Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 22, 2013 9:35 PM

Feb 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Great Ep cant wait to see how this show will end
Feb 25, 2013 5:13 PM

Nov 2007
I fail to see how Sonata becoming obsessive is Aesuchi's fault, no matter what Rhythm's father says, or how much Aesuchi accepts it as so. So she had an argument with her mother, who went off to teach Sonata instead for some reason. Sonata and Kei have no responsibility in this? BS. Maybe Rhythm's dad should have tried a little harder to keep his wife sane, it's just as good an accusation.

That said, I love Aira's jump. :3 The little fairy wings were adorable, and when she got Aesuchi to wear the dress, I laughed. It's a cute dress, but I don't think it goes well with her hair at all... not to mention the little pink tiara makes it look like it's more suited for someone Aira's age.
Jan 6, 2015 3:57 PM
gokigenyou~

May 2013
>Its Asechi's fault that their family is broken up
Yeah, that's a huge load of bullshit. Sonata is necessarily responsible for the actions that she made, especially over something as frivolous as trying to master something that will ultimately make or break her family.

Sonata is at fault, and will have to live with that guilt for the rest of her life. Not Asechi. Rhythm's father is a piece of shit, and Rhythm is also. She's naive, and she doesn't want to listen to reason.

Feb 28, 2019 4:55 PM

Jul 2015
Pretty good backstory episode!
Nov 1, 2021 8:35 PM
Feb 2018
Yes Asechi created the situation that caused it to happen. But she didn't directly "cause" it to happen. Free will is still a thing. Sonata put Aurora Rising over her own family, that's on her. Rizumu's Dad is grieving and blaming others as a result. Not that it justifies it. Kinda sad that Asechi's guilt is making her blind to the fact that it wasn't her fault.

Glad to see that this thread aren't siding with what the show wants us to side with. Asechi is innocent. Rizumu's family is messed up. Kei seems like a bad Mom although I also don't know what happened with Asechi's Dad. Honestly sometimes even "kids show" gives bad message to kids for them to eat up. Mother abandons family to master a skill? Way to set your priorities right. Asechi is at fault for simply existing and being Sonata's rival? What?

One thing I don't get though. How will making Aira do Aurora Rising solve anything?
Jan 16, 2022 10:44 PM

Jan 2015
Wow, this show has some shitty mother figures.

^ I'm also confused as to why Asechi asked Aira to perform the Aurora Rising and how it's supposed to help Rhythm. If anything, won't seeing Aira succeed at performing the Aurora Rising just make Rhythm even more motivated to do it herself?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Pretty Rhythm: Aurora Dream Episode 1 Discussion

Kanade-chan - Apr 9, 2011

32 by VivaceRex »»
Mar 23, 9:21 AM

Poll: » Pretty Rhythm: Aurora Dream Episode 23 Discussion

prismheart - Mar 26, 2012

3 by yuanya »»
Jan 20, 2:58 PM

Poll: » Pretty Rhythm: Aurora Dream Episode 21 Discussion

prismheart - Feb 25, 2012

2 by yuanya »»
Jan 20, 8:15 AM

Poll: » Pretty Rhythm: Aurora Dream Episode 34 Discussion

prismheart - Sep 15, 2012

4 by SakuraTetis »»
Feb 1, 2023 1:43 PM

Poll: » Pretty Rhythm: Aurora Dream Episode 39 Discussion

MetaThPr4h - Feb 28, 2019

2 by Masha_elr »»
Dec 21, 2022 11:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.