Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 21, 2013 8:17 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Why is there a chameleon in the background this episode?
The talk between Akane and Shinya was kinda nice and they seem to have a connection. Oh the clones of this episode, reminds me of a little of Robotics;Notes.

Pretty tense scene here imo:

Kinda of a meh episode imo overall.

Feb 21, 2013 8:42 AM
Dec 2012
That chameleon is a metaphor for Shinya? Wise move of Akane. She saved him. But he is turning into an outlawed punisher?? Oh well.

This episode seems a turning point for him, and it questions us as to whether or not we should comply with laws when the laws are useless. Perhaps it's a question without an answer...deep and evasive.
eminagnamFeb 21, 2013 9:13 AM
Feb 21, 2013 8:43 AM

Sep 2012
As the staff twitter said, they need to apologize for the poor sakuga/animation level shown in this episode:

Good thing is it was not so bad all the time. I think the problem was most prominent near the end (just look at how Kogami wears a jacket at one moment and then does not right afterwards) . And also it seems the motion is sometimes not smooth enough, perhaps the number of frames is not sufficient. And the voice sometimes does not synchronize with the mouth movement.

Anyway, in my opinion sakuga is not as bad as the twitter seemed to indicate but on the other hand the story is not that interesting in this episode. Gino is again looking quite incompetent lol.
symbvFeb 21, 2013 10:02 AM
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Feb 21, 2013 9:47 AM

Jan 2013
Akane saved him ^^ awesome move Akane
Feb 21, 2013 9:50 AM

Apr 2008
ani8owl said:
Akane saved him ^^ awesome move Akane

No, I don't want, He make his job perfetly. The society is already corrupted.
Feb 21, 2013 9:52 AM

Jan 2013
A little let down by the ep.

Poor animation aside, I think that Chief exposed her true colors a little too soon to Ginoza and co. Openly demonstrating ability to override Dominator was..anticlimatic?

Akane once again shines which cannot be said about Ginoza (though I loved his little convo with Masaoka). And that seriously explains how Ko got his hands on a firearm from OP sequence XD.
Feb 21, 2013 9:58 AM
Nov 2012
Well played Akane! You go girl! Not only did she save Shinya (or Gino for that matter, because I'm sure he wouldn't have fired), but she rubbed the whole "broken Dominator" crap right in their noses!
Also LOVED the conversation between Karanomori and Shinya!
Feb 21, 2013 10:02 AM
Aug 2011
So much love for Akane right now.

I had the biggest smile on my face after she said that paralyzer mode had to be used and that Gino's dominator was defective.
Feb 21, 2013 10:11 AM

Nov 2009
Bad animation aside (which was bad but not OMG-so-terrible-i-can't-watch), the episode was good. Provoked emotions in me but it's obviously preparation for the things to come. Holy...
4/5
Feb 21, 2013 10:12 AM
Aug 2011
I'm curious for the next episode. So that's the meaning for the opening, huh? Kougami pointing gun at Makishima & Akane pointing dorminator to Kougami.

Urobuchi, Noo!
Feb 21, 2013 10:22 AM
Jan 2013
Does anybody else get the feeling that Akane is going to kill Kogami?
Feb 21, 2013 10:37 AM

Jan 2012
Jlakay423 said:

I feel like the series has always gave that kind of idea in a non obvious way.
I felt like that idea would be officially revealed as the series progressed after they introduced the Sibyl/Dominator and Detective/Enforcer hierarchy in the first episode. Though I don't know if Akane will really kill Kogami the last episode. We'll just have to wait and see.
Feb 21, 2013 10:40 AM

Apr 2011
Jlakay423 said:

If she does this anime will fail :|
I had enough because of Kagari (he was my all time fav character and got Urobutched like this)

It's the first time I really liked Akane. well done!! (hahah the art was funny sometimes :}
Feb 21, 2013 10:43 AM

Nov 2009
Jlakay423 said:

I think this became even more obvious from the second opening.
My opinion is that it'll be sweet because of the feels xD.
Feb 21, 2013 10:45 AM

Apr 2011
Hah it's the first anime for me that makes me worried about characters, I hope everyone will stay alive *crosses fingers*closes eyes*
Feb 21, 2013 10:49 AM

Nov 2009
Hope must always die first ;) xD. Okay, i stop.
Feb 21, 2013 10:51 AM

Apr 2011
What if Urobutcher wants to fool us and Kagari will show up when everyone lost their hope?
(man I'm too desperate -___-")
Feb 21, 2013 11:43 AM

Nov 2008
You'll never walk alone... ;_;
Feb 21, 2013 11:55 AM

Jun 2012
-michira- said:
What if Urobutcher wants to fool us and Kagari will show up when everyone lost their hope?

well I'd be happy if kagari turns out to be alive but sadly i can't see that happening. kagari just doesn't seem like the character you would let show up at the last minute to save everybody, though that's just my opinion on that.

suprisingly I didn't even notice the "bad" animation OR the mistakes. maybe I should go see an eye doctor xD
Feb 21, 2013 12:20 PM

Jan 2008
-michira- said:

At this rate, Kagari is going to be the equivalent of Aerith. That's when I should start playing the drinking game.
Feb 21, 2013 12:22 PM
Dec 2012
I was wondering what this series was drawing comparisons to, now I know.

It's the same symbolism behind "Of Mice and Men" and such.

To summarize, an Old man (Candy) was forced to kill his old dog. When he couldn't do it, someone else did it for him. Later, he regretted the decision of letting someone shoot his dog instead of him shooting it himself. Later, when Lenny is on the run from being butchered, his friend George decides to kill Lenny himself, not giving the others the satisfaction of it. Instead, he takes the grief upon himself and goes about living in the system.

With that said, it seems like Akane will indefinitely have to kill Kogami, whose hue will indefinitely get muddled beyond the point of return once he kills Makishima. The opening suggests that much alone. Kogami plays the Lenny role and Akane will have to be the one to kill him before allowing those who don't understand the situation to do so.

Really good writing in this series.
Feb 21, 2013 12:25 PM

Jan 2011
The most frustrating episode so far, and the most liberating because of the last part. Hooray for old fashioned guns!

Poor Ginoza, you must be boiling inside and this is probably just the start of a rough time for you but for the first time in this show you talk like a normal person. Karanomori and Masaoka FTW! It's like their characters got an upgrade in this episode. Also Akane, whose logic outwits even cyborgs: "that Dominator is broken" lmao.
Isn't it funny, the ex-criminals playing with the cops and the cops trying to make justice prevail?

It's been a long time since a show stirred up in me such contradictory feelings. Good times are coming, I'm curios what will happen after Kogami's six days of freedom. Him walking out with the helmet was a sight to behold.
The world is the illusion of the real world.
Feb 21, 2013 12:27 PM

Apr 2011
ZeroAkito said:
-michira- said:

well I'd be happy if kagari turns out to be alive but sadly i can't see that happening. kagari just doesn't seem like the character you would let show up at the last minute to save everybody, though that's just my opinion on that.

suprisingly I didn't even notice the "bad" animation OR the mistakes. maybe I should go see an eye doctor xD

Sadly i realized it too TT___TT
Feb 21, 2013 1:12 PM

Jun 2012
The show is becoming less of a traditional sci fi property where it challenges the audience to think about the human condition and PP' themes instead being more of a straight forward thriller. Now is that a bad thing? Debatable depending on what you want out of Psycho Pass.

Necessary episode but I wish it could have been more entertaining. The only thing I'm wishing for is that these last couple of episodes don't get resolved in an expected way. I want to be surprised. That and I want someone to torture the Sybil System or her brain specifically(if that's even possible) The Chief was kind of pissing me off with her smug attitude during that confrontation. She didn't learn her lesson after getting smashed in the face with a book by Shogo I guess

Other notes-

-I would've slept with Shion Kogami and not just because Miyuki Sawashiro voices her : P
-Back to basics but what's with that crappy mini pistol? Masaoka could've left him a GLOCK or another similar gun at least X D
-Why did no one even question the Chief when she said shoot Kogami AFTER the Dominator went to lethal mode.
HybridMBLFeb 21, 2013 1:21 PM
Feb 21, 2013 1:47 PM

Oct 2012
I was expecting Kogami to meet Kagari inside the safe house.

That would have been an epic plot twist.

Maybe he's hiding under the bed? We'll find out next episode
Feb 21, 2013 1:57 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
AuronPond said:

To summarize, an Old man (Candy) was forced to kill his old dog. When he couldn't do it, someone else did it for him. Later, he regretted the decision of letting someone shoot his dog instead of him shooting it himself. Later, when Lenny is on the run from being butchered, his friend George decides to kill Lenny himself, not giving the others the satisfaction of it. Instead, he takes the grief upon himself and goes about living in the system.

With that said, it seems like Akane will indefinitely have to kill Kogami, whose hue will indefinitely get muddled beyond the point of return once he kills Makishima. The opening suggests that much alone. Kogami plays the Lenny role and Akane will have to be the one to kill him before allowing those who don't understand the situation to do so.

Oh nice connection! If Akane really does end up having to kill Shinya, I think it would be sad, but I would hate Akane if she didn't kill him. It's not because I want Shinya to die, but it's as he said, when the time comes, she must judge him based on the system she believes in. She still believes in the Sibyl system, therefore, she must go through with it to the end. Well, unless she really has a change of mind.

It's sad that Shinya realizes that justice can't be brought down by being part of the police force and that in order to protect further killing of innocent people by Makishima, he's willing to sacrifice himself for that. It's a noble cause, since if he doesn't do it, no one will. Trying to catch Makishima alice is like telling Division 1 to all go die. The chief knows how almost invincible Makishima is...=_= and still, Akane doesn't openly question this, which I find depressing. Then again, she has decided to believe in the current system, so I guess she's just acting on her beliefs. Ginoza couldn't do much either, and it must suck for Masaomi to actually tell Ginoza to the "ball," being pushed around so that he can be safe. What kind of screwed up system is that, if you can't even question the chief's actions? Obviously there's some problems with the chief being THE one person in charge (well...technically many brains).
Feb 21, 2013 1:59 PM

Aug 2011
Akane might kill Kogami. I'd die of course but she might. But note that Kogami said, 'judge me based on your beliefs'. According to the Sybil System, Kogami would have to die. But everyone knows the Sybil System is absolute shit and it's obviously going to go down in the end. I think that she can find some way of saving Kogami without having to kill him.

There are a ton of criminals now a days, even serial killers that don't die even though they've committed gruesome cries (see: Canada's most recent; Luka Magnotta). In this case, Kogami is killing Makishima because of Makishima's crimes and he wants to put a stop to them.

I think that, if Akane kills Kogami, then she's putting her beliefs in the Sybil System.

Also, I think that this is the second time I've teared up in Psycho-Pass, the other time being the thing with Shuusei.

I just can't with this. That end.

Argh. It kills me to have to wait until next week...
LaciieFeb 21, 2013 2:04 PM
Feb 21, 2013 2:10 PM

Dec 2009
The fact that no-one even cared about the Chief just makes me annoyed. That's poor writing.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Feb 21, 2013 2:18 PM

Aug 2012
Not a meh episode at all, more awesomeness from PP, what will Akane do now I wonder?

Chief got gamed by Akane this ep.
Feb 21, 2013 2:24 PM

Jan 2013
Slower episode, but for me still plenty enjoyable.

So angry that the Chief is still alive, well technically not, it's just another mechanical body, but you know what I mean. I despise her! My heart was racing when Ginoza was pointing the dominator at Kougami and the Chief changed it to lethal mode...good save Akane! I'm starting to like her even more now as she's becoming more useful to the team.

Hmm, looks like this is a turning point for Kougami as well, can't wait for next week!

-michira- said:

Oh if only that was true :P He was one of my favourite characters.
Feb 21, 2013 2:24 PM

Dec 2011
YOU NEVER WARUKUU AROONUUU
/人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Make a contract with me... /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\
Feb 21, 2013 2:35 PM
Sep 2012
The animation may not be the best, but I still enjoyed the episode for the story and character development. I didn't think that the Chief would have a replacement body ready in case something like that happened, considering just how unprepared they all were when the riots broke out. That Chief really loves cock-blocking them at every step of the way.

I also knew that switching Kougami wouldn't work out since they did the whole thing in front of those robots. The thing with the Chief psuddenly appearing and forcing Ginoza to kill Kougami just to prove his loyalty was suspenseful. Glad that Akane decided to take some initiative and shoot Kougami herself. That look that the Chief gave to Akane says it all.

Next week, renegade Kougami. Can't wait.
Feb 21, 2013 2:36 PM

Dec 2012
Nice move Akane, there was a lot of feels in this episode, I reckon Ginoza is reflecting and thats why we didn't see him afterward, he'll probably start taking charge soon unless theres a twist
Feb 21, 2013 2:41 PM

Nov 2011
Pretty good episode, even if the animation quality wasn't as great as before. I love the director for saying they plan on re-making it and even apologizing for it.
I'm kind of shocked that no one questioned the Chief when she turned the dominator into a lethal weapon, but I guess it was still interesting because Ginzo is speechless, losing his whole "cool" side and has no idea what to do. Then we have Akane come in and save the day, it's awesome to see how she went from this super nooby to someone who can just think things through like this and manage to make it all turn out alright.
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Feb 21, 2013 2:57 PM

Apr 2009
I can understand why people would apologize, there was a lot of QUALITY in this episode.
However, I still want to rage at how retarded the characters are portrayed in this anime in regards to their perception of flaws. Once you start to think about details this anime loses all its charm as it becomes apparent that urobutcher is just that - a buthcer who is really unfit to write a story within such a framework.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Feb 21, 2013 2:58 PM

Feb 2012
I expected a huge drop in quality but it wasn't that bad, rather funny.

Anyway, I don't care about Akane at all, so I couldn't get into the end of this episode, I do like though that Kougami has become a stray dog, makes things way more interesting.
Feb 21, 2013 3:03 PM
Nov 2012
I'm still surprised that nobody asked the most glaring thing on this episode: HOW THE HECK IS THE CHIEF STILL ALIVE?
Feb 21, 2013 3:04 PM

Jun 2009
First why is this old hag still alive

second nice Akane for saving Kougami

3rd never thought Ginoza would really shoot him ***totally hate him for that

4th no Makishima ;( in the hole ep and i thought he would finally would appear more

soehow the drawing and charas look diffrent other person who draws them otr what ???
Feb 21, 2013 3:08 PM
Dec 2012
If Makishima isn't a bitch and tell everyone the truth then repent his life by giving it to Akane ! This anime won't fail. I hate tragic anime and hope this isn't one or I vote a big 0 lol
Feb 21, 2013 3:10 PM
Dec 2008
GateLambda said:
I'm still surprised that nobody asked the most glaring thing on this episode: HOW THE HECK IS THE CHIEF STILL ALIVE?

Someone already stated. It's another android body. The brains are the Sibyl system. All you need to do is make another android. I think no one asked that question because it was obvious to most.
Feb 21, 2013 3:17 PM

Apr 2012
There seriously needs to be more screen time for Shion <3

shinezu said:
Poor animation aside, I think that Chief exposed her true colors a little too soon to Ginoza and co. Openly demonstrating ability to override Dominator was..anticlimatic?

True that.
Feb 21, 2013 3:17 PM
Dec 2012
tingy said:
AuronPond said:

Oh nice connection! If Akane really does end up having to kill Shinya, I think it would be sad, but I would hate Akane if she didn't kill him. It's not because I want Shinya to die, but it's as he said, when the time comes, she must judge him based on the system she believes in. She still believes in the Sibyl system, therefore, she must go through with it to the end. Well, unless she really has a change of mind.

It's sad that Shinya realizes that justice can't be brought down by being part of the police force and that in order to protect further killing of innocent people by Makishima, he's willing to sacrifice himself for that. It's a noble cause, since if he doesn't do it, no one will. Trying to catch Makishima alice is like telling Division 1 to all go die. The chief knows how almost invincible Makishima is...=_= and still, Akane doesn't openly question this, which I find depressing. Then again, she has decided to believe in the current system, so I guess she's just acting on her beliefs. Ginoza couldn't do much either, and it must suck for Masaomi to actually tell Ginoza to the "ball," being pushed around so that he can be safe. What kind of screwed up system is that, if you can't even question the chief's actions? Obviously there's some problems with the chief being THE one person in charge (well...technically many brains).

So if you play monster girl quest , you will choose to kill Alice and if you are in Alex Cross , you will put that psychopath inside the cell and he will out. And the worst part you will choose Blue pill and remain ignorant for ever. Akane will shot Makishima with Kogami gun that's what i expected of this show with her own freewill. (No offence plz take word "you" as some exemple of situation according to someone with same opinion -Akane must kill shinya)

This show is liberty-negative it's not about doing what you believe or justice but doing what is right even if it will cost everything you have. I can only said Akane would be insane to shoot Shinya , because she will do the fuking same thing over and over again and expecting to change . That's not gonna happen = Bad End for her
pokpokzaFeb 21, 2013 3:21 PM
Feb 21, 2013 3:24 PM
Aug 2012
Guys, the chief is also part of the sibiyl system she can control the droids even the dominator

As for Akane, ill probably bet she'll become the next chief because of her characteristics is possible as the previous episode explained
Feb 21, 2013 3:39 PM

Jul 2011
Would I look like a crybaby if I say that Akane reading the letter almost made me cry?

Also, the director was really right in apologizing. Almost every scene in this episode is wrong in some way. I know this will sound like nitpicking, but I had a hard time concentrating on the plot. I think I'll even try to rewatch it later.

"Like this too we met in a dirty and ugly world; Thank you for this miracle."
Feb 21, 2013 3:46 PM

Jan 2012
Quick thinking on Akane part. She was pretty cool this time.

Feb 21, 2013 4:00 PM

Jun 2009
cladinpink said:
There seriously needs to be more screen time for Shion <3

That's what I've been telling people since episode 2.....
Feb 21, 2013 4:04 PM

Aug 2012
I really doubt Akane will kill Kougami in the end its too predictable.

Besides I just don't see her being that strong.
Feb 21, 2013 4:27 PM
Aug 2012
Hahahah this fucking episode. IG get your stuff together
Feb 21, 2013 4:39 PM
Oct 2010
aww shit hes about to be firin lead
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Feb 21, 2013 4:44 PM

Feb 2011
The animation really bugged me, however I'm in no position to complain. It's nice to hear that it'll be redone and they even apologized, how cute.

The chameleon seen in the background during the scenes in the bureau was just one of Kagaris toys, which are still lying everywhere around his workplace. I miss him so much already...

It's true that Urobochi is known for killing off his characters rather brutally. But on the other hand I don't think that he'll be doing the obvious route. Remember how everyone thought that Masaoka would die first after the father/son reconciliation thing? Yeah, he's still alive and well. From my experiences with his other works I think that something unexpected is going to happen. And Akane killing Shinya would be everything else than unexpected.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2013

928 by EndSh0t »»
Yesterday, 6:11 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2013

329 by Saww_Duss »»
Apr 22, 3:30 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

352 by The_Black_B3ast »»
Mar 4, 2:49 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2013

288 by The_Black_B3ast »»
Mar 2, 9:03 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2013

373 by The_Black_B3ast »»
Feb 29, 3:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.