Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 16, 2013 9:03 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well I have to say that the girls looks decent in their yukata outfits. There seems to be some emotions with Shiori but I enjoyed this episode overall as well the performance. I thought Mimori did a good job with her song once again :)
Feb 16, 2013 9:51 AM
Mar 2012
UE KARA MIMORI~~

Mimori take over the title of AKB's mother/resident troll~

LOL~ I love that she performed Ue Kara Mariko too.
They did hinted her succession at the senbatsu election lol

Her new hairstyle is cute too
I was kinda expecting her to succeed Kojiharu. Those airheads are so alike lol
akbfanFeb 16, 2013 9:56 AM
Feb 16, 2013 9:55 AM

Sep 2012
akbfan said:
I was kinda expecting her to succeed Kojiharu. Those airheads are so alike lol
Since Kojiharu is still around, I did not expect her to succeed Kojiharu, but in terms of sexy appeal, I think beside Kojiharu Mimori comes closest to Chiyuu. But of course if she turns into Chiyuu Tsubasa would not look so surprised. This is when I started to think she would become Mariko.

Some people have voiced speculation that she might fail but I never ever thought it to be likely simply because this would go against the spirits of AKB48 as I know after being its fan for these many years. Plot-wise it may look likely but coming from Mari who is a big fan of AKB herself it is hard to imagine. The anime holds true to a lot of the key principles and themes that are regarded as AKB's virtues, so I don't expect it to be an exception here regarding Mimori's succession.

And a great pick of a song for Mimori to sing!
symbvFeb 16, 2013 10:06 AM
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Feb 16, 2013 10:00 AM

Apr 2011
First off all. Congratulations to Mimori for becoming the 8th Mariko. Her new hairstyle is quite nice.

Before I watch the episode, I got spoiled at the akb0048 facebook page that she'll be Mariko-sama.

-- Will comment more when the subs are out!
MagitoFeb 16, 2013 10:27 AM
Feb 16, 2013 11:29 AM
Jul 2012
Oh Mii-chan what you've done to AKB? talk about irony lol

and damn every episodes is so emotional ;_;
plexusFeb 16, 2013 12:28 PM
Feb 16, 2013 11:34 AM

Jun 2011
I never imagined her to be Mariko.
Rayn3698Feb 17, 2013 4:01 PM
Feb 16, 2013 2:51 PM

Jan 2013
wtf mii-chan, how can u do that...
what about " if u want bring back center nova position i gonna stop you" talk? -_-

I like more old Mimori :x new Mariko seems so... almost a new character, instead mimori T.T
sigh..
Feb 16, 2013 9:04 PM

May 2012
Mimori's succession song was just....AWESOME (and I have to thank EveTaku for making it so, I would have missed out on so much if it they hadn't subbed the lyrics). Mimori's new look is also awesome, I love it. And Chieri's dad gives me the creeps for some reason.
Go ***k yourself.

Polite as usual,
lightXTC
Feb 16, 2013 9:13 PM
Mar 2012
^
Ue Kara Mariko lyric is nice since it's about Mariko, the sadistic troll of AKB lol :P The whole song is a joke about her personality. Caption have the eng subs.

Feb 16, 2013 9:40 PM

Feb 2012
Pretty unexpected development there. Didn't think Mii-chan was working with Chieri's dad o_O
Feb 16, 2013 10:06 PM

Feb 2013
i know right well i guess the plot thickens
Feb 16, 2013 10:11 PM

Sep 2011
Quite the heartwarming episode for Mimori (I mean Mariko)

Can't wait to see what happens next ep
Feb 17, 2013 12:14 AM

Apr 2011
I finally watched the subs. Mariko the sadistic devil? lol

Fans of Mimori made a survey about who'll be her successor, and her VA Satou Sumire was in top 3.

Then the converstion wth Kanata and Shiori. We knew Kanata would be the next Takamina, but this is becoming strongly hinted that she's already qualified to be a successor for long time and that Shiori is blocking her progress. Kanata had a fever of succession already which shock the current Takamina.

It's nice to see some conflict between the two. What will happen now?

So Miichan is working with Chieri's father now? She really wants to stop Center Novae competition.

Things are gonna get intense next episode as DES will attack Akibastar and possibly kidnap Hikari, Chieri, and Nagisa.

Random thoughts:
- Nagisa without her ribbon felt refreshing to see
- It was nice to see Megumi again.
- lol at Makoto and Sonata having eyebugs
- What if Kanata succeeded Takamina so there'll be two Takamina? That'll be a wtf moment. But that would be a nice twist I think.
- I have a feeling the 14th Acchan will be saved for the last few episodes.
MagitoFeb 17, 2013 12:26 AM
Feb 17, 2013 12:56 AM

Jul 2011
LMAO
Mimori..
Mariko...
SADISTIC...

Anyways...wahh I didn't expect that. It's like the complete opposite of what her personality was already.
But she is still nice anyway
ANYWAYS why do I always get nervous while watching AKB0048??!!
So much Mystery, so much suspense!!

Why Mii-chan?! Why are you working with thy enemy. Or supposed enemy?!

And what is chieri's dad planning to do? Make the center nova appear? Maybe.

I really hope Kanata doesn't take takamina's succession away from her. I hope she succeeds, but as someone else.

And the center of attention isn't Nagisa and Chieri anymore...I am still waiting to see what will happen to those two. But I guess that will happen much much much later.

Honestly, 13 episodes is SIMPLY NOT ENOUGH (per season).

OH and the subs that I watched, some parts were not subbed so that kind of pissed me off. But then again not really, because they are fansubs and the people do it for free.

Anyways good show, very well damn good show.
MoonXArtemisFeb 17, 2013 1:01 AM
Feb 17, 2013 1:36 AM

Jun 2012
This is bullshit.
I want my masochist Mimori back already.
Feb 17, 2013 2:12 AM
Feb 2011
I did not see that one coming -_- but the clues were there in episode 6. There was a glimpse of Mariko's legs (I think that was Mariko's legs lol) and Tsubasa's WTF reaction at the end. I'm just slow at connecting the dots :P

As for the unexpected betrayal, sarcasm enough? But I don't really think the writers deliberately did that just because of Miichan's scandal issue. Even last season she threatened Tsubasa. She said she will do anything to stop her if she brings back the center nova position. Talk about drama!

Oh the part where Mimori cut her hair. I really thought she was cutting it short to match Acchan's hair. Guess Kawamori managed to troll me. Again. No, wait. That was the first troll. ARRRRRGGGGHH!

I guess it's safe to say now that Nagisa is Maeda Atsuko the 14th. Anyone disagrees?
I think therefore I am. Lulz☆彡
Feb 17, 2013 3:29 AM

Jan 2013
Btw, dualium crystal in that room where mimori wakes up, dualium on Lancastar where Kenkyusen gave their first concert...

._.
sigh..
Feb 17, 2013 5:47 AM

Jan 2011
I know Mii-chan was unexpected but it isn't unreasonable.
They both seek to figure out how Center Nova works - and Mii-chan's made it quite clear she'll do ANYTHING to stop it.

I'm super happy for Mimori and I hope Kanata succeeds to!
As much as I would miss Takamina-san if she succeeds, I think Kanata is a really great match for her.Given, there are plenty of other people Kanata could succeed as well with her personality!
Feb 17, 2013 5:49 AM

Dec 2012
Rayla said:
Spot saved for when subs are out

aka spam
---

I can't tell if Kanata is dense, or just doesn't want to believe the truth. I mean Takamina basically spelled it out for her. Takamina doesn't want to give up her position without a fight. All Kanata needs to do is say that she wants the spot at this point.

Mimori Mariko looks good in her new hairstyle, and I like how she pulled Kanata into the spotlight.
Feb 17, 2013 5:53 AM

Oct 2011
I knew it! Mimori looks great as Mariko and the performance of Ue Kara Mariko was awesome! It was really nice to see her parents cheering her on as well. Tsubasa saying that "it will become clear why she succeeded Mariko soon" and Sensei-Sensei saying "Mimori... Mariko... Sadistic..." was really strange ;~; Looking forward to the explanation.

Miichan working with Zodiac was quite shocking, but I have a feeling she's only doing it so she can find out how Center Nova works and how she can stop it.
Feb 17, 2013 6:06 AM

Sep 2012
Yvese said:
Pretty unexpected development there. Didn't think Mii-chan was working with Chieri's dad o_O
Magito said:
So Miichan is working with Chieri's father now? She really wants to stop Center Novae competition.
MoonxArtemis said:
Why Mii-chan?! Why are you working with thy enemy. Or supposed enemy?!
The only thing I had on my mind when I watched this is when Miichan realizes what she did was wrong and betrayed the spirits of AKB, will she repent by shaving her head?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Feb 17, 2013 7:10 AM

Jan 2011
Minamino Mikako better not fuck shit up. This can be considered betrayal, but it depends on what Chieri's father is going to do with all of this information.
I'm looking forward to more, this is getting pretty interesting.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Feb 17, 2013 8:53 AM

Aug 2011
I love u Mimori. Great new hair style and i really want to see kanata becomes a successor by Christmas. It looks like Zodiac is gonna start a war on akibastar and why is miichan workin for them.
Feb 17, 2013 9:47 AM

Nov 2007
Am I the only one who confuses Kanata and Yuuko? Both their personalities and hairstyles strike me as similar. @_@ Anyway, loved this episode :D Congrats Mimori, or should I say, Mariko! ^^

Feb 17, 2013 11:27 AM

Mar 2010
Amazing episode and plot twist. I'm really happy Mimori became a successor but I wonder why Mariko. Hopefully, they won't keep us in dark about it for a long time (an episode is the longest I can wait XD). Do you think she'll change her hairstyle more? I mean, successors usually adapt the hairstyle of the original idol perfectly, yet Mimori/Mariko just cut her hair. WTF is Chieri's dad after? And what are those stuff he was talking about? I want next episode... NOW!
Feb 17, 2013 12:07 PM

May 2011
It seems that idols really do change after they reach succession. I've always felt that there had been something off when it came to the personalities of the successors. I definitely got some successor vibes from Mimori after she became Mariko. It's pretty interesting to see that there's an ulterior motive behind these personality traits.
Feb 17, 2013 3:11 PM

May 2012
This episode had quite a lot of PLOT for it mostly being about Mariko the 8th...

We learned who the bad guys were, Konata and Takamina finally talked about the succession thing in the first season... the plot thickens! Something tells me the next episode isn't going to be quite as good though...

Also, why is Chieri's father even researching the Center Nova stuff? Even if he's running illegal gambling on the 00 members, doesn't it hurt his business more to create a Center Nova?
Feb 17, 2013 3:39 PM

May 2011
So Mimori did end up succeeding Mariko! Good for her :D. That introductory concert was great to watch and although there seems to be a change in Mimori, I can still see that her personality hasn't changed much with how much she cares for her fans and Kanata. But lol so is she suppose to become sadistic now? And when I saw Mimori cut her hair I was like nooooooooooooooo but her new look actually turned out really pretty so that was relieving.

That scene at the end was pretty touching to watch and I would love to see Kanata succeed but I would hate to watch the Takamina drama come back again since these two are among my favorite chars :(. Ughhh that would just suck. Please let there be a way where Kanata can succeed without pushing Takamina out.

Wtf Miichan is the one that's working with Chieri's dad!? And I wonder why he's pushing so hard for a Center Nova event to happen. I got a bad feeling about this.
ZeroZxFeb 17, 2013 4:19 PM
Feb 17, 2013 6:24 PM

Sep 2012
tapanda said:
Also, why is Chieri's father even researching the Center Nova stuff? Even if he's running illegal gambling on the 00 members, doesn't it hurt his business more to create a Center Nova?
ZeroZx said:
And I wonder why he's pushing so hard for a Center Nova event to happen. I got a bad feeling about this.
I think he made it clear in earlier episodes that his main interest is to exploit the Kirara power for his industry/business? And to understand more about Kirara power, it is necessary to trigger more Kirara events, hence the "controlled fights" of DES with AKB0048, and the ultimate Kirara event is the Center Nova event, which means maximum power released and my guess is Chieri's father would love to gain understanding about it and in time exploit its power as well.

Feb 18, 2013 12:06 AM
Jan 2012
I'm really happy for Mimori. She's one of my favorite girls and I felt so proud for her. She was always smiling and so cheerful, even if she was in the "cursed" generation. And even though it was "her" night, she made sure that her friend wasn't forgotten. And her ponytail is lovely.

I actually don't want Nagisa to succeed (any time soon anyway) though. Not because I dislike her, but there are so many other girls that are patiently waiting for their time to shine. I know, I know, if they were meant to be, they'd have done it and had sparkly kirara all over the palce, but Nagisa just...ugh. That last episode's speech during the concert put a bad taste in my mouth about her. I just felt that was so rude, even though I knew she couldn't help herself. I get you want to shine, but this isn't your performance or a hand shake event. Focus and sing, girly. I feel like she's more focused on just succeeding than her previous wishes of spreading music (at least, it was more in the forefront in the last season).

I'd be fine with Chieri succeeding since she seems a bit more humble about the whole thing. She wants what she earns and tries really hard regardless of her position. I do think she needs a bit more time to become a more seasoned understudy, but if it was between her and Nagisa, I'd vote Chieri.

I also wish the other girls with Nagisa's generation would get a bit more air time. They're starting to feel more like the peanut gallery than the cast.
Feb 18, 2013 1:53 AM

Sep 2012
Watching this episode again I took closer look at the fan prediction of who Mimori will succeed:

1. 11th Chiyuu
2. 6th Sumire
3. 14th Acchan
4. 9th Kojiharu
5. 8th Mariko
6. 5th Miyuki

This just goes to show the attention to details of Mari (who wrote the screenplay) and how the staff really know AKB48. As I said earlier, in terms of style Mimori comes closet to Chiyuu and it is great to see the anime agrees with that. For #2, it is a great inner joke if we know who voices MImori. For #3, it is what a lot of watchers are guessing. For #5, we have what actually happened. And #4 and #6 are just the other clear alternatives that Mimori look suitable (because of her sexy appeal).

And it is clear here that the usual fans do not know that a girl cannot succeed an existing member if she is still active in AKB0048.

Feb 18, 2013 3:18 AM
Feb 2013
i swear, that was one of the best anime episodes i ever watched... *^*

well my prediction was wrong, but i just LOVE mimori as mariko!!! ^.^

i laughed when i noticed this though:
in season 1, mimori said she was a masochist
in season 2, mimori succeeded a sadist.

!@#$%^&*(?!?!?!? XD

but i loved it when mimori pulled kanata and brought up the promise. is it just me or her voice sounds different? no complaint though.

then we have the very serious convo between takamina and kanata >_> i do feel like kanata should succeed soon, i feel sorry for her. she woks so hard.

plus kanata had the fever before... i wonder if someone popped up in her dream, but she hid it? she DID say 'that name holds a special place in my heart'

But then it feels like she's missing takamina's... feel, idk ._. takamina always gets pranked, after all...

<s>and plus she's missing the height issue </s>

takamina was crying ;-; i was like NOOO JUST LET THEM BOTH BE SUCCESSORS OAO

the third thing i'd like to point out is mii-chan.

sduhwidhnoiRKSJRGCF IEJSGHNKuwg4i21t48y732yvcw998 OAO

i was like MIICHANWHATTHEFISHIES

well she WAS gung-ho over preventing the center nova phenomenon...

now that i think about it, i also remember miichan so pumped out to get kiraradesushines photos ._.

i don't even know who's bad or good anymore x_x seriously, what's chieri's dad's intentions?!

NEW EPISODE COME QUICK~
Feb 18, 2013 7:21 AM

May 2012
I called it! She succeeded who Tsubasa was before!

AWESOME episode ~

Kanata really needs to succeed Takamina :(

I do like Takamina, but I really feel like it's time for things to change up.

And, I really hope that the next epiosde we get to see some serious Nagisa action! She's just GOTTA succeed Acchan!

Also, the yuri vibes between Kanata and Mariko were crazy :0

So, we've got Nagisa and Chieri, Kanata and Mariko, Tsubasa and Acchan the 13th, maybe Sonata and Makocchi? And finally Miichan and Chieri's dad. It would fit the whole situation with AKB0048 that's currently going on really. So I wouldn't be surprised if that's what's going on.

Can't wait for another episode ~
Feb 18, 2013 6:49 PM

Jan 2012
mariko-sama has returned!!! lol
looks like next week we'll see some evil things behind the zodiac corporation
Feb 18, 2013 7:32 PM

Apr 2011
Nagisa will be Acchan the 14th. I just know it! XD

A lot of fans are rooting for her.
MagitoFeb 22, 2013 3:55 AM
Feb 19, 2013 5:37 PM

Oct 2012
10/10

Feb 20, 2013 7:20 PM
Mar 2012
Iwata Karen blogged about ending the recording for the last ep. If anyone is wondering, look like there won't be a 3rd season since she sound pretty definitely

-------

Feb 20, 2013 8:21 PM
Feb 2011
akbfan said:
Iwata Karen blogged about ending the recording for the last ep. If anyone is wondering, look like there won't be a 3rd season since she sound pretty definitely

-------

So no 3rd season huh? I just hope it's gonna be a good ending. I'm anticipating Nagisa to become Acchan and maybe Chieri/Yuko to be Center Nova. But with so many mysteries are still unanswered such as Zodiac, Takamina/Kanata situation, Yuko's center nova ambitions, Center Nova disappearance, origins of Kirara, other KKS successions, Miichan and of course Acchan the 14th, will the other 6 episodes be enough?
I think therefore I am. Lulz☆彡
Feb 22, 2013 4:05 AM

Apr 2011
akbfan said:

-------

I'm curious as to what her fans think of Nagisa.

It may look like it won't have a 3rd one, but it's not really sure yet.
Feb 22, 2013 2:27 PM
Mar 2012
Magito said:

I'm curious as to what her fans think of Nagisa.

It may look like it won't have a 3rd one, but it's not really sure yet.

They said she did a good job voicing, hope she get more jobs in the future, they want a film adaptation, looking forward to meeting her at handshake event etc. There were alot saying they like the show. About Nagisa, I noticed comments saying they like how she's a calm but clumsy girl but is a hardworker. One person talked about the Aitakatta auditioning video in the first ep.

I didn't read them all since there were 500 comments but that's the general idea.
Feb 22, 2013 3:48 PM

Jan 2013
Hum... preview does not show much about what chieri's father was talking about...
or it could be my fault not understanding what nagisa is saying here xD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zi7s0aZTLY4
sigh..
Feb 24, 2013 7:24 PM

Feb 2013
5/5

I was really impressed how they built the suspense for Mimori's sucession, and I totally love her new look. I didn't take much notice of her from the other episodes, but now I'm a Mariko the 8th fan!

I can't wait to see how Mimori/Mariko is going to push Kanata... or perhaps push Takamina out... I hope the foreshadowing of her "sadistic" ways won't be a letdown.
Mar 2, 2013 5:27 AM

Dec 2012
I shocked when I know Mimori become 8th Mariko. -_-
I think she more suitable become Chiyuu or Milky.
Feb 13, 2014 7:33 PM

Feb 2013
(rewatching)

Mimori Revolution!

"Mariko from above. A sadistic devil is she! Humiliating me out of love with these demands. Why this all of a sudden? Why do you close your eyes? Are you serious? Or is this a joke?"

This episode excited me so much I joined this site a year ago! (hi my first post up there ^^)
Apr 18, 2014 10:48 PM

Jul 2008
This show manages to get me so excited.

Personally, Nagisa doesn't seem that special to me. I would never vote for her in an election, and she is really wishy washy.
May 22, 2014 8:13 PM

Feb 2013
3rd time watching

Takamina is short... and she basically told Kanata that she's the next Takamina...

Love Mimori's song, Mariko from Above. This anime makes me smile, like none other :)
Jun 10, 2014 12:35 AM

Dec 2012
@ BurntJelly - your forum ava has caught my eye in the episode discussions and I always wondered where it was from. The mystery is finally solved!

@ Episode - Next Stage is seriously turning out to be something else. Every single episode so far has been emotionally compelling and this one was no exception. Well actually it was, because it was incredibly great to see Mimori become Mariko. Love her new hairstyle and her calling out Kanata to be her Christmas gift was a heartwarming hoot. I was surprised that Takamina came clean to Kanata though, it's one of those paradoxes where I don't want her to leave but I want Kanata to become a successor as well.

I'm surprised by how much the characters have grown on me and how I care about them to a much greater degree than normal. I guess that just goes to show how great this series is.
Sep 9, 2015 4:39 PM

May 2012
I prefered her with long hair, but well I don't mind this new look either! A nice and cute episode in general. Let's see what's next.
Jul 3, 2019 9:06 AM

Nov 2013
I hate that they change their names, appearances, even personalities to become some copy of the former idol. This is total bullshit, i'd like to see real Mimori not this.
Oct 19, 2019 9:15 AM

Oct 2015
So Mimori took on Tsubasa's name of Mariko, it was very unexpected and totally cool. Her new hairstyle looked radiant, and also that was a stunning performance from her.

I also think Kanata is holding herself back, by considering Takamina's feelings. I hope she will be greedy as Mariko suggested.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » AKB0048 Next Stage Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2013

156 by Destroyer31 »»
Nov 6, 2023 6:41 PM

Poll: » AKB0048 Next Stage Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 26, 2013

59 by Destroyer31 »»
Nov 6, 2023 6:45 AM

Poll: » AKB0048 Next Stage Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

symbv - Mar 23, 2013

79 by TitanInsane »»
May 18, 2021 7:18 AM

Poll: » AKB0048 Next Stage Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2013

69 by TitanInsane »»
May 18, 2021 6:57 AM

Poll: » AKB0048 Next Stage Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2013

83 by TitanInsane »»
May 18, 2021 4:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.