Forums

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « 0.6 1.6 [2.6] 3.6 4.6 » ... Last »

Feb 17, 2013 1:40 PM

DragonsWhip said:
Uhm, okay, so let's just hope this doesn't get animated by Brains Base again, so we don't have to FORGET another horrible otome adaptation. I'll just see if it's any good. I am not really fond of the vampire-thing. Though it sounds perfect for smexy scenes, but still. Yay for another otome adaptation.

Talking about Amnesia? The problem is not just Brains Base, but essentially the staff the hired.

"Like this too we met in a dirty and ugly world; Thank you for this miracle."

Feb 17, 2013 1:55 PM

I thought of playing the game but wasn't sure, so I'll definitely check this out! :D

Feb 17, 2013 2:11 PM

@Mary_Vanucchi
I see your point and i do understand what you're trying to say, but those dependant male and female MCs, also have the heroines and heroes that depend on them in more ways than one, you're only looking at the small picture, "Oh she's useless yet she has so many hot guys around her", oh "he's dickless sack of crap and girls are surrounding him", that's not the point you know, i'm not gonna get into details and stuff because as you said, this is going off-topic, and it is not the place to disscuss this, on that note, it would be wise if you don't make a thread about it, both you and me know that it will just lead to more shitstorms.

"The idea of females too dependant on male partners is often related to sexism"
That's because you and oversensitive people like you want it to be related to sexism, if a woman wants to depend on a man (or vice versa) and the man is fine with it, then i don't see the problem, why shove your opinion and your views of what you think is not sexist and what a man or a woman should act like down other people's throat so that you can be happy?

that being said,
"I'm tired of going through internet and seeing people blaming rape victims for the crime because they were wearing revealing clothes or - going back to the point about male harem MCs - going through otaku sensationalists sites and seeing those creepy otakus living in those delusions the japanese culture feed them, completely detached from reality"

Don't you think that's very offensive to many people, and it's also sexist in itself?
No really, even i found that offensive, that's just negative generalising, and a biased opinion, i can take all sorts of crap thrown at me, but that paragraph is just too much.
Please think a little before writing something, and again, i'm not trying to be rude or anything. i'd prefer not to get into this kind of subject too deep.
Modified by Downgrade355, Feb 17, 2013 2:17 PM

Feb 17, 2013 2:13 PM

Oh my GOD. How is that even going to work. The Drama CDs were holy shit.

Vampire sadist anime pls. My body is ready.

Feb 17, 2013 2:19 PM

It's always the same with this genre, with the kinda normal girl is victim of the most violent men who keep sexually assaulting her or treating her like trash, but she's kind of in love with one of them so it's ok. It's seriously fucked up, even more than the shonen with all the girls way too eager to undress.

Feb 17, 2013 2:21 PM

^
Did you seriously just write that?
It's gonna be a matter of time till this thread gets closed :/

Feb 17, 2013 2:26 PM

I haven't tried these kind of adaptions before so it'd be something different at least. I'll watch it.

Feb 17, 2013 2:50 PM

Otom—I'm out.

loljk. Will try. Don't want to miss something good if it'll ever be.

Feb 17, 2013 2:51 PM

Itami-chan said:

I remember when I only listened to the Drama CDs and thought "There's an otome game adaption, it cannot be that disturbing...".
And then I played the game OTL

undead_blopa said:
It's always the same with this genre, with the kinda normal girl is victim of the most violent men who keep sexually assaulting her or treating her like trash, but she's kind of in love with one of them so it's ok. It's seriously fucked up, even more than the shonen with all the girls way too eager to undress.

Well, she doesn't accept everything the guys do o.o Even so, when I looked on the net for some reactions because Yui seemed like a case of Stockholm syndrome, there were some people saying that the creators don't necessarily approve of the... questionable content of the game, which makes sense.

Whether otomate and others are involved or not, I'm still having a hard time calling this an otome game.

Feb 17, 2013 3:03 PM

undead_blopa said:

Generalize some more, please.

Face_Faith said:
Itami-chan said:

I remember when I only listened to the Drama CDs and thought "There's an otome game adaption, it cannot be that disturbing...".
And then I played the game OTL

I never thought in a million years that Rejet would try to adapt Dialovers into an anime. And it's coming. I'm excited as all get out, but I'm worried about how the anime is going to turn out.

Feb 17, 2013 3:13 PM

@Downgrade355, I moved the discussion to your profile. If you want to keep up, check it please.

undead_blopa said:

Dull generalization of an entire genre, great. *sarcasm*

"Like this too we met in a dirty and ugly world; Thank you for this miracle."

Feb 17, 2013 3:15 PM

I like Subaru and Shuu but Reiji and the triplets are another story!

Still wishing fora Clock Zero and Wand of Fortune anime! :P

Feb 17, 2013 3:27 PM

Itami-chan said:

Don't pay attention to it, some people are just close-minded.

Feb 17, 2013 3:30 PM

I knew it >D Every new and popular otome game will.be animated xD
I'm looking forward to it, Diabolik Lovers is such a good game <3

Feb 17, 2013 3:52 PM

Downgrade355 said:
Itami-chan said:

Don't pay attention to it, some people are just close-minded.

Or ignorant -- seeing as this genre has become infamous for having those tropes in their games. (Not trying to generalize either, just pointing that out.)

Feb 17, 2013 3:57 PM

ihateeveryone said:

Or ignorant -- seeing as this genre has become infamous for having those tropes in their games. (Not trying to generalize either, just pointing that out.)

Could be both even.
and not this genre only, Casual VN's, harems, etc. fortunately most people don't mind and choose to ignore what doesn't fit their taste and let those who like this kind of stuff enjoy it.

Feb 17, 2013 4:04 PM

Probably just going to watch it for the art. My expectations for the plot is not going to be high.
<!--link--><a href="http://myanimelist.net/animelist/darkdoll25&sclick=1">

Feb 17, 2013 4:08 PM

even the young boy with bags under his eyes and a teddy bear is a sadist? T.T

Feb 17, 2013 4:20 PM

bokurawaitsumo said:

Yup. Don't let that "innocent boy" look fool you!

Feb 17, 2013 4:35 PM

dtshyk said:
Story
Komori Yui is a normal high school girl, who often experiences supernatural phenomena. She moves to a school for celebrities "Reitei Academy", which has a frightening rumor of vampires. Yui borrows a room in her relative's house and begins to live with six handsome but sadistic boys. Later, she realizes they are not human...

Sparkly☆Vampires?

Feb 17, 2013 4:50 PM

So many otome adaptations lately, what is happening... well, let's hope the MC gets a personality.

Feb 17, 2013 4:58 PM

Sae said:

Sparkly☆Vampires?

Lmfao you're a terrible person.

Feb 17, 2013 6:05 PM

nelsonbrabra said:
otome game??? probably will drop it

Drop it? I am not even gonna touch it!

Feb 17, 2013 6:50 PM

Yet, another Otome game to go into anime and for Vampire knight and Twilight fans with vampires.

Feb 17, 2013 6:50 PM

Downgrade355 said:
bNq said:

http://vndb.org/v10636
I don't joke when it comes to nukige. And nope, I meant as in "regular" nukige, aimed at males. I'm not familiar with otome stuff, didn't even know they had otome nukige as well.
holycrap dude, i just...
You do know that there is a normal anime with the same title right? Sorry man, i just thought you were joking because that's the first thing that came to mind lol.
Actually the title is not the same. It only looks the same because in romanization many people just ignore the long sound of "u". In this case, the nukige has shojo which is "virgin" while the normal anime has shoujo which is "girl", but very often you see people writing "shojo" even though the Japanese is "shoujo". Hence the confusion.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.

Feb 17, 2013 7:03 PM

minimiau said:
Yet, another Otome game to go into anime and for Vampire knight and Twilight fans with vampires.

And Bram Stoker's Dracula and Interview with a Vampire should also be compared to Twilight. <_<
Modified by mistress_kisara, Feb 17, 2013 7:10 PM

Feb 17, 2013 7:26 PM

Yeah it seems badass, its worth a check
and the way of how the character looks is kinda the same a Ouran Host Club

Feb 17, 2013 7:59 PM

I'm glad the 'Reverse Harems' are on the rise. About time the girls get some dominating audience from the industry...BUT looking back at all the otome-game-become-animes most are a total flop because the heroin is so boring - Amnesia, Arcana Famiglia, Hiiro no Kakera, Hakuouki....i could go on

In the end i tend to ignore the heroin and just do what everyone else does and goggle over the bishies :3
Hey! I administer the clubs below. Please feel free to join :)
Click the banners to view the clubs...

Feb 17, 2013 8:52 PM

not sure if I will be happy or not… I feel it isn’t suited for an anime adaptation since the heroine is meh… not good for anime but the drama cds are one of my faves (ALL HAIL DUMMY MICS)…

Feb 17, 2013 8:58 PM

Me: OMG another Otome Game XD~!

this it perfect =w= get ready to facepalm

Feb 17, 2013 9:39 PM

Somehow I knew this would happen eventually. After seeing parts of the game, I can say that I'm excited for this. I just hope that they keep the seiyuu from the game and get someone kick-ass to voice Yui.

I have faith that they can adapt this without butchering the game.
Modified by Daeyamati, May 22, 2013 3:49 PM

Feb 17, 2013 10:06 PM

Daeyamati said:
seiyuu from the game and get someone kick-ass to voice Yui.

Have you watched Arcana, Hiiro and Amnesia? They did quite a bit of butchering I think.
And considering that the heroine in Amnesia was given such a weak voice...I bet they'll get an even weaker voice for Yui.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!

Feb 17, 2013 10:19 PM

Interesting
I'll be waiting for more details

Feb 17, 2013 10:48 PM

"Handsome and sadistic"

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Feb 17, 2013 10:56 PM

another otome game to be animated eh? interesting.

Feb 18, 2013 12:35 AM

Amnesia kinda disappointed me and UtaPri had a lot of drama (but enjoyed utapri anyway -_-), but eeehhh why not. Redhead looks like a yandere, something interesting should happen...

Hope it won't end up as Vampire Knight.
Modified by Blaze_, Feb 18, 2013 12:41 AM

Feb 18, 2013 1:34 AM

Wow! About time!

Hopefully this will be a Spring anime, like UtaPri and BroCon, but chances are it'll be released during summer.

Feb 18, 2013 2:14 AM

Official anime site: http://anime-dialover.com/

Feb 18, 2013 2:16 AM

mistress_kisara said:
bokurawaitsumo said:

Yup. Don't let that "innocent boy" look fool you!

I swear I could have seen this coming since last week! My mind went *poof* reading the news. I'm definitely watching, I'm all for sadistic vampires. And I'd love to see Black Wolves Saga animated next. Wow seriously this topic reached 100+ comments in one night! I'm speechless, MAL.

Feb 18, 2013 2:48 AM

I think I must be M for continually watching otome game adaptations...

(Six to one I'll watch it. *sigh*. Well, better be 50 fifty shades of brown or I'm going to be disappointed!)

Feb 18, 2013 2:58 AM

I don't really like vampires, but I might give this one a try.

Feb 18, 2013 3:39 AM

bippo said:

That was fast. 0-0
I can't wait till February 20th. More details about the anime will in B-Log's new issue right?
I'm itching to know whether it's a TV anime or an OVA.

Vongole said:

Hopefully this will be a Spring anime, like UtaPri and BroCon, but chances are it'll be released during summer.

Nah. Spring? No way. If it's a TV anime, then earliest we'll get is summer 2013 or maybe even Fall 2013.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!

Feb 18, 2013 4:10 AM

This looked really good until...
dtshyk said:
...but sadistic boys...

No, just no.

So, it'll have several copies of the same character with different looks? WTF? The way I see it is that it will be ALL about the bad boy cliche. Totally not watching something with ZERO creativity.

Feb 18, 2013 5:26 AM

Oh my, that's something to look forward too because Kon-sama is in it and it's bloody. I love both and a combination of it and a lot of other seiyuu's I really like, too. I really really want them to keep the cast because that's all a bunch of talented boys that.
I also like the soundtrack to the game, and hope they keep it for the anime.

Feb 18, 2013 5:43 AM

bippo said:

What the hell? one day, 9 tweets and already 2k+ followers?

Feb 18, 2013 6:56 AM

I guess I'll give it a shot. I dunno, I keep trying to watch otome game adaptations and can't seem to even get through the first episode in most of them. :/

I really love the artwork though.

What "Adolescence" do you have?
Do you remember "Childhood"?
The irreplaceable one existed there.

Feb 18, 2013 7:17 AM

I actually like otome anime and reverse harem no matter how bad the production or ending will be. But hey that's just me^^

I really like the character designs, reminds me of Amnesia. Can't wait for this one (vamps, bishies, reverse harem!)! I'm just hoping the girl isn't soft voiced and very timid like the heroine in Amnesia and more like Yuuki in Vampire Knight >.<

Feb 18, 2013 7:42 AM

The only problem I really have (after having read the synopsis) is why the hell are all the guys sadists? Was the script writer not bothered to have a little variety in his game?

Feb 18, 2013 7:59 AM

yhunata said:
The only problem I really have (after having read the synopsis) is why the hell are all the guys sadists? Was the script writer not bothered to have a little variety in his game?

this comment made me lol. Actually, does the game explain why they're sadists?

Downgrade355 said:
bippo said:

What the hell? one day, 9 tweets and already 2k+ followers?

Why is it so surprising? O_O is it really uncommon to have 2k+ followers in one day? I don't have a twitter so.
Besides, AMNESIA has like 15k followers right now and look how it's gonna sell.

Feb 18, 2013 8:00 AM

HikaruIzumi said:
This looked really good until...
dtshyk said:
...but sadistic boys...

No, just no.

So, it'll have several copies of the same character with different looks? WTF? The way I see it is that it will be ALL about the bad boy cliche. Totally not watching something with ZERO creativity.

Guess you haven't played the game. No they're not all the same. They're pretty different. I've played the game, so...

Just because they're all sadists doesn't mean they're all the same person... =.=

Yui is actually a pretty good heroine (depending on the route) and you people who think this is a simple game, it's not. It's really creepy, and has a twisted story line; take it from someone who's played it.

I suppose they're going to do Ayato's route, huh? I WANTED SHUU OR TSUNBARU BUT OKAY THAT'S FINE TOO.

All characters have reasons as to why they ended up the way they did. I say you give it a try (I agree Amnesia wasn't as good as I thought it'd be). I don't want to get my hopes up TOO high or I'll be let down like Amnesia let me down, but I'm quite excited.

Daeyamati said:
Somehow I knew this would happen eventually. After playing through parts of the game, I can say that I'm excited for this. I just hope that they keep the seiyuu from the game and get someone kick-ass to voice Yui.

Rejet, you can take my money AND MY SOUL now.

This. I LOVE YOU REJET.
Modified by Laciie, Feb 18, 2013 8:04 AM

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « 0.6 1.6 [2.6] 3.6 4.6 » ... Last »