MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Saint Seiya Omega To Be Continued in Spring
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» News Discussion »» Saint Seiya Omega To Be Continued in Spring

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
02-25-13, 3:03 AM

According to KeroKero Ace magazine, TV anime Saint Seiya Omega will move on to a new chapter from April.

Source: Scan of KeroKero Ace

Story by ShiroiRyu
Modified by dtshyk, 02-25-13, 3:04 AM

02-25-13, 3:33 AM

And now, i want some tears of anger because a lot of guys didn't wanted that, found Lost Canvas is better and other stuff.
Thanks. :D

02-25-13, 4:28 AM

Not "tears of anger" per se but maybe this will suffice:
They could certainly invest in something more worthwhile. But then again I can't wait to see if they are really going to copy the Asgard arc or try something new (they will do Asgard 2013, calling it now).

02-25-13, 5:24 AM

I don't even have the words to describe on what I feel. All that I can say is that its not pretty.

If there was ONE thing that deserved getting cancelled, its this rip off of a show.

02-25-13, 6:09 AM

im sad now

TMS please pick Lost Canvas :(

02-25-13, 6:37 AM

silversaint said:
im sad now

TMS please pick Lost Canvas :(

Really wish they would just go ahead and finish it since the manga is over with. All the epic stuff happens after the second season of OVAs. I want to see Regulus animated so badly.

As for Omega watched the first couple episodes it was alright I guess. =/
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character thats for sure!"

02-25-13, 6:57 AM

Why couldn't they have continue like this with Lost Canvas cause this 1 is the worse saint seiya ever.

02-25-13, 7:20 AM

I support and I am happy for the success of Omega, this coming from someone that grew up with Saint Seiya and that yes, I also prefer The Lost canvas, yet, this is not as bad as you make it sound to be, yest. Disappointing in so many fronts when you compare it to the classic or more recent hades and obviously lost canvas, particualrly the designs and evidently clothes, BUT better than many anime currently airing however.

So instead of omega what is more worthwhile? Series like Jojo, Stains;Gate, Shin sekai Yori, Uchuu Kyoudai, are produced rarely at the current times, so what, more generic fanservice and moe? NO THANK YOU.
Modified by 9988, 02-25-13, 7:23 AM

02-25-13, 7:22 AM

Roloko said:

Really wish they would just go ahead and finish it since the manga is over with. All the epic stuff happens after the second season of OVAs. I want to see Regulus animated so badly.

Regulus is my fav gold saint, his fight with Radamanthys is best saint seiya fight imo

Omega is bad but ill admit that its kinda fun, Sonya was a surprisingly interesting character but still this doesnt need a sequel, 50 eps are more than enough

02-25-13, 7:26 AM

silversaint said:
Roloko said:

Regulus is my fav gold saint, his fight with Radamanthys is best saint seiya fight imo

Omega is bad but ill admit that its kinda fun, Sonya was a surprisingly interesting character but still this doesnt need a sequel, 50 eps are more than enough

The sequel its most likely bew a new arc, new story, enemy enemy.

And yes, I too found Omega fun, enjoyable even, once I left my prejudice and understood it was not a series to please me(us) veteran fans and to boot it was aiming to children. Once I finally accepted that I found it not that bad and was able to enjoy it till now, it happened very early as I my love for SS made me be more positive than negative, and this also means it can gather the new insteres and blood it was aiming for and who know, TMS can very well resume the Lost Canvas now that interest has been build further now.

Since this its emulating the classic SS, as pointed above, seeing how Mars arc was so similar to Galactic tournament and 12 temples, it would not be strange that the new arc is Asgard or since that was filler, Poseidon.

Also for those disappointed with Omega, I think its sure to say the CG movie will be directed at us veteran fans, so looking forward to it.
Modified by 9988, 02-25-13, 7:31 AM

02-25-13, 7:34 AM

9988 said:
So instead of omega what is more worthwhile? Series like Jojo, Stains;Gate, Shin sekai Yori, Uchuu Kyoudai, are produced rarely at the current times, so what, more generic fanservice and moe? NO THANK YOU.
Have to add your rant everywhere you post, huh? As if Steins;Gate and Shinsekai Yori do not have generic moe... It is just that you somehow tolerate them, nothing else.

It is indeed not clear how successful Saint Seiya Omega is because it did not get much talk among fans in Japan. If this new "chapter" of anime (not sure if it is a new season) was decided because of any success of the anime, it would be more due to its booster effect on the manga or the merchandise, not the sales of anime itself.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.

02-25-13, 7:52 AM

Oh!!!! Wished to see more Lost Canvas but great that Omega is continueing

02-25-13, 7:52 AM

symbv said:
9988 said:
Have to add your rant everywhere you post, huh? As if Steins;Gate and Shinsekai Yori do not have generic moe... It is just that you somehow tolerate them, nothing else.

It is indeed not clear how successful Saint Seiya Omega is because it did not get much talk among fans in Japan. If this new "chapter" of anime (not sure if it is a new season) was decided because of any success of the anime, it would be more due to its booster effect on the manga or the merchandise, not the sales of anime itself.
symbv said:
9988 said:

@ Like you are the defender of moe at the least provocation.

And yes, by now I know very well your gimmick of "not enough evidence" so wont bother much.

I am however happy to tell you SS is of the couple series in which western interest -Latin America /Europe- beats any Japan reaction or non reactions. Go inform yourself about SS, how big is on those western lands (DBZ level) and what was the main or one of the reason the whole franchise was rebooted a decade ago and has continued till now in the form of manga - anime -games.

So in short SS is not made for Japan at all, thou you seem to not know the ratings of Omega 1.4 / 2.6 (6:30 am Sunday), in average from normal to good for its time-slot, probably one of the reason the anime was extended but no, it also improved over the ratings of Digimon Xross Wars. I dont work for Toei so cannot give you the precise first hand data to avoid your usual "its not clear", it does not take genius or be involved in the project to analyze and guess the evident thou.

You also seem to not know SS is one of the top sources of foreign income for Toei due to western sales.
Modified by 9988, 02-25-13, 8:01 AM

02-25-13, 8:01 AM

symbv said:

Describing Shinsekai Yori as "generic" in anyway is hilarious misuse of words.

02-25-13, 8:03 AM

9988 said:
@ Like you are the defender of moe at the least provocation.
How about you are the moe hatred spiller at the least pretext?
9988 said:
And yes, by now I know very well your gimmick of "not enough evidence" so wont bother much.
Or better: you never able to provide backup to what you claim, so you rely on the gimmick of simply restating the same attack line time and again.

9988 said:
I am however happy to tell you SS is of the couple series in which western interest -Latin America /Europe- beats any Japan reaction or non reactions. Go inform yourself about SS, how big is on those western lands (DBZ level) and what was the main or one of the reason the whole franchise was rebooted a decade ago and has continued till now in the form of manga - anime -games.
Well, SS was once really big in Japan and outside Japan as well. But that was then. If you want to talk about SS Omega, then I am just going to repeat what I said in my last post: the anime itself got little attention in Japan. As I said, there may be other good reasons for SS Omega to go for a new "chapter" (it does not say it will be a TV series, so I would avoid using the term "season") but anime sales is definitely not one of them.

9988 said:
So in short SS is not made for Japan at all, thou you seem to not know the ratings of Omega 1.4 / 2.6, in average from normal to good for its time-slot, probably one of the reason the anime as extended but no, I dont work for Toei so cannot give you the precise data to avoid you usual "its not clear", it does not take genius or be involved in the project to analyze and guess the evident thou.
You also seem to not know SS is one of the top sources of foreign income for Toei due to western sells.
I think you are likely to overestimate how much SS made for Toei from overseas market. What we do know from the industry news from anime business people is that foreign source of revenue contributes only very tiny part of their overall revenue. So even if your claim that SS is one of the top source of foreign income is true, it does not amount to much, and of course we don't even know how you get that claim from, much less your claim that SS Omega (or even SS itself) was not made for Japan at all.
Modified by symbv, 02-25-13, 10:31 AM

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.

02-25-13, 8:04 AM

Fai said:
symbv said:

Describing Shinsekai Yori as "generic" in anyway is hilarious misuse of words.
Note that I did not say Shinseakai Yori is generic. If you read my post with some care, you should know I am saying there is "generic moe" in Shinsekai Yori.

02-25-13, 8:10 AM

ShiroiRyu said:
And now, i want some tears of anger because a lot of guys didn't wanted that, found Lost Canvas is better and other stuff.
Thanks. :D

None of them. They are just ruining the original Saint Seiya for the money.

02-25-13, 9:41 AM

Bah!According to the comments beds in the sites I frequent,I should abandon the idea of looking at it.Oh well I'll give him a chance. ^^"

Thanks for the news.

02-25-13, 11:02 AM

9988 said:
I support and I am happy for the success of Omega, this coming from someone that grew up with Saint Seiya and that yes, I also prefer The Lost canvas, yet, this is not as bad as you make it sound to be, yest. Disappointing in so many fronts when you compare it to the classic or more recent hades and obviously lost canvas, particualrly the designs and evidently clothes, BUT better than many anime currently airing however.

I agree with you 100% and I also grew up with Seiya and this show hasn't been bad as people make it out to be.

silversaint said:

That fight is so epic that is also one of my favorites in the SS verse. BTW Regulus is a boss... arguably the strongest gold saint in LC.

02-25-13, 11:32 AM

everyone want lost canvas instead of this.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices