Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Feb 23, 2013 10:50 AM

Aug 2012
virtuedarkness said:

But Ria kill the whole Giant Hornets without having any feedback. If he can kill his own race then maybe he's really a fiend? or maybe he didn't get any feedback because he from robberfly? or maybe the karma demon are the one responsible for Giant hornet annihilation? Im so confuse @.@

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If its turn out the one who clean giant hornet is the karma demon not Ria(mariaxmomoru child) does that mean Kiroumaru are the only hope to kill Ria? since Ria gonna have death feedback if he try to kill Kiroumaru.

That isn't how death feedback works. It's socially constructed and conditioned into every kid born INTO THE SOCIETY. Mamoria has had no conditioning, he has grown up as a savage without the constructs of the modern society. This is what makes him so dangerous.
Feb 23, 2013 10:53 AM

Jan 2013
Orsonius said:
I watched the first episode just for fun right before that.
It made this episode just that much better.

Me too. I really want to a prequel that takes place during the first fiends time now.
Feb 23, 2013 10:56 AM

Nov 2011
RediceRyan said:
Orsonius said:
I watched the first episode just for fun right before that.
It made this episode just that much better.

Me too. I really want to a prequel that takes place during the first fiends time now.

One taking place at the fall of the Slave Empires is better IMO
The Art of Eight
Feb 23, 2013 11:11 AM
Sep 2011
virtuedarkness said:
ToriFuda said:
katsucats said:
AnimageNeby said:
As I predicted, following logical reasoning, back in the 19-20 episode thread: it was clearly the kid of Maria and Mamouru. And thus all the rest was probably spot on too; the fact that squeeler deceived Saki and Saturo when they looked for them, probably sweet talking Maria and Mamouru into staying under their 'protection' and NOT telling them they could return without any problems at that moment, and then, even worse, waiting and abiding his time, until they got a baby and then ruthlessly kill off Maria and Mamouru, so that he could raise their child as a weapon against the other humans.
Actually, I didn't understand this on 2 accounts:
  1. Yakomaru had produced a bone of Maria, DNA-proven, in the week after she disappeared. This is clearly not enough time for her to get pregnant. The timeline didn't make sense.
  2. Is the death-feedback genetic, or installed after birth? If it's genetic, then Maria and Mamoru's offspring should have it even if it was not raised human.
  3. I said 2, but here's another one: What gives Yakumoru the confidence to be able to control every fiend? Even if they are raised by the queerat colonies, fiends are unstable by nature and unable to control their Cantuses.

1. Yeah this one's a mystery to me too.
  2. Saki mentioned in the next-ep preview in one of the previous episodes that "it was raised among them, taught to think [he] was one of them" or something to this effect. Basically, it probably thought it was BNZ and would only feel death feedback killing BNZ. Also we saw Ria spoke in the BNZ language.
  3. That's a really good point actually. I don't think Ria is actually a fiend, they just raised it. But if one of those turns into a fiend or a karmic demon than I'll bet the entire BNZ civilization will just implode. But the slave empires in Asia lasted for a really long time so who knows? They mentioned that one of the Holy Sakura Empire's leaders would randomly kill people in lashes so maybe it was implied that the leader himself was sort of a Fiend?

But Ria kill the whole Giant Hornets without having any feedback. If he can kill his own race then maybe he's really a fiend? or maybe he didn't get any feedback because he from robberfly? or maybe the karma demon are the one responsible for Giant hornet annihilation? Im so confuse @.@

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If its turn out the one who clean giant hornet is the karma demon not Ria(mariaxmomoru child) does that mean Kiroumaru are the only hope to kill Ria? since Ria gonna have death feedback if he try to kill Kiroumaru.

LOL!

