Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Feb 22, 2013 3:59 AM

Dec 2008
Does the Chief not realize that the more she opens her mouth, or the more she interferes, the more suspicious she looks? Is her motherboard broken? Was her SIM card removed? Is she missing a few microchips? As a cyborg, I would think she'd be a little smarter than that.

Once again, Ginoza proves to be nothing more than a useless yes man. Lacking the ability to think on his feet or when in a pinch, I know he would have shot and blown Kougami into nonexistence.

Good job, Akane, for being a quick thinker, saving Kougami, and making the Chief look like an idiot for not recognizing a "broken" Dominator!

Perhaps it's just me, but the words in Kougami's letter sounded like he WANTS Akane to kill him. I don't want Kougami to die, but maybe he wants to die. Hopefully I'm just analyzing things to deeply.

Kougami going rogue is SEXY!
Hannah_AnaFeb 22, 2013 4:22 AM
Feb 22, 2013 4:29 AM

Jun 2012
Pretty good episode :)

I wonder if akane will actually kill him or not :/

Akane saving the day and some feels at the end xD cant wait till next week like always.
Does anyone else need a doctor to confirm that someone without a head is dead?
Feb 22, 2013 5:14 AM
Jul 2012
man it was pretty bad this episode that even I noticed it. I never notice any flaws within animation or art unless it was blatant like this.

Feb 22, 2013 5:45 AM
May 2012
EP18 Questions & Thoughts:

How in the hell that Chief escaped the crash last episode?! HOW THE HELL DOES THAT WORK?!
How did his cyborg body got fixed just like that instantly?!
Why is she ended up in the limo in the beginning of the episode?!
JafriZinFeb 22, 2013 6:08 AM
Feb 22, 2013 5:54 AM

Nov 2008
JeffreyZin said:
How in the hell that Chief survived the crash last episode?! HOW THE HELL DOES THAT WORK?!

God, NOBODY talks about this?! I can't believe NO seems to reply my post whatsoever till it left me curious..

Uh... a new cyborg body was made most likely.
Feb 22, 2013 6:43 AM
Jan 2013

Oh, stupid, Gino you just have no idea that your director is the Sibyl System itself.
Feb 22, 2013 7:11 AM
Aug 2012
Bunns said:
JeffreyZin said:
How in the hell that Chief survived the crash last episode?! HOW THE HELL DOES THAT WORK?!

God, NOBODY talks about this?! I can't believe NO seems to reply my post whatsoever till it left me curious..

Uh... a new cyborg body was made most likely.

A system like that must keep spare bodies like this for emergency situations. Another body was sent to cover up the mess. It's not that hard if you think normally.

Feb 22, 2013 7:57 AM

Jul 2010
This episode was pretty heavy. Quite the twist and I like where this is going.

marchefka said:

[...] I guess it would be nice if Akane, not wanting Kogami to become a murderer, killed Makishima and if it turned out that her psycho-pass was not affected at all - her being "criminally asymptomatic" as well :D

This is actually what I'm expecting as well.

Feb 22, 2013 8:09 AM

Jul 2008
This episode... It was hard to focus on the subs, the art just kept bugging me for various reasons.
But Akane shooting Kougami with a paralyzer, she's getting more badass.
Gino should get his grip together, whats with;
Baddie007 said:

you actually thought of shooting Kougami? o_o
Feb 22, 2013 8:24 AM

Jun 2011
Good episode, despite the bad animation.
"Nobody knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite"- Rintarou Okabe
Feb 22, 2013 9:25 AM

Sep 2010
EPIC episode as always..... But WTH with shitty animation.... :(

4/5
Feb 22, 2013 9:35 AM
Feb 2013
https://twitter.com/n_shiotani

塩谷直義 ‏@n_shiotani
今日放送の18話。すべて直します。本当に申し訳ございません。

(All Episode 18 repairs it. I'm sorry)
abashiriFeb 22, 2013 9:41 AM
Feb 22, 2013 10:20 AM

Nov 2010
abashiri said:
https://twitter.com/n_shiotani

塩谷直義 ‏@n_shiotani
今日放送の18話。すべて直します。本当に申し訳ございません。

(All Episode 18 repairs it. I'm sorry)

Concerning today's broadcast of episode 18, everything will be fixed. We are terribly sorry.
Feb 22, 2013 10:26 AM

Apr 2011
Oh please! Akane doesn't have guts to kill Makishima, a man who killed her best friend in front of her eyes... How could anyone expect her to shoot and kill Kougami? she definitely isn't that kind of character
Feb 22, 2013 11:17 AM

Sep 2012
The chief's action was completely stupid during this episode. Since the audience knows the truth, no need to pretend anymore. I really hate when a story does that.

