MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Japan's Weekly Blu-ray & CD Rankings for February 11 - 17
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» News Discussion »» Japan's Weekly Blu-ray & CD Rankings for February 11 - 17

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
02-19-13, 5:25 AM

Shinsekai Yori will never shine with DVD/BD sale but the show in my heart is a crystal diamond.
"A Legend is just a tale of a beautiful lie." - Lene Starfear

02-19-13, 5:30 AM

Roloko said:

Btooom!'s anime adaption must have sucked compared to the manga if it has only 300 in DVD sales. Only thing that was nice was the art/animation, that psycho kid's character I think his name was Kira or something, and the opening cause of Nano the rest was just average imo.

even the manga's sales was somewhere around average, if that's what your talking about.

02-19-13, 5:36 AM

Hoping Btoom starts picking up in sales, i don't want to watch it with the current cliffhangerness it has.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

02-19-13, 5:44 AM

Roloko said:

Btooom!'s anime adaption must have sucked compared to the manga if it has only 300 in DVD sales. Only thing that was nice was the art/animation, that psycho kid's character I think his name was Kira or something, and the opening cause of Nano the rest was just average imo.

No, it was a good adaptation overall.

02-19-13, 6:21 AM

I'm starting to want GirlPan to go over 30k.
Check out our new Simul Watch CLUB and join if you're interested!

If Death Note is "chess", LotGH is "3D Chess." - lisnoire
Code Geass would be Rock-Paper-Scissors in this analogy.
Guilty Crown? - Go Fish!

02-19-13, 6:48 AM

Zhou said:
Roloko said:

No, it was a good adaptation overall.

The manga is excellent and the anime adaptation is very good. I import both and buy Bunch magazine as I am impatient...

Seinen fight anime, survival stuff just doesn't sell well. Might have been too violent and ecchi for some, not enough for others as the manga goes further past what they do in the anime.

My main hope for BTOOOM! Season 2 is that Bunch doesn't have anything else at the moment. Enough, i don't know for some cross media advertising.

02-19-13, 7:26 AM

Pretty slow week.

GnP is still showing up on theses lists after 9 weeks. Jeez, that's crazy.

02-19-13, 7:27 AM

hpulley said:
Niko-kun said:
<3 that giddy feeling when anime you love are selling in Japan.

The feeling you get from importing it yourself and seeing your buys helping the sales numbers is even better... Not to mention holding it in your hands, enjoying the artwork, music, animation, appreciating the hard work that went into it.

Nice to see someone else who imports!

02-19-13, 7:37 AM

I guess I was very unaware, I didn't know Magi was selling so good. I was afraid to pick that up again (I watched until episode 5) and meet an incomplete ending (since the manga is still ongoing), but seems like the chances of a new season now are high. I'll probably restart watching during Spring or Summer season.

_liliput said:
Yearly average sales
(冬) *6,357 Aquarion EVOL

I'm kinda sad for that, it could sell way more - EVOL is f**king glorious campy stuff. I guess is just what happens when you piss off the fanbase of the original series (I still need to watch Sousei no Aquarion to understand what was the big deal with EVOL plottwists), but I'm not sure.

Siva said:
Shinsekai Yori will never shine with DVD/BD sale but the show in my heart is a crystal diamond.

Yeah, this anime is really good.
Modified by Mary_Vanucchi, 02-19-13, 7:41 AM
[IMG]http://cdn.myanimelist.net/signature/Mary_Vanucchi.png[/IMG]
"Like this too we met in a dirty and ugly world; Thank you for this miracle."

02-19-13, 7:53 AM

Suzie said:
hpulley said:
Niko-kun said:
<3 that giddy feeling when anime you love are selling in Japan.

The feeling you get from importing it yourself and seeing your buys helping the sales numbers is even better... Not to mention holding it in your hands, enjoying the artwork, music, animation, appreciating the hard work that went into it.

Nice to see someone else who imports!

Indeed it is great to see more of the import crowd here! We don't just watch the sales numbers, we help to increase them!

02-19-13, 8:07 AM

A fairly quiet week indeed.

The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein

02-19-13, 8:09 AM

symbv said:
Natsu12345 said:
Little Buster still sells better than Sakurasou despite the low investment
It is hard to tell how much investment was put in Sakurasou compared to Little Buster. Do you have any hard evidence that the investment in Little Buster is low?

Common sense. Anyone can tell that the budget for Sakurasou is far higher. Little Busters has some of the worst animation of the season, along with QUALITY everywhere.. which isn't excusable for such a big property.

02-19-13, 8:14 AM

RyanSaotome said:
Common sense. Anyone can tell that the budget for Sakurasou is far higher.
In what way? Many said the awesome animation in Nobuna must mean it uses a very big budget, but it turned out that in number of cuts and more expensive key animation drawings, it uses fewer number than even Saki Achiga-hen. So unless you provide some good evidence why Sakurasou has "far higher" budget than Little Busters, just saying it is common sense just does not cut it, I am afraid. And bear in mind that animation quality difference does not always translate proportionally to budget difference. (then there is the question of whether Little Busters really has "some of the worst" animation among all >30 series running in this season, which is of course debatable)
Modified by symbv, 02-19-13, 8:24 AM
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.

02-19-13, 8:22 AM

This thread is proof that Sword Art Online is the best anime ever made.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

02-19-13, 8:38 AM

I'm watching over 30 current shows, so I'm pretty confident in saying it has some of the worst animation of any of those shows. (Well, of any that actually try so I'm not counting flash stuff like Osaka Mama)

And you can try to defend it all you want, but the animation quality is probably the biggest issue with Little Busters... if it had more budget, it could have truly been something special. Theres more than enough examples of crappy budget like the 2 frames of animation when Rin was playing with cats early on, to quite a few times when characters don't even blink for long periods of time while talking. But just half assing it since they knew it would sell regardless is what happened.
Modified by RyanSaotome, 02-19-13, 8:42 AM

02-19-13, 8:38 AM

Anyone know if A-1 Pictures fixes up animation blunders for their Blu-ray releases? And if so, how much?

02-19-13, 8:47 AM

Animation is only part of an overall budget. Even if Sakurasou did turn out to have a higher animation budget (as opposed to just more efficient/skilled animators) Little Busters could still be more expensive to produce thanks to marketing or television broadcast fees (it's airing on nine to Sakurasou's eight), or whatever else. We don't really know.

Mary_Vanucchi said:
I'm kinda sad for that, it could sell way more - EVOL is f**king glorious campy stuff. I guess is just what happens when you piss off the fanbase of the original series (I still need to watch Sousei no Aquarion to understand what was the big deal with EVOL plottwists), but I'm not sure.

At 6.3k Evol sells more than double the original Aquarion anime (2.8k) so I don't know how many (disc-buying) fans there were to piss off in the first place. Even if they did, they must have made up for it with new fans.
Anime sales website at http://www.someanithing.com/

02-19-13, 8:48 AM
Forum Moderator
Mary_Vanucchi said:

EVOL is an abomination of compared to the original, and the plot twist is just a small complaint among other deficiencies.

02-19-13, 8:56 AM

jmal said:

Mary_Vanucchi said:

At 6.3k Evol sells more than double the original Aquarion anime (2.8k) so I don't know how many (disc-buying) fans there were to piss off in the first place. Even if they did, they must have made up for it with new fans.

Wow, I didn't know Sousei sold so bad. This just made me more impressed that Satelight and Kawamori could make this sequel (though it was obviously aiming at new fans too).

If I remember well, EVOL first volume sold around 8k and the final volumes dropped a bit, so I thought that was because of the plottwists that, according to some fans, were a bit contradictory compared to the revelations from Sousei. I saw a lot of rage from Aquarion fanbase towards EVOL when the last episodes were airing.

ThangLong said:
Mary_Vanucchi said:

EVOL is an abomination of compared to the original, and the plot twist is just a small complaint among other deficiencies.

Well, as someone that don't know Sousei, I quite enjoyed that mess. I couldn't really take too seriously the epic plot and the finale had some inconsistences, but the characters and all the LOVE IS GLORIOUS themes were over-the-top and honest enough to make it entertaining for me.
Modified by Mary_Vanucchi, 02-19-13, 9:00 AM
[IMG]http://cdn.myanimelist.net/signature/Mary_Vanucchi.png[/IMG]
"Like this too we met in a dirty and ugly world; Thank you for this miracle."

02-19-13, 9:08 AM

The salesnumbers off Tonari no Totoro are an anime company's wetdream haha

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices