Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Mar 5, 2013 3:40 PM

Apr 2012
Ooooh, finally some more interesting plot-twists!

This is why I watch this series; not for the mediocre episodes we've had for the last few weeks!
Mar 7, 2013 7:47 PM

Jul 2010
Am I the only one really, really disappointed with Mahiro's reaction? He's like a completely different person compared with how he was 15 episodes back, I don't like it. He was a good character because of his rash behavior and irrational view on the world and problems, suddenly changing into an understanding and peaceful character makes me frustrated and I just don't buy it. I wish he would've acted less composed and hit or at least show some anger towards Yoshino.

Hakaze is also getting on my nerves, the whole lovey dovey act doesn't suit her and changes her into the stereo type "teenage girl helplessly in love" which makes her useless and unable to make rational decisions.

I hope next episode will pick up the pace and give Mahiro and Hakaze some of their old character traits back, I don't like where the anime is going at all. It's starting to lose it's unique plot and changing into a cheesy and overused re-telling of a sad love traingle only with magic, at least for me...
Mar 20, 2013 12:55 PM
Aug 2011
I thought the talk between Yoshino and Mahiro was great.
A little late but that's how it's done.
Some series just go on and on and you never have the characters actually talking about issues at hand.

I'm torn because:
Going to the past = very interesting
Aika being alive there = meh because once again I just don't like her

I did notice before but I just kind of realized that Samon has the best reactions to things ahaha.
Apr 10, 2013 8:50 PM

Sep 2011
I actually really liked how everything came to part to be honest. =o
Apr 11, 2013 9:13 PM
Mar 2009
Wow, Mahiro took that news surprisingly well. Quite mature of him, which I usually don't associate him with.

Damn, Samon about flipped when he heard Mahiro and Yoshino were handy-dandy fine. I can empathize with you Samon, all this shit going on in the world and you have to deal with high school level drama, hahaha.

Holy damn. Hakaze going back in time? Guess I can say she's going BACK TO THE FUTURE once again later on. I thought we were done with time travel shenanigans. If she meets Aika, I wonder if she can just watch her die or else she'd fuck the present timeline.
Apr 18, 2013 8:13 PM

Oct 2011
So Hakaze would really do anything for Yoshino <3 going back in time isn't that safe either..

Well, from the preview and the current events with Hakaze's time travel, I guess that Hakaze and Aika had enough contact with each other for Aika to realize that she is going to be killed. And that is the reason why she always brought up those quotes and said something as if she would disappear soon.
Time travel really is complicated.. If someone from the future is going back in time, then he would be in our time line, too. Right now, at this moment. Even if he originally hasn't been born yet.
Nothing would change in our time, because there would probably be another timeline that only affects the people in the time after the time travel. So the past for the people in the current time line in ZnT would not be affected by any of Hakaze's actions in the past.

.. Too complicated to talk about, would take too long to really explain enough and probably nobody is interested in it anyway. :P
RiukixDApr 18, 2013 8:16 PM
May 17, 2013 4:48 PM

Nov 2012
Was a little surprising how the confrontation between Mahiro and Yoshino turned out. I mean everyone even Yoshino was expecting Mahiro to beat the crap out of Yoshino.So pretty mature of Mahiro to stay calm and composed throughout the confrontation.

And interesting turn of events,Hakaze is going back in time to before Aika was killed to find her killer.
May 20, 2013 1:55 PM
May 2013
I didn't expect to be so peaceful when Yoshino told Mahiro about he and Aika.
Hakaze looked so cute when she was waving.
Jul 25, 2013 5:41 AM

Nov 2011
Well, as I thought, Hakaze is going to destroy one of the dolls so she can talk to herself in the past again. This way, she can possibly save Aika from dying as well. If she uses the item to escape the island instead of transferring herself to the future, then she can save Aika from dying.

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Oct 13, 2013 4:13 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

Episode effective, the plot slows down, but the narrative there drunk with unpredictable situations and interesting dialogues. Evangeline ineffective Hakaze MC of the episode!
Drawings, animations and backgrounds always good!
I liked the idea of Evangeline!
Oct 23, 2013 3:40 PM

Nov 2009
. . . If they can time travel then this is retarded, their is no rational way that something that protects logic would then send something to the past, altering the present completely. Also if they could time travel then they could also bring back the dead . . .
Jan 14, 2014 9:04 PM
Apr 2011
Good episode, Yoshino and Mahiro had a rather peaceful talk about Aika. I think Mahiro being spoiled beforehand gave him some time to digest the possibility. I was expecting a bit more violence towards Yoshino, he deserves a little punishment for hiding the truth from his best friend.

So Hakaze is going to the past?....the direct past?.....a different worldline?....divergence point?.......stein gates?

Anyway, it should be interesting to see these interactions, and I can tell that a lot will be explained through this time travel.
The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.
-Albert Camus

Jan 31, 2014 12:46 AM

Mar 2012
Pirating_Ninja said:
. . . If they can time travel then this is retarded, their is no rational way that something that protects logic would then send something to the past, altering the present completely. Also if they could time travel then they could also bring back the dead . . .

#fuck logic.
Mar 16, 2014 5:38 PM

May 2013
In before Aika suicided and there was no murderer.
Mar 27, 2014 3:55 PM

Dec 2013
FUCK YEA! they're still friends.The way Mahiro dealed with the truth was Awsome. Lol at Samon's trolled faced, his expressions never cease to amuze me.Hakaze again with all that moe-ness, i think there's still hope for HakazexYoshino.Oh that ending!! Gave me the Steins;Gate vibe. By the way,time travel is cool, but aliens huh... i don't really now how i feel about this.
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
May 19, 2014 4:46 AM

Jun 2011
Animefanx3 said:
Am I the only one really, really disappointed with Mahiro's reaction? He's like a completely different person compared with how he was 15 episodes back, I don't like it. He was a good character because of his rash behavior and irrational view on the world and problems, suddenly changing into an understanding and peaceful character makes me frustrated and I just don't buy it. I wish he would've acted less composed and hit or at least show some anger towards Yoshino.

Hakaze is also getting on my nerves, the whole lovey dovey act doesn't suit her and changes her into the stereo type "teenage girl helplessly in love" which makes her useless and unable to make rational decisions.

I hope next episode will pick up the pace and give Mahiro and Hakaze some of their old character traits back, I don't like where the anime is going at all. It's starting to lose it's unique plot and changing into a cheesy and overused re-telling of a sad love traingle only with magic, at least for me...

Mahiro had some time to think about it. It's actually more logical that he acted that way from our point of view. Otherwise, I agree with your other points. She wants his D already.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jul 16, 2014 1:19 AM

Apr 2010
Hmmm I'm surprised that Mahiro didn't at least hit Yoshino juuuuust once. But then again I think if he did, like he said he won't be able to stop at one hit. It's funny how me and Mahiro are quite similar.
Jul 20, 2014 3:58 AM

Dec 2013
Another time jump incoming, eh?
Jul 31, 2014 9:36 AM

May 2012
Sweet resolve and well the real truth is finally out, I did expect some beat up but well the way he handled it was pretty proper! Her now going back in time is very interesting as well and I do question if perhaps she is the cause of her death after all now that she will go back in time before she was killed? Well I quite liked where this is going so let's see what happens next!
Sep 13, 2014 11:55 PM

Jul 2013
I knew Mahiro wouldn't react violently because he's a real bro! If I were him I'd probably at least give Yoshino a one clean hit in the face. Not because she dated my sister but because he hid that fact from me for so long even though we're close friends.

In the end I still like Mahiro a lot more than Yoshino. Forget about love interests, Mahiro is too awesome for that. heheh (Now I've found a way to conceal my frustration)

Wow at the last scene! I'm all pumped up for that
Dec 31, 2014 5:04 AM

Jun 2013
So Yoshino and Mahiro finally reconciled to each other, as if there's nothing happened. Haha.
So Hakaze plans to go back to the past so that she can determine Aika's killer.
May 29, 2015 4:36 AM

May 2013
Really expected Mahiro to punch Yoshino at least once but I'm glad it didn't end that way at all.
BROMANCE!!

Samon's reaction to hearing the reconciliation was hilarious like most of his reactions.

Lol at Hakaze saying flat out she's doing it for Yoshino and not the world.

Hakaze's forwardness will pay off! He'll get over Aika someday because Hakaze's amazing!
Jun 23, 2015 4:57 AM

Jan 2013
That man to man talk was nice.
Aug 4, 2015 4:06 AM

Jul 2012
I was surprised with how maturely Mahiro took the confession from Yoshino. I don't know if it could've gone any better than that haha.

Hakaze meeting Aika next episode will sure be interesting.
Nov 16, 2015 12:03 AM

Jul 2013
I didn't expect Mahiros "positive" reaction when he talked with Yoshino about Aika. After all they're really good friend, so it's true what Mahiro said "How could he punch someone who made Aika happy".

Poor Hakaze, I want an Hakaze x Yoshino >.<

Next episode Hakaze goes back in time to meet Aika before she died? That will be super interesting. Can't wait to see this.

Feb 12, 2016 2:17 AM

Mar 2015
I'm glad that Mahiro forgives Yoshino.

Traveling back to past is a very good idea indeed.

3.75/5
May 27, 2016 12:07 PM

Dec 2014
This episode seemed the typical lov com to me....
Classic fun and lovable at the same time
Oct 22, 2016 4:25 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
niaxato said:
Mahiro took the news much better than i thought he would and to be honest, i really liked his reaction. I find myself liking him more and more and hoping he will find some sort of closure at the end.

Wow, Hakaze is going back in time to before Aika was killed. That will be interesting indeed.

Looking forward to the next episodes.

I really enjoyed Mahiro's behavior, such bromance is cool!!
If there wasnt an Aika or Hakaze I would had to ship both of them!!!! xD
Dec 16, 2016 2:29 PM

Sep 2015
Was expecting it to be cliche with Mahiro punching Yoshino or at least being super angry but I'm glad it wasn't implanted. I feel like Hazake may have had some involvement with Aika's death by time travel which is what she's gonna do.
Jul 1, 2017 12:09 AM

Jul 2015
Ahh, I can't wait to find out who killed Aika, but like, not too sure how I feel about Hakaze having to use Time Travel in order to do so lol; this just seems like the perfect set-up for something bad to happen. I just really hope that Aika didn't kill herself or anything of that sort. That would be quite the plot twist.

caught in the wonder
Feb 22, 2019 12:12 PM

Aug 2017
I'm glad that Mahiro acted mature when he was talking to Yoshino.

In the other side, Evangeline's explanation about the alien stuff is interesting.
I think that she is a very underrated character.

It seems that they'll be back in time to find out more about Aika's death.

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Apr 28, 2019 9:29 AM

Nov 2016
Well, early on I honestly didn't expect that this conversation about Aika would take place so peacefully. This kinda makes me wary of an upcoming twist which will fuck things up.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 6, 2020 5:27 PM

Apr 2007
What a great couple of episodes. Now that there are no more secrets, they can fully act normal around each other. I'm glad Mahiro didn't fly into rage when talking with Yoshino about his relationship with Aika. Well, until they got home :)

I'm excited to finally get to the mystery of Aika's death. I have some theories myself.
Mar 13, 2022 10:05 AM
Nov 2020
Going to the past to find the killer is always a bad decision. You might get involved in the killing itself, either directly or indirectly.
Aug 6, 2022 8:49 PM

May 2019
YES, time travel came back to the plot.

It was really bugging me, why care about "not changing the past" if they already made a huge time paradox with the skeleton.

Go back to the past Hakase, send your bones to the present (fixing the paradox), get that equipament hidden in the island and fly to Japan.

All this to discover that maybe Aika killed herself, as the original mage of Exodus.

If the author manage to deal well with all this, the series will be a great 9,0 to me.
Sep 14, 2022 10:57 PM

Nov 2010
Evangeline's theory is plausible. Well, even without magic or exotic technology, our civilization is at the gates of the Great Filter. It's only a matter of time before humanity destroys itself. I just hope I get to buy the figures I want and enjoy their company to the end. lol

I know Aika is waifu tier, but damn, Yoshino should move on and give Hakaze a chance, once this is all over. Her body and face are to die for! But yeah, Hakaze loves him for having that kind of persona.
Nov 25, 2023 11:01 AM

May 2020
Well, who would've guessed Mahiro will listen to Yoshino so calmly about those days when he "used-to-be" Aika's boyfriend. Even Yoshino joked about how he was left startled when Mahiro didn't punch or anything lol.

Though this just means we've come a long way, and that's always a good thing. But I'm not sure how much this time travel stuff would make sense or would help things in coming episodes, as I mean it's "time-travel" after all.
Dec 24, 2023 7:20 PM

Dec 2022
I love it when Samon goes into that thoughtful inner dialogue mode and the background turns all trippy and purple to symbolize his confusion and annoyance. It really puts things into perspective. I'm all caught up in the drama but then Samon makes me remember that the fate of the world is at stake here and it may all be destroyed for love, but nobody really knows what is going on anyways.
Apr 2, 8:15 PM

Dec 2022
Yoshino has some nerve to start talking about Aika's tits or how scrawny she was right after revealing to Mahiro that they were dating behind his back, especially since they were in the middle of (or just after) visiting her grave. It's inconsiderate, and cheapens that moment of emotion Yoshino has earlier.

Shaded Horizon

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2013

398 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 3, 12:09 AM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

116 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 10:47 PM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2013

260 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 9:59 PM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2013

278 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 9:25 PM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2013

175 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 6:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.