Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 20, 2013 8:44 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol this episode @ the temple. Oh the discoveries.
Stark700Feb 20, 2013 8:57 AM
Feb 20, 2013 8:56 AM
Dec 2012
Charming and decent episode as always. They went to Mt. Takao? They have guts. I just googled the mountain. Wow it's so high....not.
Feb 20, 2013 10:04 AM

Dec 2009
This show is so cute. Now I want to visit Mt. Takao.

Wished we could see more of the climbing, but it's so short, so it's understandable...
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Feb 20, 2013 11:56 AM

Jul 2012
Ahhhh these girls are so moe.
Feb 20, 2013 11:57 AM

Dec 2011
This brings back memories. When I was little I always used to want to rush off when hillwalking, and my grandpa always used to tell me to slow down and keep a consistent pace, just like Hinata told Aoi to.

Of course, nowadays I can keep up the faster pace for hours on end, and my grandpa, while very fit for his age, is too old to do more than the start of climbs with the rest of us.

Ah, I guess other people don't care about that but this series is full of little things that I can associate with, or that trigger little memories like that. It's the main thing that makes it enjoyable to me.

I wonder if I should show it to my parents when it's finished...
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Feb 20, 2013 1:48 PM

Nov 2012
Another cute episode.I really wish I could go hiking up Mt. Takao too but unfortunately I don't live in Japan T_T.

Feb 20, 2013 3:28 PM

Feb 2012
Yeah she is right, you need to take it easy and slow down, keep the straight pace.

Nice episode.
Feb 20, 2013 4:09 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
If I ever go back (kicking around the idea of taking my son some day) I may make that one of the places I visit, though it sounds crowded.
Feb 20, 2013 6:34 PM

Sep 2012
I have been to Mt. Takao many many times (it is so close and convenient to go from Tokyo) and I can tell you that they did a great job to recreate the look and feel of the mountain.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Feb 20, 2013 7:08 PM

Jan 2013
Nice, not much to say about it
Feb 20, 2013 7:48 PM

May 2010
Now I really want to go Mountain Climbing. >:D
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Feb 20, 2013 8:00 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
symbv said:
I have been to Mt. Takao many many times (it is so close and convenient to go from Tokyo) and I can tell you that they did a great job to recreate the look and feel of the mountain.

Really? That's nice to know :) Now I really want to go to Mt. Takao...well first, I have to get to Japan T_T

Fun episode! I think the keeping a moderate pace is something everyone should know, it's just like running long distance. Aoi doesn't seem to know much, but it's okay since she's still learning. It's a little unfortunate that she's worrying about giving Hinata the keychain instead of fully taking in the experience of mountain climbing. Then again, it shows Aoi's personality really well, that she still worries a lot about being outgoing and having trouble with communication. ^^
Feb 20, 2013 8:10 PM

Sep 2012
tingy said:
symbv said:

Really? That's nice to know :)
To help all those curious watchers who want to know more about Mt. Takao, check the English website of Mt. Takao
http://www.takaotozan.co.jp/takaotozan_eng1/index2.htm

You can check the hiking trail information there. Mt. Takao is fun because there are quite a number of trails to go to the top and for people who really want something more demanding, you can even keep hiking to deeper and higher mountains from the peak of Mt. Takao.

The trail that Aoi and Hinata went is the most standard path, which is Trail No.1
You can check this trail here:
http://www.takaotozan.co.jp/takaotozan_eng1/course/course01.htm#h3_01

Also from the flowers shown in this episode, I can tell their hike happened in June or early July.
symbvFeb 20, 2013 8:26 PM

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Feb 20, 2013 9:03 PM
Sep 2012
symbv said:
tingy said:
symbv said:

Really? That's nice to know :)
To help all those curious watchers who want to know more about Mt. Takao, check the English website of Mt. Takao
http://www.takaotozan.co.jp/takaotozan_eng1/index2.htm

You can check the hiking trail information there. Mt. Takao is fun because there are quite a number of trails to go to the top and for people who really want something more demanding, you can even keep hiking to deeper and higher mountains from the peak of Mt. Takao.

The trail that Aoi and Hinata went is the most standard path, which is Trail No.1
You can check this trail here:
http://www.takaotozan.co.jp/takaotozan_eng1/course/course01.htm#h3_01

Also from the flowers shown in this episode, I can tell their hike happened in June or early July.
Aww. Those trails look fun to hike through. Too bad that I can't go there. I wonder how long it would take the average person to hike through that trail Aoi and Hinata went through.
Feb 20, 2013 9:14 PM

Sep 2012
AiCon said:
Aww. Those trails look fun to hike through. Too bad that I can't go there. I wonder how long it would take the average person to hike through that trail Aoi and Hinata went through.
If you scroll down to the page in my link http://www.takaotozan.co.jp/takaotozan_eng1/course/course01.htm#h3_01 you should find the information. And let me quote it here:

Trail 1 (Omotesando Trail)
Trail Length 3.8 km
Ascent time (from the cable car station to summit) 100 min
Ascent time (from St.Takaosan to summit) 40 to 50 min
Ascent time (from lift station to summit) 50 to 60 min
Descent time (down to Kyotaki Station on foot) 90 min

Feb 20, 2013 9:16 PM
Sep 2012
symbv said:
AiCon said:
If you scroll down to the page in my link http://www.takaotozan.co.jp/takaotozan_eng1/course/course01.htm#h3_01 you should find the information. And let me quote it here:

Trail 1 (Omotesando Trail)
Trail Length 3.8 km
Ascent time (from the cable car station to summit) 100 min
Ascent time (from St.Takaosan to summit) 40 to 50 min
Ascent time (from lift station to summit) 50 to 60 min
Descent time (down to Kyotaki Station on foot) 90 min
Oh, thanks symbv. I should be able to get through a few paths if I were to start in the morning.
Feb 21, 2013 12:46 AM

Sep 2012
The last scene is so cute!! :3
Feb 21, 2013 2:52 AM

May 2010
Watashi no baka.><
Feb 21, 2013 6:49 AM

Apr 2010
It looked surprisingly busy at the mountain Takao must be a popular mountain with so many people around the comments here prove they same tho.
Aoi rushing up the mountain was funny just like a small child in a hurry to get to the top reminds me of when i was young when i went to a mountain in France with my parents.
Feb 21, 2013 6:54 AM

Sep 2012
Aversa said:
It looked surprisingly busy at the mountain Takao must be a popular mountain with so many people around the comments here prove they same tho.
Actually the anime already made it far less busy than it really is. If you go on a weekend, the area near the top can be packed full of people!

Feb 27, 2013 5:42 PM

Nov 2007
Easily reached the goal and the new girl appearing.

Interesting that they need to greet everyone.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 7, 2013 1:07 AM

Dec 2010
Aoi is so moe. Hinata is awesome.
Oct 2, 2013 5:29 PM

Jun 2013
Adorable episode as always! :)
Dec 16, 2013 9:06 AM
Jul 2013
* Undecided deliver the gift * Baaaaaka.
Aug 26, 2014 4:39 PM

May 2012
Fun episode, let's see what happens next!
Aug 29, 2014 3:33 AM

Oct 2013
haha another cute ep
[/quote]
Sep 20, 2014 2:19 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
The scenery was pretty nice, and the trail looks like it's a piece of cake. I'm kind of like Aoi, the times I've gone hiking I've rushed as soon as I started since I wanted to get up the place quick.

Feb 13, 2015 8:20 AM

Jan 2013
I loved the ending.
Aug 2, 2016 8:56 AM

Dec 2008
This episode reminded me when I used to walk trails in the forests with the family when growing up. They were a lot of fun yet tiresome because I would start rushing in the beginning and then get tired halfway through, like what Aoi did ^_^"
Jul 23, 2019 4:38 PM
Apr 2016
Gotta gather courage to give the gift
Sep 30, 2019 10:02 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Yeah the first trip, that's was a great episode.
Feb 11, 2021 9:30 AM

Aug 2018
That's actually sweet that Aoi decided to buy little present for Hinata.. Aoi just has natural skills for friendship like that at times.. ;P Well, with how she helped Kaede in choosing earlier, just making it look easy.. When it's not always is, not everyone will come up with words for Kaede she came up, as well as not everyone will come up with present idea to Hinata..
Oct 15, 2022 10:31 PM

Oct 2018
The director is really interested in the photography aspect so makes sense the recreations are great ^^
Nov 9, 2022 1:17 PM

Nov 2018
Poor Aoi! I totally feel her! Why do such simple gestures become so difficult for some people to make?
"The me today will not ever make the future me to regret!"
(Emily Adachi from Air Gear: Kuro no Hane to Nemuri no Mori - Break on the Sky)

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yama no Susume Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2013

37 by Shrimp_Tail »»
Dec 5, 2022 4:12 PM

Poll: » Yama no Susume Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 6, 2013

37 by KonokoAsada »»
Nov 9, 2022 12:53 PM

Poll: » Yama no Susume Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Jan 9, 2013

52 by KonokoAsada »»
Nov 5, 2022 3:16 PM

Poll: » Yama no Susume Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2013

74 by Etherius_ZS »»
Oct 20, 2022 5:52 AM

Poll: » Yama no Susume Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 13, 2013

35 by Etherius_ZS »»
Oct 15, 2022 11:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.