Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Feb 19, 2013 12:36 AM
Feb 2013
Does anybody know if there is any information on whether or not there will be a season 3 of Code Geass with Lelouch? I tried to dig up some definite information on this, but I could not find anything.

But the above is beneath the question I'm asking. I really loved Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion and I'm posting here to see if anyone else has received a definite answer as to whether or not a series 3 will be made.

Thanks for the help. :)
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 19, 2013 12:38 AM
Jul 2018
If it was going to happen, it would have already

Feb 19, 2013 12:39 AM

Oct 2010
Speculate all you want, but Lelouch Geass has had its run. They really meant for that ending to be ambiguous. Now you'll have to settle for the Akito movies.

Feb 19, 2013 12:45 AM

Jun 2011
No.
Feb 19, 2013 1:01 AM
Feb 2013
deadleeserious said:
If it was going to happen, it would have already

I'm not convinced that it would've happened already as the Akito series is still being produced, what's wrong with bringing in a late Lelouch Geass? I was just looking to see if anyone had any definite statements from the directors on this matter.

FluxtyFeb 19, 2013 1:05 AM
Feb 19, 2013 1:11 AM
Jan 2013
There is only one problem with having a season 3

Feb 19, 2013 1:13 AM

Apr 2012
I don't see it happening.
Feb 19, 2013 1:15 AM

Nov 2011
Lelouche is deader than dead. And R2 sucked.
The Art of Eight
Feb 19, 2013 1:18 AM

Jan 2011
I doubt having a third season would do the series any good
Feb 19, 2013 1:19 AM

Dec 2012
no need to turn this into lulu is dead or alive threads
the answer is no news have been annouced about making R3 :/ .
Feb 19, 2013 1:28 AM
Feb 2013
Jellz said:
There is only one problem with having a season 3

Sunyko you're probably right, but I personally was just left with the feeling of wanting more.
Feb 19, 2013 1:30 AM
Feb 2013
tsudecimo said:
no need to turn this into lulu is dead or alive threads
the answer is no news have been annouced about making R3 :/ .

Thanks for the information. It'll settle me down a bit. :P
Feb 19, 2013 3:39 AM

Jan 2013
I always thought that another season with Lelouch would be nice.

I'm a self-taught composer, and here you can find the tracks I've composed so far:
http://www.youtube.com/user/kiusdexra

https://soundcloud.com/marko-poskurica

A single click on each one of them would make me really happy!

If you want to make any comment or critic, do it on my profile or as a comment on youtube / soundcloud!
Feb 19, 2013 3:46 AM

Oct 2009
onedaysnotice said:
No.

azzuReFeb 19, 2013 3:49 AM
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Feb 20, 2013 4:43 PM
Dec 2012
Gosh you guys... Lelouch had his part in the story (fully developed, one of the best characters in anime), and he made the series one of my favorites.

Sunrise and Clamp will most likely butcher Lelouch if they added another season focused on Lelouch...

Anyway, the first OVA of Code Geass R3 is out subbed on YouTube. I actually enjoyed the new season extensively. And, there will only be 8 OVAs (from what I've heard), each about an hour long.
Feb 20, 2013 4:47 PM

Feb 2013
No.
dankickyou said:
R2 sucked.

You suck.
sometim3s said:
OVA of Code Geass R3

No such thing.
Feb 20, 2013 4:57 PM

Nov 2012
Fuck no.
but there's some OVAs of some code geass shiggymcdiggy (´・ω・)
Nov 24, 2013 4:25 AM
Nov 2013
Nope even if they did it wouldn't do r1 and r2 any good , the moment lelouch died the series ended , if they do another series it should be on a new character (if lelouch is still alive with cc maybe it can be their child ) Their child could be the main character it should go into more details on the power of the geass, I would like to know more on it . I think the name of the series is a big clue to the ending of r2

//
Code and Geass , my theory is that lelouch obtained both of these when he got both symbols of the geass in his eye(this show he on a higher level of geass ) ,which mean he keep his geass and gain new power such as immortality .the fact that he could command his father who had a code to begone, show he stolen the code from his father or that the gods blessed him with it .

This is based on no evidence , but linking thing together it make sense , that lelouch could be the first to attain both geass and code at the same time
Nov 26, 2013 1:01 PM
Nov 27, 2013 12:45 PM
Nov 2013
For all those who believe in a 3rd season WITH Lelouch, from my perspective it's only logical if you look at the following facts:

until recently I was 100% convinced Lelouch was still alive after the ending of season 2... it only makes sense this way. He obtained his fathers Geass power and when he died he gave it to Nunnally and became immortal jsut like C.C ... idk how people could argue against that... I mean that was the whole point after all. Also C.C is obviously talking to Lulu at the end (guy riding the cart) I don't see why else this scence would have even been included if it wasn't for preparing for Lulu's adventure to continue. Iwas actually shocked when I started looking through some comments while searching for season 3 where people were all like "the story is finished, get over it" while I was like "what the hell... did these people watch the same show I did?" Until then I was certain there must be a 3rd season since the plot clearly was NOT over after the ending of s2.

it is one of the most sold anime/manga franchise there is, even now in 2013 it's ranked really high even though it's already a couple of years old. From a financial perspective it would only make sense to keep going, obviously Code Geass has a huge fanbase who is greiving for more Lulu action. I believe the producer (who said himself he thought every scene through multiple times) chose this ending exactly for that: marketing. As long as no officials say he really died in the end Code Geass just stays in peoples minds, the community and fans talks about it and that's what keeps Code Geass alive even 5 years after it's first release!
I couldn't think of any better marketing strategy to set up a new season in the future! So I think it's just a matter of time, and if you guys are honest... you want the show to go on too ;) ...

If there wasn't supposed to be a 3rd season officials would have said so years ago, but nobody has yet declined it because they all know it's always going to be a possibilty of making a 3rd season, even if it's just for the money that they are guaranteed with such a huge fanbase (over 1 million sold mangas)

The majority of the fanbase keeps begging for it. And if that's not already enough then idk what more of a motivation you could need.

So anyway... I am certain there will be a 3rd season in the future, it just sucks that nobody knows when it is going to come out... but the longer we have to wait the more we will enjoy the final result.
For all believers: keep your heads up, a sequel is the only logical consequence after that ending and the first 2 seasons.
For all those who stopped believing or just don't want to, I hope you all will be proven wrong... otherwise I'd be damn sad and would have to beat those people up to make a new one!
Dec 7, 2013 7:09 PM

Oct 2013
Why would it matter if Lelouch is dead or not? They can still continue "Code Geass" if they wanted to. It's all up to them. As I know now they are actually continuing the manga.

synopsis:

The story takes place in the same official Code Geass history as the anime, but in a different era. The title character, Renya, is a 17-year-old boy with a mechanical left arm and shuriken throwing stars as his weapons of choice. The story begins when Renya encounters a mysterious, perpetually young witch named "Reifū C.C." C.C. has appeared in Japan's historical Edo era to seek a new partner for a covenant. Meanwhile, a mysterious man, with a striking resemblance to the character Lelouch of the original anime, also appears with unknown intentions.

If Lelouch is dead then why be mad? Be happy because he did everything that he planned to do. In the synopsis of the manga above it says " C.C. has appeared in Japan's historical Edo era to seek a new partner for a covenant." If he is alive by gaining immortal power then awesome. We will have no idea because it also says "Meanwhile, a mysterious man, with a striking resemblance to the character Lelouch of the original anime, also appears with unknown intentions." so maybe.

http://codegeass.wikia.com/wiki/Code_Geass:_Renya_of_Darkness

The Lelouch look alike is named "Dash" By the way.

Stop debating rather their will be a season 3 of Code Geass or not.. Just let time flow by and find out. I was completely satisfied with Code Geass: R1 & R2. In my eyes it's a masterpiece.
Dec 7, 2013 9:44 PM
Jul 2018
I found the ending perfect, it was well though and meaningful. Why would they ruin it with crap just to squeeze money. I am happy that it ended that way and I don't think they have a season 3.
Dec 7, 2013 10:02 PM

Sep 2011
Code geasss fanbase theoriess in a nutshell:

>giant plothole
>this is very clearly a clever hint that lelouch is alive

who cares if the creators say hes dead, pfffft so what, its not like the people that created the show know anything about what happens in it

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 9, 2013 2:35 AM
Jul 2018
JizzyHitler said:

>giant plothole

who cares if the creators say hes dead, pfffft so what, its not like the people that created the show know anything about what happens in it

I still do not understand why the heck do they want more?! The series is perfect like this!
Dec 11, 2013 5:00 AM
Aug 2010
Forgetfulness[/quote said:
What the hell...did you watch the same show I did?

