MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Otome Game 'Diabolik Lovers' To Be Animated
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» News Discussion »» Otome Game 'Diabolik Lovers' To Be Animated

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

Pages (11) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 »
02-22-13, 10:10 PM

Slowpoke_ said:
I love sadistic characters <3

Omg xD more Bishounens.

This seems like it might be meh. But y'know, we can't knock it til we try it.

Yea cause we need more pretty boys. Sometimes I wonder if everyone just wants anime to become the cartoon version of Twilight..

02-23-13, 4:55 AM

^ Aren't there more pretty girls than pretty boys in anime, anyway? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

UtsukushiiYume said:
@Face_Faith: Yeah. TT.TT SHUU. That was so unfair.

o.o! Now I'm interested in his route~ From the start I was actually looking forward to playing his the most, but he turned out to be unexpectedly lazy (and his voice kind of conceited). :S Then I'll save Subarun for later xD

02-24-13, 1:50 AM

lobe said:

Yea cause we need more pretty boys. Sometimes I wonder if everyone just wants anime to become the cartoon version of Twilight..

Well, boys get pretty girls and girls get pretty boys. :}
But considering that most anime now only have pretty/cute girls and only a handful of anime have pretty boys...see where I'm getting at?
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!

02-24-13, 1:56 AM

lobe said:
I know right?

We need more plot.

02-25-13, 1:33 PM

lobe said:

Bro, DiaLovers is no where close to the shit that is called Twilight. It's creepy (sometimes sick) and actually has a plot. It's not just all pretty boys.

Plus like pheonixalia said, boys get their girls and girls get their guys. I'm actually glad otome game adaptions are just becoming more popular. There are already a lot of anime with fanservice for guys
Modified by Laciie, 02-26-13, 12:37 PM

02-27-13, 7:55 AM
News Team
I'm glad, I hope anime is less scarier.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!

02-27-13, 6:26 PM

Will absolutely watch! I love animes adapted from otome games! ♥

02-27-13, 7:56 PM

HELL YEAH MOTHERFUCKERS
OMFG i listened to those CDS OH MY DEAR LORD
HIRARIN AKA RAITO

i'm sorry I'M JUST REALLY EXCITED.

02-28-13, 4:43 PM

They should keep all the scary creepy bits so anime only watchers can get the pants scared off them.

This ain't your regular cutesy lovey lovey boy harem game. Far from it, totally the opposite.

02-28-13, 7:25 PM

'ereee we go.

I, for one, am a fan of the Diabolik Lovers drama CD & PSP game [both of which, I assure you, are truly R-15+; if you disagree about the drama CD, I suggest you try Shinsengumi Mokuhiroku Wasurenagusa, a drama CD series which is /still/ not R-18 technically]. I am not an M, yet I can't say that I didn't enjoy this do-S series. Mostly for the voice actors & art, and the dummy head mic. I suppose the last will be nonexistent in the anime, though.

It was one of the two otome drama CDs I had found for the first time. The other being Amemakura, a much calmer and romantic one, so this hit a bit hard. Also, they both used dummy head mic, so it was as if the characters were actually there, whispering into your ear & whatnot. Except with Diabolik Lovers, they were biting the hell out of you/Yui. It's a miracle she didn't die of bloodloss.

I liked vampires; however, I didn't like the romanticized view of them, which is why I was quite surprised after stumbling across Diabolik Lovers. It portrayed vampires in a strangely unique way compared to how they are in typical popular culture. The drama CDs lack in romance. Completely. Admittedly, some of them are quite smutty. The situation CDs consist of each brother speaking to "Yui," which would be you, as a meal rather than a love interest. Every single one of the Sakamaki brothers is sadistic; the level of sadism each brother has varies, though.

The game goes into romance more; however, I feel that most of the endings were twisted and dark rather than romantic. The romance develops late into each route, as well; like I said, it mostly consists of their regarding of Yui as a meal and a toy.

I guess that it would be better to say that if you are here for the sparkly, romantic vampire stuff, you should leave. If you can't handle the heroine being treated as I've mentioned, do the same. If you get scared of the content and/or are not at all masochistic, you should be wary of the drama CDs and games.

Honestly, I prefer a dark story to a sweet one. I was glad that I found Diabolik Lovers in the end. I love the voice acting especially. Toriumi Kousuke immediately became my favourite [and so did Shuu]; I hadn't heard Midorikawa Hikaru in such a role [it took me fifteen minutes on Ayato's situation CD to realize the same voice belonged to Tomoe Yoh from Starry Sky]; Kaji Yuuki was perfect, despite and especially because of the fact that he sounded so annoying [his cute but yandere yelling was impressive]; Kondo Takashi portayed his character very well [I love tsundere characters, anyway]; Katsuyuki Konishi shocked me quite a bit [I was used to his America voice from Hetalia]; and... Hirakawa Daisuke was too perfect for his role [whenever I hear his voice anywhere, I freeze up out of fear].

From oldest to youngest: Shuu [19], Reiji [18], Raito [17], Kanato [17], Ayato [17], Subaru [16?]. Based on their official birthdays, Ayato is the youngest of the triplets & Raito is the oldest of them, which I refuse to believe due to earlier evidence of Ayato being the oldest among the three.
They have different mothers. Shuu & Reiji are Beatrice's children; Raito, Kanato, Ayato are triplets of Cordelia; Subaru is the only child of Christa.

My favourite to worst list based on the drama CDs alone: Shuu/Ayato, Subaru, Kanato, Reiji, Raito.
My favourite to worst list based on the PSP game: Shuu, Subaru, Ayato, Kanato, Reiji, Raito.

I won't go into specifics. Shuu's character was very interesting, but scary in the VERSUS CD. Ayato was the rude, obnoxious "ore-sama" who liked to mess around with the heroine, but he balanced it out in the VERSUS CD with Shuu. Subaru is a tsundere. I have bias towards them, as long as they're not annoying; he's not. Kanato was probably the most annoying character, a yandere [which I hate, but he's so interesting]. He's the middle of the triplets [with Ayato & Raito], but he acts like a spoiled child. Reiji was like some sort of messed-up sadistic butler character, but he was a bit funny at times, although dull. Also, his biting sounds are scary. Raito, however... I hate him. A lot of people seem to like him, but he's the most perverted character & I might have suffered some sort of trauma listening to him. Enough to the point that, despite being aware of Hirakawa's nice voice at times, I freeze up when I hear it. I can't like it anymore.

If I were to speak of the story itself in the PSP game, which I won't go into detail, I would say that it was very dark. Very dark and somewhat confusing. There are a few holes here and there. I didn't especially like Yui; however, I can't blame her for the situation she got herself into. I'd rate it about 7-8, though.

Art's beautiful, though. Lovely, lovely art. Lovely...

When I heard that Diabolik Lovers was receiving a sequel game, more drama CDs, 4 more vampire characters, character songs, and an anime... well, I was surprised that I was actually /dreading/ most of it. There is such a thing as too much, after all. Especially an anime, I'm not too fond of otome games being adapted into anime. Most of the Dialovers fandom seemed to await it with joy, but I simply wondered, "WHY WOULD YOU DO SUCH A THING?" Even the 4 transfer student vampires, who are said to be even more sadistic than the first 6. 10 of them? Crazy.

The Mukami brothers; Ruki [Sakurai Takahiro], Kou [Suzuki Tatsuhisa], Yuuma [Kimura Ryohei], Asuza [Kishio Daisuke]. No point in talking about them yet, though, and they shouldn't have anything to do with the anime.

Oh, crap, I ended up typing a wall. WELL, ANYWAY...

tl;dr - I'M ACTUALLY DREADING THE ANIME BUT I'M TRYING TO LOOK FORWARD TO IT. Seriously, I like the dark story and all, but I can't imagine it being adapted. And so early... I'm most definitely looking forward to the voice acting and hopefully the art [I really hope they don't do too badly with it]. All the characters are sadistic and there's no Twilight/Vampire Knight sparkly kirakira dokidoki romance crap. NOT RECOMMENDED FOR THE FAINT OF HEART.

OH ALSO, RAITO'S NAME IS OFFICIALLY WRITTEN AS LAITO, I THINK... It's habit.

02-28-13, 7:41 PM

Blippity said:
tl;dr - I'M ACTUALLY DREADING THE ANIME BUT I'M TRYING TO LOOK FORWARD TO IT. Seriously, I like the dark story and all, but I can't imagine it being adapted. And so early... I'm most definitely looking forward to the voice acting and hopefully the art [I really hope they don't do too badly with it]. All the characters are sadistic and there's no Twilight/Vampire Knight sparkly kirakira dokidoki romance crap. NOT RECOMMENDED FOR THE FAINT OF HEART.

Haha, well said. Most if us are looking forward to it and scared about how it's going to turn out. I just hope they aren't going to tone things down needlessly because it's the anime adaption. Character butchering is a no, but sadly I can see it happening. I'm also slightly curious as to how they'll deal with that art...

Blippity said:

Hope that this is not going to turn into a Light Yagami situation. In that case Raito/Laito's name would eventually be turned into Light. Let's hope not, that'd be a weird change.

02-28-13, 11:22 PM

Itami-chan said:
Blippity said:

Haha, well said. Most if us are looking forward to it and scared about how it's going to turn out. I just hope they aren't going to tone things down needlessly because it's the anime adaption. Character butchering is a no, but sadly I can see it happening. I'm also slightly curious as to how they'll deal with that art...

Blippity said:

Hope that this is not going to turn into a Light Yagami situation. In that case Raito/Laito's name would eventually be turned into Light. Let's hope not, that'd be a weird change.

Yeah it's not Raito it's Laito. It was in a magazine once, I've forgotten which one but it's lost in the sea of books and papers in my room.

What I'm most scared of is how they're going to do the art. I mean look at KuroKin.

the game:

the anime:

THE HELL DID THEY DO TO IKKUN.

03-01-13, 4:27 AM

UtsukushiiYume said:
Yeah it's not Raito it's Laito. It was in a magazine once, I've forgotten which one but it's lost in the sea of books and papers in my room.

Also this site has already listed their names. I'm looking forward especially to the character CDs. Finally songs by each vampire, 6 character CDs in total and I hope there will be more ♥

03-01-13, 7:46 AM

Sadistic boys? I'm now interested when's this coming out?

"If the king does not lead, how can he expect his subordinates to follow?" - Lelouch Vi Brittania

03-01-13, 11:46 AM

Shadow-Chan said:

the game:

the anime:

THE HELL DID THEY DO TO IKKUN.

... wha.. I don't even know what to say after seeing that -.-

03-03-13, 10:14 AM

Shadow-Chan said:
UtsukushiiYume said:

Also this site has already listed their names. I'm looking forward especially to the character CDs. Finally songs by each vampire, 6 character CDs in total and I hope there will be more ♥

Character CDs?! Oh man, I'm really looking forward to this. (The Drama CDs and game wasn't enough xDDD) I'm also looking forward to the sequel game (or is it a fandisc? Or is there a fandisc and a sequel game? ... so confused)

Regardless, I can't wait until the anime comes out. Rejet, I've always put my faith ( and money) in you. Don't let me down.

03-03-13, 11:30 AM

The genres "shoujo" & "vampire" aren't really helping its reputation. OTL.

For the sake of the pride of the otome gamers & drama CD listeners, & the rest of the merchandise to be released after the anime comes out plz dont be bad plz dont be bad plz dont ruin it--

I really can't see how this is going to have a good outcome. I have a bad feeling about this.

03-04-13, 3:56 PM

Blippity said:
The genres "shoujo" & "vampire" aren't really helping its reputation. OTL.

For the sake of the pride of the otome gamers & drama CD listeners, & the rest of the merchandise to be released after the anime comes out plz dont be bad plz dont be bad plz dont ruin it--

I really can't see how this is going to have a good outcome. I have a bad feeling about this.

Don't be so negative, have faith in the producers.

Unless it ends up being Deen.

Then there's no point.

03-04-13, 10:57 PM

I'm definitely not watching this since the summary sounds like it would piss me off to no end. S&M, no thanks!

03-05-13, 2:06 AM

I do think that we shouldn't pretty much judge the anime yet until the official trailer of the series has come out yet. But this surely is on my PTW already! I'm really an Ayato-biased fangirl eversince, because he's like the most misunderstood one among all the characters. ._.

Claims | Badges | Cards

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (11) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices