MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Director of Psycho-Pass Apologizes for Poor Quality of Episode 18
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» News Discussion »» Director of Psycho-Pass Apologizes for Poor Quality of Episode 18

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
02-21-13, 4:56 PM

Didn't feel that bad for me... Atleast until near the end.

Lryuzaki said:

Dang what the heck is wrong his nose?
Espadas will always be the best!

I don't want to sound cynical, because I like this show and think it's put together pretty soundly. There have been some goofy scenes from time to time, but I think some of us are blowing things a little bit out of proportion. That being said, I still have to admit I've been wary of the visual quality myself since the second or third episode.

02-21-13, 4:57 PM

I won't watch this until they fixed this mess

02-21-13, 5:01 PM

Thankfully there wasn't any action this ep.

Quality was definitely spotty at times.

02-21-13, 5:21 PM

GoldenBRS said:
I won't watch this until they fixed this mess

It's not even that bad. Some of the faces are off-model, but it's certainly a watchable episode.

02-21-13, 5:25 PM

If he knew it was inferior before the release, then why did he release it?
That's like a chef knowing he's preparing a mediocre dish, but he serves it anyway. Apologizing to the customer is too little, too late when they've already eaten the crappy meal.

02-21-13, 5:40 PM

The content made up for the bad animation imho. At least the fact that they're redoing it shows they have some standards.

02-21-13, 6:04 PM

Saudades said:
They should fix episode 17 too. Some faces in that looked horrendous.

now that you've mentioned it. yes it was horrible. but they made up with the story so it was forgivable.

anyways, as for episode 18, if they remain the quality of the plot then its forgivable. we've overlooked 17 so 18 would be fine...i guess
"..Hibari Kyoya is L.O.V.E..."

.. Wanna ask me something? Clicky HERE~!

02-21-13, 6:16 PM

at least it's still watchable and not as bad as Magi's latest episodes.

02-21-13, 6:24 PM

Didn't think the animation was all that terrible. Still, I definitely appreciate their acknowledgement about the quality. It shows they really care about the product.

02-21-13, 6:48 PM

Don't forget all of the points at which mouths moved too early or too late and no sound came out. See when Shinya was calling out how fishy the case was as well as when Masaoka was talking with Shinya towards the end of the episode.
(Also known on other places as Hiss13)

All hail the adorable chess master!

02-21-13, 6:55 PM

Waiting for the Blu-ray version is always an option. But I think the episode is watchable anyways.

02-21-13, 7:00 PM

They should apologize for all episodes.
Just leave complainers alone.

02-21-13, 7:47 PM

Villetta_Nu said:
If he knew it was inferior before the release, then why did he release it?
That's like a chef knowing he's preparing a mediocre dish, but he serves it anyway. Apologizing to the customer is too little, too late when they've already eaten the crappy meal.
I guess you never know the pressure when your sponsors are breathing fire behind your neck. The TV channel has the time slot already prepared for the show and sponsors made the commitment for ads, and you told them you could not release anything. Using your example, a customer booked a dinner at a certain time and the time could not be changed without much inconvenience, and the chef found that for whatever reason (out of time etc) could not serve the food in a quality that is good in his view (and probably in customer's view too). What can the chef do?? Not serving anything is probably worse than at least serving something.

It took a lot of guts and courage to really hold back from airing anything at all. This is why a lot of fans are equally impressed and concerned with director Mizushima when he postponed the broadcast of Girls und Panzer. Fans are genuinely worried about the impact to his reputation (and the studio's) in the industry. And he might have his hands forced if the work was indeed far from complete, and he might be able to get away with it easier because GnP was the most popular show of the season so fans are willing to wait instead of dropping the show.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.

02-21-13, 8:08 PM

02-21-13, 8:35 PM

Wow, that's surprising.

02-21-13, 9:42 PM

Holy shit, I didn't think it was going to be that bad.

02-21-13, 11:03 PM

let face it make a romance or slice of life not the same at makeing 1st class action anime
you know i think it better to have same of the anime in bi-monthly to keep the qlty up
or make it first then show it
the weekle way of makeing anime killing it the time just so tie

no wonder there not mach action anime these days
2014 watch list
Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei // Tekkaman Blade // Monster
LOTGH // Phi Brain 1-2-3 // Sword Art Online
Hajime no Ippo // Horizon In The Middle of Nowhere
Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex 1+2+Ms
Bubblegum Crisis

i know my English so bad, but i try my best
it is my 2nd language after all

02-21-13, 11:05 PM

In the scene where kougami sits down with pops, he comes in without his black jacket, magically has it on for a shot, and then off again.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices