Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Feb 16, 2013 10:27 PM

Dec 2012
I heard that SAO season 2 (or 3 if you count ALO as season 2) which features the VRMMORPG Gun Gale Online was supposed to come out today, Feb 17. If anyone happens to know any info, like where or when I can watch it, it would be much appreciated.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 16, 2013 10:28 PM
Jul 2012
Nope. You were misinformed.
Feb 16, 2013 10:34 PM

Mar 2012
Where did you heard that anyway.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Feb 16, 2013 10:41 PM

Dec 2012
A friend of mine said he saw various places, he's usually pretty good about his information
Feb 16, 2013 10:45 PM

Mar 2012
Chef_C said:
A friend of mine said he saw various places, he's usually pretty good about his information
I doubt there will be an anime that start un the middle of season.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Feb 16, 2013 11:00 PM

Dec 2012
NeoAnkara said:
Chef_C said:
I doubt there will be an anime that start un the middle of season.

Thats a good point but I can still hope.
Feb 17, 2013 3:55 AM

Jan 2013
no but there's some sort of event happening today with the creator of sword art online and accel world happening today which probably will announce a second season .
celoerFeb 17, 2013 4:08 AM
Feb 17, 2013 4:35 AM
Aug 2011
I heard that some information about GGO was supposed to come online today.. I mean, it would've been weird if GGO already started? SAO just finished in december.
A dream is endless, infinite.
A day however, is lost in hours, minutes and seconds.

I would dream forever if I could, but.. what is the reason I still choose to wake?
Feb 17, 2013 4:38 AM

Jan 2013
Do said:
I heard that some information about GGO was supposed to come online today.. I mean, it would've been weird if GGO already started? SAO just finished in december.

Will Kirito be in this?

If not I might just pass on it.
Feb 17, 2013 4:46 AM

Jan 2013
Solvite said:
Do said:

Will Kirito be in this?

if you have read the light novel's for gun gale online yes kirito will still be the main character but as for asuna in gun gale online she doesnt make alot of appearence like she did in the past and she cheer's on kirito in pvp tournaments.
Feb 17, 2013 4:47 AM

Jan 2013
celoer said:
Solvite said:
Do said:

Will Kirito be in this?

if you have read the light novel's for gun gale online yes kirito will still be the main character but as for asuna in gun gale online she doesnt make alot of appearence like she did in the past and she cheer's on kirito in pvp tournaments.

Nice.

The anime wouldn't be the same without Kirito's berserk warcry. It makes the show.
Feb 17, 2013 6:19 AM

Nov 2009
Solvite said:
celoer said:
Solvite said:
Do said:

Will Kirito be in this?

Nice.

The anime wouldn't be the same without Kirito's berserk warcry. It makes the show.

Gotta love them Gary Stu's.

Also not liking the fact that Asuna has went from competent fighter > damsel in distress > cheerleader if those facts are right.
Feb 17, 2013 12:58 PM

Apr 2012
Nobody knows what a Gary Stu means...

And no, it won't come today.

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Feb 17, 2013 2:40 PM
Sep 2012
Immahnoob said:

Well in fairness he is right, Kirito is Gary Stu(not as bad as some people make him out to be in my opinion but that is neither here nor there) he is just using it wrong.
Feb 17, 2013 2:43 PM

Jan 2013
Cant we have one thread about SAO without it turning into people bashing SAO?

Don't like it, don't watch it.
Feb 17, 2013 3:07 PM
Oct 2012
Solvite said:

It's like you are actually trying to get them to respond.
Why do you even care that someone dislikes an anime you like?
There are around 5 posters that probably accumulated 1-2000 posts each from this subforum alone, every single post giving their opinion on this show. You can't win against that kind of obsession.
Feb 17, 2013 3:09 PM

Apr 2012
Solvite said:

Solvite said:
JavierR said:
I don't know why you're so bothered by others not liking it. Just like you enjoying the anime, people also did not enjoy this anime.

My comments and statements before today were out of line.

I am trying to have a more mature approach in the future.

This is why it's hard to take you seriously.
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Feb 17, 2013 3:09 PM

Jan 2013
whatever123456 said:
Solvite said:

There are around 5 posters that probably accumulated 1-2000 posts each from this subforum alone, every single post giving their opinion on this show. You can't win against that kind of obsession.

I don't mind if people dislike Sword Art Online. In fact I can totally understand why they dislike it.

But this thread is a simple "Season 2" thread.

Lets just talk about season 2.
Feb 17, 2013 3:11 PM
Jul 2012
whatever123456 said:
Solvite said:

pretty ironic how you just talked about yourself
Feb 18, 2013 2:22 AM
Oct 2012
theoldotaku said:
whatever123456 said:
Solvite said:

pretty ironic how you just talked about yourself

How so?
Feb 18, 2013 4:44 AM

Apr 2012
DarthAbysius said:
Immahnoob said:

Well in fairness he is right, Kirito is Gary Stu(not as bad as some people make him out to be in my opinion but that is neither here nor there) he is just using it wrong.

You're contradicting yourself, if Kirito is a Gary Stu, then he used the term correctly.

But as he does not fit any characteristics of a Gary Stu, it's obvious Kirito is not one, thus, he is using the term wrong.

Autocrat said:
Feb 18, 2013 4:56 AM

Dec 2012
Immahnoob said:
DarthAbysius said:
Immahnoob said:

You're contradicting yourself, if Kirito is a Gary Stu, then he used the term correctly.

But as he does not fit any characteristics of a Gary Stu, it's obvious Kirito is not one, thus, he is using the term wrong.
People seem to think good at fighting = good at everything
Feb 18, 2013 5:00 AM

Nov 2011
Monde11 said:
Immahnoob said:
DarthAbysius said:
Immahnoob said:

>Kirito
>good at fighting
more like good at videogames
The Art of Eight
Feb 18, 2013 5:02 AM

Apr 2012
Monde11 said:
Immahnoob said:
DarthAbysius said:
Immahnoob said:

Like he isn't an asocial prick, dense as fuck and likes only one girl out of the lot, cries at every little obstacle and gets angry at every little thing that happens, plays video games all day, hides his own personality to play solo etc.

Autocrat said:
Feb 18, 2013 5:14 AM
Oct 2012
dankickyou said:
Monde11 said:
Immahnoob said:
DarthAbysius said:
Immahnoob said:

>Kirito
>good at fighting
more like good at videogames

Yes, he's pretty bad at fighting with an umbrella.
Feb 19, 2013 8:29 AM

Jan 2013
Immahnoob said:
Monde11 said:
Immahnoob said:
DarthAbysius said:
Immahnoob said:

Like he isn't an asocial prick, dense as fuck and likes only one girl out of the lot, cries at every little obstacle and gets angry at every little thing that happens, plays video games all day, hides his own personality to play solo etc.

Yeah what an unrealistic character.

Everyone knows all 14 year old boys who get locked into a game and forced to fight for their life for the amusement of their childhood hero immediately grow giant e-peens, start benchine 450 pounds, and powersquat their way to the 100th floor in 3 days.

God. Why.
Feb 19, 2013 8:35 AM

Apr 2012
Where did I say that?

Autocrat said:
Feb 20, 2013 10:07 AM

Nov 2008
Riptos said:
Solvite said:
celoer said:
Solvite said:
Do said:

Will Kirito be in this?

Nice.

Gotta love them Gary Stu's.

Also not liking the fact that Asuna has went from competent fighter > damsel in distress > cheerleader if those facts are right.

well ALO she is she is unable to really do anything because of her circumstances
as for GGO she doesn't actually play the game and Kirito isn't playing it as a permanent thing there are certain reasons he starts it
Feb 20, 2013 10:16 AM
Jul 2012
^ It's the way the author wrote it that dissapoints me.
Feb 20, 2013 6:03 PM

Jan 2013
JavierR said:
^ It's the way the author wrote it that dissapoints me.

I can understand your opinion.
Feb 22, 2013 9:57 AM

Dec 2011
not that same faggot pls
~part-time weaboo
Feb 22, 2013 10:00 AM

Sep 2012
KonaHaruhi said:
not that same faggot pls
Who?
Feb 22, 2013 11:49 AM

Feb 2010
oh what do you know a SAO thread that does not stay on topic hears my surprised face
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Feb 25, 2013 6:37 AM
Dec 2012
seem's like people are arguing over semantics when for the most part they agree with each other..
Feb 26, 2013 4:51 AM

Apr 2012
Gripsocks said:
seem's like people are arguing over semantics when for the most part they agree with each other..

Obviously because some don't get what side were on.

Autocrat said:
Mar 1, 2013 2:16 PM
Dec 2012
I really hope a Gun Gale Oline arc gets released. I don't read manga or light novels or whatever you want to call them, but I loved SAO. The first 15 or so episodes were amazing! The end was pretty good too.

I don't know if this video has any significance but:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZ0IznSbtjk

Any as far as Gary-Stu for Kirito goes. I had no idea what that meant to I looked it up. And Kirito is FAR from perfect, he isn't even portayed as ideal or perfect. He is portayed as being a good gamer. He is antisocial, lacks confidence, and makes tons of mistakes. He is riddled with quirks and imperfections.

Sure he develops into a slightly cooler character throughout the series, but that was situational development backed by a great storyline. Kirito was a great character, great job for whoever thought him up.
Mar 4, 2013 4:53 PM
Feb 2013
That would have to be the most strangest season two trailer I've seen, it started with a count down then all this other random crap, it had nothing to do with the second season, and it did not give any information about the anime it self.