Anyway OK episode. Not much happened, but I kinda liked the melancholic feels and the soundtrack was very fitting. You know that shit's gonna hit the fans soon.
Feb 22, 2013 12:14 PM

Apr 2011
It was an okay episode but the end was very emotional.
Feb 22, 2013 12:46 PM
Nov 2012
A really good episode despite the significant drop in animation quality.

The timing at the end with the song was beautiful.
Feb 22, 2013 12:47 PM
Sep 2012
Jlakay423 said:
Does anybody else get the feeling that Akane is going to kill Kogami?

well it is by gen, so be ready.
Feb 22, 2013 1:49 PM

Dec 2012

That's my girl Akane. You shows that old hag and the people disliking you who's boss!! xD. Her growth in character feels like a Shounen typical story but it is not. It's from her innate personality and was gained through self-actualization, rather than being forced down unrealistically like most Shounen characters. As I thought in the beginning, I always believe in her and I was not disappointed.

People now realize that the Opening foreshadowing a tragic ending where Akane has to kill Kougami to protect her sense of justice. I've had the same thinking as well. However, since the scenario was spelled out rather bluntly in the episode (to the point of Kougami saying "don't turn back on your belief"), I think it's a misleading hint and I have high hope for a happy ending xD

The overall episode is really good. I see people joke about the animation but no one praised the music in this ep. All those timely, mellow but depressing tunes helped set the mood perfectly for the calm-before-the-storm atmosphere. In fact this is the best ep yet in term of music.

Other characters received tremendous growth as well.
_Ginoza is more receptive to others, especially his father. He is actually a person that's changed the most next to Akane. From a complete servant to a perceptive individual who plotted against the system.
_Masaoka is more warm up to his son after their little talk last ep. His advice of acting as the incompetence bouncing ball is very insightful. His care for Ko is very sweet as well.
_Shion for the first time shows some interest in Ko through her half-true joke, even if she does not "swing that way"
_The Chief, after switching brain, is more authoritative and sly as ever. Bravo to whomever occupies her brain now
*cough. cough* xD
Feb 22, 2013 1:58 PM

Aug 2010
kondee said:
I somewhat enjoyed this episode and it does a good job of breaking the intensity of the last few episodes and preparing us for the finale. Granted, while I don't generally care for animation quality...it was incredibly derpy this episode.

I think this should be taken as good news when the director had to apologize for the quality. I believe the last 4 episodes will be great/more than decent in terms of quality. It would be embarrassing having to apologize twice. Especially this late into the series.

Ragna92 said:

Reiji didn't have it bad at all. He lived in all 3 true endings of the visual novel. Uro doesn't always give his characters a bad end.

Wonder if you tried Saya No Uta...Urobuchi at his utmost relentlessness. Either some people die or those that lived wished they were dead (for the most part). While tragedy is Urobuchi's favorite tool, I agree he is capable of providing what isn't necessarily a bad ending. I heard he is trying to tone down the tragedy aspects of his writing a bit lately. Either way, I won't rule a 'good' ending for this series yet.

Damn that Saya no Uta. It was the most disturbing thing I've experienced from any medium. It's impossible not to feel sick while playing that VN. Still a must play though.
Feb 22, 2013 2:02 PM

Dec 2012
Ragna92 said:

Damn that Saya no Uta. It was the most disturbing thing I've experienced from any medium. It's impossible not to feel sick while playing that VN. Still a must play though.

The anime adaption of it will turn the anime world up-side-down. The live action of it will turn the entire world up-side-down xD. It re-defines perception as its most basic form
Feb 22, 2013 2:10 PM

Mar 2012
I noticed skips of animations, like the characters seem still, and then right after, teleported or insta fast movement to another pose/movement. The mouth talking doesnt sync in quite well.

It was a great episode, but really poor quality. Good to know its getting remade, but would they air it?

"Have you ever encounter a wild beast that guarantees to never bite anyone?" ~ Roronoa Zoro
Feb 22, 2013 2:45 PM

Jul 2012
Really boring episode. What's wrong with this show lately..
Feb 22, 2013 4:17 PM

Apr 2011
This was pretty much a "calm before the storm" episode.
Feb 22, 2013 4:24 PM
May 2012
Akane saved Ko!!! \o/ Very well Akane-chan!!! I'm surprise for nobody think strange de change in the gun... well... Ko, please, don't be stupid! Only stay alive!! DD:
Feb 22, 2013 4:25 PM

Nov 2009
akane has missed two chances to kill makishima. there wont be a third miss. shes going to hose him. and then we can get our koxakane ending and everyone is happy!

i dont know why im so harsh. i could be so brash. im going to clash.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 22, 2013 6:18 PM
May 2012
Bunns said:
[Uh... a new cyborg body was made most likely.

Dragon_Slayer_X said:
A system like that must keep spare bodies like this for emergency situations. Another body was sent to cover up the mess. It's not that hard if you think normally.

Possibly they might be an entire army Chief Kasei out there?!
JafriZinFeb 23, 2013 7:10 AM
Feb 22, 2013 7:02 PM

Nov 2012
This episode is hilarious in its own way. Firstly, the artwork quality-- well many ppl had pointed this out. Secondly, when Akane said "that dominator is broken" I'm giggling like crazy. I wonder what Kasei's expression is like when Akane said that. I guess after this incident, Kasei will have quite an eye for Akane.

Aww my Akane, I'm really proud of you <3 And I don't think she will kill Kou. She has her own way to judge Kou and Makishima, I'm sure of it.
Your so-called peaceful world makes me bored, so don't blame me if I destroy all of it.
- http://worldinverse.smackjeeves.com
Feb 22, 2013 7:41 PM

May 2012
So Kogami's gonna work outside of the law now like some dark vigilante? AWESOMENESS! :D
"No matter how much of a genius one is, in front of the Uchiha name, they're just ordinary people." - Sasuke Uchiha

Feb 22, 2013 7:44 PM

Jul 2010
Animation and drawings were HORRIBLE, but it was still not a bad episode.Hard to watch, but yeah.
Feb 22, 2013 8:05 PM

Jun 2012
If she did that would be terrible. Decent episode, except for some of the animation but what are you going to do. Nice move by Akane when she shot him but the chief blatantly showed them that she can override the weapon which I'm pretty sure she shouldn't be able to. Seems Ko will be up to something soon.
If strength is justice, then is powerlessness a crime?

Feb 23, 2013 12:12 AM

Sep 2010
I'm surprise more people aren't bashing the animation/art for this episode. I found it very very noticeably and obviously bad. Almost every scene looked disproportionate or lazily drawn in some way.
Psycho pass generally has high quality animation too, so yeah I was very disappointed.

Story wasn't anything special either, so yeah, overall not a great episode.
Feb 23, 2013 3:12 AM

Feb 2012
If they hadn't pointed out the questionable quality, I wouldn't have even noticed. Akane really kicked ass in this episode.
The only thing you can rely on is that you can't rely on anything.
Feb 23, 2013 3:58 AM
May 2012
Funny how they still never really aware that the corpse during the beginning was chief Kasei.

So, there might be an entire army Chief Kasei out there?!
JafriZinFeb 23, 2013 7:10 AM
Feb 23, 2013 1:38 PM

Aug 2011
Ahaha, I thought the staff apology was a slight exaggeration for the high bar they set themselves but I noticed some odd faces from Kogami and Akane there. Apology accepted, I still enjoyed this episode immensely.

It's a nice break from the action. Loved how Akane stepped up to the plate and shot Ko. Show that Chief who's boss! I really enjoyed how the ED song was cut in two parts. Ko's letter about taking the law in to his own hands and then Akane's tearful reaction really elevated the song's impact.
Feb 23, 2013 2:00 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Like many have pointed, the animation was a bit off this episode, but otherwise it was an excellent characterization episode. This series just has a great story and characters and this episode didn't disappoint. I look forward to an action packed finish and bittersweet ending (It is is Urobuchi after all.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Feb 23, 2013 4:13 PM

Feb 2010
Good buildup of what's to come...

I figured the "chief" would have extra bodies fairly quickly, but I STILL was like.. "Aww damn" when she appeared right at the beginning. -_-

Akane's face during/after reading the letter... :(
Feb 23, 2013 4:21 PM

Mar 2012
Wow Ginoza just getting more sucks for being an inspector.. Anyway 4 eps left, guess the climax shall be at eps 20-21..
Keep moving forward
Feb 23, 2013 4:34 PM

Jun 2007
For a derp episode, that actually wasn't so bad.
Feb 23, 2013 4:49 PM

Sep 2011
My God its was so hard to read the subs because you are trying to look at the back ground to the peoples faces because they look so stupid at some points.
Feb 23, 2013 5:00 PM

Apr 2012
The animation was humorously bad but I didn't really care. I didn't watch this anime for their state of the art animation (sarcasm). What bugs me is the chief coming out and being all like LOLOLOLijusthacked your gun; go ahead shoot lul. Instead of saying the fuck is going on here they just look on dumbfounded like nothing happened. At the same time Akane was pretty bawse and quick on her toes in saving the day by using her dominator to de-escalate the situation.

Feb 23, 2013 5:53 PM

Feb 2009
That was close nice save Akane!

Someone is going to get shot! I wish it would be only Makishima, but I think this is too much to asked.
Feb 23, 2013 8:26 PM

Sep 2012
I didn't notice the bad animation until halfway through the episode with Masaoka's face. I really want Akane to change her views on sybil, but it doesn't look like she well. I hope this show surprises me like Madoka did.
Feb 23, 2013 10:03 PM
Dec 2012
Good episode. I didn't really notice the inferior quality in animation but it's cool. I like where the anime is going now and I can only wonder how Akane's beliefs will influence her actions when she has to face Ko in the end. Overall, the anime is good.
Feb 23, 2013 10:28 PM
May 2008
I don't think she will kill Ko at the end simply because she couldn't kill Makishima herself (twice) - but of course without the Dominator. Makishima should have had a high criminal coefficient, but didn't because he was an exception to the system. Even so, Akane would have used the Dominator anyway..

Ko would have a higher criminal coefficient if he did kill Makishima, so theoretically she would have to use the Dominator on him, too. But, the Sibyl system is not what they think it is, so once the truth is out, she probably will not kill him based on that screwed system...
Feb 24, 2013 5:21 AM

Aug 2011
Monad said:
ChrnoTodd said:
RediceRyan said:
I didn't notice the bad animation quality. Someone makes some gifs to demonstrate it

That is called ARTWORK NOT ANIMATION Maybe that's why the poor guy was asking for a moving gif. Maybe he thought you people knew what animation is which is MOVEMENT.
"bad animation" has become a broad term to describe fails in both the animation and artwork (basically everything visual), so that's obviously why everyone calls it that. The majority of people know what people mean when the term "bad animation" is used, so it isn't much of a problem. You're getting too technical.

On a side note, I really enjoyed this episode.
Feb 24, 2013 5:35 AM

Sep 2008
Does this sow end after ep 22? Becuse i can totaly see this show going on for more than 2 more seasons. There is still alot of things they can explore in this world.

This is the best anime i have seen in a LONG time. Awesome characters, great story and dialouges. The only thing it misses is a first class soundtrack.
Feb 24, 2013 9:17 AM

May 2009
As much as I thought I was liking this show, this is really drooping. Why the bad animation? What did they have to compromise with? What's with the obaa-san publicizing her role to everyone? What's with the denseness?

beh.
Somewhere the plot dwindled to be just for the heck of things. It's like the scriptwriter said, "Whatever," and did whatever. Mash-up of all sci-fi cliches combined. >.<
_____ _ _ ______

Within pain, there is desire.

_____ _ _ ______
Feb 24, 2013 10:14 AM

Feb 2009
I hope they fix this issue with the art once the blu-ray comes out. But still this episode was great. The story is getting better each time.
Feb 24, 2013 11:05 AM

Jul 2012
Akane is win.

Kagari, come back ;_;

The dramatic irony is killing me. I love that the audience already knows the truth behind Sibyl but the main characters don't.

I REGRET CATCHING UP TO THIS SHOW! NOW I HAVE TO WAIT A WEEK FOR THE NEXT EP. T_T
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2013

927 by The_Black_B3ast »»
Mar 5, 12:27 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

352 by The_Black_B3ast »»
Mar 4, 2:49 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2013

288 by The_Black_B3ast »»
Mar 2, 9:03 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2013

373 by The_Black_B3ast »»
Feb 29, 3:21 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2013

566 by The_Black_B3ast »»
Feb 29, 2:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.