MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Otome Game 'Diabolik Lovers' To Be Animated
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» News Discussion »» Otome Game 'Diabolik Lovers' To Be Animated

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

Pages (11) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
02-17-13, 1:40 PM

DragonsWhip said:
Uhm, okay, so let's just hope this doesn't get animated by Brains Base again, so we don't have to FORGET another horrible otome adaptation. I'll just see if it's any good. I am not really fond of the vampire-thing. Though it sounds perfect for smexy scenes, but still. Yay for another otome adaptation.

Talking about Amnesia? The problem is not just Brains Base, but essentially the staff the hired.
[IMG]http://cdn.myanimelist.net/signature/Mary_Vanucchi.png[/IMG]
"Like this too we met in a dirty and ugly world; Thank you for this miracle."

02-17-13, 1:55 PM

I thought of playing the game but wasn't sure, so I'll definitely check this out! :D

02-17-13, 2:11 PM

@Mary_Vanucchi
I see your point and i do understand what you're trying to say, but those dependant male and female MCs, also have the heroines and heroes that depend on them in more ways than one, you're only looking at the small picture, "Oh she's useless yet she has so many hot guys around her", oh "he's dickless sack of crap and girls are surrounding him", that's not the point you know, i'm not gonna get into details and stuff because as you said, this is going off-topic, and it is not the place to disscuss this, on that note, it would be wise if you don't make a thread about it, both you and me know that it will just lead to more shitstorms.

"The idea of females too dependant on male partners is often related to sexism"
That's because you and oversensitive people like you want it to be related to sexism, if a woman wants to depend on a man (or vice versa) and the man is fine with it, then i don't see the problem, why shove your opinion and your views of what you think is not sexist and what a man or a woman should act like down other people's throat so that you can be happy?

that being said,
"I'm tired of going through internet and seeing people blaming rape victims for the crime because they were wearing revealing clothes or - going back to the point about male harem MCs - going through otaku sensationalists sites and seeing those creepy otakus living in those delusions the japanese culture feed them, completely detached from reality"

Don't you think that's very offensive to many people, and it's also sexist in itself?
No really, even i found that offensive, that's just negative generalising, and a biased opinion, i can take all sorts of crap thrown at me, but that paragraph is just too much.
Please think a little before writing something, and again, i'm not trying to be rude or anything. i'd prefer not to get into this kind of subject too deep.
Modified by Downgrade355, 02-17-13, 2:17 PM

02-17-13, 2:13 PM

Oh my GOD. How is that even going to work. The Drama CDs were holy shit.

Vampire sadist anime pls. My body is ready.

02-17-13, 2:19 PM

It's always the same with this genre, with the kinda normal girl is victim of the most violent men who keep sexually assaulting her or treating her like trash, but she's kind of in love with one of them so it's ok. It's seriously fucked up, even more than the shonen with all the girls way too eager to undress.

02-17-13, 2:21 PM

^
Did you seriously just write that?
It's gonna be a matter of time till this thread gets closed :/

02-17-13, 2:26 PM

I haven't tried these kind of adaptions before so it'd be something different at least. I'll watch it.

02-17-13, 2:50 PM

Otom—I'm out.

loljk. Will try. Don't want to miss something good if it'll ever be.

02-17-13, 2:51 PM

Itami-chan said:

I remember when I only listened to the Drama CDs and thought "There's an otome game adaption, it cannot be that disturbing...".
And then I played the game OTL

undead_blopa said:
It's always the same with this genre, with the kinda normal girl is victim of the most violent men who keep sexually assaulting her or treating her like trash, but she's kind of in love with one of them so it's ok. It's seriously fucked up, even more than the shonen with all the girls way too eager to undress.

Well, she doesn't accept everything the guys do o.o Even so, when I looked on the net for some reactions because Yui seemed like a case of Stockholm syndrome, there were some people saying that the creators don't necessarily approve of the... questionable content of the game, which makes sense.

Whether otomate and others are involved or not, I'm still having a hard time calling this an otome game.
[img]http://i941.photobucket.com/albums/ad256/Face_Faith/MAL/Created%20Banners/April2014signature.png[/img]

02-17-13, 3:03 PM

undead_blopa said:

Generalize some more, please.

Face_Faith said:
Itami-chan said:

I remember when I only listened to the Drama CDs and thought "There's an otome game adaption, it cannot be that disturbing...".
And then I played the game OTL

I never thought in a million years that Rejet would try to adapt Dialovers into an anime. And it's coming. I'm excited as all get out, but I'm worried about how the anime is going to turn out.

02-17-13, 3:13 PM

@Downgrade355, I moved the discussion to your profile. If you want to keep up, check it please.

undead_blopa said:

Dull generalization of an entire genre, great. *sarcasm*
[IMG]http://cdn.myanimelist.net/signature/Mary_Vanucchi.png[/IMG]
"Like this too we met in a dirty and ugly world; Thank you for this miracle."

02-17-13, 3:15 PM

I like Subaru and Shuu but Reiji and the triplets are another story!

Still wishing fora Clock Zero and Wand of Fortune anime! :P

02-17-13, 3:27 PM

Itami-chan said:

Don't pay attention to it, some people are just close-minded.

02-17-13, 3:30 PM

I knew it >D Every new and popular otome game will.be animated xD
I'm looking forward to it, Diabolik Lovers is such a good game <3

02-17-13, 3:52 PM

Downgrade355 said:
Itami-chan said:

Don't pay attention to it, some people are just close-minded.

Or ignorant -- seeing as this genre has become infamous for having those tropes in their games. (Not trying to generalize either, just pointing that out.)
Ghostony said:
Just did a quick skim.. Mahou Shojo is targeted to pedophile muslim extremists that live in california

02-17-13, 3:57 PM

ihateeveryone said:

Or ignorant -- seeing as this genre has become infamous for having those tropes in their games. (Not trying to generalize either, just pointing that out.)

Could be both even.
and not this genre only, Casual VN's, harems, etc. fortunately most people don't mind and choose to ignore what doesn't fit their taste and let those who like this kind of stuff enjoy it.

02-17-13, 4:04 PM

Probably just going to watch it for the art. My expectations for the plot is not going to be high.
<!--link--><a href="http://myanimelist.net/animelist/darkdoll25&sclick=1">

02-17-13, 4:08 PM

even the young boy with bags under his eyes and a teddy bear is a sadist? T.T

02-17-13, 4:20 PM

bokurawaitsumo said:
even the young boy with bags under his eyes and a teddy bear is a sadist? T.T

Yup. Don't let that "innocent boy" look fool you!

02-17-13, 4:35 PM

dtshyk said:
Story
Komori Yui is a normal high school girl, who often experiences supernatural phenomena. She moves to a school for celebrities "Reitei Academy", which has a frightening rumor of vampires. Yui borrows a room in her relative's house and begins to live with six handsome but sadistic boys. Later, she realizes they are not human...

Sparkly☆Vampires?

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (11) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices