Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fullmetal Alchemist
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Mar 29, 2013 5:39 PM

Sep 2010
It was good, but not as good as some people think it is, in my opinion. The plot was nice, but the characters didn't stand out enough.
Apr 21, 2013 2:33 PM

Dec 2012
I don't think it's overrated, I just think you went in with your expectations too high. In my opinion, the original FMA anime was at least a 9/10 with the only thing I didn't like about it being the ending. Brotherhood is definitely better than the original, not only because it stuck to the story better but also because it can be taken more seriously. If you'd seen it before you heard anything about it you'd probably give it a 10/10
Apr 29, 2013 7:21 AM

Jan 2013
obv not. but im glad im not you. original was over rated..
Apr 29, 2013 7:42 PM

Jan 2013
To me it's a masterpiece, the closest thing to perfection an anime can achieve.
Apr 29, 2013 8:32 PM

Sep 2011
I honestly think the 2003 version is better in both its plot and characters (and music!)
Apr 30, 2013 2:35 AM
Jan 2013
Simply not agree, well though this discussion will not make a great impact to this anime rating,
afterall majority everyone who watch this anime not think same with your opinion.
But let's respect each other opinion
Apr 30, 2013 2:44 AM

Nov 2012
If you think this show is overrated don't blame it on the one's who actually got good taste. If you did not like it there i something wrong with you and not the 64320 people who gave it a 10.
Apr 30, 2013 9:06 AM
Sep 2011
Talking about another pointless thread. Welcome to the chaotic world of internet! Wanting to highlight some points and posts in this thread, I couldn't hold down my desire to criticise more annoying, and with no decent reason, haters of a highly acclaimed, from critics and watchers, anime show.

As you may have already understood, I side with the lovers of this show. But no without a reason. Moving on to the main course :

1) FMA or FMA Brotherhood?

The answer is, objectively, FMA Brotherhood. FMA, even though unique and good, fails significantly on the plot category. When it went down the path of original ending, it somehow ruined the feeling and the potential the premise of the series had. Even though I am not a fan of faithful adaptation myself, because I like a lot more original storylines, I have to admit that the FMA Brotherhood presented exactly what the fans of the main idea wanted to see: A tale of epic proportions, which ended how it should, with no loose ends and an all-around cast that was developed, without an exception, till the end.

2) FMA Brotherhood is not deep.

Yes, FMA B is not as deep as the biggest fans present it to be, but it is not shallow either. It has the perfect balance between thought-provoking and action and drama sequences. I cannot find another anime that deserve a praise for the balancing between these elements. When watching an action scene in Brotherhood, you just can't exclude the fact that it is very satisfying and the motives of the involved characters are very well-thought out. Everything in this anime can be described by the word balance.

3) Is FMA B turning predictable and generic at the end?

Haha, well if there is someone who is associated with the manga's creator or the production team of the anime, then yes . If you are not, how in the world can you predict what is going to happen next? How all the characters managed to get into Central in the last episodes? Which are the real motives behind Father? How they will defeat him? Someone (referring to haters), should not confuse generic with someone having a similar motive with another character. They differ on how they are finally presented, so if someone has something to discuss about the execution of the series, is welcome to be defeated.

4) Impact of the show

For someone to truly appreciate this show and finally state a solid opinion on it, it should be watched at least twice and with a critical mind. With this method, it should be easy to counterattack the significant impact of the ending this show has, and every other user who thinks something in opposition.

5) Replying to Candor

If you want to discuss properly without backdrops, you have to consider your favorite anime choices first. I am not exactly judging your taste, but you lose your credibility as critic from the moment MAL users see your favorites. You state that FMA Brotherhood is predictable and generic, and yet you have Fate/Zero as your second favorite..... and your top favorite is Uchuu Kyoudai, which is just fine but boring as hell. I'll leave the words speak in their own. Ergo Proxy is a site to behold, but you think that the two previous anime are better than it? Well, simply put, no.

6) Replying to ecimir

All of your statements are invalid. If I had to program a computer to write some random words from a dictionary including all the words for the sole purpose of describing a show, the probability of it giving a more solid statement than yours, is significantly above 1%. If the characters of FMA B are not memorable and lovable, then which characters of which anime are? Boring episodes? If you think that there were, maybe you didn't understand all of FMA B's plot. Because every episode in a series with such a solid plot, is important like a vital organ of the human body. That's how masterpieces are supposed to be.

7) Difference in opinions

There are as many different opinions, as people exist in this world. So, please, don't go around the place and make threads like these. They will eventually be closed, and there will be no profit left behind them. Also, if you want to change someone's opinion on this anime (or every other one), do it with logical reasoning. Do not expect someone to change his mind by just putting the doubt of this anime's value in his mind. That's one sneaky method, and I only like the straight-forward ones.
Apr 30, 2013 9:57 AM
Sep 2012
The original FMA is definitely better than Broderphood
Apr 30, 2013 3:47 PM
Sep 2011
HurricaneSweet said:

HurricaneSweet, did your mother teach you that, by joining the minority, you will instantly turn to someone special and different? Because I don't think so. You differ from the other users when you learn to appreciate something that it is truly good. Remember it as a life-time lesson.
Apr 30, 2013 5:49 PM

Jun 2011
To me the show is absolutely amazing. It's even in my top 5.

Apr 30, 2013 5:50 PM
Jul 2012
Nope don't care of this show at all.
Apr 30, 2013 5:57 PM

Apr 2013
SolBlade said:
To me the show is absolutely amazing. It's even in my top 5.

This. How can you deny this show? Seriously....
May 1, 2013 6:12 PM
Dec 2012
No, I think its because you aren't retarded like the rest of the masses.
May 2, 2013 12:36 PM

Nov 2011
Although I agree with Brotherhood being an amazing anime yes I think it's kind of over-rated in MAL being in top 1 lol.
May 5, 2013 8:46 AM

Jan 2012
Has it just recently moved to #1?
May 5, 2013 8:48 AM
Jul 2012
Still overrated to this day lol!
May 5, 2013 8:58 AM

Nov 2010
corncob said:
Has it just recently moved to #1?
Yup, it's been a great week.
May 5, 2013 5:34 PM

Jul 2010
Meh, people mistake the word "overrated" with "bad". If it's rated 10 by many while I rate it a 9 or 8, then I would think that the show is overrated.

In fact, it would be normal for all who rated FMA:B less than 10 or 9 to think that FMA:B is overrated. It's just that most of these people wouldn't really bother to talk about their complaints.

OP didn't bash those who liked it, so the level of hostility is beyond me. People need to learn to respect opinions. SMH
The big brown fox jumps over the lazy dog
May 5, 2013 5:38 PM

Nov 2010
Bigbuffoon said:
Meh, people mistake the word "overrated" with "bad". If it's rated 10 by many while I rate it a 9 or 8, then I would think that the show is overrated.

In fact, it would be normal for all who rated FMA:B less than 10 or 9 to think that FMA:B is overrated. It's just that most of these people wouldn't really bother to talk about their complaints.

OP didn't bash those who liked it, so the level of hostility is beyond me. People need to learn to respect opinions. SMH
Do you want to know why people are hostile? I paste this quote from the first page.

insan3soldiern said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Yes you are the only one on this site that has an opposite opinion about a popular and highly rated anime on this site. Any more questions?

I would like to reinforce this post as much as humanly possible. I can also state for a fact that we never ever see nearly identical threads like this for pretty much every popular series. Never.
May 5, 2013 5:53 PM

Jul 2010
IntroverTurtle said:
Do you want to know why people are hostile? I paste this quote from the first page.

insan3soldiern said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Yes you are the only one on this site that has an opposite opinion about a popular and highly rated anime on this site. Any more questions?
I would like to reinforce this post as much as humanly possible. I can also state for a fact that we never ever see nearly identical threads like this for pretty much every popular series. Never.
From what I see, a "hostile" remark from you (I get that your main point is that this thread is pointless and redundant), and sarcasm from the insanesoldier guy.

Like I said, OP didn't bash, and topic is relevant to the forums, so let him be. P.S. OP did rate FMA:B a 7, which is still good.
May 5, 2013 6:19 PM

Nov 2010
Bigbuffoon said:
IntroverTurtle said:

insan3soldiern said:
IntroverTurtle said:
From what I see, a "hostile" remark from you (I get that your main point is that this thread is pointless and redundant), and sarcasm from the insanesoldier guy.

Like I said, OP didn't bash, and topic is relevant to the forums, so let him be. P.S. OP did rate FMA:B a 7, which is still good.
Well that depends on your definition of bash and he also made this post. He has the freedom to make this thread and state his opinion, just as we have the freedom to not like his thread and to state our opinion about his opinions and or thread. You're right, 7 is good, if anything people don't like that he made this thread, not that he didn't like it much.
May 5, 2013 7:57 PM

Jul 2010
IntroverTurtle said:
Well that depends on your definition of bash and he also made this post. He has the freedom to make this thread and state his opinion, just as we have the freedom to not like his thread and to state our opinion about his opinions and or thread. You're right, 7 is good, if anything people don't like that he made this thread, not that he didn't like it much.
Yes, and while everyone have the right to express opinions or whatever, stating opinions about the user him/herself (how he/she sucks as a person for not liking your favorite anime, etc.) is bashing; and while the Internet is very lenient on verbal belligerence, it is still disrespectful.

Animes are stories that contain events, ideas, and sometimes shenanigans that users may like/dislike. If you don't agree with OP's post, it is very possible to state your opinion on the show without plastering "YOU SUCK" on the OP's face.

I personally think that these kinds of threads may lead to intelligent discussions on the respective animes' flaws and what could have been done instead to improve the animes' overall quality. Sadly, people can be such asses.
May 5, 2013 8:07 PM

Nov 2011
IntroverTurtle said:
Bigbuffoon said:
IntroverTurtle said:

insan3soldiern said:
IntroverTurtle said:

No one likes it when these threads are made. It always starts off with people showing their dislike or /paste "Oh boy, here we go." posts and then all of a sudden everyone participates and pages of nonsensical arguments ensue.

As for my contribution to the thread, no, I don't think it's overrated, I thought it was good and enjoyed it, so all the praise it gets just fuels my e-peen. Maybe if they say it's the best anime in existence or something I may interject, but otherwise it's all, as said already, opinions.
Touch me, you filthy casual~
May 5, 2013 8:31 PM

Nov 2010
Bigbuffoon said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Yes, and while everyone have the right to express opinions or whatever, stating opinions about the user him/herself (how he/she sucks as a person for not liking your favorite anime, etc.) is bashing; and while the Internet is very lenient on verbal belligerence, it is still disrespectful.

Animes are stories that contain events, ideas, and sometimes shenanigans that users may like/dislike. If you don't agree with OP's post, it is very possible to state your opinion on the show without plastering "YOU SUCK" on the OP's face.

I personally think that these kinds of threads may lead to intelligent discussions on the respective animes' flaws and what could have been done instead to improve the animes' overall quality. Sadly, people can be such asses.
I asked what your definition was for bashing anime, not people. One could say him making this thread and providing little information could be his way of bashing the anime and getting the fans angry.

I don't think anybody said you suck to the OP, and like I said it's not that people don't agree with his views on the anime(because we all know that our opinion isn't the only one) it's that he made this thread. And I think making a thread about a highly rated anime, saying that you think it's overrated, that you can't understand what's so great about it is stirring up fans(probably on purpose). You don't make a thread basically bashing an anime, in the anime's board where the fans hang out and expect a warm welcome.

They might possibly, but that's not likely to happen when the OP doesn't provide much to talk about. He just stated his opinions about how he felt it was predictable and the characters were annoying without providing anything from the show to back it up. It looked like a rant, rants get no one anywhere. OPs can be asses too.
May 5, 2013 9:25 PM

Jul 2010
IntroverTurtle said:
I asked what your definition was for bashing anime, not people. One could say him making this thread and providing little information could be his way of bashing the anime and getting the fans angry.
From what I read, the OP seems to:
A) Like mysteries and serious plot twists
B) Not like immature and light scenes (and characters that exhibit such personalities)
C) Not like the "usually predictable" shounen style story

If I've gathered that much information from his/her post, then that means that he/she is not spouting pure crap; it also means that he's not entirely "bashing" the anime.

Like I said it's not that people don't agree with his views on the anime(because we all know that our opinion isn't the only one) it's that he made this thread. And I think making a thread about a highly rated anime, saying that you think it's overrated, that you can't understand what's so great about it is stirring up fans(probably on purpose). You don't make a thread basically bashing an anime, in the anime's board where the fans hang out and expect a warm welcome.
A board can contain both negative and positive feedback about the anime and its respective universe, as long as one practices the proper etiquette to properly title his/her threads. At least a reader knows what to expect. An intelligent fan wouldn't go to hate threads if he/she knows that he/she is easily angered by opinions different from his/her own.

And lastly:
I don't think anybody said you suck to the OP
Well...
Somebody said:
sucks to have your brain.
Someone else said:
Your opinion is shit and doesn't deserve its own thread.
You get the point.
BigbuffoonMay 5, 2013 9:36 PM
May 5, 2013 9:41 PM

Oct 2012
I wouldn't say it deserves to be the number 1 anime but there could always be worse. You should check out the original if you haven't already, it's better all the way around for the most part.

May 5, 2013 9:51 PM

Nov 2010
Bigbuffoon said:
IntroverTurtle said:
From what I read, the OP seems to:
A) Like mysteries and serious plot twists
B) Does not like immature and light scenes (and characters that exhibit such personalities)
C) Does not like the "usually predictable" shounen style story

If I've gathered that much information from his/her post, then that means that he/she is not spouting pure crap; it also means that he's not entirely "bashing" the anime.
He doesn't say why he found them immature, crappy twists, etc and he then leaves for 6 days after the OP, sounds like he bashed the anime(threw out bait) and then waited for people to be angry and then came back. And like I said him making this thread could also be evidence.

Bigbuffoon said:
Like I said it's not that people don't agree with his views on the anime(because we all know that our opinion isn't the only one) it's that he made this thread. And I think making a thread about a highly rated anime, saying that you think it's overrated, that you can't understand what's so great about it is stirring up fans(probably on purpose). You don't make a thread basically bashing an anime, in the anime's board where the fans hang out and expect a warm welcome.
A board can contain both negative and positive feedback about the anime and its respective universe, as long as one practices the proper etiquette to properly title his/her threads. At least a reader knows what to expect. An intelligent fan wouldn't go to hate threads if he/she knows that he/she is easily angered by opinions different from his/her own.
And are you saying that the OP used proper etiquette? An intelligent person wouldn't make a thread in an anime's board saying that they think it's overrated, provide no evidence, and then leave for 6 days. The title itself was possibly meant to anger fans. Yes negative opinion threads are made all the time, it's these ones that get rained on as they are made everyday. If he made a thread with a better title, more info in his OP, and stayed around to get answers then this thread would have been mostly fine. Many people actually took him seriously and tried to make their own points, but he never came back. It sounds like he doesn't use proper etiquette so his thread was doomed from the start. If this thread was in Anime discussion, it would have been locked as fast as it was made.

Bigbuffoon said:
And lastly:
I don't think anybody said you suck to the OP
Well...
Somebody said:
sucks to have your brain.
Someone else said:
Your opinion is shit and doesn't deserve its own thread.
You get the point.
I stand corrected on that. But I still say it's because he made this thread, not that his opinion is different.
May 5, 2013 11:02 PM

Jul 2010
Well, I'm not the OP so I wouldn't know what he intends to incite, but it's my self-policy to answer questions with poise and tact regardless of the asker's intents. Regardless, we ought to stop being too off-topic so this ends here.

BTW, I do agree that FMA:B is overrated. I think (and have rated as such) that it's around somewhere between 8 and 9. No problems with the plot whatsoever; it's just that none of the battle scenes made my heart race like crazy. I blame it on the lack of novelty on the jutsu aspect i.e. most of them simply manipulate terrain; the lack of a unique "hissatsu waza" for each character made the visuals of the battles somewhat less enjoyable for me (speaking of novel, Roy's fire is; he's cool. And Envy's monster form is atrocious; that's a compliment btw).

All I can say is that it ended on a satisfying note, but didn't leave me hyped or anything. I don't consider it a masterpiece because of that. Before you bash me for being subjective, I say that there is no such thing as a totally objective review for an artform (anime). Different animes appeal to different aspects of the human mind (reason, emotion etc.) and whatever appeals to a person better gets a higher rating.
May 5, 2013 11:21 PM

Nov 2010
Bigbuffoon said:
Well, I'm not the OP so I wouldn't know what he intends to incite, but it's my self-policy to answer questions with poise and tact regardless of the asker's intents. Regardless, we ought to stop being too off-topic so this ends here.
Ok as long as you recognize that that's not everyone elses policy and know that these threads pop up a lot, which often gets on people's nerves. So what you see here, is not everyone's normal posting personality. Fine with me.

And btw, I was going to keep this to myself since I thought it was a one time mistake, but the plural of anime is still anime.
May 6, 2013 4:40 AM

Aug 2012
Solvite said:
Probably one of few.

I agree ..I'm sure your not alone but you are one of the few/many :)

(btw..I rate FMA;B 10/10 "I" considered it as masterpiece =) it's pretty rare for me to find anime like this :)
May 6, 2013 4:54 AM

Dec 2012
Yes it is overrated I don't see why would anyone rate it above an 8 well I watched it years ago maybe I am not remembering why it is supposed to be so good , meh.
May 6, 2013 5:42 AM

Jan 2012
tsudecimo said:
Yes it is overrated I don't see why would anyone rate it above an 8 well I watched it years ago maybe I am not remembering why it is supposed to be so good , meh.

Good shows tend to annoy Naruto fans.
May 6, 2013 5:43 AM

Dec 2012
corncob said:
tsudecimo said:

Such a witty reply 10/10 .
May 8, 2013 7:46 AM
Sep 2011
tsudecimo said:
corncob said:
tsudecimo said:

If it was a matter of wit, then you shouldn't have code geass, bakemonogatari and naruto in your favorites. Before you come flaming on me, I should highlight that someone should say something or like something followed by a reasoning.
May 8, 2013 9:05 AM

Dec 2012
AnimeCrusader said:
tsudecimo said:
corncob said:
tsudecimo said:

If it was a matter of wit, then you shouldn't have code geass, bakemonogatari and naruto in your favorites. Before you come flaming on me, I should highlight that someone should say something or like something followed by a reasoning.

Oh don't worry I didn't add Bake , Naruto and Geass to my favorites because I have reasons for that I just added them to my list randomly.
This is also a sarcastic reply like the one I said about the dude that replied with a flame bait
May 8, 2013 10:14 AM

Mar 2013
I didn't like it, just wasn't for me. However I could see why people do. So no it's not overrated, definitely a ton of people here who love it.
May 9, 2013 11:59 PM

Sep 2010
It's not overrated, on the contrary, it's underrated because of 1st season, which does NOT contain the original story. I cannot stand people when they say it's better. How can it be? We all saw how wonderful FMAB is, oh God what a masterpiece Arakawa created. And the first season... Low progression, different filler style story, and even the animation and art is worse. So, it's not. I cannot even find a single thing to criticize, and I'm a very hard person to be satisfied, I generally criticize something about shows/books/etc. So my point is, it even deserves a higher point. 1st season viewers do not like it and rate it low. Even if they want to watch, they may not be able to like and judge it independent from the 1st season, since they watched it originally. But there is nothing to be done. I wish it did not exist in the first place.
May 10, 2013 2:21 PM
Sep 2012
AnimeCrusader said:
HurricaneSweet said:

HurricaneSweet, did your mother teach you that, by joining the minority, you will instantly turn to someone special and different? Because I don't think so. You differ from the other users when you learn to appreciate something that it is truly good. Remember it as a life-time lesson.

And I appreciate the original FMA much more than this phony that tries too hard to be like One Piece.
May 10, 2013 2:41 PM

Nov 2010
HurricaneSweet said:
AnimeCrusader said:
HurricaneSweet said:

And I appreciate the original FMA much more than this phony that tries too hard to be like One Piece.
How can you try and be like an anime?
May 10, 2013 2:42 PM

Jan 2012
HurricaneSweet said:
AnimeCrusader said:
HurricaneSweet said:

My sides.
May 10, 2013 2:48 PM
Sep 2012
IntroverTurtle said:
HurricaneSweet said:
AnimeCrusader said:
HurricaneSweet said:

How can you try and be like an anime?

I'm talking about Brotherhood trying to be like OP

@Bison what do you mean?
May 10, 2013 2:52 PM

Jun 2009
@Hurricane

Well technically, this is the version from the manga. So it is not like they went to the OP people and asked what they were doing. The first season just has more creative freedom because the manga was not yet finished. So it is more accurate to say that you dislike FullMetal Alchemist in its original form and would instead enjoy a piece that uses the same characters in a way that is, to you, more satisfying. This is just the way the author intended them to act.

Otherwise, I think this debate is just splitting hairs. You can have whichever season of FullMetal you want...
Suzune-chanMay 10, 2013 2:56 PM

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
May 10, 2013 2:53 PM

Dec 2012
HurricaneSweet said:

@Bison what do you mean?

It means he laughed at what you wrote. And I don't see the similarities between FMA:B and OP.
May 10, 2013 3:01 PM
Sep 2012
I call the 2003 one the original, because it came first.

As for the similarities, it's how the new anime ruins every serious scene by giving every character some overused joke, with the worst timing possible, and the new powers they have are just kinda random magical things with not much thought put into it.

The things 2003 changed/added made it more intense and dramatic, the scenes with nina, hughes and izuna's baby were much better handled than this super-rushed execution.

At first I was like: I'm just gonna pretend the first half of the 2003 series happened then the second half of brotherhood, happened then, to get the full "canon" experience, but the 2nd half of Brotherhood wasn't as good as the "filler 2nd half of 2003, so I went back to considering the original anime is the full experience since everything in it was better (other than the animation)
May 10, 2013 5:33 PM

Nov 2010
HurricaneSweet said:
I'm talking about Brotherhood trying to be like OP
That doesn't make any sense.

HurricaneSweet said:
I call the 2003 one the original, because it came first.

As for the similarities, it's how the new anime ruins every serious scene by giving every character some overused joke, with the worst timing possible, and the new powers they have are just kinda random magical things with not much thought put into it.

The things 2003 changed/added made it more intense and dramatic, the scenes with nina, hughes and izuna's baby were much better handled than this super-rushed execution.

At first I was like: I'm just gonna pretend the first half of the 2003 series happened then the second half of brotherhood, happened then, to get the full "canon" experience, but the 2nd half of Brotherhood wasn't as good as the "filler 2nd half of 2003, so I went back to considering the original anime is the full experience since everything in it was better (other than the animation)
I think Brotherhood should be called the original because it uses the original story the manga has.

They didn't ruin every serious scene, Brotherhood has way more emotion in it. Hey, One Piece's jokes are hilarious, it's never the wrong timing(except for Sanji for 20 episodes post timeskip). When did anybody get new powers in Brotherhood? And One Piece's powers are pretty well explained when they learn new stuff.
And that's not even any good similarities, I still don't see it.

I thought Brotherhood was more dramatic, the scenes with Envy, Wrath, Hohenheim, Bucaneer, Father, and even those ones you mentioned except for the baby. The baby wasn't needed, I felt it was stupid to change the homonculus's origin. If anything went faster then it was the first 15 episodes, not the whole thing.

All of Brotherhood was 10x better than all of FMA. Yes everything was better in FMA other than the story, art, animation, Voice acting, characters, music, emotions, etc.
May 10, 2013 6:11 PM

Dec 2011
#1 in the top anime list!!!
May 11, 2013 12:49 AM

Jan 2011
Overrated, my ass.
The anime has no weak points, instead it scores high where few do:
1. Great plot - not too far streched out of greed and finished when it needed to finish.
2. Awesome supports - and MANY. How many shows are like that?!? Even regular soldiers managed to be relevant and not just fodder. For fucks sake, thats RARE! Not to mention how many episodes the supports stole. And for someone like me who hates solo operas more than anything this is like a dream come true.
3. VA and music - one of the best there is.
4. Animation and art - while the art is to a great degree subjective (some may like it, some may not) the animation was fluent and mostly the action scenes were animated and not a slideshow. Near movie quality in my opinion. And I personally liked the art.
5. No talk-no-jitsu. Again, rare for a shounen. Awesome in my book.
6. Characters died, on both sides. Not too many to become a drama and not too few for the show to get cheesy.

Sorry, but for me, I can just hope and pray we will get another show that good in the future.
120 000+ votes and 9.20 score is... hard to get to say the least. Popularity + high score, that has to speak for itself. So it has to be that good, eh?
May 11, 2013 1:04 AM

Sep 2012
Even with this. I think it's a little overrated. There are some scene of the manga that got screwed in Brotherhood. Don't get me wrong. It's still a fantastic anime. But being in the first place is kinda disturbing. I do think some anime are better. And the manga being in the 4th place of the top manga is sufficient.
May 11, 2013 1:20 AM

Jan 2011
Thats why its a poll. People tastes differ. Thats why shows that are top 10 on BOTH popularity AND score are rare and deserve respect even if you dont agree they are the best.
On the other side, Code Geass, the only other show in top 10 on both lists, I do think is overrated. Who cares, however, it has to deserve it, right?

As I said, lets just wish we get to see another show of that caliber, and then complain about how its overrated. I dont mind :D
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

samatar45 - Oct 2, 2009

286 by Fortvne »»
Apr 22, 4:31 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 27 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Oct 11, 2009

296 by Fortvne »»
Apr 22, 4:31 PM

» What’s bad about this anime ( 1 2 3 )

sangonomiya_k - Nov 18, 2023

132 by Chewbaccaccino »»
Apr 21, 8:53 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

adamantine - Aug 16, 2009

215 by JoeyBadaSS »»
Apr 20, 10:29 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 64 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Jul 4, 2010

965 by _dziku »»
Apr 19, 2:40 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.