It's name isn't Ria and it's a boy.
Feb 23, 2013 11:27 AM

May 2012
anyone else notice the false minoshiro at the end there?
Feb 23, 2013 11:46 AM

Jul 2011
Gosh, this episode was so good. I kinda saw the Maria/Mamoru child coming but Yakomaru's plan just gets deeper and more twisted by the episode. I think we're in for some answers next episode due to the false minoshiro in the preview. I hope Saki and Satoru figure out what to do and I hope Shun makes an appearance as I feel his exit didn't have as much closure as it would have if he weren't to return. This is probably the most well thought out anime I have seen and I love it.
Feb 23, 2013 11:50 AM

Feb 2013
deave112 said:
virtuedarkness said:
ToriFuda said:
katsucats said:
AnimageNeby said:
As I predicted, following logical reasoning, back in the 19-20 episode thread: it was clearly the kid of Maria and Mamouru. And thus all the rest was probably spot on too; the fact that squeeler deceived Saki and Saturo when they looked for them, probably sweet talking Maria and Mamouru into staying under their 'protection' and NOT telling them they could return without any problems at that moment, and then, even worse, waiting and abiding his time, until they got a baby and then ruthlessly kill off Maria and Mamouru, so that he could raise their child as a weapon against the other humans.
  1. Yakomaru had produced a bone of Maria, DNA-proven, in the week after she disappeared. This is clearly not enough time for her to get pregnant. The timeline didn't make sense.
  2. Is the death-feedback genetic, or installed after birth? If it's genetic, then Maria and Mamoru's offspring should have it even if it was not raised human.
  3. I said 2, but here's another one: What gives Yakumoru the confidence to be able to control every fiend? Even if they are raised by the queerat colonies, fiends are unstable by nature and unable to control their Cantuses.

2. Saki mentioned in the next-ep preview in one of the previous episodes that "it was raised among them, taught to think [he] was one of them" or something to this effect. Basically, it probably thought it was BNZ and would only feel death feedback killing BNZ. Also we saw Ria spoke in the BNZ language.
  3. That's a really good point actually. I don't think Ria is actually a fiend, they just raised it. But if one of those turns into a fiend or a karmic demon than I'll bet the entire BNZ civilization will just implode. But the slave empires in Asia lasted for a really long time so who knows? They mentioned that one of the Holy Sakura Empire's leaders would randomly kill people in lashes so maybe it was implied that the leader himself was sort of a Fiend?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

LOL!

lol I know its a boy but some dude use it , and I think its better rather than keep using mamoruxmaria son.

That isn't how death feedback works. It's socially constructed and conditioned into every kid born INTO THE SOCIETY. Mamoria has had no conditioning, he has grown up as a savage without the constructs of the modern society. This is what makes him so dangerous.

I replying to quote that said its because that kids didn't recognize human as his species thats why he didnt get the death feedback.

He can turn to karma demon if he not living with society since he didnt have the "living inside holy barrier for safety" idea which prevent Cantus leakage but becoming a fiend is different story as its in his DNA. So if he can kill human without death feedback because he got raise as queerat that explain thing.

But if he the one responsible for Giant hornet annihilation, that doesn't make sense as he suppose not to kill own kind (or it does not apply because from different group). or his DNA got manipulate?
virtuedarknessFeb 23, 2013 12:01 PM
Feb 23, 2013 12:27 PM

Feb 2013
Although much was explained in this episode there are still so much unanswered and would like the discuss

#1 Why Kid fiend is obeying the queerrats?
- Even if he grew up with the rat it doesn't mean anything since 'regular' fiends grew up with humans.
-It was explained earlier that K was taken over by his subconsciousness but the reason he went of a killing spree was because he was scared of others (Cantus maybe?) Maybe he sees the rats as a non threat?

#2 Is Kid fiend even a fiend?
- The humans themselves don't fully understand how to manually create a fiend. Even going by the hints given through the series, wouldn't the rats have to put baby Mamaria under some sort of stress & anxiety to mess him up? Which leads to the question why the 'fiend' is obeying the rats.
- Since the kid grew up outside the villages (shield barriers) would it be possible that he simply was mutated by cantus leakage?