Been three months into the new year, and still haven't heard or seen anything about the new season. :(
Apr 14, 2013 1:51 AM

Jun 2011
How disappointing my friend who praises SAO as if it is a godsent from heaven will be quite devastated to know that GGO will most likely not be airing soon. Its only logical though SAO didn't end that much long ago anyway. He's seriously gonna kill me if he finds out... Does anyone know if their gonna release the SAO manga in English anytime soon? I was thinking of buying the manga and all...
Apr 14, 2013 1:47 PM

Dec 2012
Rayla said:
How disappointing my friend who praises SAO as if it is a godsent from heaven will be quite devastated to know that GGO will most likely not be airing soon. Its only logical though SAO didn't end that much long ago anyway. He's seriously gonna kill me if he finds out... Does anyone know if their gonna release the SAO manga in English anytime soon? I was thinking of buying the manga and all...
The manga or novels have not been licensed (yet, maybe)
Apr 14, 2013 6:35 PM

Jan 2013
Hey guys! I just finished SAO and I think it was quite entertaining, time just flew by when I watched this show (I got to admit that the first half of the show appealed more to me than the second half, though the ending was great).

So what I just found out from your Posts is that the Light Novels are still ongoing. I wanted to ask if the Anime stayed true to the Light Novels or if they have changed alot? And would you guys recommend reading the Light Novels?

Thanks alot
Sanity? I can't even remember having a thing like that to start with...

Apr 15, 2013 10:12 PM

Mar 2013
I found the light novels to be MUCH better then the anime itself
Apr 18, 2013 4:41 AM

Aug 2009
Alucard-Kenpachi said:
Hey guys! I just finished SAO and I think it was quite entertaining, time just flew by when I watched this show (I got to admit that the first half of the show appealed more to me than the second half, though the ending was great).

So what I just found out from your Posts is that the Light Novels are still ongoing. I wanted to ask if the Anime stayed true to the Light Novels or if they have changed alot? And would you guys recommend reading the Light Novels?

Thanks alot
The events are about 70% the same.It is the characterization and world building in the anime is that suck ass(note that I like the LN).
And if GGO is going to be made dont get your hopes up.If SAO was bad at those two things then GGO will be even worse.
Apr 18, 2013 5:17 AM

Jan 2013
I see. Well, thanks for the information ^^ I guess I'll reread the first half oft the SAO show. Didn't like the Alfheim setting
Sanity? I can't even remember having a thing like that to start with...

Apr 18, 2013 5:21 AM

Aug 2009
Alucard-Kenpachi said:
I see. Well, thanks for the information ^^ I guess I'll reread the first half oft the SAO show. Didn't like the Alfheim setting

Good choice.I say give it a try,you may like it more.The anime even let out an entire part that is needed for a later volume.
Apr 24, 2013 3:41 AM
Mar 2013
I acctully looked every where for ans but I don't. Seem to find it
Is there a season 2 or 3 to Sao called (GGO) ?
If yes I really hope to watch it
Apr 24, 2013 4:03 AM

Aug 2009
Blakyx said:
I acctully looked every where for ans but I don't. Seem to find it
Is there a season 2 or 3 to Sao called (GGO) ?
If yes I really hope to watch it
No there isnt.If there was, the anime would be in the database here and flame wars and hype would be all over the place.
May 2, 2013 1:19 PM

Apr 2013
There is a difference between the light novels and the anime, but not so much. I also hate it that they made the manga's even shorter -.-
Equality is the the thing that we need in this world. Without it there is no world to live for.

May 12, 2013 11:48 PM

Mar 2013
Only real difference is the 2nd episode of the anime and the phantom avenger part are not in the SOA light novels (the 1st and 2nd volume). Phantom avenger is a somewhat late side story and the 2nd episode of the anime is part of a somewhat reboot of the light novel series
CloudiusMay 13, 2013 1:32 AM
May 13, 2013 12:05 AM
Apr 2013
I'm not one to hop in bandwagons, be it to hate or cheer a specific series, but the really strong point of SAO was the permadeath threat hanging around everyone like a shadown. That survival element was what made the show standout, and even shine for a brief moment.

A point that was so uterlly disregarded later on that made the show borderline generic, aside from the MMO feeling wich a lot of people seems to dig.
May 13, 2013 3:12 AM

Apr 2013
There is something I noticed and I'm not sure about it, but the ones who like SAO are mostly people who play MMORPG's. Am I wrong?
Equality is the the thing that we need in this world. Without it there is no world to live for.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kirito is the most best realistic character ever created. ( 1 2 )

Zark_42 - Apr 20

85 by LostSpectre »»
Apr 23, 4:42 AM

Poll: » Why does everyone call SAO an isekai ? ( 1 2 3 4 )

xMyst93 - May 1, 2020

164 by OneAutmmLeaf »»
Apr 21, 7:12 PM

» Overall do you enjoy watching SAO? What do you like about it? :) ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Apr 15

70 by Zimmu »»
Apr 21, 10:59 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bippo - Dec 22, 2012

1445 by abahterunh »»
Apr 20, 9:10 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Nasty001 - Jul 4, 2012

949 by Zark_42 »»
Apr 20, 7:18 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.