Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 6, 2008 10:59 AM

Sep 2007
Now it's time for discussing your favourite maho shoujo manga =)

1.Sailor Moon: My all-time favourite maho shoujo manga! In my opinion the manga is far superior to the anime. I find the anime suffers from too much filler, the manga on the other hand, doesn't have any filler and the plot moves at a very good pace. Plus Usagi is a much stronger character in the manga, and I love strong characters =)

2.Cardcaptor Sakura:beautiful clamp art and storytelling make CCS another top favourite of mine. The only thing it lacked was more cards (which the anime had), on the positive side, the plot moved at a really quick pace, so it's very hard to get bored.

3.Alice 19th: I've only read a single volume, but I like what I have read so far. Alice 19th takes a lot of maho shoujo stereotypes and gives them a new spin. It's also one of the few darker maho shoujo titles out there.

4.Dream Saga: I love Tachikawa Megumi, her stories are all so adorable and sugary. She really knows how to make a very cute magical girl manga.

5.Saint Tail: Another manga by Tachikawa Megumi. Tail is a very typical magical girl story, but it's so cute none-the-less. ^^

6.Hime-chan no Ribbon: Loved the anime, so started reading the manga and it's just as good as the anime. I love the main character and how she always gets into tight situations with her powers. XD The romance is also pretty damn adorable.
soaring_wingsFeb 24, 2015 2:04 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Dec 6, 2008 12:14 PM
May 2008
Sailor Moon : Of course this will be the first on my list, I very much love the plot here then the anime version like soaring_wings said. It has too much filler and not much plot. The manga has tons of more backstory and detail, even on Mamoru meanwhile the anime has his past and origin kinda shadowed.

Full Moon : I've got to say to you all before seeing the anime and judging exactly on characters check out the manga. It's completly different. While the anime has good points, the manga has way more points in my book. It's much more dramatic and darker. And the characters are more explained in the manga. In the anime Izumi per say is looked like a villain who's sadistic and careless. Meanwhile the manga he has a GOOD reason as to why. The only thing I found better in the anime is the main character is less of hopless annoying

Pretear: Again I love both the anime and manga. But I love the manga's plotline wayy better. The characters are totally different. In the anime it makes you hate one character at one point whereas in the manga you have no reason to hate him since what happened in the anime doesn't nowhere near happen in the manga. Plus the art of the manga is way more beautiful then the designs of some of the characters in the anime. Especially Kei and Goh.

Rose Princess Took over ten years to add another manga favorite to this but worth it to me, I really liked it along with Alice 19th.
RICEA42991Nov 3, 2022 2:42 AM
Dec 19, 2008 1:24 AM

Oct 2007
I haven't read too many Mahou Shoujo manga.. but this is a no brainer for me.

Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne. It's absolutely great. It's got all your cuteness in it, with tanemura arina artwork (which i adore), and a great story to go along with it. I've reread this manga so many times and each time I still love it just as much as the first time. It's definitely my favorite Tanemura Arina work.
Dec 24, 2008 12:07 PM

Jun 2008

AAAH! WHY DID I READ THE SPOILER?! NOW I KNOOOOW. T___T

LOL. Sorry about that. I just can't believe I was so stupid as to read the spoiler when I knew I was only on volume two.

Anyway, my favorite mahou-shoujo manga has to be Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon. It's just wonderful. The art is gorgeous, and the story is great. Much better than the anime version.

I also really like Demashitaa! Powerpuff Girls Z. It's a cute manga, though, not a lot of people know about it as it hasn't been scanlated or licensed yet. I'm trying to find somebody to help me scanlate it, though. ^_^
Nov 16, 2009 2:42 AM
Nov 2009
1. Shugo Chara
2. Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne
3. Fullmoon
3. Sakura Hime Kaden
4. Mermaid Melody
5. Tokyo Mew Mew
CureBlack2Nov 16, 2009 2:56 AM
Sep 12, 2011 2:09 AM
Sep 2011
I'm not actually as big a fan of magical girl manga -- too many mahou shoujo series seem to work better as anime than manga, in my opinion. I still own almost all of them, though. (Grin.)

And I am OBSESSED with W.I.T.C.H. I waaaaaaaaaaaailed when they stopped publishing it!
Jun 29, 2014 6:13 PM

Feb 2012
Arise thread!

I've only really read CCS and Full Moon. I prefer Full Moon, but CCS was quite fun. It's just that I was expecting it to be much longer and I think the anime might actually offer more than the manga does.
Mar 26, 2018 11:39 AM

Feb 2016
Definitely Cardcaptor Sakura without any doubt but I also enjoyed many other Mangas like Shugo Chara or Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne . :) Not to forget Fullmoon or Sailor Moon.

I will not believe that everything is controlled by fate.

ll X ll
Nov 4, 2019 12:45 PM
Dec 2015
definitely and without a doubt sugar sugar rune. im so sad that the anime couldnt bring us the same worldbuilding, character development and emotion that the manga did. i appreciate the fact all the side characters are fleshed out at least a bit and the art style as well as the sentimental value i have for it because it is the first manga i own and read over and over again.
Jun 25, 2020 4:51 AM
Playing Violet

Jun 2017
Hmm, I don't read much mahou shoujo manga per say, so I'd be hard pressed to answer much, but definitely Cardcaptor Sakura, I love the art (it's so beautiful)~!X3
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» What is your favourite Magical Girl Anime?

soaring_wings - Oct 7, 2008

32 by Dreamingone »»
Mar 29, 10:15 PM

» I admit, I actually find Sailor Moon to be "girlier" than Tokyo Mew Mew and that's not a bad thing

removed-user - Feb 5

7 by ooReiko »»
Mar 1, 2:19 PM

» What mahou-shoujo anime are you watching

pinkrupee - Mar 22, 2013

25 by ooReiko »»
Feb 9, 2023 2:31 PM

» Non fighting Magical Girls, had you watched or read any of these kind of series?

SourcererZ - Nov 11, 2014

6 by RICEA42991 »»
Nov 29, 2022 12:17 AM

Sticky: » Club Announcements/Updates/News

RICEA42991 - Sep 20, 2022

0 by RICEA42991 »»
Sep 20, 2022 12:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.