#3 Maria?
- Everything that leading up to this point (From the ending theme to the multiple dreams) gave me the idea that Maria played a bigger role in all of this. Why would the phrase "Maria must die/should not been born" keep being repeated when Mamoru shared similar blame? Unless the writers are trying to mislead the audience, i feel that Maria (maybe may not be dead) still will play a role in the coming eps.

#4 Deathfeed back
- After rewatching ep 9 (explaination of Deathfeed back) I'm still clueless as ever. To clarify, if your subconsciousness realizes you are about to harm another human, your liver starts to shutdown, getting hypnotized, eventually dying if you continue (also transferred genetically meaning kid Mamaria would have this) Also this effect is not only limited by Cantus since when the old guy stabbed himself and said that Saki was killing him, Saki immediately felt the feedback. (also ep 9)

This explanation + the event that led to K's death makes everything so confusing
- Did the doctor actually avoid the feedback? He basically died instantly due to K, but from the explanation of the feedback, one would have some time between their liver shutting down and death.
- If the doctor did avoid the feedback, how was he able to do so? It is one thing to trick your consciousness but I feel it is utter impossible to trick your subconsciousness since it would know all your possible actions before you consciously realize them.

- What if you don't realize you are killing another human? From last episode that one kid tried to kill Saki because he genuinely believed she was a rat. If he somehow killed her and did not know she was human wouldn't that avoid the death feedback as well?

just some food for thought
Feb 23, 2013 12:36 PM
Oct 2009
fantastic episode, great twist. i really thought Mamoru and Maria were able to fake their deaths but this just makes so much more sense.

the only negative i can think of is there will be no rat ending because (presumably) Saki narrating is a Saki that wins the war.

or maybe she's captured and breeding an army of slave-fiends for a rat dominated world. probably not, but i can dream.
Feb 23, 2013 12:53 PM

Aug 2012
virtuedarkness said:

He can turn to karma demon if he not living with society since he didnt have the "living inside holy barrier for safety" idea which prevent Cantus leakage but becoming a fiend is different story as its in his DNA. So if he can kill human without death feedback because he got raise as queerat that explain thing.

But if he the one responsible for Giant hornet annihilation, that doesn't make sense as he suppose not to kill own kind (or it does not apply because from different group). or his DNA got manipulate?

Not exactly sure I get what you're saying, but to answer your last question: No, DNA has nothing to do with death feedback. Death feedback is like a seed 'planted' into the minds of children by the adults, and as they grow up it conditions their mind to know killing another human is wrong.

So, he can kill queerats all he wants, even though he was raised by them and therefore sees himself as one of them, because he did not have that 'seed' planted into him by society. Death feedback only applies to humans raised up in the modern society.

Yangbo said:

#2 Is Kid fiend even a fiend?
- The humans themselves don't fully understand how to manually create a fiend. Even going by the hints given through the series, wouldn't the rats have to put baby Mamaria under some sort of stress & anxiety to mess him up? Which leads to the question why the 'fiend' is obeying the rats.

No, he really isn't a fiend in the same sense that K was, he's more like the first 'fiend' in the time right before cantus were discovered, because he's grown up with no real knowledge or restrictions on his cantus.

#3 Maria?
- Everything that leading up to this point (From the ending theme to the multiple dreams) gave me the idea that Maria played a bigger role in all of this. Why would the phrase "Maria must die/should not been born" keep being repeated when Mamoru shared similar blame? Unless the writers are trying to mislead the audience, i feel that Maria (maybe may not be dead) still will play a role in the coming eps.

Nah, pretty sure she's dead. She only said that once, as a nice bit of foreshadowing. And she only mentioned Maria because lets face it nobody cares about Mamoru, and Maria did go out of her way to escape with him, so that's why it's more on her.

#4 Deathfeed back
- After rewatching ep 9 (explaination of Deathfeed back) I'm still clueless as ever. To clarify, if your subconsciousness realizes you are about to harm another human, your liver starts to shutdown, getting hypnotized, eventually dying if you continue (also transferred genetically meaning kid Mamaria would have this) Also this effect is not only limited by Cantus since when the old guy stabbed himself and said that Saki was killing him, Saki immediately felt the feedback. (also ep 9)
don't remember ever hearing it was transferred genetically

- What if you don't realize you are killing another human? From last episode that one kid tried to kill Saki because he genuinely believed she was a rat. If he somehow killed her and did not know she was human wouldn't that avoid the death feedback as well?
Nah it probably would have kicked in as soon as he realized he had killed a human.
Feb 23, 2013 1:05 PM

Jul 2012
Intense. I'm curious why does fiend don't attack rats.
Feb 23, 2013 1:08 PM

Oct 2012
Ah I loved this episode

Yakumoru is a genius even tho I don't like him
Feb 23, 2013 1:10 PM

Oct 2012
That was quite a bold and daring statement to make...
"You are the fiends!"

Just this once, I'll fulfill whatever your wish is.
Feb 23, 2013 1:18 PM

Feb 2013
Not exactly sure I get what you're saying, but to answer your last question: No, DNA has nothing to do with death feedback. Death feedback is like a seed 'planted' into the minds of children by the adults, and as they grow up it conditions their mind to know killing another human is wrong.

So, he can kill queerats all he wants, even though he was raised by them and therefore sees himself as one of them, because he did not have that 'seed' planted into him by society. Death feedback only applies to humans raised up in the modern society.

I assume you do know what is holy barrier and its function?
because right now you talking about the idea of staying inside holy barrier that being planted on kids by society to avoid Cantus leakage and killing each other.

If im not mistaken the false Minoshiro said bout the scientist did something to human DNA, thats why there's death feedback.
virtuedarknessFeb 23, 2013 1:41 PM
Feb 23, 2013 1:22 PM
Nov 2010
Fantastic. Can't wait for the next episode.
Feb 23, 2013 1:31 PM

Nov 2010
UEntity said:

And also, explain to me the dry river bed scene....
Why did the both of them come to the conclusion that the guy didn't escape??
I'm soooo confused this episode.... =/

don't think anybody explainded this (read through most of this topic haha)

so to give you the short answer (realy it's quite simple)

the waterwheel was the vilage's source of power, the wheel turned with the use of streaming water, no water = no power, so the old man had to turn the wheel using his cantus ;)

and also the sudden cut-off was a dead giveaway (pun intended haha)
Feb 23, 2013 1:37 PM

Jul 2012
I'm just going to go in my room and scream at how amazing this was.
Feb 23, 2013 1:39 PM
Mar 2011
So the consensus is that the kid can leak cantus at will AND is a fiend? Is that how he can get past Shisei's perfect defense?
Feb 23, 2013 1:55 PM

Feb 2013
darkfireblade25 said:
So the consensus is that the kid can leak cantus at will AND is a fiend? Is that how he can get past Shisei's perfect defense?

I thought shisei lose because he trying to kill the kid and got death feedback. Just look how adorable the kid is, it must be really hard on Shisei..
Feb 23, 2013 2:02 PM

Jul 2010
I kinda expected that fiend to be Mamoru and Maria's child. He/she killed Shisei just like that. That Yakomaru, man. To think that the queerats are actively abducting children and turning them into fiends is despicable, yet clever.

I wonder if Mamoru and/or Maria are still alive and if/when we'll ever see them again...

Feb 23, 2013 2:12 PM

Feb 2013
AlexTheRiot said:
don't remember ever hearing it was transferred genetically

I rewatched the ep when the group found the minoshiro. It said that there were 2 things they did genetically to prevent PK outbreaks.
#1 the sexual thing
#2 deathfeed back

AlexTheRiot said:
Nah it probably would have kicked in as soon as he realized he had killed a human.

That's the thing, the death feedback would occur after another human was dead therefore circumventing the main purpose of the feedback which is to prevent the killing in the first place.

The reason that people are scared of fiends is because:
#1 people don't want to kill other people due to instinct via genetic
#2 hypothetically the feedback hypnotizes and kills them if their subconsciousness realizes they are about to harm another human.

If they aren't aware that they are harming another human, (like that kid did to Saki) then the feedback wouldn't even occur as they are using cantus.

Right now, I feel like the only way to kill a fiend is
#1 do it w/o knowing
#2 Karma demon/fiend killing them subconsciously via cantus leakage.
YangboFeb 23, 2013 2:20 PM
Feb 23, 2013 2:29 PM

Oct 2011
OMG Mind blowing episodes Yakamaru's plan is horrifying!!! Since Mamaru/Maria's kid
" Fiend" can kill humans without the death feedback? What if the death feedback occurs if it killed one of the querrats? Since he is considered one of them and not human.
Feb 23, 2013 2:42 PM
Feb 2013
deave112 said:
virtuedarkness said:
ToriFuda said:
katsucats said:
AnimageNeby said:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

LOL!

Let me repeat:

I already pondered and given my thoughts about that in the thread of episode 19 and 20. But I'll repeat in short:

1) Was it said a week? That would be problematic to explain. But as far as I remember, when divulging at that meeting that the DNA and dental records were proven to be theirs, they did not say anything of WHEN they 'found' those bones. My theory, thus, was that the queerats just provided shelter for (minimal) 9 months, and then killed them off and showed the evidence to the cantus-users.

If it's canon that it was within a week, and since Maria clearly was not high-pregnant, one would have to assume the first bone he gave was from one of more limbs, not essential to survival. Maybe he did to Maria what he did to his queen, and kept her in a state where only her main body functions, to give birth. In that case, they could have acted much sooner, put the body of Mamoru and some bones of Maria there, enough to convince both died.

But in which episode did they say a week later they found the bones?

2) and 3) According to my theory, the death feedback is mainly biological, with additional psychological and hypnotic conditioning. It works like the imprinting mechanism of a duckling: the first thing it sees moving, it regards as the mother. Similarly, with cantus-users I think their imprinting is made upon humans (well, the 'human form'), from when they are little.

The fiend is not REALLY a fiend, in the sense that it went bunkers and kills everyone in sight. He has not developed a psychose or anything like that. His mechanism just doesn't work with humans, because he was raised by rats. He considers himself a rat. The imprinting was done on rats, hence, he can kill humans without the death-feedback kicking in.

This would explain everything just perfectly, and I think I'm not far of in this neither. But some poster correctly pointed out that, in that case, he couldn't have killed the other clan of queerats neither. Which seemed a flaw in my reasoning back then, but now I've rewatched what they said about it; it's not actually said a cantus users directly killed those rats. Only that the arrows were undamaged, which pointed to a cantus-user. They also said the bodies were mutilated, but they didn't argue that this could only be done by a cantus-user, so maybe the mutilation was simply done by the other rats/clan, while the fiend just disarmed them and made them powerless.

Edit: this would also serve Squeelers' broader plans. As long as he keeps the human offspring separated in the beginning, and let the imprinting be done on himself/rats, the 'fiends' will not be able to kill rats. But contrary to human cantus-users now, the rats have no such quarrel; they can easily try to kill humans and rats alike without risking a death-feedback. And even when a true fiend would emerge; he can just let the other 'raised' fiends deal with it, and kill that one off, since they wouldn't have an imprint on a human.

Yes, the little rat has thought it through, in a devilish manner.
Feb 23, 2013 3:09 PM

Jun 2011
It seems that humans are going to lose this war. I hate Yakomaru, he's a terrible guy.

Great, as always 5/5
"Nobody knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite"- Rintarou Okabe
Feb 23, 2013 3:31 PM

Jan 2013
OMG fuking sick bastards shit omg this makes me sick
the episode was awesome but wat yakomaru is doin is so sick
gosh I feel so much hate the guy damn sly
Feb 23, 2013 3:37 PM

Feb 2011
Started watching this series last night and I've just caught up. Man, this is just too good. I really wish this was done airing already lol.
いっぺん死んでみる?
Feb 23, 2013 3:40 PM

Sep 2012
AnimageNeby said:
deave112 said:
virtuedarkness said:
ToriFuda said:
katsucats said:
AnimageNeby said:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

LOL!

Guys c'mon, we didn't know whether Mamoria destroyed the Giant Hornets or not. As far as we know, all he did was disarm them like Shisei said. The Robber Flies probably finished them off since they were basically sitting ducks.
"whats so special about bonzai trees?"
"They are the loli of the tree world."

Inganock of the Brightest Flame
Feb 23, 2013 3:47 PM
Jan 2013
I think a question that none of us have asked is, what exactly is the role of the Temples of Purification? It seems like the Temple of Purification never seems to interfere with Kamisu 66's leadership. They also seem to know a lot about things in the world that no-one else seems to have a clue about. The Temple of Purification lies outside of the sacred barrier in Kamisu 66 at that. I feel like the Temples of Purification might be the actual remnants of the old scientists civilization, and that the Temples of Purification maintains the technology and knowledge of the humans.
Feb 23, 2013 4:01 PM
Dec 2012
AnimageNeby said:
Your assertion that I'm wrong is not being substantiated by logical arguments. :-)

In reciprocity, let me say: I'm right.

That even not all humans follow their own moral isn't a real argument: those that do not follow even their own morals, we find immoral too. In fact, it strengthens my case, thus.

You are also confounding the moral cause of the claim that sentient beings should be free, with the means to do it. It must be apparent that, even if the cause could be claimed moral, therefore the means that are used to get to that cause can still be immoral. Otherwise, the adagio that the goal justifies the (any) means, would be accepted. If that stance is accepted, in reciprocity, someone else can claim - with as much right - that whatever he does is morally right, because it serves *his* goal, including killing you and your family, for instance. Thus, we can see that such a reasoning of arbitrarily chosen morals which are dependent on an equally arbitrary goal, where it isn't even deemed immoral to go against ones' own morals, leads to the simple conclusion that the one with the most power is morally right.

In that case, if the cantus-users win, they are morally right, if the rats do, they are.

I, for one, do not think that the will/dominance of the most powerful constitutes an inherent morality, though. Might does not make right. (Although, of course, in human history, it is often proclaimed and seen as such).

While morals differ from culture to culture, and time to time, in any society there always has been a set of morals to follow, whatever they might have been. And in any society those who disregarded their own proclaimed morals, are viewed as immoral. It would be hard to claim that such things do not apply to a rats' society, since they too, obviously, have and seek the administering of morals - even pretty human-like ones, like the concept of free will on an individual basis, as Squeeler proclaimed to be of ethical value. In fact, I don't think it's possible for a society of social beings to have and maintain a society, without a code of conduct, and thus, also morals.

Same to you Your assertion that I'm wrong is not being substantiated by logical arguments. You just drag your personal and subjective belief into arguments. Morals and persona have nothing to do with validity in this case. It is a fact that they have been suppressed by humans. Thus it is valid they rebel against humans.
Feb 23, 2013 4:41 PM

Aug 2012
Okay.. seriously.. this show is so underrated it's not even funny. I mean, depending on how it ends this really has the potential to be a masterpiece! I'm rating it a 9 at the moment but seriously close to rating this 10/10!

Kind of annoyed at the people who dropped this early because I know that they won't start re-watching where they left off, this anime deserves so much more!

Also, even though the guy is one sneaky c***, that Squealer is a true strategist.. didn't expect the guy to be so clever, truly feel like he could go for world domination.
Feb 23, 2013 5:43 PM
May 2012
Oh god... sinces I saw the de 7 first minutes i said " Oh shit... everything is going toward chaos"... and in the sequence... Shisei died... And the Maria's child is a demon... What's hell is happenning here??
This demon will kill everybody... and the stolled babies will be demons ins the future... a real demon is Yakomaru...
Now, what they will do??? This is the sad end to Saki and Satoru?!!! No, please!! DD:
Feb 23, 2013 5:46 PM
Aug 2007
Jesus ****ing Christ, **** just hit the ****ing fan...

Wow. Can't believe how much thought has gone into Squealers plan. This is just a hopeless situation for the humans... I can't wait to see how they get out of this one.

Such a great show...
Feb 23, 2013 6:11 PM

Nov 2008
It let me down a little. It doesn't really make sense.
The child obviously isn't fiend. Else it wouldn't listen to rats.
And if it's not fiend it shouldn't pose substantial threat. Sure you can't kill it, but it's cantus should be quite weak. Oh well, I hope there will be some decent explanation, but I'm disappointed.
Feb 23, 2013 6:27 PM

Feb 2009
No matter how bad humanity is, I don't wish it to be replaced. We should be on top of the food chain always. Saki and co better come up with a way to win; they should put that rat in its place!
Feb 23, 2013 6:45 PM
Sep 2012
WoW,
looking that bow growl like animal really creep me out. In previous tread, i say human maybe will be treated as slave. But it worse. They treated as beast.
only using ragged cloth? check
Growling, not learn about common sense & language? check
Killing people with smile in face? check

He is f*cking 13 years old, yet act like 3 YEARS OLD!!
I can see the future where human live in barn. And queerat feed them daily like cow
And they won't fear about rebellion since one fiend is what they need
Feb 23, 2013 6:51 PM

Feb 2010
That was incredible. This show has continually increased in awesome. It's on another level!

I cannot WAIT to see where this goes; humanity could possibly be annihilated by Queerrats. Squealer using the tactics he has is impressive, ruthless, and effective.

If the finale of this show is as impressive as it's execution thus-far, I can absolutely see myself giving this a 10/10.
Feb 23, 2013 6:52 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
MaxCrazy7 said:
No matter how bad humanity is, I don't wish it to be replaced. We should be on top of the food chain always. Saki and co better come up with a way to win; they should put that rat in its place!

Not really. If the humans were stupid enough to get wiped out, then that's the way things should go.

As for Yakomaru's plan, the only flaw is that it assumes it can fully control the Fiends. Not sure that's entirely possible.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Feb 23, 2013 7:15 PM

Feb 2012
You know, I thought Saki would be more shocked after finding out who the fiend is and I pretty much got nothing from Satoru.
Feb 23, 2013 8:21 PM

Mar 2012
Holy crap. The twists just keep coming. Finding out that Yakomaru has been abducting infants in order to build up an army of fiends to conquer the world was just crazy.
Watching Shisei go down so quickly was surprising. With things getting worse and worse, I seriously wonder how Saki and Satoru are going to dig themselves out of this mess.
Feb 23, 2013 9:01 PM

Nov 2011
Zhou said:
You know, I thought Saki would be more shocked after finding out who the fiend is and I pretty much got nothing from Satoru.

Satoru is smart and intuitive as hell. He probably figured it out the moment he realized there was a fiend working with the queerats.
The Art of Eight
Feb 23, 2013 9:31 PM

Sep 2012
dankickyou said:
Zhou said:

"...Ria."

Looks like she was pretty shocked, all wide eyed and taken back. I'd say she was speechless, and so was I.
"whats so special about bonzai trees?"
"They are the loli of the tree world."

Inganock of the Brightest Flame
Feb 23, 2013 10:23 PM

Aug 2011
This anime is f*** brilliant.
Feb 24, 2013 12:17 AM

Oct 2012
OK, I read over some of the responses, but here is where I am still confused.

1) It never said a week, I was just assuming it should've been a time period of relative urgency, considering the Board of Education gave Saki and Satoru only 3 days to find their friends, and it would be, in my opinion, unrealistic for the Board to wait 9 months after that to demand their remains.

2) Regarding death feedback, I do remember in one of the earlier episodes the Fake Minoshiro's detailed how the human DNA was genetically altered to possess the Death Feedback. But even if there's a hypnotism aspect to it --and there's nothing in the anime to really suggest there is-- then how will Yakomaru know how to harness that technique? Admittedly this is nitpicking a bit, but considering how the anime specifically said that Death Feedback is a biological response and didn't say anything about social conditioning, I'm more inclined to believe that it's just an unexplained plot hole.

3) If the fiend isn't a real fiend, then how did he kill Shisei with Cantus leakage? If it's a Karmic Demon, then why aren't the queerats affected by the leakage equally like Shun's town?
katsucatsFeb 24, 2013 12:25 AM
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Feb 24, 2013 1:14 AM

Sep 2011
katsucats said:

3) If the fiend isn't a real fiend, then how did he kill Shisei with Cantus leakage? If it's a Karmic Demon, then why aren't the queerats affected by the leakage equally like Shun's town?

Some people say because the "Fiend" aka the child of Mamoru and Maria, which is actually a human was raised by queerats, then he believes that they're not the "Demons." In his eyes he sees all the humans as Demons and thus Death feedback doesn't work.

However, the thing about this logic is that we were told other people killed humans, thinking they were queerats in the field, they themselves died because they didn't know who they were attacking since it was too dark. So the logic behind what I just said before this doesn't make sense. Maybe the only way to kill someone is by Cantus leakage.
TyrelFeb 24, 2013 1:19 AM
Feb 24, 2013 1:18 AM

Nov 2011
katsucats said:

He really isnt a fiend IMO. Seems more like an untempered PK user like those before the fall of the Slave Empires.
The Art of Eight
Feb 24, 2013 1:20 AM
Jun 2009
why don't they just kill all queerat queens? queerats can't populate without queens, right? problem solved.
Feb 24, 2013 1:23 AM

Nov 2011
greedy_anonymous said:
why don't they just kill all queerat queens? queerats can't populate without queens, right? problem solved.

They're getting their ass kicked in a defensive war and you want them to fight an offensive war, attack the colonies, locate the queens, and kill them. Are you serious?
The Art of Eight
Feb 24, 2013 1:24 AM
Jun 2009
dankickyou said:
They're getting their ass kicked in a defensive war and you want them to fight an offensive war, attack the colonies, locate the queens, and kill them. Are you serious?

well, the single person can do this while fiend is busy with keeping "their ass kicked"
Feb 24, 2013 1:28 AM

Oct 2012
dankickyou said:
katsucats said:

He really isnt a fiend IMO. Seems more like an untempered PK user like those before the fall of the Slave Empires.
Cantus leakage would signify a Karmic Demon, would it not? Didn't Shun involuntarily destroy his entire town? How would this "fiend" not have the same effect?
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Feb 24, 2013 1:50 AM

Jun 2012
So epic. Very gruesome deaths, even Shisei-san.., what a master plan Yakomaru has devised.
5/5.

Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Ugly KV

ScuzzyBear - Jun 8, 2023

9 by charlieman999 »»
Mar 28, 6:10 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2012

702 by Ryls »»
Mar 19, 12:05 PM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2013

1325 by Xeehad »»
Mar 2, 8:13 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 4, 2013

169 by Xeehad »»
Mar 1, 11:37 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2012

516 by Xeehad »»
Feb 26, 10:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.