Because Lelouch clearly died. Most of your theories are flawed. A Code Geass special says that Lelouch is dead

So yes, "the story is finished, get over it"

well Lelouch is dead since he would have killed his identity and most likely hid for like 100 years if he was immortal. So in a sense he is dead at least to the public. Also i find him living better since it would be Lelouch pulling one final plan off. Fooling everyone again and having them think what he wants them to think. this line of think actually fits his character very well.
Dec 16, 2013 5:24 PM

Oct 2013
Can someone provide me with a source of all this ''producers stating lelouch is dead'' because really everybody that think Lelouch is dead always state that but never show any evidence that they actually said that
I am a human.
Dec 16, 2013 8:03 PM

Mar 2012
bobthecannibal said:
JizzyHitler said:

>giant plothole

I still do not understand why the heck do they want more?! The series is perfect like this!

Do not understand about that part too...

this series is already perfect, the way they are ended...
Dec 19, 2013 11:15 AM
Dec 2013
You noobs Lelouch is not dead!

- watch the ending of the last episode of CC R3

- hear what CC says

- Lelouch did "mind transfer" to Nunally which only immortals in code geass can do, like

CC did before she went back to life
Jan 6, 2014 1:25 PM
Jan 2014
just look at this site at date of death:
http://codegeass.wikia.com/wiki/Lelouch_vi_Britannia
Jan 9, 2014 4:38 AM
Jan 2014
Personally, I'm happy with the ending. I do believe that Lelouch lived but that is not only based on the clues given in the story line, but also the original japanese deleted final scene. It was cut to leave the ending ambiguous. However, it shows the driver of the cart respond to C.C.'s comment with a smirk and although it doesn't show his face entirely, it is obviously him.

But, I do like your story line. Don't forget to add Suzaku to the plot. If you recall, he now has Geass and he is also commanded to live through Lelouch's use of Geass on him. Therefore, he's pretty much immortal. Also, if you consider that in their final discussion as Lelouch was blessing him with Geass, he told him that he would be the knight of justice for eternity. Which means if there is another season, he would certainly be alive to participate. :)

Propu said:
I always thought that another season with Lelouch would be nice.

Jan 9, 2014 5:32 AM

Oct 2013
I believe Lelouch is alive.

I cant get into those Akito movies though .
Jan 9, 2014 6:02 AM
Dec 2013
I cried at the end of code geass and rewatched it 2 times. It was so sad :( but it made me like lelouch so much more. just like him to plan his death. Not only did he die, he died with no one knowing about his sacrifice, everyone hating him.

If he didn't really die, and he just escaped with C.C. then it wouldn't have been such an awesome sacrifice...and what kind of life would that be? Hiding from your friends and loved ones, pretending you are dead? Even though a part of me wishes he were alive, I know that he had to die (although I don't completely understand why he couldn't just have had a treaty...it was because he knew schneizer was going to attack...right...)

But I still want some more code geass!! like maybe a special episode when he was still alive, or kind of an epilogue episode which shows how all the characters are doing after lulus death. Also, even though a lot of people don't seem to like him, I thought the third season could be about Suzaku being Zero...the whole different era thing that's being planned doesn't really appeal to me...but I could be proved wrong.
Jan 22, 2014 8:26 AM
Jan 2014
Lelouch isnt dead he is imortal, he stole this ability from his father hence the two eyes using geass. Plus there is the scene where c2 is on a carage and she is talking to a man covering his face and then she says right lelouch im not saying that he will be in r3 but he is still alive.
Feb 15, 2014 4:00 PM
Dec 2013
It's not going to happen.
Feb 16, 2014 9:16 PM

Jan 2014
no more R3 in the manga the writer already said he was dead, and in the anime he was confirmed dead too, by the statement of the director and the writer to end the anime in an open minded manner

Director Goro Taniguchi states that it's up to the viewers to decide how they want to interpret the ending, but that he himself likes to see it as a happy ending. Writer Ichirō Ōkouchi agrees, saying that while some may regard Lelouch's end as a tragedy, he too likes to think of the ending as a happy one because Lelouch created a better tomorrow "for those left behind".

meaning he's dead... no R3 :)

http://codegeass.wikia.com/wiki/Lelouch_vi_Britannia

but depend on the the writer either he'll make a sequel will a different protagonist and different title (code geass: "name" ), either after a few time skips if war breaks lose again just like in the gundam series, but still C.C may appear..cause she's not dead yet.. either those factors will make another sequel :)
DeadZeroSourceFeb 16, 2014 9:22 PM
Got something to live for, I know that I won't surrender,
A warrior of youth,
I'm taking over, a shot to the new world order
I Am Bulletproof. . .

Feb 17, 2014 4:04 AM
Jan 2013
Lelouch did not die remember he is immortal. i hate having to explain this to people because of c2 he is immortal just like his father was because she went along with his plans. but then she decided to choose lelouch. remember the ending he had this all planned out and remember lelouch had a contract with c2 and that can never be broken. now again he would not have had his friend kill if he knew he was going to die. now watch the ending of R2 very closely at the very end c2 says i told you the power of the kings would put you into solitude but maybe that was not quite right....C2... RIGHT LELOUCH. now what i just put up at the end is close to what she said. and he is the driver of that cart. so everyone that thought lelouch died you are not quite right. he did die but just like c2 his wounds would heal and now he lives his live to make c2 happy. now this is all the info i have gained. i was kinda hoping for R3 but you never know it still might happen. so all that is looking forward to it don't give up hope just yet
Feb 18, 2014 5:34 AM

Jan 2014
y
rabiejr said:
Lelouch did not die remember he is immortal. i hate having to explain this to people because of c2 he is immortal just like his father was because she went along with his plans. but then she decided to choose lelouch. remember the ending he had this all planned out and remember lelouch had a contract with c2 and that can never be broken. now again he would not have had his friend kill if he knew he was going to die. now watch the ending of R2 very closely at the very end c2 says i told you the power of the kings would put you into solitude but maybe that was not quite right....C2... RIGHT LELOUCH. now what i just put up at the end is close to what she said. and he is the driver of that cart. so everyone that thought lelouch died you are not quite right. he did die but just like c2 his wounds would heal and now he lives his live to make c2 happy. now this is all the info i have gained. i was kinda hoping for R3 but you never know it still might happen. so all that is looking forward to it don't give up hope just yet

I'm not hoping for another sequel, but I'm still hoping that lelouch is alive even though i based all the facts from the creators, I even slow moed the last part of the episode seeing the driver is shown to have a black hair left part not too clear though, thinking he is not really dead... now that i reconsider, still not believing he's dead, I put on another research, it is based on facts this time he is alived
based on this thread:

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=333091
Got something to live for, I know that I won't surrender,
A warrior of youth,
I'm taking over, a shot to the new world order
I Am Bulletproof. . .

Feb 22, 2014 2:18 PM
Jan 2014
DON'T RUIN WHAT IS PERFECT!

so it's a no for me
Feb 23, 2014 6:30 PM
Jun 2013
it won't happen for a while, the window to do it already closed. However, something will be done eventually. Maybe something like a remake of the show in OVA's with a different ending (like evangelion)...or just continue milking the code geass universe with things like the Akito stuff until it runs dry...then pop a 5 sec advance of the next code geass thing showing lelouch alive...and everyone goes crazy.

Seriously, too many people want it...no matter how stupid it could be, how much the authors would be against it, money makes the final choice. It will eventually happen.
Feb 23, 2014 6:30 PM
Sep 2013
No.
No one wants it.
Fuck off.
The end is nigh

Feb 23, 2014 6:35 PM
Nov 2013
Jamie-sama said:
No.
No one wants it.
Fuck off.

Hahaha have to agree with this guy.
Feb 23, 2014 6:55 PM
Feb 2012
honestly im a huge fan of CG

but that aint happening

would of happen 5 years ago
Feb 25, 2014 4:35 PM
Jun 2013
Jamie-sama said:
No.
No one wants it.
Fuck off.

calm your tits...(or my fav new one...dont have a rack attack)

i'd rather he stayed dead too. It would be a much better ending. Just saying, having a cash cow that big (Lelouch) and not using it would be stupid. Even all the people saying the show should be left as it is would watch the hell out of a new season, and fap to it. You included. Don't try to deny it.

Since i don't know japanese, however, I don't know if the japs feel the same way, maybe over there they wouldn't watch a third season, so it will never get made. Then again, i don't think you know what they want either.
Feb 25, 2014 4:40 PM
Sep 2013
ZetronovieK said:
Even all the people saying the show should be left as it is would watch the hell out of a new season, and fap to it. You included. Don't try to deny it.

No, I will deny it, since I didn't even like the show in the first place.
Why would I be excited for a new season of an anime I gave a 4/10?
The end is nigh

Feb 25, 2014 6:22 PM

May 2013
Don't want an R3. Lelouch dying was the best ending for the show. I'm perfectly fine with Akito the Exiled.
My anime blog
Latest Post: The Zero Requiem (Analysis of the Ending of Code Geass)
Mar 19, 2014 9:14 AM
Mar 2014
Only one way to tell... let the popularity subside for now so the producer will be forced to make another season.
Mar 19, 2014 9:15 AM

Nov 2012
You can't have a Lelouch the Rebellion series without Lelouch.
That's just stupid.
May 7, 2014 11:12 PM
Feb 2014
TiGGowich said:
For all those who believe in a 3rd season WITH Lelouch, from my perspective it's only logical if you look at the following facts:

until recently I was 100% convinced Lelouch was still alive after the ending of season 2... it only makes sense this way. He obtained his fathers Geass power and when he died he gave it to Nunnally and became immortal jsut like C.C ... idk how people could argue against that... I mean that was the whole point after all. Also C.C is obviously talking to Lulu at the end (guy riding the cart) I don't see why else this scence would have even been included if it wasn't for preparing for Lulu's adventure to continue. Iwas actually shocked when I started looking through some comments while searching for season 3 where people were all like "the story is finished, get over it" while I was like "what the hell... did these people watch the same show I did?" Until then I was certain there must be a 3rd season since the plot clearly was NOT over after the ending of s2.

it is one of the most sold anime/manga franchise there is, even now in 2013 it's ranked really high even though it's already a couple of years old. From a financial perspective it would only make sense to keep going, obviously Code Geass has a huge fanbase who is greiving for more Lulu action. I believe the producer (who said himself he thought every scene through multiple times) chose this ending exactly for that: marketing. As long as no officials say he really died in the end Code Geass just stays in peoples minds, the community and fans talks about it and that's what keeps Code Geass alive even 5 years after it's first release!
I couldn't think of any better marketing strategy to set up a new season in the future! So I think it's just a matter of time, and if you guys are honest... you want the show to go on too ;) ...

If there wasn't supposed to be a 3rd season officials would have said so years ago, but nobody has yet declined it because they all know it's always going to be a possibilty of making a 3rd season, even if it's just for the money that they are guaranteed with such a huge fanbase (over 1 million sold mangas)

The majority of the fanbase keeps begging for it. And if that's not already enough then idk what more of a motivation you could need.

So anyway... I am certain there will be a 3rd season in the future, it just sucks that nobody knows when it is going to come out... but the longer we have to wait the more we will enjoy the final result.
For all believers: keep your heads up, a sequel is the only logical consequence after that ending and the first 2 seasons.
For all those who stopped believing or just don't want to, I hope you all will be proven wrong... otherwise I'd be damn sad and would have to beat those people up to make a new one!

thank you just raised my hopes high,even
after reading all those depressing comment....:)
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

yuzuko - Apr 20, 2008

239 by Delritos »»
Mar 29, 9:00 PM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Sep 28, 2008

1901 by DarkVoyagerx »»
Mar 25, 4:10 PM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Aug 17, 2008

435 by Dante9231 »»
Feb 21, 2:23 AM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

dtshyk - Jun 29, 2008

291 by Dante9231 »»
Feb 20, 2:21 AM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Sep 14, 2008

305 by Beatnik »»
Feb 17, 11:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.