Forum Settings
Forums

Comedy TV Anime of Manga 'Glass Mask' Announced

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Feb 25, 2013 11:25 PM
Aug 2011
Ah i've been wanting to watch any one of its adaptations for a long while now.

Though a 5-minute-long comedy flash not so much.
Feb 25, 2013 11:31 PM
Dec 2009
9988 said:
kenshin_sama said:
How is it that I've never even heard of this manga until now? Wasn't expecting anything out of the ordinary when I saw the news post, but wow. I'll definitely look forward to the anime then. Hopefully it's well adapted.

Probably because its "old" and shoujo, last interaction was with 2005 anime adaptation, 8 years ago. Manga wise, not the most popular shoujo of the moment, but, its sales are very consistent and good. And as stated above, it has constant brakes, sometimes going as far as couple years without any new chapters.

Also I doubt its 70s art style gets the attention of contemporary fans, and its main audience its not the kind that will discuss about via forums on the net.

I would recommend the manga, its awesome.

Well the art IS the 70's STYLE if you look at previous adaptations!!!

Feb 26, 2013 12:54 AM
Aug 2012
Good lord. Well, I guess there's possibilities - like Wuthering Heights done in 5 mins with chibi's (ahh it's probably going to be atrocious).

I love the manga, and sincerely hope the mangaka stays alive (yes, the manga has been going on that long that it is a distinct possibility)...not only because well, I hope she lives to a grand old age...but goddamnit I want to see the end. It's on the home stretch. GO YOU BIG RED FIRE ENGINE!!!!!! (sorry Australian thing).

Manga does sell well I think (at least whenever a tankubon gets released it makes top 10). Though because it's being going on so long (more than 30 years) part of it could just be you know the mother's read it, then *their* daughter's read it etc - so it's garnered readership down generations.

Edit: Wait not 40 yrs, 36 I think?
Feb 26, 2013 2:05 AM

Sep 2012
toomuchcoffee said:

Edit: Wait not 40 yrs, 36 I think?
The serialization started near the end of 1975, so it is more than 37 years by now.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Feb 26, 2013 2:16 AM

Dec 2011
Woah idk about this-
Love the manga so probably will try this
Feb 26, 2013 3:04 AM

Mar 2011
It's a 5-minute-long comedy flash anime...
I will probably pass on this one.
Feb 26, 2013 3:22 AM

Jul 2010
as a strong fan of the manga and 2005 anime i have doubts about this :/ how do they imagine to bring comedy into this beautiful and somewhat serious/deep manga? even the mangaka disapproves of it...
i will watch out of loyalty to glass mask but i am very scared.
Feb 26, 2013 7:05 AM

Feb 2011
I feel sorry for the author.
Feb 26, 2013 8:28 AM

Feb 2010
Wat? Comedy? This will be as weird as the Litchi Hikari Club shorts.
I probably regret this post by now.
Feb 26, 2013 12:26 PM

Dec 2010
dtshyk said:

The manga author Miuchi Suzue said she must have been exhausted and had little judgement when she approved this anime project. When she came to, the production had already been started.

lolwut? i was briefly excited to see there was something new with the glass mask but this doesn't give me any sort of high expectations of anything good. i would have rather loved to see a second season to the 2005 adaptation. one of these days, i will get around to reading the manga though!
Feb 26, 2013 12:38 PM

May 2012
flyingpardin said:
as a strong fan of the manga and 2005 anime i have doubts about this :/ how do they imagine to bring comedy into this beautiful and somewhat serious/deep manga? even the mangaka disapproves of it...
i will watch out of loyalty to glass mask but i am very scared.

Well it can work honestly, dont see the big issue, its a spin off comedy series, its not necessarily related. Its like those chibi version of some anime. PLkus it can easily pass as a stage play.

But yea, again, its surprising that this got the comedy ver, it would be more normal in other kind of series, so yea, kinda strange.

It would be interesting to see, we just dont need to take it seriously or see it as a profanation of the series.
Feb 26, 2013 12:46 PM
Dec 2012
9988 said:
But yea, again, its surprising that this got the comedy ver, it would be more normal in other kind of series, so yea, kinda strange.

Now I'm curious to see comedy versions of Goldgo 13, LOGH and Rose of Versailles.
Feb 26, 2013 1:28 PM

Oct 2011
eminagnam said:
9988 said:

Now I'm curious to see comedy versions of Goldgo 13, LOGH and Rose of Versailles.
They are also doing it with Fist of the North Star - so I would say it's a matter of time.
Chibi version of LOGH, that would be interesting.
Feb 26, 2013 1:41 PM
Feb 2012
The manga author Miuchi Suzue said she must have been exhausted and had little judgement when she approved this anime project. When she came to, the production had already been started.

lol
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Feb 26, 2013 1:45 PM

Aug 2011
I haven't read the manga yet I guess I'll get to it then.

Spin-off huh? I'll give it a try.
Feb 26, 2013 2:50 PM
Nov 2008
Is that the only thing they can do? Parodies of old anime?
Feb 26, 2013 2:50 PM
Dec 2012
Dalek-baka said:
They are also doing it with Fist of the North Star - so I would say it's a matter of time.

lol really? Oh my haha
Feb 26, 2013 4:03 PM
Apr 2010
*sigh* Thought it was going to be another remake that went further than the last one. Fuck comedy.
Feb 26, 2013 6:35 PM

Apr 2011
I prefer watching a 1 week marathon of ALL One Piece adaptations, while getting hot wax poured on my back!
"I left everything I own in One Piece" ~ Gol D. Roger
Feb 26, 2013 8:04 PM

Apr 2008

That sounds very concerning. (lol)
Feb 26, 2013 8:47 PM

Aug 2012
Oh, you non-believers!
Feb 26, 2013 9:59 PM

May 2012
Dalek-baka said:
eminagnam said:
9988 said:

Chibi version of LOGH, that would be interesting.

For Hokuto no Ken is not strange for that kind of series, theres already chibi ver, is way too strange for something like Glass Mask, so it would be for LOGH or Rose of Versailles, for glgo not that much, this can be seen as some form of tarnishing the reputation of venerated, beloved and classic -also extremely serious- series.

I get the feeling that is the reason the mangaka is having second thoughts about letting Glass Mask being used in such a way.
Feb 26, 2013 11:13 PM

Nov 2007
eminagnam said:
9988 said:

Rose of Versaille might not have a comedy anime, but it does have a parody manga by Ikeda Riyoko herself.
Feb 27, 2013 4:16 PM

Jun 2010
Will watch, I am a big fan of Glass Mask.

Was hoping for a second season, but it won't happen.
Feb 28, 2013 7:30 AM

Nov 2008
Sorry but i believe this will be a waste of time and money
Feb 28, 2013 5:16 PM

Aug 2007
What, why?

Mar 29, 2013 6:08 AM

Aug 2008
lololol...
i'm a big fan of glass no kamen
well, i'll watch it for the lolz
Apr 18, 2013 9:58 AM

Aug 2009
Watched the first to episodes (RAW) and looked kinda fun.
Hoping someone subs this soon.
Apr 18, 2013 10:01 AM

Sep 2012
Darkshadow77 said:
Watched the first to episodes (RAW) and looked kinda fun..
I think the second episode is even better.

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jul 11, 2013 10:35 PM

Sep 2012
Forgot there is even a movie for it which is being shown in cinemas in Japan now

http://garasunokamendesuga.ponycanyon.co.jp/movie/

MAL entry
http://myanimelist.net/anime/18109/Glass_no_Kamen_Desu_ga_the_Movie:_Onna_Spy_no_Koi!_Murasaki_no_Bara_wa_Kiken_na_Kaori!

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production

DatRandomDude - 8 hours ago

33 by Yubisoft »»
30 minutes ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
5 hours ago

» Manga 'Ane Naru Mono' Gets OVA Adaptation

Vindstot - Jan 5, 2020

28 by lucio54 »»
6 hours ago

» 'Look Back' Unveils Additional Staff, Trailer

DatRandomDude - Apr 16

23 by 3inPunisher »»
10 hours ago

» 'Elf-san wa Yaserarenai.' Unveils Production Staff, First Promo

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

10 by DylanVSAnimez »»
Yesterday, 4:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.