Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 24, 2013 6:08 PM
Mar 2011
yunaleia said:
And my point is not an opinion either, given that there are just as many people on here posting about their dissatisfaction of the way the manga has played out. That is also fact.

Though I understand your sentiments as a basis, using your opinion as a writer, to me at least, has no bearing or weight on the arguement.

Yes Hino has targeted her audience in Japan if that is how the populus like to see things, but as a writer, is *potentially* (using this word losely, dont hold me to it) losing a large portion of your reader base (we're not talking numbers or figures, just a generic) by playing out a story line so ... disjointed ... really something to be proud of? Your analysis of the before/after effect of Yuukis relationship with Zero and Kaname, if this was indeed Hino's plan all along, would it not have been at least an idea to slowly either remove Zero from the love triangle or remove him entirely?

"Privilege of reading them" ... when your works become as big as Seo, Hino, Kei et al, I'll bare that in mind ... until then, more conceitedness ...

*Facepalm* Again you miss my point and again you display complete disrespect for every and any author that has ever published something. Allow me to caps lock it so I can get my point acros:

READING A NOVEL, MANGA, SHORT STORY, ANY WORK OF LITERARY FICTION, IS A PRIVILEGE GIVEN BY AN AUTHOR TO THEIR FANS.

Take for example (as much as I hate to use this) Stephanie Meiers author of (Bleh!! >.<) Twilight. She had at one point a story that would have taken place from the point of view of Edward that was never published because someone betrayed her trust and posted part of it online. By not publishing that story Stephanie Meiers took away the privilege that her fans had of ever reading the completed version. A privilege is something that can be taken away. Like I said an author doesn't have to publish something but they do, they give their readers that privilege. And yes my opinion as a writer has bearing and weight on the argument as it provides credibility (clearly you have never taken a speech class if you feel that is unimportant). And popularity has nothing to do with it, I have had experience with fan bases when it comes to putting my comics on my deviantart and publishing fanfics on fanfiction.net so I know what I'm talk about (more credibility woohoo!) it's not conceitedness.

I don't see Hino's story line as necessarily disjointed, it's just not your typical connect the dots with every chapter type of storyline. Rather Hino's storyline is more like putting together a puzzle if you just try to connect it chapter by chapter it doesn't work just like pulling each individual piece out of a puzzle box without looking and trying to connect them won't work (unless you're really lucky, and in that case why are you wasting your time putting together a puzzle!? Go out and buy yourself a lottery ticket XD) rather you have to read Hino-sensei's work as a collective whole and connect the puzzle pieces where they fit rather than taking it chapter by chapter. Someone on another VK forum also brought up the analogy of each chapter being a lone tree in a forest and the forest being the manga as a whole though I find the puzzle analogy to be more appropriate. If anything her plot is more complex and more brilliantly done than in other manga that use the linear approach for plot. I also doubt that the larger part of her reader base is the part that she lost with her presentation rather I think it was the minority.

"Your analysis of the before/after effect of Yuukis relationship with Zero and Kaname, if this was indeed Hino's plan all along, would it not have been at least an idea to slowly either remove Zero from the love triangle or remove him entirely?"

I wasn't presenting it as a before/after effect I was presenting it as Hino balancing it, like balancing a scale, in order to draw out Yuuki's true feelings. It wouldn't have made sense to slowly remove Zero from the love triangle or remove him entirely prior to chapter 87 because Yuuki still wasn't sure about her own feelings (which I believe she is now but that's opening up an entirely new can of worms that I don't want to delve into right now as I have no ambition to go looking up chapter and page numbers simply to prove a point) now in the final arc would be the time to start tipping the scales.

"if that is how the populus like to see things", by the way I loled at this. How the populus like to see thing? It's the truth not just a way of looking at something. Should I say "Yes the target audience of the guy that published Captain America was the United States of America if that is how the populus like to see things"
Feb 25, 2013 3:39 PM

Jun 2008
Edefrem said:
Just when you think you couldn't dislike Kaname even more...I swear if he's trying to bring Zero and Yuuki together I'll flip shit.

Narutowolf77 said:
Fully agree that Kaname's actions were him trying to save the Zeki ship.

WHY SAVE A SHIP THAT HAS FINALLY (AND GODDAMN THANKFULLY) BE SUNK?!?!?

Actually Kaname is gay for Zero since he chased after him the whole fucking chapter.
*Kaname grabs Zero´s arm*
*Kaname gazes at Zero in the hall*
*Kaname secretely watches Zero through the window*
*And then he calls him for tea*
*And then he bites Yuuki LOOKING at Zero*
Behind the scenes

Please dear Heaven´s remove Zero from that house. Kaito is the best bro ever, his words were just...the ultimate truth. I dont want Zero raising the Kuran´s child and then become a pedophile or a stepdad. I dont want him with Yuuki. Zero deserves better and since Zero is my only reason why I keep reading this crap, I wish him the biggest happiness. IMO being alone is better than staying with Yuuki.

I swear if this ends in ZEKI Ill rate this with 1. A lot of months ago long time before Kaname had the "wish" to die I made a prediction and it turned out right. I predicted Kaname would want to die for humanity´s sake. My second prediction was that Yuuki would choose Zero only because Kaname was going to die and that one didnt turn out true...YET. Because honestly Im not seeing Yuuki opening her arms and returning to Zero with Kaname alive.
Even if Yuuki returned to Zero saying "I love you from the bottom of my heart" It is simply not credible anymore because of her attitudes during the whole manga. If she comes and says "I love you more than Kaname" I cannot even believe it. Its not believable you see?!!!

Kaname should stop forcing Zero to remember, its awkward coming from his love rival. Just leave Zero alone for god´s sake. For once in your life just FUCKING LEAVE HIM ALONE, stop thinking in Yuuki, think in Zero at least a little bit. Kaname´s aim is always the same: entrust Yuuki to Zero so the lady can live protected forever with a KNIGHT to protect her above all things. NO. If he wants someone to protect her he should do it himself and stop the nonsense of wanting to die for the sake of humanity. Its like Kaname and his chess: Kaname is the king and he "made" a knight for his queen.
Stop messing with Zero. Now it comes a battle with purebloods and someone is going to get hurt.

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Feb 25, 2013 5:08 PM
Jan 2013
Well according to the shoujo romance genre, she now *can't* get with Zero ... so ... I'm no longer sure what to expect in the end.

Super vindictive mode activated*

IF by some Suzuka style drama, after one session of *where are you poking*, Yuuki ends up pregnant ... I want Zero to wait until Yuuki sees Kaname burn, then shoot her in the back through the womb ... With a sealing bullet ... Now she can't breed nor have that destestable characters child either ...

SVM Deactivated ...

Kanames character as portrayed in my eyes, is a calculating, manipulative and and full of guile. He is no Leloch ... he is far darker and far more deceitful. I dislike his character with every passing chapter. This last chapter just goes to show how far he will push his mind games. To repeat, not only to his slave, but also to Zero ...
Feb 25, 2013 8:10 PM
Jan 2013
I didn't mind this chapter so much. I agree with other posters in that Kaname is totally trying to revive the Zeki ship. At the beginning of the chapter, she says that it's almost as if Kaname can't live unless he's using his life for someone else- so his deciding to become the new parent substance could be his way of trying to ensure Yuki has a good life (that's the way I look at it anyways).
And yes! Good to see Shiki, Rima and Aido once again!

I don't know why people are confused over why Zero and Kaito were sent to the Kuran mansion...I think it's quite clear that the Association wants to protect the person who said he'd become the new parent, and Zero/Kaito have been the best hunters at the association for many chapters now! But obvs it also has to do with Zero regaining his memories of Yuki back too :P

Chapter 88/89 was the big drama chapter. This one was really just about drawing out what happened after the climax of chapter 89. So I agree with the previous posters who said they were "neutral" on this chapter; I am too.

Personally, I'm not pissed at Yuki or tired of Kaname's drama or sad for Zero. I have definitely connected with all of these characters for sure, but this is the story Hino is telling. I don't think she would end this story with a mediocre ending. This is the same mangaka who told the first half of VK that everyone loves so much, after all.
Feb 26, 2013 12:17 AM
Mar 2011
margeaux202 said:
I didn't mind this chapter so much. I agree with other posters in that Kaname is totally trying to revive the Zeki ship. At the beginning of the chapter, she says that it's almost as if Kaname can't live unless he's using his life for someone else- so his deciding to become the new parent substance could be his way of trying to ensure Yuki has a good life (that's the way I look at it anyways).
And yes! Good to see Shiki, Rima and Aido once again!

I don't know why people are confused over why Zero and Kaito were sent to the Kuran mansion...I think it's quite clear that the Association wants to protect the person who said he'd become the new parent, and Zero/Kaito have been the best hunters at the association for many chapters now! But obvs it also has to do with Zero regaining his memories of Yuki back too :P

Chapter 88/89 was the big drama chapter. This one was really just about drawing out what happened after the climax of chapter 89. So I agree with the previous posters who said they were "neutral" on this chapter; I am too.

Personally, I'm not pissed at Yuki or tired of Kaname's drama or sad for Zero. I have definitely connected with all of these characters for sure, but this is the story Hino is telling. I don't think she would end this story with a mediocre ending. This is the same mangaka who told the first half of VK that everyone loves so much, after all.

Feb 26, 2013 6:49 AM

Nov 2007
Is Kaname doing that on purpose? To make Zero and Yuuki painful? It's nice to see Takuma-sempai back, though.

Enemy intrusions...
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Feb 26, 2013 8:22 AM
Feb 2013
Orulyon said:
Edefrem said:
Just when you think you couldn't dislike Kaname even more...I swear if he's trying to bring Zero and Yuuki together I'll flip shit.

Narutowolf77 said:
Fully agree that Kaname's actions were him trying to save the Zeki ship.

WHY SAVE A SHIP THAT HAS FINALLY (AND GODDAMN THANKFULLY) BE SUNK?!?!?

Actually Kaname is gay for Zero since he chased after him the whole fucking chapter.
*Kaname grabs Zero´s arm*
*Kaname gazes at Zero in the hall*
*Kaname secretely watches Zero through the window*
*And then he calls him for tea*
*And then he bites Yuuki LOOKING at Zero*
Behind the scenes

Please dear Heaven´s remove Zero from that house. Kaito is the best bro ever, his words were just...the ultimate truth. I dont want Zero raising the Kuran´s child and then become a pedophile or a stepdad. I dont want him with Yuuki. Zero deserves better and since Zero is my only reason why I keep reading this crap, I wish him the biggest happiness. IMO being alone is better than staying with Yuuki.

I swear if this ends in ZEKI Ill rate this with 1. A lot of months ago long time before Kaname had the "wish" to die I made a prediction and it turned out right. I predicted Kaname would want to die for humanity´s sake. My second prediction was that Yuuki would choose Zero only because Kaname was going to die and that one didnt turn out true...YET. Because honestly Im not seeing Yuuki opening her arms and returning to Zero with Kaname alive.
Even if Yuuki returned to Zero saying "I love you from the bottom of my heart" It is simply not credible anymore because of her attitudes during the whole manga. If she comes and says "I love you more than Kaname" I cannot even believe it. Its not believable you see?!!!

Kaname should stop forcing Zero to remember, its awkward coming from his love rival. Just leave Zero alone for god´s sake. For once in your life just FUCKING LEAVE HIM ALONE, stop thinking in Yuuki, think in Zero at least a little bit. Kaname´s aim is always the same: entrust Yuuki to Zero so the lady can live protected forever with a KNIGHT to protect her above all things. NO. If he wants someone to protect her he should do it himself and stop the nonsense of wanting to die for the sake of humanity. Its like Kaname and his chess: Kaname is the king and he "made" a knight for his queen.
Stop messing with Zero. Now it comes a battle with purebloods and someone is going to get hurt.

Feb 26, 2013 10:39 AM
Jan 2013
Feb 26, 2013 11:36 AM

Feb 2009
This some bullshit. Why the hell did she have to go and sleep with Kaname? -_- I am not liking the turn this manga is taking now. Here's to hoping a decent ending will happen when it's all said and done.
Feb 26, 2013 6:25 PM

Sep 2012
Such a crap chapter, once again. I'd hoped that there would be some recovery after the disastrous 89 but there's no saving this series now. I've noticed that the discussion traffic has been cut by more than half since 88. Nice job Hino.

I'll reiterate my views on how this will end soon:

- Kaname will die. Not by furnace
- Zero will remember
- Hino will try make Zeki happen. It won't be pretty
Feb 26, 2013 9:27 PM

Mar 2011
yunaleia said:

HELL YES.

MallyMalMal said:
I am not liking the turn this manga is taking now. Here's to hoping a decent ending will happen when it's all said and done.

Now? I've been disliking this manga for like 40 something chapters now.

Orulyon said:

I swear if this ends in ZEKI Ill rate this with 1.

Pssh, rate it a one. I'll murder someone, kick a puppy and scream at a baby if Zeki happens.
Feb 27, 2013 3:47 AM
Jan 2013
I'm going to reitterate what Raven_Shinobi said in that in almost all shoujo related mangas, if the heroine has a harem of bishies to chose from, the one that she sleeps with first will end up being the end pairing. Now unless Hino intends to prove that what we saw in chapter 89 was simply a night of hugging (rofl - no) then a Zeki ending is by and large impossible. Good for me, good for you, like Eskimo neko too.

Anyone predicting she's already pregnant and that Zero has to take care of the child which would end up being called Kaname ... get your head out of the gutter. If this prediction comes to fruition they best add a 0 rating to the manga because that it is what it will deserve.

On a calmer note, does anyone with any particular clarity, have any idea how many (possibly hideous) chapters we have till this mangas completion?
Feb 27, 2013 4:14 AM
Jul 2018

Argh. I hating Kaname will probably until the end even though he will sacrificed himself. He suck. I felt happy when he was slapped by Yuuki. HAHA. Yuuki, slapped him more! Zero, be happy already. You deserve a happy ending. No more, no less. Just leave Yuuki alone. She is not deserving with your love.
Feb 27, 2013 7:50 AM

Jan 2013
Vesperlynd said:
Such a crap chapter, once again. I'd hoped that there would be some recovery after the disastrous 89 but there's no saving this series now. I've noticed that the discussion traffic has been cut by more than half since 88. Nice job Hino.

I'll reiterate my views on how this will end soon:

- Kaname will die. Not by furnace
- Zero will remember
- Hino will try make Zeki happen. It won't be pretty

This manga is pretty much dead for me now, and Hino better not try!!! If there is a pureblood baby at the end of all this I hope Zero beats it, He can chain IT in the basement!!
Feb 27, 2013 9:02 AM
Feb 2013
3 more chapters to go and the only thing that happened this chapter was a tea party.I tried dropping the manga after chapter89 but couldn't. I just had to see what new misfortune will befall Zero. What I really want to see now is Zero getting back his memories and confronting Kaname for his family's death. And to see Zero reject yuuki(which is never going to happen since he loves her so unconditionally). I hate Hino for destroying Yuuki's character in chapter89 and I cannot like yuuki again. I am hoping Kaname dies to save Zero or something in a way to atone for destroying his life.
Feb 27, 2013 10:42 AM
Jan 2013
Randomxxxx said:
I am hoping Kaname dies to save Zero or something in a way to atone for destroying his life.

No no no! This cannot happen. Why? Because it will be another joker card from the Kaname fanbase to *prove* that he is being a selfless anti-hero. This in turn will add a demeaning factor to Zeros character as he would then have a debt to Kaname (a debt to a pureblood vampire more precisely).

He owes Kaname nothing at present. The whole idea of him attempting to *save the Zeki ship* is an idolisation of two characters, both Yuuki and Kaname, being *helpful* towards Zero.

My ideal ending is actually leaning towards Zero dying (here me out first) by saving Kaname before he throws himself in the furnace. Yuuki then ends up losing both of her male interests, Kaname finally gets his wish and Zero can pass away in the knowledge that a pureblood vampire owed him a debt that he now cannot repay and Yuuki would know of it. The end result is that Zero can be at peace in death, Kaname can die and be forgotten about and Yuuki can cry in despair because she has no man to coddle her ... HA! ...
Feb 27, 2013 12:50 PM
Feb 2013
Let me make one thing clear: I don't like Yuki anymore.

That said, I also want to kick Kaname's ass for forcing her to sit practically superglued to him. And for displaying her like a piece of property. Of course, he might only be preparing Yuki to forget him after he died in the Furnace. If that's so then I might like him better, but not much.

Also, what does Hino-sensei think she's doing? She had Kaname KILL Aidou's dad right in front of our eyes, and then, voila, HE'S BACK TO LIFE! Illogical!

At this point I honestly don't care if Yuki draws lots and picks either Kaname or Zero, but this I-love-him-but-like-him-as-well thing is really pissing me off.

Of course, the ShikiRima was the saving grace of this chapter. I loved that. And also the smattering of KaitoZero.

Hopefully Kaname and Yuki will stop banging each other enough to think about what they're doing, and also I really hope something awesomely good happens to Zero. He's had it overdue. I love ya, pal.
Feb 27, 2013 1:02 PM
Jan 2013
HayasakaShion said:
Let me make one thing clear: I don't like Yuki anymore.

That said, I also want to kick Kaname's ass for forcing her to sit practically superglued to him. And for displaying her like a piece of property. Of course, he might only be preparing Yuki to forget him after he died in the Furnace. If that's so then I might like him better, but not much.

Also, what does Hino-sensei think she's doing? She had Kaname KILL Aidou's dad right in front of our eyes, and then, voila, HE'S BACK TO LIFE! Illogical!

At this point I honestly don't care if Yuki draws lots and picks either Kaname or Zero, but this I-love-him-but-like-him-as-well thing is really pissing me off.

Of course, the ShikiRima was the saving grace of this chapter. I loved that. And also the smattering of KaitoZero.

Hopefully Kaname and Yuki will stop banging each other enough to think about what they're doing, and also I really hope something awesomely good happens to Zero. He's had it overdue. I love ya, pal.

Query ... is it really Aidou's dad? Bodies being possessed by other souls whilst alive in anothers body has been shown to occur already ...
Feb 27, 2013 1:31 PM
Mar 2011

Kaname IS trying to make Zero remember Yuuki so that he can leave Yuuki to him when he dies there is no other word for it but saving. And I don't get how you can say he is NOT selfless and an anti-hero after chapters 89 and 90 which were basically ABOUT him being selfless heck it even showed in chapter 81 that he is selfless:

"Killing purebloods is "Her" wish." - Chapter 81 Page 20, Kaname to Yuuki

"I had thought one day to use this life of mine to make Yuuki human..." - Chapter 88 Page 10, Kaname to Isaya

"It's the responsibility of the last remaining member of the founders, so I will succeed *Her*. We must leave the parent and the power to butcher vampires, with humans." - Chapter 89 Page 21, Kaname to Kaien

"I will use my heart to fuel the furnace." - Chapter 89 Page 21, Kaname to Kaien

"It was all for me and until the very end you made sure I couldn't find out." - Chapter 89 Page 31, Yuuki to Kaname

"In the distant past I briefly saw ...Kaname helped humans with affection but was betrayed. Even so he has always stood by them as their ally. Despite losing his greatest companion and despite losing his comrades he has always...always...always...it's as though he wouldn't be allowed to exist if he didn't use his life for the sake of someone..." - Chapter 90 Page 3, Yuuki internal monologue

"Throwing one's heart into the furnace, and giving that to them. For the sake of the weak, one would continue to exist for a long time. As the weapons which would be covered in vampire's blood and dirt..." - Chapter 90 Page 28, Yuuki internal monologue

I don't care that you hate the characters, hate them all you want! But please don't try to deny what is canon, I hate Zero and I don't go around saying that he doesn't love Yuuki because he pointed guns at her head, told her he was going to kill her, and treated her coldly for reasons that were never her fault (basically misplaced anger) nor do I go around saying that he's heartless because neither are true based off of canon evidence, it's clear he loves Yuuki and even though he has treated her terribly in the past he does indeed have a heart.

Anyways since we're talking about our ideal endings mine would be one in which Zero dies (not because I hate him either unlike some of the Kaname haters who want him dead simply because they hate him) in order to save Kaname and Yuuki by destroying the furnace which would then bring everything full circle because the Ancestress died for humans/hunters so a ex-human/hunter dying for vampires would just kind of bring everything round again and if he dies while destroying the furnace it would promote the overall theme of peaceful co-existence. In a way it kind of let's everyone win Kaname gets a second chance at love and life, Yuuki gets Kaname, and Zero is remembered as a hero and will be happy with his family in the afterlife (hey if people who say Kaname should die because he will be with the Ancestress in the afterlife can use that excuse then I can use this excuse). Though like stated this is just my ideal, I'm steeling my heart for whatever end Hino throws at us be it tragic or happy.
Feb 27, 2013 1:54 PM
Jan 2013
Narutowolf77 said:
Kaname IS trying to make Zero remember Yuuki so that he can leave Yuuki to him when he dies there is no other word for it but saving.

Quoting myself again here, compliments of Raven_Shinobi in that in almost all shoujo related mangas, if the heroine has a harem of bishies to chose from, the one that she sleeps with first will end up being the end pairing. Now unless Hino intends to prove that what we saw in chapter 89 was simply a night of hugging (rofl - no) then a Zeki ending is by and large impossible. Good for me, good for you, like Eskimo neko too.

You telling me Hino intends to break that manga genre?!
Feb 27, 2013 1:57 PM
Jan 2011
I could totally see them making it so that Yuuki is pregnant. But could I see Zero fathering it? Heck no. That's like asking Snape to father Harry (it wouldn't have happened). If Yuuki ends up pregnant, she and Zero will NOT be together in the end. He may watch out for Yuuki as she raises her child alone from a distance, but they will not be together. I just can't see that happening. Oh, and Kaname will surely be dead.

The sudden truth to Kaname's intentions certainly did change his characters whole look. I still think the series is being rather melodramatic all around. Almost nothing is happening. They're fighting to prevent an issue that isn't even a serious issue in the world (yet). You can feel this sense of urgency even though there is no rush. While this is going on, they need level Es or something raiding the cities, killing people, reeking havoc, SOMETHING. There's nothing wrong with some violence and blood. Otherwise, this just seems rather melodramatic.
Feb 27, 2013 2:24 PM
Mar 2011
yunaleia said:

Quoting myself again here, compliments of Raven_Shinobi in that in almost all shoujo related mangas, if the heroine has a harem of bishies to chose from, the one that she sleeps with first will end up being the end pairing. Now unless Hino intends to prove that what we saw in chapter 89 was simply a night of hugging (rofl - no) then a Zeki ending is by and large impossible. Good for me, good for you, like Eskimo neko too.

I don't get what you're trying to prove with this, it has nothing to do with whether a Zeki ending is possible or that the one the heroine sleeps with first is the end pairing those ideas have to be separated from the characters themselves as the characters have their own agendas and wishes that are not influenced by tropes and genres.

Kaname WANTS Yuuki to be with Zero because he plans on dying. He doesn't want to leave Yuuki alone with no one to protect her. It has nothing to do with the end pair it's just the characters own desires. Even if Hino has a KanaYuu ending planned it doesn't change the fact that Kaname is trying to force Zero and Yuuki together. It kind of reminds me of what Inaban was doing with Taichi and Nagase in Kokoro Connect.

Feb 27, 2013 3:22 PM
Jan 2013
It has everything to do with it ... you keep slipping sideways from what I am trying to say and stick your own spin on it ... it's impossible to even attempt to make conversation when you do this. Almost every post you reply with is in the same vain.

Kaname wants Yuuki to be with Zero, but has the gaul to bed her ... what sort of twisted logic is that? Good bye sex? Biyatch please ... that's like backwashing a good champange and passing it to your rival in business (or love) ... Sloppy seconds? No thanks ... I'd rather save myself for someone who loves me without the need to bed someone else (more to the point your worst enemy) to prove that point ...
Feb 27, 2013 4:28 PM
Mar 2011
yunaleia said:
It has everything to do with it ... you keep slipping sideways from what I am trying to say and stick your own spin on it ... it's impossible to even attempt to make conversation when you do this. Almost every post you reply with is in the same vain.

Kaname wants Yuuki to be with Zero, but has the gaul to bed her ... what sort of twisted logic is that? Good bye sex? Biyatch please ... that's like backwashing a good champange and passing it to your rival in business (or love) ... Sloppy seconds? No thanks ... I'd rather save myself for someone who loves me without the need to bed someone else (more to the point your worst enemy) to prove that point ...

Your the one that keeps slipping sideways from what I'm trying to say Here's my quote:

Narutowolf77 said:
Kaname IS trying to make Zero remember Yuuki so that he can leave Yuuki to him when he dies there is no other word for it but saving.

Here's your's:

yunaleia said:

I was talking about a character and you randomly brought up genre, the author, and the trope that the first guy the heroine sleeps with will be the end game pair. If you're trying to bring up that Kaname bedded her then just say that instead of using misleading statements like the ones you did. I actually find it physically painful to debate with you because you don't make clear what you want to say, you try to make one point and then stray to a completely unrelated one, sometimes the point you try to make isn't even related to what I have said, and you keep reiterating arguments that I have already countered with cold hard facts.

If you don't think that Kaname wants Yuuki to be with Zero then how do you refute these quotes:

"Before you stole Kiryuu's memories...I should have used my life to make you human..." - Chapter 89 Page 34, Kaname to Yuuki

"And I should have entrusted you to Kiryuu sooner..." - Chapter 89 Page 35, Kaname to Yuuki

"If you don't know where your heart belongs I'll show you, Yuuki." - Chapter 89 Page 40, Kaname to Yuuki

"STOP DRAGGING HIM INTO OUR PROBLEMS! To think you're doing such a thing to... it's fine already ...there's no way we can return to how it was." - Chapter 90 Page 26, Yuuki to Kaname

And using the example of Kaname having sex isn't good enough to refute these either as Kaname did it partially, as stated above, to show her "where her heart belongs" and judging by what he said earlier in the chapter "You don't smile from the heart" when Yuuki asked why he left, it's logical to assume he thinks she loves Zero. Thus it's also logical to assume that he was trying to show her she loved Zero.

yunaleia said:

As far as Kaname's concerned, he doesn't give a shit about Zero (well not really, he might care a little as he's not COMPLETELY heartless), all he cares about is Yuuki whom he wants to be happy and he thinks Yuuki will be happy if she's with Zero. Kaname doesn't need to like Zero or have Zero's best interests in mind to want them to be together. There are (or were prior to 89) many Zeki fans who liked Zeki only because they wanted Zero to be happy but they didn't like Yuuki at all, in Kaname's case that's flipped he wants Zero and Yuuki to be together even though he doesn't like Zero because he wants Yuuki to be happy.

Kaname still loves Yuuki even though he wants her to be with Zero, he loves her so much that he was planning to give his life to make her human.In fact I believe PART of the reason they had sex was because he loves her, PART of it was to say good bye because he plans on throwing his heart into the furnace, and PART of it was to show Yuuki she loves Zero.

There I just untwisted the "twisted logic" for you.
Feb 27, 2013 5:46 PM
Jan 2013

Show her where her heart belongs?! I officially give up trying .... I know this is a manga of fantasy, but where in your logic does the profile of a man bedding a woman to show said woman how much she cares for another man fall under? Maybe this is one of those female topics that only females understand ... I dunno ... but in my sense of logic that scenario is FUBAR. You "untwisted" nothing as far as my interpretation goes ... that's just beyond any comprehension in fantasy or reality ...

You love him don't you?
Maybe ... I'm not sure
Okay lets have sex so you can be sure
Alright

Ehhhhhhhhh?!?!?!
Feb 27, 2013 6:07 PM
Mar 2011
yunaleia said:

Show her where her heart belongs?! I officially give up trying .... I know this is a manga of fantasy, but where in your logic does the profile of a man bedding a woman to show said woman how much she cares for another man fall under? Maybe this is one of those female topics that only females understand ... I dunno ... but in my sense of logic that scenario is FUBAR. You "untwisted" nothing as far as my interpretation goes ... that's just beyond any comprehension in fantasy or reality ...

You love him don't you?
Maybe ... I'm not sure
Alright

Ehhhhhhhhh?!?!?!

Actually yeah it works and it's been done before, usually the woman will have sex with the guy and then afterwards she realizes she doesn't love him because she didn't really feel any emotion (other than the usual you know pleasure one) it's generally used more often when it comes to kissing a guy will kiss a girl and she'll realize that she doesn't love him because she didn't feel anything in the kiss but I think in Kaname's case just kissing her wouldn't work since they have kissed before and it didn't cause her to realize that she loves Zero or that she doesn't love him. One example of this that I can think of off the top of my head comes from the manga Stepping on Roses when Nozomu takes Sumi to an inn and attempts to make love with her she realizes that she is only attracted to him, she doesn't love him.
Feb 28, 2013 2:39 AM
Jan 2013
Hmm, not read that, guess I'll have to read that before I can understand (or possibly not) the line of reasoning you are using, however, even without reading it first I doubt my stance will change much. I simply cannot fathom why using sex, something some intimate between two willing parties, could be used as a "litmus test" for loving someone else ...
Feb 28, 2013 6:04 AM
Feb 2013
@Naruto: "As far as Kaname's concerned, he doesn't give a shit about Zero" - Right, Kaname confirmed to be a scumbag that uses people like pawns. Most people knew this though.

@Yuna As funny as it is to see Naruto try and explain the action... Most people would agree with you that sleeping with someone to show them that they love someone else makes little sense and is entirely reprehensible.

It is actually super sleazy and a mockery to love in the first place. All it really proves is that the individuals involved are indecisive, incapable of sound judgement, and are quite less appealing than your average mentally functional individual. This shit is just a plot element for NTR/close calls type drama. Not common or realistic at all (That isn't to say that dumb fucks like these characters don't exist). It basically reminds me that fools need to make mistakes to get it right.
Feb 28, 2013 10:44 AM
Jan 2013
Finished Stepping on Roses ... Wow ... makes this love triangle look pale by comparison, but then again it was labelled as psychological (mangafox).

The part you quoted was at the beginning ... so Sumi had romanticised about Nozomu originally, however she is now beginning to see the *real* Nozomu, this probably takes the edge away from love(crush) down to just an attraction. Sho on the other hand went the other way, Sumi married him for money (feels almost like Hapi Mari) then started to feel attracted to him, and just as Nozomu abducts her on the beach she starts to realise those feelings probably go a little deeper.

Not sure you can really compare this to VK in that regard, theres far too much going on in Roses for my liking to make decent comparisons.
Feb 28, 2013 1:42 PM
Feb 2013
yunaleia said:

You love him don't you?
Maybe ... I'm not sure
Alright

Ehhhhhhhhh?!?!?!

LOLZ Hell yeah, your logic is flawless XD
Feb 28, 2013 3:33 PM

Jun 2008
yunaleia said:
Randomxxxx said:
I am hoping Kaname dies to save Zero or something in a way to atone for destroying his life.

No no no! This cannot happen. Why? Because it will be another joker card from the Kaname fanbase to *prove* that he is being a selfless anti-hero. This in turn will add a demeaning factor to Zeros character as he would then have a debt to Kaname (a debt to a pureblood vampire more precisely).

He owes Kaname nothing at present. The whole idea of him attempting to *save the Zeki ship* is an idolisation of two characters, both Yuuki and Kaname, being *helpful* towards Zero.

My ideal ending is actually leaning towards Zero dying (here me out first) by saving Kaname before he throws himself in the furnace. Yuuki then ends up losing both of her male interests, Kaname finally gets his wish and Zero can pass away in the knowledge that a pureblood vampire owed him a debt that he now cannot repay and Yuuki would know of it. The end result is that Zero can be at peace in death, Kaname can die and be forgotten about and Yuuki can cry in despair because she has no man to coddle her ... HA! ...

WUT? NO. So after all the years of intense pain that Zero has been through, besides having the misfortune of being in love with the crappiest heroine ever, he would die at end?
Fuck no. That boy cannot die without feeling true happiness at least once in his life. Id rather see him go gay with Kaito.

Edefrem said:
I'll murder someone, kick a puppy and scream at a baby if Zeki happens.

Ill flip all tables around me and stab a voodoo doll with Hino´s face XP *kidding*
But you know Im just so sick and tired of Hino´s bad writing. She used to make cool stories like Merupuri...long, long time ago...

And guys dont turn all your hate to Kaname. EVERYTHING IS YUUKI´S FAULT. EVERYTHING. It was her indecisiveness who did this shit.
But for god´s sake, Kaname should just stop manipulating Zero already. If he wants someone to protect Yuuki, ask her adoptive dad, dont bring Zero again in to the mess. He used him to protect Yuuki in her childhood. Then discarded Zero and left with Yuuki (he even wanted to kill Zero for him pointing the gun at her), then he suddenly remembers of a random ancestress and decides to die for humanity (for the sake of the humans?!!! I think he forgot to apply that rule in the DAY HE RELEASED SHIZUKA KNOWING THAT SHE WOULD GO TO KILL AN ENTIRE HUMAN FAMILY.
And now he decides to die for "humanity"?!!! *hey Zero I need you again after all, come back!*
Now that he is going to die he is making it seem like it is Zero´s duty and obligation to have Yuuki as a wife. That´s low.
Its like Kaname saying *Here take her! It has to be YOU. REMEMBER HER. STAY WITH HER, LIVE FOR HER, BECAUSE YES. BECAUSE SHE NEEDS YOU AND I DONT FUCKING CARE ABOUT YOUR FEELINGS JUST HERS*

kapwned said:
If Yuuki ends up pregnant, she and Zero will NOT be together in the end.

*looks at the plot holes*
Its VK, everything can happen.
But I do think Kaname used a condom. He is the responsible type and the sex was planned.

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Mar 1, 2013 6:01 AM

Nov 2008
Ah this manga's ending going to be a sh*t. If Kaname dies(die die die die) then probably Yuuki is going to born his child and be with Zero, and that is going to be wtf. If Kaname is going to be alive then poor Zero life was made miserable for nothing, good job-.-
I really hate this manga-.-
Mar 1, 2013 11:42 AM
Jan 2013
Well I'm glad that I am not in a minority of people who believe that how Yuuki has handled this whole situation is ... weird? confusing? dumb? I can't really think of a proper adjective to describe how I feel ...

Orulyon said:
WUT? NO. So after all the years of intense pain that Zero has been through, besides having the misfortune of being in love with the crappiest heroine ever, he would die at end?
Fuck no. That boy cannot die without feeling true happiness at least once in his life. Id rather see him go gay with Kaito.

I can understand the wanting of Zero being happy, truly, however in death he needn't worry over such trivial things ... apart from a well placed bullet between Kanames eye brows ... (wishful thinking). The way in which Zeros character has been mentally and physically abused is detestful. How one cannot feel any form of sympathy for him is unbecoming of anyone calling themselves human ... Family? Dead. No friends. His one and only love? Betrayed him for the man who is responsible for the former ... It's like Shakespeare suffering from dysphoria!

As a man I'm afraid I can't agree with the whole yaoi ending, but I guess I'm open to suggestions of anything that is not Zeki XD
Mar 1, 2013 12:32 PM

Mar 2009
windeen-windy said:
Quoted material under spoiler tag to save room.

I suggested a similar situation in the thread for the last chap. In my case I've run into it in novels, and my mom's soap-operas that she watched when I was growing up.
Haven't seen any manga with it yet but I believe it's the situation here, and while I agree, it's a seriously F'ed up way for them to handle it. And I personal am not thrilled with it. I have run into it often enough for it to be a serious consideration.

I love Zero, Cross, Aidou and yup, Yuuki still. She has screwed up royally. And been incredibly stupid at times.
But she's also suppose to be a 17 year old girl, who has been through a lot, had to deal with having her memories and powers locked away, in a traumatic way, brought back suddenly, also, she's been threatened and so on.

So, considering her age, the situations she's been in and all of the people who kept and possibly are still keeping things from her.
I think her reactions, confusion and stupidity have been reasonable if the author was trying to flesh her out to be a realistic character. But that's my opinion.

I also think Zero has made mistakes that also can at times be attributed to the same things, his past, the traumatic events in it, his age and so on.
Mar 1, 2013 1:53 PM
Jan 2013
I suppose if the idea was to flesh out Yuukis character using those criteria, Hino should have done it sooner in honesty. It feels like within 4-5 episodes Yuuki has from *meh okay* status to *wtf woman!*.

If Yuuki had played out to be a confused teenager from the moment she was "vamped" then that would have made sense up to now. Instead what we have is a woman who has shown characteristics from like 4-5 different personas mixed into one. Confused, then direct, then insecure, then forceful and then and then and then, ad infinitum.

One thing about School Days however (uber shudder!!!) is that it was ear marked as a tradegy from the start, so something bad was going to happen eventually. This manga has never had that vibe thus far ... but that could change ...
Mar 1, 2013 7:13 PM

Mar 2009
yunaleia said:
I suppose if the idea was to flesh out Yuukis character using those criteria, Hino should have done it sooner in honesty. It feels like within 4-5 episodes Yuuki has from *meh okay* status to *wtf woman!*.

If Yuuki had played out to be a confused teenager from the moment she was "vamped" then that would have made sense up to now. Instead what we have is a woman who has shown characteristics from like 4-5 different personas mixed into one. Confused, then direct, then insecure, then forceful and then and then and then, ad infinitum.

One thing about School Days however (uber shudder!!!) is that it was ear marked as a tradegy from the start, so something bad was going to happen eventually. This manga has never had that vibe thus far ... but that could change ...

Well, in all honesty- thats always been the feel I got from Yuuki- since she was turned. The fact that she was so many things at once (Or rather transferring from one to another with almost no break between them) I agree that Hino did a horrible job of it if that's what she was aiming for.
Personally- I can say that I likely would have handled it differently. But anyway it's always been the feeling of her intentions I've gotten.
I've never actually seen School Days in all honesty- and have no intention to see it (It's a bit funny you mentioned it, I had been planning to mention it as a outcome like some that happened in my mom's daytime soaps in regards to the plot twist of a character sleeping with one or more people to see who they really cared for)- Thankfully Orulyon warned me about School days some years ago when she realized I couldn't take that kind of disturbing violence >_<;

But that's neither here nor there honestly, sorry about getting off track. I do agree that she hasn't been portrayed well. I can't say if that was Hino's intention or not- but her situation was a train wreck waiting to happen from the first bite from Kaname. If you look at it another way though, he could have told her everything without even turning her.

He could have explained everything. She seemed the kind of character that would believe his story if he had sat down and explained everything first.
The way I look at it she's a poorly portrayed confused teenager, who had her say in the matter of #1 becoming human and #2 becoming a vampire taken away in both cases.
He also would have had Cross to back his story up in that situation as well.
But from my point of view- he hasn't really done anything with the outright intention to harm Zero- everything she's done has been because of her confusion and the situations she was thrust in.

I agree, she's been stupid at times. And she has been poorly portrayed if the intention was to flesh her out in the manner I suggested.
But from what I can tell her intention was never to hurt Zero. But that's my opinion. It doesn't make her actions any less stupid though. My main problem is with Hino's inability to handle the situations better than she has.
I've seen some other mangas from her, and they were also disappointments because she seemed to not flesh out her female characters in the manner they needed and at the time it was needed.
I think it's something she seriously needs to work on as an author.
Mar 2, 2013 2:22 PM
Jan 2013
windeen-windy said:
But anyway it's always been the feeling of her intentions I've gotten.
I've never actually seen School Days in all honesty- and have no intention to see it (It's a bit funny you mentioned it, I had been planning to mention it as a outcome like some that happened in my mom's daytime soaps in regards to the plot twist of a character sleeping with one or more people to see who they really cared for)- Thankfully Orulyon warned me about School days some years ago when she realized I couldn't take that kind of disturbing violence >_<;

Good call, dont. And the violence part is ... psychotic, I'll leave it at that. I have read the manga and watched the anime and in both it has left even me in a state of bewilderment (crazy author *shudders again*).

Yuukis character is like a colander. It has shape and form, but has far too many holes to be able to hold a decent role. Hino keeps piling in all these late character defining attributes about Yuuki, except they wash away through the empty spaces she has left in the plot of the story and in the way in which Yuuki has been developed.

Picking up on your comment about the "vamped" part of the story. I personally believe that if Yuuki had been given the choice to go human or vampire by having her history fully revealed, this would have lessened the dramatic impact of her decisions in the latter chapters. If she had chosen to go vampire with Kaname, you could have written Zeki off immediately. I doubt Zeros character would allow a previous vampire, now vampire, to be his first love if she willingly chose to become something he hates passionately to his marrow. Her mind rape of Zero for instance, again, if she had chosen to go vampire and then conducted the assault, as a reader you knew that she would be capable of this. However as it stands, the mind rape saga seems like a plot device for another drama later ahead due to Yuukis consistency to be confused.

I'm still awaiting for the almighty bang when Zero actually admits to what he thinks about Yuuki. What will she do when he finally just confesses that he loves her ... Will she go all "But ... I ..." again or indeed will these be the words she has been waiting for? ... In almost either case there will be joy and sorrow, laughter and crying in the fandom world. I just wonder if this could have been made easier if the confusion was laid completely to rest 40 chapters ago.
Mar 3, 2013 12:19 AM

Mar 2009
yunaleia said:

I'm still awaiting for the almighty bang when Zero actually admits to what he thinks about Yuuki. What will she do when he finally just confesses that he loves her ... Will she go all "But ... I ..." again or indeed will these be the words she has been waiting for? ... In almost either case there will be joy and sorrow, laughter and crying in the fandom world. I just wonder if this could have been made easier if the confusion was laid completely to rest 40 chapters ago.

Again, I agree- if things were laid out in a better way 40 chapters ago it could have been much better. At the moment, I currently feel like I'm watching a train wreck.
I know it's bad, but the curiosity and shock (at the unbelievably stupid actions piling one on top of another) at the things happening and that WILL happen, makes me unable to stop.
As it is, the only character I really dislike at this time (Main chara that is) is Kaname. I didn't care one way or the other about him until this chapter. There was not much reason for him to carry her around like a trophy, even if Zero didn't remember.
It was still mean and vindictive to him and to her to do that.
Mar 3, 2013 4:36 PM
Jan 2013
windeen-windy said:
There was not much reason for him to carry her around like a trophy, even if Zero didn't remember.

Apparently that is something the major reader base in east enjoys ... Otherwise why would they like Kaname so much? Mass speculation on my part here but with some particular posters on this forum that I have witnessed, this seems to be true ... apparently.

In other news, I've just finished reading KNIM 219 and holy hell! Completely different authors but again this scenario of the female lead thinking that sex is the ultimate test of ones love for another?! This increases my confusion levels exponentially, women cry for equality but in mangas this is what they are reduced to doing ... No attempted sexism here, merely pointing out a very awkward state of affairs.
Mar 3, 2013 10:16 PM

Mar 2009
yunaleia said:
windeen-windy said:
There was not much reason for him to carry her around like a trophy, even if Zero didn't remember.

Apparently that is something the major reader base in east enjoys ... Otherwise why would they like Kaname so much? Mass speculation on my part here but with some particular posters on this forum that I have witnessed, this seems to be true ... apparently.

In other news, I've just finished reading KNIM 219 and holy hell! Completely different authors but again this scenario of the female lead thinking that sex is the ultimate test of ones love for another?! This increases my confusion levels exponentially, women cry for equality but in mangas this is what they are reduced to doing ... No attempted sexism here, merely pointing out a very awkward state of affairs.

lol, well, I've been seeing it as a plot twist for years, so it's nothing new to me, though I didn't know it was in manga till VK. But, even though I know about it..... I find it a disturbing way for an author to do things.
And I find it extremely demeaning towards female characters.
It's insinuating that women are too stupid to know what they want. So have them do something drastic to force them to choose.
As a plot twist- I understand it somewhat.
I find it disturbing and demeaning.... but I suppose there are those who don't.
Mar 4, 2013 5:01 AM
Jan 2013
I'm a compulsive forum browser, but I tend to not say anything unless it gets to me in a really positive or negative way. Some topics I find quite bland so I don't bother, VK was this way until 89 then I had A LOT to say.

Although I always prefered Zeki over Yume, I always told myself that in the end it would be Yuuki who makes the decision based on whatever transpired through Hinos depiction of events. Everything is cool, then at 86 the Zeki swing got going (again) by 88 page before last you were really left with "It's gonna happen" and then Kaname (insert troll face + trollololol music) stops the festivities. Okay, I'm cool with this because in some ways the men will always fight and the woman will be indecisive. I understand she has hurt Zero in multiple ways and I dislike her for it, but thats plot and portrayal, I get on with it.

Then 89 ... I think it was said that VK could have started at 88. Forget the other 87 chapters of story. Yuuki beds Kaname under the pretense of what? Do I love Kaname or Zero more? I obviously need to do something to confirm one way or the other ... Ehh?! Grow a spine woman! Confusion or insecurity aside, this is a primal desire, sex, with which one is connected to the other (lets leave out the whole blood/blood of vampires) where both understand each other. Yuuki doesn't understand jack. Let alone this desire.

I push blame towards Kaname insinuating in a manner that lead to Yuuki making a decision based on actions she has yet to fully understand. I'm forcefully making myself think that 89 was just a troll chapter, not just because of the sex scene, but because of HOW it came to pass. The fact it happened is unmitigatable. The facts of how it happened are not even subject to scrutiny or misinterpretation. To me, it is just downright dumb. I want to say it feels like a scene out of an NTR hentai but I'm sure I'll get blown to bits for even considering it ... you know what stuff it ... here we go.

In the worst form of NTR, the female is pushed into a situation she doesn't want because of circumstances that she feels she is unable to fight. Any woman with a backbone could easily get out of these however the NTR genre leads us to believe the female is incapable of doing so. Oppressed and subjugated she cannot escape.

Lets put this into VK and Yuuki. Her oppression begins when she is turned back into a vampire. She now has the responsibilities of a pureblood and is now the fiancé of Kaname. The feelings that grow from this, under the genre of an NTR are progressive, very similar to how she falls for Kaname from my POV. Her subjugation is brought about when she is forced into situations she cannot control. Presiding over the nightclass because of Kaname, before 89 she was hellbent on killing him/and or turning him human, having to remove herself from Zeros memory because when she dies for Kaname his thirst will only grow and be unsatiated. The theme going on here? It all points back to the originator, Kaname. Now NTR is about stealing the female from an already exsisiting relationship. Plutonic or not, Kanames words are "the feelings he has for you, weren't part of my plan" so a relationship did exsist between Yuuki and Zero, any fandom could see this, I'm not talking about love or any level there of, it still exsisted as a relationship.

So that is my take on it, deep as it is and as far out of the ordinary it is also, the layout of the characters and the way in which the story has unfolded, leads me almost too clearly down this road.
Mar 4, 2013 3:06 PM

Mar 2009
yunaleia said:
I'm a compulsive forum browser, but I tend to not say anything unless it gets to me in a really positive or negative way. Some topics I find quite bland so I don't bother, VK was this way until 89 then I had A LOT to say.

Although I always prefered Zeki over Yume, I always told myself that in the end it would be Yuuki who makes the decision based on whatever transpired through Hinos depiction of events. Everything is cool, then at 86 the Zeki swing got going (again) by 88 page before last you were really left with "It's gonna happen" and then Kaname (insert troll face + trollololol music) stops the festivities. Okay, I'm cool with this because in some ways the men will always fight and the woman will be indecisive. I understand she has hurt Zero in multiple ways and I dislike her for it, but thats plot and portrayal, I get on with it.

Then 89 ... I think it was said that VK could have started at 88. Forget the other 87 chapters of story. Yuuki beds Kaname under the pretense of what? Do I love Kaname or Zero more? I obviously need to do something to confirm one way or the other ... Ehh?! Grow a spine woman! Confusion or insecurity aside, this is a primal desire, sex, with which one is connected to the other (lets leave out the whole blood/blood of vampires) where both understand each other. Yuuki doesn't understand jack. Let alone this desire.

I push blame towards Kaname insinuating in a manner that lead to Yuuki making a decision based on actions she has yet to fully understand. I'm forcefully making myself think that 89 was just a troll chapter, not just because of the sex scene, but because of HOW it came to pass. The fact it happened is unmitigatable. The facts of how it happened are not even subject to scrutiny or misinterpretation. To me, it is just downright dumb. I want to say it feels like a scene out of an NTR hentai but I'm sure I'll get blown to bits for even considering it ... you know what stuff it ... here we go.

In the worst form of NTR, the female is pushed into a situation she doesn't want because of circumstances that she feels she is unable to fight. Any woman with a backbone could easily get out of these however the NTR genre leads us to believe the female is incapable of doing so. Oppressed and subjugated she cannot escape.

Lets put this into VK and Yuuki. Her oppression begins when she is turned back into a vampire. She now has the responsibilities of a pureblood and is now the fiancé of Kaname. The feelings that grow from this, under the genre of an NTR are progressive, very similar to how she falls for Kaname from my POV. Her subjugation is brought about when she is forced into situations she cannot control. Presiding over the nightclass because of Kaname, before 89 she was hellbent on killing him/and or turning him human, having to remove herself from Zeros memory because when she dies for Kaname his thirst will only grow and be unsatiated. The theme going on here? It all points back to the originator, Kaname. Now NTR is about stealing the female from an already exsisiting relationship. Plutonic or not, Kanames words are "the feelings he has for you, weren't part of my plan" so a relationship did exsist between Yuuki and Zero, any fandom could see this, I'm not talking about love or any level there of, it still exsisted as a relationship.

So that is my take on it, deep as it is and as far out of the ordinary it is also, the layout of the characters and the way in which the story has unfolded, leads me almost too clearly down this road.

I agree with you, believe it or not lol. Completely. So, I'm at least one person who won't be mad/annoyed with you for saying it.
I started out liking Zero. Kaname I didn't care about either way, but then I started liking him as much as Zero.... however, after he turned her, and started acting more openly and we started seeing more of his personality and his mind games, My like of him quickly diminished. Then when he "Killed" Aidou's father I was done with him (I still don't understand what the reason for that
charade was fully. other than to get people to hate him. If so wonderfully done in my case).

I liked Zero a bit less when Yuuki managed to convince him that she had killed the original yuuki.... I think that shouldn't have been believed so easily. But that's neither here nor there, I figured that had to do with his emotions being screwed with, and to a point it was understandable.
Mar 4, 2013 4:26 PM
Jan 2013
windeen-windy said:
I agree with you, believe it or not lol. Completely. So, I'm at least one person who won't be mad/annoyed with you for saying it.
I started out liking Zero. Kaname I didn't care about either way, but then I started liking him as much as Zero.... however, after he turned her, and started acting more openly and we started seeing more of his personality and his mind games, My like of him quickly diminished. Then when he "Killed" Aidou's father I was done with him (I still don't understand what the reason for that
charade was fully. other than to get people to hate him. If so wonderfully done in my case).

I liked Zero a bit less when Yuuki managed to convince him that she had killed the original yuuki.... I think that shouldn't have been believed so easily. But that's neither here nor there, I figured that had to do with his emotions being screwed with, and to a point it was understandable.

Was afraid I might have gone off on a tangent few would look down, but if you understand NTR, and how it works, the way in which Yuuki has been transformed is startling similar if you consider the scenarios I played out above.

The problem with NTR girls is that they rarely ever go back once consumed. In that regard I am predicting an early death for Zeki (sorry fans).

Kaname is a Leloch wanabe. But Ichiros version is much, much better. An anti-hero that really did delve through the 9 rings of hell to *protect* what he thought was important. Kaname can barely hold a candle to this plight.

I might start writing a port folio about Kaname and his wrongs just to point out the flaws of Yuuki. Who'd have thought, using the character I dislike most, to make the another character I currently detest look worse ... glorious ...
Mar 6, 2013 1:41 AM
Jan 2013
Something I just remembered whilst rereading the chapters before the time skip.

Hypothetical situation. Kaname does indeed love Yuuki, duh, however there is a particular fact about this which could cause issues. His love for Yuuki goes beyond affection and attraction. It is dangerous. Even before he forced Yuukis awakening you were shown scenes whereby Kaname was forced to not feast on her, it indeed hurt him quite severely.

Now for the important part. Kurans are supposedly the "kings/queens" of the vampire race with a blood lineage unsurpassed by any other. Note that Kanames visit to the council ended with 8+ lord level vampires strangling themselves (though this could be in part due to his power up from Shizuka). During one specific panel, I believe it was after the "dogs of the council" had come to execute Zero, Kaname blew a hole cleanly through a wall. Lack of control of power? He knew that absorbing the blood of another pureblood would increase his strength yet he wasn't able to control it properly.

Why mention all of this? Yuuki is infatuated by Kaname in the earliest chapters, this is undeniable, however, what would stop Kaname, consciencely or even subconscencely make Yuuki love him slightly more than usual? He doesn't need to bite her to make her a slave and up until her awakening she was just a human. There is almost nothing stopping him from doing this and even post awakening, Yuuki is nowhere near the level of Kaname to notice if this is indeed happening to her or not.

Totally hypothetical just to reitterate.
Mar 7, 2013 7:43 AM

Jan 2013
Barbara-chan said:
Ah this manga's ending going to be a sh*t. If Kaname dies(die die die die) then probably Yuuki is going to born his child and be with Zero, and that is going to be wtf. If Kaname is going to be alive then poor Zero life was made miserable for nothing, good job-.-
I really hate this manga-.-

If Hino wants to beg for 1 ratings, that is the way to do it!! LOL

Mar 14, 2013 3:37 PM

Nov 2009
OMG anyone else agree that yuuki should just die? (no wait i know you do)

its the only saving grace any of us can get at this point. JUST DIE FOR KANAME IT'S WHAT YOU WANT! poor fucking zero. ugh. someone give that boy a hug. or some powerful hallucinogenics so he can just forget who the fuck he is and all of the butthurt whores that comprise the rest of the characters in this manga.

i am STILL mindblown by the whole fucking sex scene and yuuki's (and the plot's) 180 (again). seriously. what the fuck was going on in this chapter. what is kaname even thinking? clearly his mind has turned into complete dog shit after the millions of years he's been alive. how about yuuki dies to make him human and then he jumps in the furnace anyway because hes completely touched in the head? sounds good to me. zero can go back to his little horse in the stable and live happily ever after. everyone else can jump off a cliff.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 17, 2013 12:36 AM
Mar 2013
to all of u.i think this manga is strictly for girls reading.so i read some chapters of this 4 years ago.to be horrible story it was.liked the girl yukki n zero.hated that kaname from the start anyways i didn't go on to read much so after 2 years i find that this is still as famous as hell n the readers seems to get more n more.so i checked out the last 2 chapters (89 n 90) n my god this is 1 truly messed up thing as i have read in the discussion she seems to be a vampire too lol.n having sex with the brother.whooo now this is what we call manga.so i though after 2 years "hey they might have make it good lets check it out"so after reading 89 n 90 still hate this.seems she erased that zero memory.n who is the 1 behind zero.maaaan every1 looks the same in this n i dont know how to differ them unless they r called by their name.anyways please do tell me who the beautiful milady in chapter 89 was.now i would love to have the ending with kaname dead n the other 2 together.

btw i just signed up to MAL hope i get to have some fun here.:)
Mar 17, 2013 12:56 AM
Mar 2013
ok so my apologies every1.after posting i read the other comments n my point of view sucks.from wat u guys r saying yuuki n zero wont be getting together ever again.man no wonder i hated this manga after some 10 chapters.seems to me like this is coming to 1 of the worst possible endings in manga history.(since the autor mentioned that the ending is near)
Mar 20, 2013 4:52 PM
Mar 2013
yukki is getting more and more idiot every chapter. i wish she dies and take her beloved lover kaname with her. And leave zero for us . i really loved zuki even after yukki's selfish actions just because of zero's love for her.but in the last chapters i feel like i dont have any tolarence for yukki anymore.seriosly zero/zuki fans will you be satisfied if zero and yukki ends up together after everything happened in last 3 chapters? i really hope that someone blow up yukki's head at the end (if zero do that i will be double satisfied) and kaname decides that he cant leave without yukki so he commit suicide .and our beloved zero lives happily ever after with a girl who desirves his love ( i am okey with anyone but yukki even maria is okey )
Mar 23, 2013 10:13 AM

Jul 2011
I'm tired of that awful melodrama.
講廢話,被撞到.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 68 Discussion

tsubasalover - Jan 22, 2011

26 by Ayano-Kinoshita »»
Apr 17, 1:26 PM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 66 Discussion

tsubasalover - Oct 23, 2010

16 by Ayano-Kinoshita »»
Apr 16, 12:19 PM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 93 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Lalalandzz - May 22, 2013

271 by weaboo_lord »»
Feb 4, 8:37 PM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 1 Discussion

VARIAchan - Nov 4, 2009

7 by miaeiner »»
Oct 17, 2023 5:14 PM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 58 Discussion

tsubasalover - Feb 19, 2010

30 by LaurenStark »»
Apr 22, 2023 7:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.