking about?

I would like to see a crossover match between Nana from Area no Kishi and Erika from Ginga.

Reika created her own club. Well at least she's still playing soccer, but for fun.
Overall it was a decent show, a bit of meh moments like the unrealistic match vs the Pros. Like seriously they score 5 goals on pros but had a hard time vs Amarillo and Heavenly.

I agree with you! I love the show very much that I almost gave it a 10/10 but the unrealistic match with them and the Pros and the whoa song stopped me from doing so. When I saw that; I am like guys, you were struggling to defeat Amarillo and Heavenly and the Barcelona team with players around your age but y'all racking up points against men who been playing soccer since forever. Yeah, right! Haha.
But, I love the show and the epilogue! I just wish that the epilogue was the last episode. I feel as though they could have expanded on that! XD
Mar 17, 2015 6:39 PM

Apr 2009
lol Messi playing together with Ronaldo :p
Jul 23, 2015 4:39 PM

Jan 2010
It was a fun ride from start to finish, it really showed off how enjoying the sport you play is soooo important 8D

Lol so much hate for the galactic world cup match, I honestly thought that it was great to see the world class reactions! Sure it's pretty unlikely that a kids' team would score on such world class players when they're completely serious, but they did have notable restrictions when playing. (and this is fiction!)

superchan said:
lol Messi playing together with Ronaldo :p

YEAH this was the funniest part LOL
Aug 26, 2015 8:57 AM
Aug 2015
any 1 know news about season 2 ?
Jan 5, 2017 9:13 PM

Jun 2011
It's never wrong to end a series with an epilogue, I got kinda teary for a second.

The series was really fun at the beginning, but around halfway of the series I kinda feel like the games have too much "predetermined" feel to it, it feels like they are using the games to prove a point (from the writers' perspective), rather than, you know, just play the game. Ex: They want Reika to score, and surprise surprise, she scores one in the next game; Ryuuji is worried of the black hole that's Reika, and she went on to prove herself in the game. The series also butchered Erika's character so hard when she's fangirling over a guy in game.

A few fantastic episodes here and there but as a whole it's rather average. Area no Kishi may not be very realistic but it's fun to watch, and we don't get something like 12 yo kids scoring against the best in the world. (this is another example of "trying to prove a point" game instead of "just playing the game")
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Mar 25, 2019 8:52 PM

Mar 2017
i feel so sad yet happy at the same time.

Them going to different paths tho.. ;w;

猫はかわいいです。 (ꈍ ‸ ꈍ)

Jun 2, 2019 5:56 PM

Aug 2008
Anime felt generic the whole way through, I guess the silly last couple episodes fit right in. Like any 6th grade team would push so called pro players like that. Uh-huh.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ginga e Kickoff!! Episode 4 Discussion

Kanade-chan - Mar 31, 2012

12 by Vellium »»
Oct 11, 2023 9:19 AM

» where can i read the manga ???

LWGench - Aug 2, 2022

5 by LWGench »»
Aug 7, 2022 8:45 AM

Poll: » Ginga e Kickoff!! Episode 11 Discussion

LAboy456 - Jun 12, 2012

23 by RottenOrange »»
May 18, 2022 8:14 PM

Poll: » Ginga e Kickoff!! Episode 32 Discussion

LAboy456 - Dec 18, 2012

8 by euls »»
Mar 25, 2019 8:28 PM

Poll: » Ginga e Kickoff!! Episode 28 Discussion

LAboy456 - Nov 13, 2012

8 by euls »»
Mar 25, 2019 2:33 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.