MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Otome Game 'Diabolik Lovers' To Be Animated
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» News Discussion »» Otome Game 'Diabolik Lovers' To Be Animated

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

Pages (11) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
02-17-13, 10:30 AM

If she experiences supernatural events I wouldn't call her a normal high school girl.

02-17-13, 10:39 AM

Nachtwandler_21 said:
The story is really sick actually. There are quite a lot of S&M and violence

aaand suddenly i'm interested.

anyone knows what rating it might get? pg-13 or r? any assumptions?

02-17-13, 10:50 AM

Otome game adaptations are always bad and I don't think this is gonna be an exception

02-17-13, 10:51 AM

Will watch : D

02-17-13, 10:55 AM

AmnaMJ said:
@Downgrade355
I'm not sure about the sales figures but the game itself is pretty popular along with the drama CD's (they're even going to introduce new characters with well known seiyuus). I doubt it's taking the same path as UtaPri, both are quite different considering the fact that Diabolik Lovers is R18.. and er the whole supernatural-vampire thing is just an excuse for 'action' to happen.

Not really, Diabolik lovers is R-15, there is no R-18 games on the psp, or any console for that matter.

hiabara said:

R-15, not too smutty, but not too soft.

02-17-13, 11:04 AM

Meh, sounds alright.

02-17-13, 11:05 AM

a waste of money :D

02-17-13, 11:09 AM

Shattix123 said:
a waste of money :D

And you know that how? I thought we were supposed to be taught the expression "Don't judge a book by it's cover" before we even started school.

02-17-13, 11:15 AM

Downgrade355 said:
Not really, Diabolik lovers is R-15, there is no R-18 games on the psp, or any console for that matter.

hiabara said:

R-15, not too smutty, but not too soft.

erm say that after you listen to the drama CD..
in both cases, my point is Diabolik Lovers and UtaPri are not similar.

02-17-13, 11:19 AM

AmnaMJ said:

erm say that after you listen to the drama CD..
in both cases, my point is Diabolik Lovers and UtaPri are not similar.

I'm talking about the actual game, on the PSP, not the drama CD, they're completely different.
my point was that, in an attempt to enlighten those who wonder why they keep animating otome games, it's that they're hoping for some sales like UtaPri, but it's not gonna be easy because Diabolik lover was slightly above average in sales while UtaPri is among the 3 Top sellers.

02-17-13, 11:24 AM

Wow a lot of otome games adaptations lately!
Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ 飛ぶ

02-17-13, 11:27 AM

sounds interesting.. may watch.

02-17-13, 11:32 AM

I had a feeling this would get an adaption with how popular it's been. It has such great character designs and it's an otome adaption so I'll be watching this!

02-17-13, 11:32 AM

I think it's overreaching to assume that otome game adaptations are expecting UtaPri-level sales. No doubt sales like that would make them (or anyone) quite happy, but if 18k were the standard definition of "success" they wouldn't be able to keep making these shows at all. That would set an unrealistic expectation, and the investors behind these production committees aren't naive. The last visual novel (regardless of target audience) to average more than UtaPri was Clannad After Story, more than four years ago.

It's much more likely that the expectations are similar to the majority of male-targeted galge and eroge adaptations: mediocre-to-average disc sales used as a loss-leader to push OP/EDs, drama CDs, merchandise, and some sales of the original game as well. Should it catch on and get higher disc sales, great. But the business model can't revolve around that as a necessity.
Anime sales website at http://www.someanithing.com/

02-17-13, 11:46 AM

02-17-13, 11:57 AM

This is the kind of thing that ends up annoying me to no end, I always end up watching though. :s

02-17-13, 11:57 AM

ihateeveryone said:
Though girl wish fulfillment annoys me a lot more then boy

It's the same with me, but I think I understand why a bit more now. My problem is that some otome adaptations try to pass out as some stylish and somewhat deep story when they aren't that different of fanservice harems in terms of substance.

Also, I find ironically funny how these adaptations targeted to the female audience can be sexist in a different way than male harems - the heroine tends to be useless, has no personality, gets the attention of all the guys and depends on them for a lot of things - and how its fans sometimes despise male harems for being exploitative and brainless tits and ass material.

Anyway, getting back to this new anime... If the game is long and the adaptation is short (around 12-14 episodes), I'll not even get close.

Wow, that's pretty... Disgusting.
(edit: the stuff about the game, I mean.)
Modified by Mary_Vanucchi, 02-17-13, 12:06 PM

"Like this too we met in a dirty and ugly world; Thank you for this miracle."

02-17-13, 12:08 PM

Mary_Vanucchi said:

Wow, that's pretty... Disgusting.
I looked up the CGs after reading this, it's quite disappointing overall sadly. I certainly see some potential in it, but they fail to deliver properly. Well, probably wrong target audience. Give me a nukige with the same theme, MC girl would fit quite well into one of these.

E: Just noticed how low the resolution is, I probably got the PSP CG.. damn. Well, game isn't on sukebei, and I don't care enough for it to search more intensely for it now. A shame.
Modified by bNq, 02-17-13, 12:19 PM

02-17-13, 12:14 PM

Nachtwandler_21 said:
The story is really sick actually. There are quite a lot of S&M and violence

For some reason I believe they will tone that down :S

02-17-13, 12:17 PM

@jmal
Yeah, that might be the case, but even then, i don't see much boost or profit from this, and that's why eveyone is confused.

@Mary_Vanucchi
There is no sexism in it, some people, especially westerners are just oversensitive to things, Japan, and most countries aside from america and a few others have no problems such as sexism or that kind of trivial crap, they don't overreact to these things, if everyone would find excuses and reasons to call out sexism, unecessarily, then i doubt the media would have advanced this much, even though there are some siginificantly negative points about it.
Otome heroines are normal girls, it's easy for the audience to identify with such characters, that's just how it is, on that note, as far as being useless goes, male MC harems are alot more useless going by that logic, there are plenty of exceptions, but most are lazy, reliant on others, and can't do much by themselves, though that meta is starting to change slowly as i'm see'ing alot more decent protagonists these days.

Mimiko said:

For some reason I believe they will tone that down :S

They always tone stuff down, regardless of target audience or genre.

bNq said:
I looked up the CGs after reading this, it's quite disappointing overall sadly. I certainly see some potential in it, but they fail to deliver properly. Well, probably wrong target audience. Give me a nukige with the same theme, MC girl would fit quite well into one of these.

E: Just noticed how low the resolution is, I probably got the PSP CG.. damn. Well, game isn't on sukebei, and I don't care enough for it to search more intensely for it now. A shame.

I doubt anyone would buy it if it were a Nukige, can't imagine a Nukige with multiple dudes and one heroine, it just doesn't make sense if you ask me.
the game is as otome as it gets, the violence and blood is a bit too much but i'm guessing that's just an attempt to spice things up for the consumers, instead of the typical flowery sparkles.
Modified by Downgrade355, 02-17-13, 12:23 PM

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (11) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices