Forum Settings
Forums

Japan's Weekly Blu-ray & CD Rankings for February 11 - 17

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 19, 2013 5:30 AM

Sep 2011
Roloko said:

Btooom!'s anime adaption must have sucked compared to the manga if it has only 300 in DVD sales. Only thing that was nice was the art/animation, that psycho kid's character I think his name was Kira or something, and the opening cause of Nano the rest was just average imo.

even the manga's sales was somewhere around average, if that's what your talking about.
Feb 19, 2013 5:36 AM

Jan 2013
Hoping Btoom starts picking up in sales, i don't want to watch it with the current cliffhangerness it has.
Feb 19, 2013 5:44 AM

Feb 2012
Roloko said:

Btooom!'s anime adaption must have sucked compared to the manga if it has only 300 in DVD sales. Only thing that was nice was the art/animation, that psycho kid's character I think his name was Kira or something, and the opening cause of Nano the rest was just average imo.

No, it was a good adaptation overall.
Feb 19, 2013 6:21 AM

Feb 2010
I'm starting to want GirlPan to go over 30k.
I probably regret this post by now.
Feb 19, 2013 6:48 AM

Sep 2012
Zhou said:
Roloko said:

No, it was a good adaptation overall.

The manga is excellent and the anime adaptation is very good. I import both and buy Bunch magazine as I am impatient...

Seinen fight anime, survival stuff just doesn't sell well. Might have been too violent and ecchi for some, not enough for others as the manga goes further past what they do in the anime.

My main hope for BTOOOM! Season 2 is that Bunch doesn't have anything else at the moment. Enough, i don't know for some cross media advertising.
Feb 19, 2013 7:26 AM

Feb 2012
Pretty slow week.

GnP is still showing up on theses lists after 9 weeks. Jeez, that's crazy.
Feb 19, 2013 7:27 AM
Oct 2009
hpulley said:
Niko-kun said:
<3 that giddy feeling when anime you love are selling in Japan.

The feeling you get from importing it yourself and seeing your buys helping the sales numbers is even better... Not to mention holding it in your hands, enjoying the artwork, music, animation, appreciating the hard work that went into it.

Nice to see someone else who imports!
Feb 19, 2013 7:37 AM

Jul 2011
I guess I was very unaware, I didn't know Magi was selling so good. I was afraid to pick that up again (I watched until episode 5) and meet an incomplete ending (since the manga is still ongoing), but seems like the chances of a new season now are high. I'll probably restart watching during Spring or Summer season.

_liliput said:
Yearly average sales
(冬) *6,357 Aquarion EVOL

I'm kinda sad for that, it could sell way more - EVOL is f**king glorious campy stuff. I guess is just what happens when you piss off the fanbase of the original series (I still need to watch Sousei no Aquarion to understand what was the big deal with EVOL plottwists), but I'm not sure.

Siva said:
Shinsekai Yori will never shine with DVD/BD sale but the show in my heart is a crystal diamond.

Yeah, this anime is really good.
MiyamorisFeb 19, 2013 7:41 AM

"Like this too we met in a dirty and ugly world; Thank you for this miracle."
Feb 19, 2013 7:53 AM

Sep 2012
Suzie said:
hpulley said:
Niko-kun said:
<3 that giddy feeling when anime you love are selling in Japan.

The feeling you get from importing it yourself and seeing your buys helping the sales numbers is even better... Not to mention holding it in your hands, enjoying the artwork, music, animation, appreciating the hard work that went into it.

Nice to see someone else who imports!

Indeed it is great to see more of the import crowd here! We don't just watch the sales numbers, we help to increase them!
Feb 19, 2013 8:07 AM
Feb 2012
A fairly quiet week indeed.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Feb 19, 2013 8:09 AM

Apr 2010
symbv said:
Natsu12345 said:
Little Buster still sells better than Sakurasou despite the low investment
It is hard to tell how much investment was put in Sakurasou compared to Little Buster. Do you have any hard evidence that the investment in Little Buster is low?

Common sense. Anyone can tell that the budget for Sakurasou is far higher. Little Busters has some of the worst animation of the season, along with QUALITY everywhere.. which isn't excusable for such a big property.

Feb 19, 2013 8:14 AM

Sep 2012
RyanSaotome said:
Common sense. Anyone can tell that the budget for Sakurasou is far higher.
In what way? Many said the awesome animation in Nobuna must mean it uses a very big budget, but it turned out that in number of cuts and more expensive key animation drawings, it uses fewer number than even Saki Achiga-hen. So unless you provide some good evidence why Sakurasou has "far higher" budget than Little Busters, just saying it is common sense just does not cut it, I am afraid. And bear in mind that animation quality difference does not always translate proportionally to budget difference. (then there is the question of whether Little Busters really has "some of the worst" animation among all >30 series running in this season, which is of course debatable)
symbvFeb 19, 2013 8:24 AM
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Feb 19, 2013 8:22 AM

Jan 2013
This thread is proof that Sword Art Online is the best anime ever made.
Feb 19, 2013 8:38 AM

Apr 2010
I'm watching over 30 current shows, so I'm pretty confident in saying it has some of the worst animation of any of those shows. (Well, of any that actually try so I'm not counting flash stuff like Osaka Mama)

And you can try to defend it all you want, but the animation quality is probably the biggest issue with Little Busters... if it had more budget, it could have truly been something special. Theres more than enough examples of crappy budget like the 2 frames of animation when Rin was playing with cats early on, to quite a few times when characters don't even blink for long periods of time while talking. But just half assing it since they knew it would sell regardless is what happened.
RyanSaotomeFeb 19, 2013 8:42 AM

Feb 19, 2013 8:38 AM

Aug 2011
Anyone know if A-1 Pictures fixes up animation blunders for their Blu-ray releases? And if so, how much?
Feb 19, 2013 8:48 AM

Dec 2012
Mary_Vanucchi said:

I'm kinda sad for that, it could sell way more - EVOL is f**king glorious campy stuff. I guess is just what happens when you piss off the fanbase of the original series (I still need to watch Sousei no Aquarion to understand what was the big deal with EVOL plottwists), but I'm not sure.

EVOL is an abomination of compared to the original, and the plot twist is just a small complaint among other deficiencies.
Feb 19, 2013 8:56 AM

Jul 2011
jmal said:

Mary_Vanucchi said:

At 6.3k Evol sells more than double the original Aquarion anime (2.8k) so I don't know how many (disc-buying) fans there were to piss off in the first place. Even if they did, they must have made up for it with new fans.

Wow, I didn't know Sousei sold so bad. This just made me more impressed that Satelight and Kawamori could make this sequel (though it was obviously aiming at new fans too).

If I remember well, EVOL first volume sold around 8k and the final volumes dropped a bit, so I thought that was because of the plottwists that, according to some fans, were a bit contradictory compared to the revelations from Sousei. I saw a lot of rage from Aquarion fanbase towards EVOL when the last episodes were airing.

ThangLong said:
Mary_Vanucchi said:

EVOL is an abomination of compared to the original, and the plot twist is just a small complaint among other deficiencies.

Well, as someone that don't know Sousei, I quite enjoyed that mess. I couldn't really take too seriously the epic plot and the finale had some inconsistences, but the characters and all the LOVE IS GLORIOUS themes were over-the-top and honest enough to make it entertaining for me.
MiyamorisFeb 19, 2013 9:00 AM

Feb 19, 2013 9:08 AM

Oct 2011
The salesnumbers off Tonari no Totoro are an anime company's wetdream haha
Feb 19, 2013 9:09 AM

Nov 2012
Mary_Vanucchi said:

I wonder if showing up in a Super Robot Wars game would give EVOL a nice sales boost. It probably won't happen this year, though.

symbv said:
For the coming week, the competition is going to be extremely brutal. This is a partial list of discs that will be released this week and I think it should cover all the titles that are remotely likely to chart:

GirlPan v2
JoJo v2

Funny how the two frontrunners of Fall 2012 are releasing volume 2 on the same day.

I wonder if GuP Vol 2 is going to outrun its logistics train have supply issues like the last one. It'll do well in the long run, though. Episode 3 is when the series truly starts to rock.
Feb 19, 2013 9:15 AM

Jul 2011
jmal said:
Mary_Vanucchi said:
If I remember well, EVOL first volume sold around 8k and the final volumes dropped a bit, so I thought that was because of the plottwists that, according to some fans, were a bit contradictory compared to the revelations from Sousei. I saw a lot of rage from Aquarion fanbase towards EVOL when the last episodes were airing.

It did drop from the first two volumes, but they also had event ticket applications and Vol. 1 was slightly cheaper. below is each volume and the number of weeks of data we have:

Vol. 1: 9,638 (2wk+monthly) ← event ticket
Vol. 2: 7,830 (2wk) ← event ticket
Vol. 3: 6,571 (1wk)
Vol. 4: 6,439 (1wk+monthly)
Vol. 5: 5,734 (1wk)
Vol. 6: 5,220 (1wk)
Vol. 7: 5,337 (2wk)
Vol. 8: 4,933 (1wk)
Vol. 9: 5,509 (2wk)

Dropoff was pretty industry standard after the event tickets ended, so it's not clear there was any massive backlash, at least among the people who were buying it. The event ticket effect was just a fairly large one.

Thanks for the info. Vol. 1 sales were bigger than I thought.

Feb 19, 2013 11:12 AM

Jan 2011
It's nice to see good shows toping the BD ranking for a change.
VioLinkFeb 19, 2013 11:16 AM
[center]
Feb 19, 2013 12:27 PM

Aug 2009
Go Jojo! Hope all of the parts get animated, I'm still curious if they will be doing part 3 or not...

As for GnP... I don't understand the appeal of that show, but yeah I'm not a Japanese Otaku, I guess they make good material for body pillows or w.e

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Feb 19, 2013 12:40 PM

Apr 2010
Why Shinsekai Yori is almost last? :( No wonder there is so much shitty anime if great anime is not selling well :(
Feb 19, 2013 12:50 PM

Sep 2012
Iwans18 said:
Why Shinsekai Yori is almost last? :( No wonder there is so much shitty anime if great anime is not selling well :(

Are you importing it? I am but apparently I am not a good bellwether as I am importing the biggest hit and the biggest bomb... What can I say but I import what I like, not what I think needs the help or that will be popular. My list of fall imports:

Not out yet: Teekyuu

*1, 28,194 Girls und Panzer
*7, 11,609 Little Busters!
13, *3,649 Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo
15, *2,494 Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun
23, **,528 Shinsekai yori (vol.2)
25, **,345 Btooom! (vol.3)

Out of the rankings
Sukitte Ii na yo.
hpulleyFeb 19, 2013 12:54 PM
Feb 19, 2013 1:27 PM

Dec 2011
It's a bit difficult to import anime at Japan prices when you've been out of work for the last 5 months and haven't even been able to get unemployment benefits most of that time due to technicalities. I haven't even done any manga/LN orders from Japan either since early December last year.

I wish I could but I honestly can't afford it. Not that I'd be buying SSY yet anyway, or that my purchases would count towards the rankings - I would want to wait until the entire series was out before buying it.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Feb 19, 2013 1:34 PM

Sep 2012
No worries, it is expensive for sure. Maybe you can get a boxed set one day. Strange but volume 4 is out of stock. Hopefully my preorder is in the box already... But it is waiting for GuP v2 and Teekyuu which should ship tomorrow... I almost split the order but didn't want to spend another ¥2000 on a yet another box...
Feb 19, 2013 1:40 PM

Jun 2010
Code Geass is still on top, I see.
Feb 19, 2013 3:35 PM

Oct 2012
Lol. Once again, Panzers are ruling the rankings for Autumn :)

Shin Sekai Yori T.T Its barely selling. It's the most underrated anime of all :(

Feb 19, 2013 4:46 PM

May 2012
hpulley said:
Iwans18 said:

Are you importing it? I am but apparently I am not a good bellwether as I am importing the biggest hit and the biggest bomb... What can I say but I import what I like, not what I think needs the help or that will be popular. My list of fall imports:

Not out yet: Teekyuu

*1, 28,194 Girls und Panzer
*7, 11,609 Little Busters!
13, *3,649 Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo
15, *2,494 Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun
23, **,528 Shinsekai yori (vol.2)
25, **,345 Btooom! (vol.3)

Out of the rankings
Sukitte Ii na yo.

@hpulley

I see your point really and cannot say its actually wrong BUT... we get you love import, but taking advantage of any chance to effectively show off to everyone lacks consideration and looks arrogant.

Not every anime fan outside of Japan has the means to import for x reason, for instance the most important not everyone has as much money --as you apparently-- to import, or in their country its so much trouble or the taxes for it double or even triple the actual product cost, making it an option out of the reach of most people.

Second the data here comes mainly from Japanese consumers for evident reasons, so its safe to assume imports (exports within Japan) play a minuscule role in this data.

Button line is dont judge harshly people that dont import like you do. If everyone had the possibility of supporting anime worldwide directly and effortlessly then yes, your question of "are you buying, importing, supporting" would be unquestionable, that or if we all had the monetary means to import. Many fans have to wait for licensing deals and for USA and Canada mainly, and some European countries sometimes, outside of those regions that is not even an option.

Also many people here have pointed out time and time again that foreign fans importing or buying in their local markets, or paying for streams, contribute little to the anime industry where it matters; Japan, so there's really nothing wrong with analyzing and criticizing if you wish, Japanese data and Japanese consumers behavior at all.
Feb 19, 2013 4:48 PM

Sep 2012
Not trying to show off at all there, really! Sorry it comes across that way. I was trying to show that I'm not really importing what is popular is all... but I am also trying to show that it is not just Japanese consumers.

Ah well, I should really be reading instead of posting here anyways. Will see if I can control myself... see you around or maybe not... oh who am I kidding? Will try to ease off though. Sorry again.
hpulleyFeb 19, 2013 5:03 PM
Feb 19, 2013 5:02 PM

May 2012
hpulley said:
Not trying to show off at all there, really! Sorry it comes across that way. I was trying to show that I'm not really importing what is popular is all... but I am also trying to show that it is not just Japanese consumers.

Ah well, I should really be reading instead of posting here anyways. Will see if I can control myself... see you around or maybe not... oh who am I kidding? Will try to ease off though. Sorry again.

Nah, sorry, do tell what you import by all means, what I meant is remember not everyone has the same possibilities you have when you directly question people if they import, importing is really out of the possibility of most worldwide fans.
9988Feb 19, 2013 5:19 PM
Feb 19, 2013 5:05 PM

Sep 2012
Just wish a few more people wishing their favorite anime had more sales... had contributed to those sales, that's all. My dream is if more of us bought then ... they would make more anime like that. Might be impossible when we are not even 1%, except sadly for Sukitte Ii Na Yo where for all I know we are most of the buys... as I know of another 2-3 importers buying that one.
Feb 19, 2013 5:13 PM

May 2012
hpulley said:
Just wish a few more people wishing their favorite anime had more sales... had contributed to those sales, that's all. My dream is if more of us bought then ... they would make more anime like that. Might be impossible when we are not even 1%, except sadly for Sukitte Ii Na Yo where for all I know we are most of the buys... as I know of another 2-3 importers buying that one.

I agree, but the issue is importing is the most expensive and least friendly option to support anime (games/manga,etc), not mentioning not many know enough japanese since its only a handful of japanese releases that include at least subtitles,

If you speak to non Canada-USA people you will see it goes even more expensive, ask latin american fans, huge anime lovers, and you will see that to import one or two titles (or 1 or 3 vols., series in japan usually go 6-9) at most its the equivalent to one month salary! Even people in first world countries like USA often speak of how expensive it is to import, now imagine the situation of many other fans outside NA or non-first world countries...

My ideal would be that fans worldwide had the means to contribute directly with direct and easy access to purchase media, sadly its an innovation that the industry does not want to take as it would be go digital (as physically it would be almost impossible) and even prices, but we all know the industry does not want to liberate their basically hostage Japanese consumers used to pay high prices.

Imports are not the solution for non-japanese fans to contribute, you are almost pulling an Marie-Antoinette´s, if they cannot afford bread let them have cake...

Also it is the industry that needs to appeal to the fans and make them want to purchase AND with ease not the the fan reach to the industry. I fail to understand how many of you feel like the industry is doing you(us) as favor when its the other way around. So its the industry that needs to make available their stuff to fans to purchase, if they do little to reach to everyone or care only for some countries you can hardly blame those that dont contribute as they need first to be able to do so in the first place, only then they can be blamed. Even the second most "important" maket for anime (the US) gets a tiny selection of anime.

Out of topic so I will stop here.
9988Feb 19, 2013 6:53 PM
Feb 19, 2013 5:20 PM

Sep 2011
symbv said:
RyanSaotome said:
Common sense. Anyone can tell that the budget for Sakurasou is far higher.
In what way? Many said the awesome animation in Nobuna must mean it uses a very big budget, but it turned out that in number of cuts and more expensive key animation drawings, it uses fewer number than even Saki Achiga-hen. So unless you provide some good evidence why Sakurasou has "far higher" budget than Little Busters, just saying it is common sense just does not cut it, I am afraid. And bear in mind that animation quality difference does not always translate proportionally to budget difference. (then there is the question of whether Little Busters really has "some of the worst" animation among all >30 series running in this season, which is of course debatable)

Anyone that isn't blind in both eyes could see that Sakurasou has a way higher budget than Little Busters! If you're unable to see that I feel sorry for you.

Just by looking @ Both shows I can see that sakurasou as better Background animation quality, better character drawing qualities and doesn't stand around in a frame for over 6 seconds every 10+ each episode for something pointless. Little Busters! has had many screw ups, and if you watched the show you would notice.

And if it doesn't have a higher budget than the animators need to go back to school. http://myanimelist.net/people/10678/Iizuka_Haruko pretty sure she could of done better, judging by some of her past work.
TyrelFeb 19, 2013 5:27 PM
Feb 19, 2013 7:51 PM

Sep 2012
RyanSaotome said:
I'm watching over 30 current shows, so I'm pretty confident in saying it has some of the worst animation of any of those shows. (Well, of any that actually try so I'm not counting flash stuff like Osaka Mama)
Well from over 30 current shows I am watching I do not see how Little Busters have really "some of the worst" animation. Perhaps it is not moving as much as, say, Vividred but it is not worse than GJ-bu or Shinsekai Yori for example. And do we see any out-of-character bad animation like in Total Eclipse? No, but then Total Eclipse did not do very badly, did it?

RyanSaotome said:
And you can try to defend it all you want, but the animation quality is probably the biggest issue with Little Busters...
It seems it is only your own speculation. From what I read in Japanese forums, the animation is far from a major issue for fans. Story, adaptation choices, and series composition got far more complaints.

RyanSaotome said:
if it had more budget, it could have truly been something special. Theres more than enough examples of crappy budget like the 2 frames of animation when Rin was playing with cats early on, to quite a few times when characters don't even blink for long periods of time while talking. But just half assing it since they knew it would sell regardless is what happened.
Tyrel said:
Anyone that isn't blind in both eyes could see that Sakurasou has a way higher budget than Little Busters! If you're unable to see that I feel sorry for you.
Well, my point, again, is Perceived Animation Quality difference does not necessarily translate into Budget difference. You two commit the common mistake of confusing perceived animation density with budget. But as my example of Nobuna vs Saki Achiga-hen shows, better perceived animation quality does not mean more money being spent. The truth is we don't know the inner workings of an anime production enough or details of anime production process to judge how much budget an anime has based purely on how well we perceive the animation quality. You can argue that a certain anime has better perceived animation quality all you like (as it is your perception), but this is no basis for you to jump to conclusion that the budget is thus necessarily bigger for the anime project (and the budget has to go to pay for a lot of things other than animators' bill anyway). As much as I agree the animation in Sakuraso looks fresher and more pleasing, I would not jump to conclusion that it means Sakurao has a bigger budget, much less "a much bigger" budget as you are claiming.

symbvFeb 19, 2013 8:18 PM

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Feb 19, 2013 7:59 PM

Feb 2012
I wish Psycho Pass would do a little better, though at least it's in the middle and not at the bottom.
Feb 19, 2013 8:03 PM

Apr 2010
Smybv, if all you want is for us to give you documentation of how much each company budgeted for their anime, we obviously won't be doing that. Making educated guesses is the best we can do, and my educated guess is that Little Busters was done on a shoestring budget since Warner Brothers thought its name recognition was enough to sell it. Hell, they were upset it wasn't selling more even with the little budget it had, so I think they were just thinking that Key fans were diehards who'd buy anything regardless of how much money they spent on it.

Feb 19, 2013 8:15 PM

Sep 2012
RyanSaotome said:
Smybv, if all you want is for us to give you documentation of how much each company budgeted for their anime, we obviously won't be doing that. Making educated guesses is the best we can do, and my educated guess is that Little Busters was done on a shoestring budget since Warner Brothers thought its name recognition was enough to sell it. Hell, they were upset it wasn't selling more even with the little budget it had, so I think they were just thinking that Key fans were diehards who'd buy anything regardless of how much money they spent on it.
As I said in my post, animation issue is not what fans in Japan worry most. And in this case, your educated guess that "the animation quality is probably the biggest issue with Little Busters" does not ring quite true. And that would mean that Warner Brothers may not have made such a bad decision by adopting the animation with the quality that we are seeing. But on the other hand, they obviously failed in some other aspects to appeal to fans, either fans of the original VN or anime fans who have not played the VN, but I don't see how perceived animation quality as the biggest issue with LB!

And you were complaining "they were upset it wasn't selling more even with the little budget it had", but as I said, who knows how much budget it really had? If you choose to stick with your theory that it must have very low budget purely because of a very low perceived animation quality (which I have to say, is debatable in comparison of other series in this season), then of course you find it hard to understand. But perhaps the budget is not really that low (I am not talking about bottomless budget but a reasonably good amount) and so it is valid for the production to be disappointed? All I suggest is not to stick to misconceived idea and try to take a more comprehensive view.
symbvFeb 19, 2013 8:25 PM

Feb 19, 2013 8:22 PM

Sep 2012
SatelliteCannon said:
I wonder if GuP Vol 2 is going to outrun its logistics train have supply issues like the last one. It'll do well in the long run, though. Episode 3 is when the series truly starts to rock.
GirlPan vol.2 does not have any supply issue as far as I see. I guess the sales of vol.1 has given Bandai pretty good idea of how many copies to print and distribute. At the moment, it seems the sales can come very close to what has been achieved by vol.1

Feb 19, 2013 9:00 PM

Sep 2011
RyanSaotome said:
so I think they were just thinking that Key fans were diehards who'd buy anything regardless of how much money they spent on it.

Bam. Even though it's quality of animation is crap, I'll be buying it once Sentai Filmworks releases it, along with its second Season. Might as well as buy it to make my collection Complete of Key DVD/BD's
Feb 21, 2013 9:43 AM

Nov 2008
When is Code Geass: Boukoku no Akito 2 coming out ? cause the first 1 keeps selling well
Feb 21, 2013 9:47 AM

Sep 2012
Mr_Gutts said:
When is Code Geass: Boukoku no Akito 2 coming out ? cause the first 1 keeps selling well
No date has been announced yet. It will be shown in some theaters first before the BD is released, and even for that the schedule is not fixed. The best that we know is simply that the theater release date is sometime this summer.

Feb 21, 2013 6:54 PM

Sep 2012
jmal said:

Psycho-Pass yet again, plus some other stuff. Slow week.

The calm before the storm... GuP v2 has shipped!
Feb 21, 2013 8:30 PM

Sep 2012
Daily Sales Ranking from Oricon so far.

Note: if there is a popular title and you do not see it here (e.g. Girls und Panzer v2) it is because the release date is today (though some shops started to sell them yesterday). I will update this list when sales information for this later batch is made available later.

DVD Daily
*18 *19 *20 *21 *22 *23 *24 
*** **2 **1 *** *** *** *** | -- | Ookami Kodomo
*** *** **6 *** *** *** *** | -- | Alice Tentei-kyoku v1
*** *12 *16 *** *** *** *** | -- | KamiHaji v3
*** *13 *19 *** *** *** *** | -- | Chuunibyou v3
*** *15 *** *** *** *** *** | -- | Lupin III - Touhou Kenbun-roku Another Page
*** *24 *** *** *** *** *** | -- | Jintai v6
*** *29 *** *** *** *** *** | -- | YuruYuri2 v6

BD Daily
*** **1 **1 *** *** *** *** | -- | Ookami Kodomo
*** **2 **3 *** *** *** *** | -- | Chuunibyou v3
*** **4 **4 *** *** *** *** | -- | Ookami Kodomo (family package)
*** **5 **7 *** *** *** *** | -- | YuruYuri2 v6
*** **6 **9 *** *** *** *** | -- | Jintai v6
*** **7 *11 *** *** *** *** | -- | Saki Achigahen episode of side-A v7
*** **9 *15 *** *** *** *** | -- | Busou Shinki v3
*** *** *20 *** *** *** *** | -- | JoJo v1
*** *13 *** *** *** *** *** | -- | BokuH v6
*** *14 *** *** *** *** *** | -- | Lupin III - Touhou Kenbun-roku Another Page
*** *16 *** *** *** *** *** | -- | KamiHaji v3
*** *18 *** *** *** *** *** | -- | Ideon BD BOX
*** *19 *** *** *** *** *** | -- | Shinsekai Yori v4
**8 *** *** *** *** *** *** | -- | Code Geass: Akito the Exiled v1
*20 *** *** *** *** *** *** | -- | GirlPan v1

Feb 21, 2013 9:23 PM
Sep 2012
I'm glad that Chuunibyou and Yuru Yuri are doing well. Those shows deserve the sales. GirlPan and Shinsekai Yori don't seem to be doing all that well right now.
Feb 21, 2013 9:51 PM
Sep 2012
jmal said:
AiCon said:
GirlPan and Shinsekai Yori don't seem to be doing all that well right now.

That's like GirlPan's 10th week on sale. Note that it's Vol. 1, not Vol. 2.
Oh, thanks. I usually don't follow the sales charts so I didn't know. How high did GirlPan Vol. 1 get?
Feb 21, 2013 10:05 PM

Sep 2012
AiCon said:
How high did GirlPan Vol. 1 get?
You can start by reading the first 2 posts of this thread:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=560889&show=0#msg20127025

Feb 21, 2013 10:30 PM
Sep 2012
symbv said:
AiCon said:
How high did GirlPan Vol. 1 get?
You can start by reading the first 2 posts of this thread:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=560889&show=0#msg20127025
Oh, wow. That's pretty high. I guess a second season is pretty much guaranteed at this point. That's good to hear since I really like that show.
Feb 23, 2013 6:29 PM

Nov 2007
Daily Oricon rankings for the Feb 18~24 week.

Of course, not everything here will end up ranking even on the full list considering how high the DVD/BD thresholds are likely to be. Nothing else new in terms of anime is going to be released on Feb 23 or 24.

GaruPan v2 BD and DVD are now back in stock. Most likely the orders taken after they went out of stock before has been shipped today. That means those units should count for the daily ranking on the 24th, which is good.

DVD Daily
*** *** *** **1 **1 *** *** | -- | KuroBas v8
*** **2 **1 **4 **2 *** *** | -- | Ookami Kodomo
*** *** *** **2 **3 *** *** | -- | Yamato 2199 v4
*** *** *** **3 **4 *** *** | -- | Tiger & Bunny ~The Beginning~ LE 
*** *** *** **5 **5 *** *** | -- | Shin TeniPri v6
*** *** *** **6 *10 *** *** | -- | JoJo v2
*** *** *** *11 *13 *** *** | -- | Psycho-Pass v3
*** *** *** *18 *26 *** *** | -- | Hyouka v9
*** *** *** *13 *27 *** *** | -- | GirlPan v2
*** *** *** *15 *** *** *** | -- | Shirokuma v8
*** *** *** *21 *** *** *** | -- | Poyopoyo v4
*** *** *** *27 *** *** *** | -- | Hiiro S2 v2
*** *** *** *30 *** *** *** | -- | Tiger & Bunny ~The Beginning~ RE
*** *** **6 *** *** *** *** | -- | Alice Tentei-kyoku v1
*** *15 *** *** *** *** *** | -- | Lupin III
*** *29 *** *** *** *** *** | -- | Yuru Yuri♪♪ v6
*21 *** *** *** *** *** *** | -- | Biohazard

BD Daily
*** *** *** **3 **1 *** *** | -- | Tiger & Bunny ~The Beginning~ LE
*** *** *** **6 **2 *** *** | -- | Kurobas v8
*** *** *** **1 **3 *** *** | -- | GirlPan v2
*** *** *** **2 **4 *** *** | -- | Yamato 2199 v4
*** *** *** **4 **5 *** *** | -- | Horizon II v6
*** **1 **1 *10 **6 *** *** | -- | Ookami Kodomo
*** *** *** **5 **8 *** *** | -- | JoJo v2
*** *** *** **9 **9 *** *** | -- | Psycho-Pass v3
*** *** *** **8 *10 *** *** | -- | Hyouka v9 
*** **2 **3 *16 *11 *** *** | -- | Chuunibyou v3
*** **4 **4 *20 *12 *** *** | -- | Ookami Kodomo (family package)
*** *** *** **7 *13 *** *** | -- | Gundam 08th BD Box
*** *** *** *12 *14 *** *** | -- | Total Eclipse v6
*** *** *** *11 *16 *** *** | -- | Eureka AO v9
*** *** *** *13 *18 *** *** | -- | Teekyuu
*** *** *** *** *20 *** *** | -- | Shin TeniPri v6
*** *** *** *17 *** *** *** | -- | Gosick BD Box
*** *** *** *18 *** *** *** | -- | LagRin S2 v6
*** *** *** *19 *** *** *** | -- | Gundam AGE v13
*** **5 **7 *** *** *** *** | -- | Yuru Yuri♪♪ v6
*** **7 *11 *** *** *** *** | -- | Saki Achiga-hen episode of side-A v7
*** *14 *** *** *** *** *** | -- | Lupin III
*** *18 *** *** *** *** *** | -- | Ideon BD BOX
**2 *** *** *** *** *** *** | -- | Biohazard
EjcFeb 24, 2013 2:23 AM
The News Club: Quality News/Discussion (anime, CDs, manga, novels, games, seiyuu), & sales data (daily, weekly, mid-year, yearly).
Feb 24, 2013 3:51 AM

Sep 2012
Updated for today.

One should bear in mind that the sales for each day do not hold the same weight. The actual sales in the release date (here it is Feb 20 or Feb 22) would definitely be much bigger compared to other days. The day before the release date (Feb 19 and Feb 21) is the second most important day to watch, as many retailers (particularly online ones) ship new titles one day earlier.

Key observations:

- Ookami Kodomo is very strong. And particularly on a weekend day like Feb 23. This is because for a title with mainstream appeal, weekend sales usually jumps.

- Yamato 2199 is another title doing very well in both DVD and BD side. As is T&B movie to a lesser extent. KuroBas is very strong on DVD but still doing not bad on BD front.

- GirlPan v2 is showing up on DVD list. Two days in a row. How many is it going to add to final sales? 1k? Current guesses by fans in Japan put the first week sales of GirlPan from 22k to 25k.

- JoJo v2 seems to be doing just a bit above Hyouka and Psycho-Pass level. Is it going to sell near vol.1 level or it will drop quite a bit?

DVD Sales Daily Ranking
*** **2 **1 **4 **2 **1 *** | -- | Ookami Kodomo
*** *** *** **1 **1 **2 *** | -- | KuroBas v8
*** *** *** **2 **3 **3 *** | -- | Yamato2199 v4
*** *** *** **5 **5 *10 *** | -- | New Tennis Prince v6
*** *** *** **3 **4 *11 *** | -- | Tiger & Bunny movie - limited edition
*** *** *** **6 *10 *17 *** | -- | JoJo v2
*** *** *** *11 *13 *26 *** | -- | Psycho-Pass v3
*** *** *** *18 *26 *** *** | -- | Hyouka v9
*** *** *** *13 *27 *** *** | -- | GirlPan v2
*** *** *** *15 *** *** *** | -- | Shirokuma Cafe v8
*** *** *** *21 *** *** *** | -- | Poyopoyo Kansatsu Nikki v4 
*** *** *** *27 *** *** *** | -- | Hiiro no Kakera 2 v2
*** *** *** *30 *** *** *** | -- | Tiger & Bunny movie - regular edition
*** *** **6 *** *** *** *** | -- | Alice Tantei-kyoku v1
*** *15 *** *** *** *** *** | -- | Lupin III Toushou Kenbunroku ~Another Page~
*** *29 *** *** *** *** *** | -- | YuruYuri2 v6

BD Sales Daily Ranking
*** **1 **1 *10 **6 **1 *** | -- | Ookami Kodomo
*** *** *** **2 **4 **3 *** | -- | Yamato2199 v4
*** *** *** **4 **5 **4 *** | -- | Horizon2 v6
*** *** *** **3 **1 **5 *** | -- | Tiger & Bunny movie - limited edition
*** *** *** **1 **3 **6 *** | -- | GirlPan v2
*** *** *** **6 **2 **7 *** | -- | KuroBas v8
*** **4 **4 *20 *12 **8 *** | -- | Ookami Kodomo - family package
*** *** *** **5 **8 **9 *** | -- | JoJo v2
*** **2 **3 *16 *11 *10 *** | -- | Chuunibyou v3
*** *** *** **9 **9 *11 *** | -- | Psycho-Pass v3
*** *** *** **8 *10 *12 *** | -- | Hyouka v9
*** *** *** *12 *14 *13 *** | -- | Total Eclipse v6
*** *** *** **7 *13 *15 *** | -- | MS Gundam 08 Team BD-Box
*** *** *** *11 *16 *17 *** | -- | Eureka AO v9
*** *** *** *13 *18 *** *** | -- | Teekyuu
*** *** *** *** *20 *** *** | -- | New Tennis Prince v6
*** *** *** *17 *** *** *** | -- | Gosick BD- BOX
*** *** *** *18 *** *** *** | -- | Rinne no Langrange 2 v6
*** *** *** *19 *** *** *** | -- | Gundam AGE v13
*** **5 **7 *** *** *** *** | -- | YuruYuri2 v6
*** **7 *11 *** *** *** *** | -- | Saki Achiga-hen v7
*** *14 *** *** *** *** *** | -- | Lupin III Toushou Kenbunroku ~Another Page~
*** *18 *** *** *** *** *** | -- | Ideon BD-BOX

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» 'Yuru Camp△' Season 3 Announces Additional Cast

Nioxys - 6 hours ago

6 by RobertBobert »»
2 hours ago

» 'Dungeon Meshi' Second Cour Reveals Additional Cast, Theme Songs, Third Promo

DatRandomDude - 10 hours ago

4 by RobertBobert »»
4 hours ago

» 'Kusuriya no Hitorigoto' Second Season Announced

Nioxys - Mar 23

18 by Adnash »»
11 hours ago

» 'Fairy Tail: 100 Years Quest' Unveils Main Staff, Summer 2024 Premiere

Vindstot - Mar 11

25 by Juventinoaymen »»
11 hours ago

» 'Ookami to Koushinryou: Merchant Meets the Wise Wolf' Reveals Additional Cast, Staff, Third Promo

DatRandomDude - Mar 21

19 by HloFrndz »»
Today, 3:16 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.