Forum Settings
Forums

Otome Game 'Diabolik Lovers' To Be Animated

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Feb 17, 2013 3:27 PM

Sep 2011
Itami-chan said:

Generalize some more, please.

Don't pay attention to it, some people are just close-minded.
Feb 17, 2013 3:30 PM

May 2010
I knew it >D Every new and popular otome game will.be animated xD
I'm looking forward to it, Diabolik Lovers is such a good game <3
Feb 17, 2013 3:52 PM

Jul 2012
Downgrade355 said:
Itami-chan said:

Generalize some more, please.

Don't pay attention to it, some people are just close-minded.

Or ignorant -- seeing as this genre has become infamous for having those tropes in their games. (Not trying to generalize either, just pointing that out.)
Feb 17, 2013 3:57 PM

Sep 2011
ihateeveryone said:

Or ignorant -- seeing as this genre has become infamous for having those tropes in their games. (Not trying to generalize either, just pointing that out.)

Could be both even.
and not this genre only, Casual VN's, harems, etc. fortunately most people don't mind and choose to ignore what doesn't fit their taste and let those who like this kind of stuff enjoy it.
Feb 17, 2013 4:04 PM
Oct 2011
Probably just going to watch it for the art. My expectations for the plot is not going to be high.
<!--link--><a href="http://myanimelist.net/animelist/darkdoll25&sclick=1">
Feb 17, 2013 4:08 PM

Dec 2009
even the young boy with bags under his eyes and a teddy bear is a sadist? T.T
Feb 17, 2013 4:20 PM

Dec 2007
bokurawaitsumo said:

Yup. Don't let that "innocent boy" look fool you!
Feb 17, 2013 4:35 PM

Apr 2009
dtshyk said:
Story
Komori Yui is a normal high school girl, who often experiences supernatural phenomena. She moves to a school for celebrities "Reitei Academy", which has a frightening rumor of vampires. Yui borrows a room in her relative's house and begins to live with six handsome but sadistic boys. Later, she realizes they are not human...

Sparkly☆Vampires?
Feb 17, 2013 4:50 PM

Oct 2010
So many otome adaptations lately, what is happening... well, let's hope the MC gets a personality.
Feb 17, 2013 4:58 PM

Sep 2011
Sae said:

Sparkly☆Vampires?

Lmfao you're a terrible person.
Feb 17, 2013 6:05 PM

Nov 2007
nelsonbrabra said:
otome game??? probably will drop it

Drop it? I am not even gonna touch it!
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Feb 17, 2013 6:50 PM

Aug 2007
Yet, another Otome game to go into anime and for Vampire knight and Twilight fans with vampires.
Feb 17, 2013 6:50 PM

Sep 2012
Downgrade355 said:
bNq said:

http://vndb.org/v10636
I don't joke when it comes to nukige. And nope, I meant as in "regular" nukige, aimed at males. I'm not familiar with otome stuff, didn't even know they had otome nukige as well.
holycrap dude, i just...
You do know that there is a normal anime with the same title right? Sorry man, i just thought you were joking because that's the first thing that came to mind lol.
Actually the title is not the same. It only looks the same because in romanization many people just ignore the long sound of "u". In this case, the nukige has shojo which is "virgin" while the normal anime has shoujo which is "girl", but very often you see people writing "shojo" even though the Japanese is "shoujo". Hence the confusion.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Feb 17, 2013 7:03 PM

Dec 2007
minimiau said:
Yet, another Otome game to go into anime and for Vampire knight and Twilight fans with vampires.

And Bram Stoker's Dracula and Interview with a Vampire should also be compared to Twilight. <_<
mistress_kisaraFeb 17, 2013 7:10 PM
Feb 17, 2013 7:26 PM
Aug 2012
Yeah it seems badass, its worth a check
and the way of how the character looks is kinda the same a Ouran Host Club
Feb 17, 2013 7:59 PM

Apr 2011
I'm glad the 'Reverse Harems' are on the rise. About time the girls get some dominating audience from the industry...BUT looking back at all the otome-game-become-animes most are a total flop because the heroin is so boring - Amnesia, Arcana Famiglia, Hiiro no Kakera, Hakuouki....i could go on

In the end i tend to ignore the heroin and just do what everyone else does and goggle over the bishies :3
Feb 17, 2013 8:52 PM

Dec 2010
not sure if I will be happy or not… I feel it isn’t suited for an anime adaptation since the heroine is meh… not good for anime but the drama cds are one of my faves (ALL HAIL DUMMY MICS)…
Feb 17, 2013 8:58 PM

Jan 2011
Me: OMG another Otome Game XD~!

this it perfect =w= get ready to facepalm
Feb 17, 2013 9:39 PM

Nov 2012
Somehow I knew this would happen eventually. After seeing parts of the game, I can say that I'm excited for this. I just hope that they keep the seiyuu from the game and get someone kick-ass to voice Yui.

I have faith that they can adapt this without butchering the game.
DaeyamatiMay 22, 2013 3:49 PM
Feb 17, 2013 10:06 PM
Mar 2010
Daeyamati said:
seiyuu from the game and get someone kick-ass to voice Yui.

Have you watched Arcana, Hiiro and Amnesia? They did quite a bit of butchering I think.
And considering that the heroine in Amnesia was given such a weak voice...I bet they'll get an even weaker voice for Yui.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Feb 17, 2013 10:19 PM

Feb 2011
Interesting
I'll be waiting for more details

Feb 17, 2013 10:48 PM

Aug 2011
"Handsome and sadistic"

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
Feb 17, 2013 10:56 PM

Oct 2011
another otome game to be animated eh? interesting.
Feb 18, 2013 12:35 AM

Oct 2012
Amnesia kinda disappointed me and UtaPri had a lot of drama (but enjoyed utapri anyway -_-), but eeehhh why not. Redhead looks like a yandere, something interesting should happen...

Hope it won't end up as Vampire Knight.
FigmaFeb 18, 2013 12:41 AM
Alone on a Friday night? Remember that DIO did nothing wrong!
Feb 18, 2013 1:34 AM

Oct 2009
Wow! About time!

Hopefully this will be a Spring anime, like UtaPri and BroCon, but chances are it'll be released during summer.
Feb 18, 2013 2:14 AM
Sep 2012
Official anime site: http://anime-dialover.com/
Feb 18, 2013 2:16 AM
May 2007
mistress_kisara said:
bokurawaitsumo said:

Yup. Don't let that "innocent boy" look fool you!

I swear I could have seen this coming since last week! My mind went *poof* reading the news. I'm definitely watching, I'm all for sadistic vampires. And I'd love to see Black Wolves Saga animated next. Wow seriously this topic reached 100+ comments in one night! I'm speechless, MAL.
Feb 18, 2013 2:48 AM
Aug 2012
I think I must be M for continually watching otome game adaptations...

(Six to one I'll watch it. *sigh*. Well, better be 50 fifty shades of brown or I'm going to be disappointed!)
Feb 18, 2013 3:39 AM
Mar 2010
bippo said:

That was fast. 0-0
I can't wait till February 20th. More details about the anime will in B-Log's new issue right?
I'm itching to know whether it's a TV anime or an OVA.

Vongole said:

Hopefully this will be a Spring anime, like UtaPri and BroCon, but chances are it'll be released during summer.

Nah. Spring? No way. If it's a TV anime, then earliest we'll get is summer 2013 or maybe even Fall 2013.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Feb 18, 2013 4:10 AM

Mar 2010
This looked really good until...
dtshyk said:
...but sadistic boys...

No, just no.

So, it'll have several copies of the same character with different looks? WTF? The way I see it is that it will be ALL about the bad boy cliche. Totally not watching something with ZERO creativity.
Feb 18, 2013 5:26 AM

Jun 2012
Oh my, that's something to look forward too because Kon-sama is in it and it's bloody. I love both and a combination of it and a lot of other seiyuu's I really like, too. I really really want them to keep the cast because that's all a bunch of talented boys that.
I also like the soundtrack to the game, and hope they keep it for the anime.
Feb 18, 2013 5:43 AM

Sep 2011
bippo said:

What the hell? one day, 9 tweets and already 2k+ followers?
Feb 18, 2013 6:56 AM

Nov 2009
I guess I'll give it a shot. I dunno, I keep trying to watch otome game adaptations and can't seem to even get through the first episode in most of them. :/

I really love the artwork though.

What "Adolescence" do you have?
Do you remember "Childhood"?
The irreplaceable one existed there.

Feb 18, 2013 7:17 AM

Jul 2012
I actually like otome anime and reverse harem no matter how bad the production or ending will be. But hey that's just me^^

I really like the character designs, reminds me of Amnesia. Can't wait for this one (vamps, bishies, reverse harem!)! I'm just hoping the girl isn't soft voiced and very timid like the heroine in Amnesia and more like Yuuki in Vampire Knight >.<
Feb 18, 2013 7:42 AM

Apr 2011
The only problem I really have (after having read the synopsis) is why the hell are all the guys sadists? Was the script writer not bothered to have a little variety in his game?
Feb 18, 2013 7:59 AM
Mar 2010
yhunata said:
The only problem I really have (after having read the synopsis) is why the hell are all the guys sadists? Was the script writer not bothered to have a little variety in his game?

this comment made me lol. Actually, does the game explain why they're sadists?

Downgrade355 said:
bippo said:

What the hell? one day, 9 tweets and already 2k+ followers?

Why is it so surprising? O_O is it really uncommon to have 2k+ followers in one day? I don't have a twitter so.
Besides, AMNESIA has like 15k followers right now and look how it's gonna sell.
Feb 18, 2013 8:00 AM

Aug 2011
HikaruIzumi said:
This looked really good until...
dtshyk said:
...but sadistic boys...

No, just no.

So, it'll have several copies of the same character with different looks? WTF? The way I see it is that it will be ALL about the bad boy cliche. Totally not watching something with ZERO creativity.

Guess you haven't played the game. No they're not all the same. They're pretty different. I've played the game, so...

Just because they're all sadists doesn't mean they're all the same person... =.=

Yui is actually a pretty good heroine (depending on the route) and you people who think this is a simple game, it's not. It's really creepy, and has a twisted story line; take it from someone who's played it.

I suppose they're going to do Ayato's route, huh? I WANTED SHUU OR TSUNBARU BUT OKAY THAT'S FINE TOO.

All characters have reasons as to why they ended up the way they did. I say you give it a try (I agree Amnesia wasn't as good as I thought it'd be). I don't want to get my hopes up TOO high or I'll be let down like Amnesia let me down, but I'm quite excited.

Daeyamati said:
Somehow I knew this would happen eventually. After playing through parts of the game, I can say that I'm excited for this. I just hope that they keep the seiyuu from the game and get someone kick-ass to voice Yui.

Rejet, you can take my money AND MY SOUL now.

This. I LOVE YOU REJET.
LaciieFeb 18, 2013 8:04 AM
Feb 18, 2013 8:16 AM

Jun 2008
Actually, if you've played the game, it isn't that much different from Hakuouki and Vampire Knight in a sense~

Itami-chan said:
I never thought in a million years that Rejet would try to adapt Dialovers into an anime. And it's coming. I'm excited as all get out, but I'm worried about how the anime is going to turn out.

Same here, it's not like the plot can be ignored... and that involves some pretty scary things I don't want to imagine in anime format *shudder*

phoenixalia said:

It has to do with the story, but I think there was no reason for Reiji. :O

UtsukushiiYume said:
I suppose they're going to do Ayato's route, huh? I WANTED SHUU OR TSUNBARU BUT OKAY THAT'S FINE TOO.

Probably OTL Too bad his route is the only one in which I bothered to do all the endings, then I only played the prologue of some, but it was so disturbing and sick (Omg, Laito's prologue... X_X) I couldn't bring myself to continue anymore... ~.~ But I heard Shuu's und Subaru's routes are the best, so I might continue them sometime after all.
Feb 18, 2013 8:23 AM

Aug 2011
Face_Faith said:
Actually, if you've played the game, it isn't that much different from Hakuouki and Vampire Knight in a sense~
UtsukushiiYume said:

Probably OTL Too bad his route is the only one in which I bothered to do all the endings, then I only played the prologue of some, but it was so disturbing and sick (Omg, Laito's prologue... X_X) I couldn't bring myself to continue anymore... ~.~ But I heard Shuu's und Subaru's routes are the best, so I might continue them sometime after all.

When I listened to Laito's drama CDs I thought he would be the typical pervy kind of character but when I played the game... he kind of surpassed my expectations. I really hope we don't do his route. His Ends aren't even that great (well maybe because I just began to dislike him at one point). But yeah Shuu and Subarun's are the best.They're just so cute I can't even. Shuu's is pretty angsty and Subarun's just plain cute. I suggest you play their routes, because really they're just so aksflkasdf =///= I loved them the best.

Ayato... meh. He had his reasons, I guess. But I didn't LOVE him. I think I liked Kanato better than him XDDD because he had a more legit reason to be so fucked up.
Feb 18, 2013 9:10 AM

Sep 2011
phoenixalia said:

according to my otome-maniac of a friend, nope, it's just fanservice i guess, or something like that, sadistic heroes are becoming popular lately, go japan lol.

phoenixalia said:

Why is it so surprising? O_O is it really uncommon to have 2k+ followers in one day? I don't have a twitter so.
Besides, AMNESIA has like 15k followers right now and look how it's gonna sell.

Yeah, it is honestly uncommon to get 2k followers in half a day, not even a day, But then again, 2k isn't really much as a total, and as you said, Amnesia has 14k followers and it didn't sell that well, 2k people is like 0.0002% of the population, and the otaku culture makes up like, nearly 20% of japan. but the whole point is that 2k followers in half a day is impressive, but usually the rate of followers drop after a certain amount.
still, i'm impressed.

EDIT: holycrap it's almost 3k now lol
Feb 18, 2013 9:48 AM

Aug 2011
Downgrade355 said:
phoenixalia said:

according to my otome-maniac of a friend, nope, it's just fanservice i guess, or something like that, sadistic heroes are becoming popular lately, go japan lol.

Hmm, well I don't really remember if they explain why they're sadists. I guess it's a fetish maybe. I think they ARE explained for a couple of routes. But each of the guys have issues and they have legitimate reasons for having them. Except Reiji. He's really such a bastard and has no reason for anything. You'll see why (if you choose to watch it XD)
Feb 18, 2013 10:09 AM

Sep 2011
@UtsukuushiiYume
Yeah, it's more a fetish than anything for most of the time, but i read some review about some other otome games (Aromarie's specifically) that tells the background story of a hero and why he's the way he is (Sadistic, crazy psycho lol).

Yeah i think i'll give it a shot, i mostly get involved in otome stuff because of my friend, since she consumes them like crazy, and asks me sometimes to look up some for her, but i did watch Hakuoki and Arcana, this also has an interesting sypnosis so i'm checking it out, i'd like to see this reiji dude lol
Feb 18, 2013 10:53 AM

Nov 2008
the characters design looks good i must say
Feb 18, 2013 6:35 PM

Feb 2011
six sexy vampire dudes? count me in.
Feb 19, 2013 1:24 AM

Jul 2012
VioLink said:
Love the character design and the FeMC looks pretty cute.

I'm usually not one to point these things out, but I don't get why 'MC' can't include females, to the point where you'd use FeMC.

The cryptic comments on this thread about the content of the otome/anime made me curious. Will watch.
LogicielFeb 19, 2013 1:36 AM
Critic.
Feb 19, 2013 1:39 PM

Jun 2010
If it has sex, I am in.
Feb 19, 2013 4:23 PM
Mar 2012
Apparently a sequel of the game is going to be released, it is called DIABOLIK LOVERS ~MORE,BLOOD~. http://www.otomate.jp/dialover_mb/

I wonder which route they are gonna do for this anime adaptation. Maybe they should do an anime original story like Utapri, it seems to be more successful and appealing rather than following the original materials.
melina_putriFeb 19, 2013 4:27 PM
Feb 19, 2013 4:50 PM

Aug 2011
Downgrade355 said:
@UtsukuushiiYume
Yeah, it's more a fetish than anything for most of the time, but i read some review about some other otome games (Aromarie's specifically) that tells the background story of a hero and why he's the way he is (Sadistic, crazy psycho lol).

Yeah i think i'll give it a shot, i mostly get involved in otome stuff because of my friend, since she consumes them like crazy, and asks me sometimes to look up some for her, but i did watch Hakuoki and Arcana, this also has an interesting sypnosis so i'm checking it out, i'd like to see this reiji dude lol

Yeah it does explain it for a couple of characters (e.g. Ayato, Kanato, Shuu... (I guess?)) but really the rest don't have a reason. Subarun's not a sadist and Laito well... drifts from a do-M to a do-S constantly. Reiji is the real sadist, no reasons behind any of his shit.

But yes please give it a shot. XD I love the otoge and I'm going to put my faith in Rejet and those animating DiaLovers.
Feb 19, 2013 5:54 PM
Feb 2012
This series still isnt in the database yet >.<
Feb 19, 2013 8:23 PM
Sep 2012
I just read a review of the routes. Not sure how I feel right now.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

61 by M-T_S »»
33 minutes ago

» Manga 'Dungeon Meshi' Gets TV Anime ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Aug 9, 2022

53 by Dark_Reunion007 »»
3 hours ago

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - 6 hours ago

1 by deg »»
4 hours ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 11:26 PM

» Manga 'Ane Naru Mono' Gets OVA Adaptation

Vindstot - Jan 5, 2020

28 by lucio54 »»
Yesterday, 10:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.