Forum Settings
Forums

Director of Psycho-Pass Apologizes for Poor Quality of Episode 18

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Feb 23, 2013 7:50 AM

Apr 2010
lobe said:
I dont like the reboot of HxH because of how kiddy the show is. Also I just generally dont like the characters. If you go and watch the original series it was much darker. I actually liked the original version better.

The only thing "Darker" is the color palette.

Feb 23, 2013 9:36 AM

Jun 2012
nah,it was awesome,makishima is a genious
lol
Feb 23, 2013 3:04 PM

Nov 2011
I read the news on the site of reference in Italian, but for completeness I want express my opinion here since I read first on MAL. Tsk! Apologize too easy with a simple tweet, they had to make amends by sending someone from the production to be devoured by the angry comments of users via a press conference.
Feb 23, 2013 8:04 PM

Jan 2010
At 10:42 for Commie-sub, Ginoza teleported forward.

This episode quality is so bad that I was laughing the whole time
Feb 24, 2013 3:00 AM

Jan 2010
This crappy animation reminds me of Shinsekai Yori and Deadman Wonderland, though they had a pretty earthquaky reason to explain the flaws in Deadman (despite the fact that the show itself was a piece of poo).

Anyway, look forward to ep19.
hate capital letters.
deal with it.
Feb 24, 2013 10:18 AM

Feb 2009
Even if ep. 18 had bad artwork this show is still the best right now.
Feb 24, 2013 8:26 PM

Jul 2010
did notice something wrong this episode. and episode 17 as well in regards to their faces. but its gonna be fixed in the DB anyway

Feb 24, 2013 10:56 PM

Nov 2012
supermegasonic said:
did notice something wrong this episode. and episode 17 as well in regards to their faces. but its gonna be fixed in the DB anyway

forgive my ignorance, but what's a DB? (DVD/Bluray?)

By "incomplete" did they mean there was plot missing or just the derpy animation? The animation was noticeably sub par in eps 17-18...
Feb 24, 2013 11:15 PM

Nov 2007
SleepyBear said:
supermegasonic said:

By "incomplete" did they mean there was plot missing or just the derpy animation? The animation was noticeably sub par in eps 17-18...

He probably means BD (Blu-Ray Disc) instead of DB.

I would assume "incomplete" means that they cut corners in the animation due to possible time constraints or budget constraints, just to get the episode out in time of the airing on Friday morning. The result is the inconsistencies in animation during ep17 and more so in ep18.
The News Club: Quality News/Discussion (anime, CDs, manga, novels, games, seiyuu), & sales data (daily, weekly, mid-year, yearly).
Feb 24, 2013 11:23 PM

Mar 2012
He should have apologized for the poor quality of the whole show.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Feb 24, 2013 11:25 PM

Sep 2012
Post-Josh said:
He should have apologized for the poor quality of the whole show.
Why not for the "poor quality" of the whole anime industry, which I guess is what you really want?
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Feb 24, 2013 11:27 PM

Mar 2012
Haha, what?
LoneWolf said:
Feb 24, 2013 11:30 PM

Sep 2012
Post-Josh said:
Haha, what?
If this show has poor quality, may I ask what do you think of the quality of other shows this season or in the recent seasons?
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Feb 24, 2013 11:37 PM

Mar 2012
Well I didn't read the OP until just now, so I didn't know it was about animation quality, lol. It does have pretty great animation, from what I recall.
LoneWolf said:
Feb 25, 2013 11:36 AM

Jul 2010
Ejc said:
SleepyBear said:
supermegasonic said:

He probably means BD (Blu-Ray Disc) instead of DB.

I would assume "incomplete" means that they cut corners in the animation due to possible time constraints or budget constraints, just to get the episode out in time of the airing on Friday morning. The result is the inconsistencies in animation during ep17 and more so in ep18.

crap, sorry, i meant BD, thats you would write in referring to Blu-ray/DVD.

symbv said:
Post-Josh said:
Haha, what?
If this show has poor quality, may I ask what do you think of the quality of other shows this season or in the recent seasons?

better to ask this in another thread, i can guarantee nothing good will come out of this here

Feb 25, 2013 7:01 PM

Jul 2010
No wonder it looked like that ,I thought it was the YouTube channel.
Apology accepted
Feb 26, 2013 9:32 PM

Sep 2008
The one thing I don't understand is why are the production staffs have so much time on changing the opening and ending scene and yet so little time to fix on the episode 18?
Feb 26, 2013 10:10 PM

Apr 2011
ShoutaAzuma said:
The one thing I don't understand is why are the production staffs have so much time on changing the opening and ending scene and yet so little time to fix on the episode 18?

Because that would just make too much sense
Feb 27, 2013 7:13 AM
Jun 2009
ShoutaAzuma said:

They usually have different people working on different parts of the show, hence the unit director. Sometimes it really is just a matter of poor scheduling and quality control.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» 'Black★★Rock Shooter: Dawn Fall' Reveals Additional Cast, First Promo

DatRandomDude - Feb 11, 2022

11 by nisafitri »»
3 hours ago

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
Yesterday, 3:41 PM

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 1:40 PM

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
Yesterday, 12:19 PM

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

1 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 11:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.