Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jul 21, 2014 3:28 PM

Jun 2009
Good episode, things are still pretty tense. So, it looks like Saki is finally taking the reigns from Tomoki. Also, if it's true, I don't like how the anime creators are leaving out scenes/moments between Saki and Satoru. It's been hard to grasp their relationship, it seems like the anime is pushing Maria and Shun more, and now I know why. I really don't care for the change. Definitely need to read the novel at some point.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Aug 2, 2014 4:13 AM

Feb 2011
smart way to get away from the fiend

._. they really like to create biological bombs.. first the dog and now that fish thing..

saw again that strange rock near the village, the upside down cone, it's from the start it's there, wonder if it has some meaning in the story

the time of tomiko has come :(

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Sep 16, 2014 4:09 PM

May 2009
StormViruz said:
MelbShaw said:
Did Saki completely brushed off Satoru after that explosion and went about her business? lol

Thank God, I'm not the only one who noticed it. =,=

Same here. Just like in episode five, when the monk dies and nobody even mentions it, and then after Saki and Satarou get separated from the rest, once again not even a mention. But this time around it was much worse because it was too obvious. Whoever writes these scripts is seriously missing a cog or two...
Sep 21, 2014 10:51 PM

Sep 2011
MelbShaw said:
Did Saki completely brushed off Satoru after that explosion and went about her business? lol

It seems that way. So many strange behaviours in this series...
Jan 1, 2015 8:25 PM
Oct 2014
lj167 said:
This show continues to deliver week after week after week. I feel so bad for the poor souls who dropped it because they couldn't handle some boys making out.

thats the only reason i kept watching it lol
Feb 23, 2015 5:58 PM

Nov 2014
I know I'm late to the discussion, but quite an interesting discussion there. :)

However, even tho we have CERN, ITER, SNO, it is still the military that gives us the advances in technology that we have today. A year or two, mind control technology was researched, or should I say is being researched at the University of Washington, and, it was the military that offered to invest money in it, just as DARPA created the internet and other technological advancements that we have today; computers used for military purposes, heck, they are 10 or 15 years ahead of the technology we have today.
For example, NASAs' budget is just a dot($17 bil, I think is for 2015), compared to the military budget of $600 and something billion, and, for their R&D $63.347 billion.

Back OT, I really wonder why there was no mention of Satoru after that explosions, and the anime writers desperately somehow try to undermine and force the relationship of Maria, Shun and Saki, and, for me, that feels really forced and unnatural. I like the relationship between Satoru and Saki. I liked their relationship even from the beginning of the show, because I felt it was natural, while the relationship between Shun and Maria somehow felt forced to me, though, it might be different in the novel.
Even tho informing the village of the threat to come takes utmost importance, a mention of Satoru and whether he's alright or not in Saki's mind would've sufficed, but, they deliberately somehow want to omit that.

Other things some other users mentioned, especially in episode 16, is that they remember who Shun is, based on the novel and they omit this in the anime, as well as in this episode [intentionally] omitting that Saki says that she loves Satoru.

Edit; I also think Satoru might be a better leader than Saki, as he's shown to be quite level headed and bringing good decisions in stressful situations, as well as knowing how to get out of a messy situation.
ourielFeb 23, 2015 6:02 PM
Mar 7, 2015 1:57 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I'm wondering how Saki remains so cool in the face of losing Satoru. Am I missing something there? Is she assuming he's alive?

The society they built was sorely ill prepared for a catastrophe of this magnitude.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 21, 2015 5:23 PM

Jan 2014
WooooooooooW! The best episode so far!! Especially the first half :D
I only wonder where Satorou disappeared @__@ That part was weird.
Apr 26, 2015 4:34 AM

Oct 2013
Yet another spectacular episode. I feel the new world is going to be dismantled by the show's conclusion; Shinsekai Yori has been too unorthodox so far to deliver a generic "kill the ogre, stop the monster rats, save the day" climax, and such a poorly delivered "happy end" would be unfitting of the series. Any type of happy end would be unfitting of the series, in fact.

I'm rather concerned about how these last few episodes are going to play out regardless. I'm sincerely hoping the plot doesn't follow a linear, predictable path regardless of which path it takes. There's still a number of unexplained elements, some things which were introduced into the series and haven't been thoroughly addressed (like what about that girl from episode 1? or Saki's sister she seems to have completely forgotten about?), and if these things aren't thoroughly addressed, it will considerably and negatively impact my finale impression of the show.

Also, if that ends up being the last of Satoru, I'll be pissed about that, too. Although I like Satoru, I don't mind him being killed as a plot device; just don't do it in a cheap and stupid way like that.

insan3Inquisitor said:
Also, if it's true, I don't like how the anime creators are leaving out scenes/moments between Saki and Satoru.

I want to second this also. Saki and Satoru are the last of their close knit childhood friends, and they only really have each other. Love between them seems both obvious and necessary, and the way the anime is dancing around their relationship doesn't sit well with me either (especially considering their first sexual experience was with each other, you know).

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Jul 13, 2015 2:01 AM
Dec 2011
its so symbolic saki and satoru are so close but there are so far away from each other because of their missing memories :3

they cant move on until they know the truth i feel for saki and satoru their pain is so deep :3 also i felt my own heart aching so much when SHUN and SAKI tried to huge each other.

i really feel all this time SHUN is watching over SAKI and i think SAKI feels it to ,,, how much they loved each other but didn't get any time for each other only a one single moment in the boat so long ago which saki cant even remember oh god not remembering things that are precious to you is just too painful :3
Jul 22, 2015 1:03 PM

Sep 2013
They completely forgot about Satoru.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Oct 4, 2015 10:01 AM

Jan 2013
Satoru nowhere to be seen halfway through the episode.
Fiend is getting near to the town, it's going be a massacre (pretty much already is)
Jan 6, 2016 12:10 AM

Sep 2013
Instead of killing only little children human race should just kill itself forever.
Apr 9, 2016 6:46 AM
May 2012
Humans going down like punks reminded me of those stormtroopers killing the jedis haha. So ez.

Sickly_Grin said:
StormViruz said:

Thank God, I'm not the only one who noticed it. =,=

Same here. Just like in episode five, when the monk dies and nobody even mentions it, and then after Saki and Satarou get separated from the rest, once again not even a mention. But this time around it was much worse because it was too obvious. Whoever writes these scripts is seriously missing a cog or two...

She saw Shun no face again that's why she completely forgot about Satoru haha.
Apr 29, 2016 4:23 AM

Sep 2015
If Saki had figured out that the black gas was there to combust, why wouldn't she just blow it away and / or contain it? Throwing the two of them into the sky - where they can still be both hit by the blast - seems like a really dumb move. Not to mention she nearly crippled herself with the landing.
It's an entirely different kind of flying, altogether!
It's an entirely different kind of flying.
Jul 28, 2016 8:09 AM

Dec 2013
The sequence where Saki is falling is still one of my favorite and memorable moments in the series and in anime overall. It's just... so brilliantly directed, the spinning camera angles, the beautiful landscape and sunflower field - contrasting with the dark atrocities that happened in last few episodes. Brilliant.
Aug 2, 2016 6:41 AM

Apr 2009
So many things happening, Queerat Rebellion and their guerrilla tactics, the Fiend, the chaos of it all and the uncertainty of the future. X-( Still no glimpse or idea who the Fiend is other than suspicion and conjecture.

If they lose Tomiko, they will lose a couple of centuries of wisdom and experience. What a friggin' tragedy but I guess in the face of imminent destruction perhaps the end of their world and the fight for their very existence everything comes secondary.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Aug 22, 2016 3:47 AM

Mar 2015
Creepy creature. looks like a fusion of leech and mosquito.

Next episode will be all out war. Looking forward with fiend battle.

3.4/5
Sep 13, 2016 10:36 PM

Mar 2015
Damn Tomiko will die, I actually liked her.

Also wow, Squealer's army is getting more annoying with that skillful tactics.

Oct 20, 2016 12:18 AM

Sep 2013
Pretty good episode...Maria returns next?

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Nov 8, 2016 12:15 AM

Jul 2008
So they can't kill the fiend...then they are screwed.
Jun 26, 2017 8:12 PM

Sep 2014
Kamisu 66 begins to Fall. Ep 20.

Plot: Saki and Satoru manage to get away from the Ogre but get separated by an exploding monster. She has a weird dazed moment about her last fragmented memory of Shun, revitalizing her will to live.

As Saki arrives back home, she learns that the battle has taken a toll on the humans wth Queer rats hunting them guerrilla style and the new mutants exploding the canals. At the school Tomiko is told off the Ogre but with its impending arrival, sends Saki to the Security group with whoever is left.

Saki now has taken over Tomiko's spot.

Character: Satoru was on the ball but I think he's been moved so that Saki can grow again. She's been a bit passive but understandable considering all the stuff that happened back then and in just the last few hours.

It was also sweet seeing them agree that they really need to live, especially after the mentioning of Shun.

I still don't like Tomiko but was sad that she's gonna die soon.

Animation/sound: Art was iffy in places, specially that boulder scene. The exploding mutant and the Shun flashback were neat thought.

And that slow wait for the Ogre to leave. Man.

4/5. What will you do now, Saki?

I go where I wanna go, even if its into Oppai.
Jul 1, 2017 2:07 PM

Nov 2016
Well, that probably means R.I.P. Tomiko.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 14, 2017 3:44 PM

Jul 2009
Holy crap, those giant exploding whale things are freaky O_O What happened to Satoru?! As I expected, the villages are in shambles. Squealer sure is a cunning strategist eh? I'm really sad to see them leave Tomiko, I really liked her :( I guess now Saki has to succeed her and lead the villages. Hopefully Shisei (the double pupil guy I think) will be able to help lead them as well. I mean we've got the Fiend to worry about too ... I mean last time Boy A basically turned himself in to that doctor right?! I doubt that's going to happen this time :S Either way in the preview ... is that Maria or another red-haired girl? Unless Maria's the Fiend?! O_O
Oct 20, 2017 7:11 AM
Nov 2015
The symbolisms and inner thought scenes are random as fkkkk.
This show is depreciated a lot by its execution, from voice actors, to sound, to ugly monster designs, to inconsistent, sometimes bad animations.
Oct 20, 2017 7:21 AM
Nov 2015
And why didn't Saki tell of the incident years ago, when her 2 friends escaped and she faked the bones. It's obvious that Maria has something to do in this.
Feb 13, 2018 10:34 AM

Aug 2017
I'm glad that we have Saki as MC, she is so important to the story. Oh no, i'm sad that Tomiko is going to died. The boat scene was scary. 4/5
NurguburuFeb 13, 2018 10:45 AM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
May 10, 2018 3:44 PM

Jan 2018
kpk10 said:
-MgZ_ said:

Seriously? If this is true then fuck. My god A-1. Not only ruining the animation but also the character developments? Fuck.

Maybe they've just moved it and we'll see it later?

"Oh Saki doesn't say I love you to Satoru, blah blah blah"

FFS people, you don't have to express your love through words. You all are acting like children!

Dec 21, 2018 5:32 AM

May 2013
Okay, but where did Saki fling Satoru off to? LMAO bb come baaaaacccckkkkkk
Jul 2, 2019 3:12 PM

Oct 2015
Wait, I thought Death Feedback required awareness of having killed a human being. If the boy killed Saki and never checked the body to realize that she was a human and not a queerat theoretically he wouldn't die.

Given that this Fiend occurence is preceded by another one which was a complete atrocity and taken the lives of hundreds, maybe thousands, you'd think the village would create some sort of defense mechanism had history repeated itself. Like I don't know, maybe altering the genome of one (or a group of) highly trusted individual(s) to lessen the effect of death feedback to simply being paralyzed for a period of time. That way they can take on the Fiend/Karma Demon without dying in the process and if they were to betray the village they'll be immobilized after killing one person from which point you can let the Copycats do their job.
Aug 15, 2019 8:06 PM

Aug 2018
Go Rats Go! Leave none alive!
Nov 21, 2019 7:16 PM

Feb 2017
nice looking flowers

Feb 12, 2020 2:58 AM

Dec 2018
In the end the existence of the Death Feedback backfired on human. If only they didn't invent it in the first place, somebody could just kill the fiend using their Cantus. If 1 human isn't affected by the Death Feedback and has evil intention, that's it, it's over. Unless, somebody is willing to sacrifice his/herself to stop that, just like in the previous incident where the doctor sacrificed himself.

I wonder if Shisei will have a face off with this fiend.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Nov 9, 2020 5:10 AM

Jul 2017
This episode was pretty boring for me sadly. I feel like the lack of flow that this show has dampens the impact on future events, as the amount of large timeskips just hurts my interest, even when I can tell the anime's trying their best to make it as intense as possible.
Aug 9, 2021 5:05 PM

Sep 2020
gah i hate how saki acted as if she didn't care about satoru one bit after the explosion. at least they could've added a scene where saki thinks about if satoru is alright or asks that little boy if he'd seen someone land nearby, anything at all
stinkycrowAug 13, 2021 1:46 PM
Feb 8, 2022 9:11 AM
Nov 2020
damn everyone is dying 😭😭
Apr 21, 2022 11:35 AM

Dec 2018
so is the earth just guiding evolution towards extincting the powers? or just that town alone
also, anything people in this forum wants to talk about is sex or romance. dude there's a million out there, this show would be even better without it getting shoehorned in honestly. good god there's so much more interesting crap going on here that NO ONE is talking about because muh BL or muh romance or what have you. this show is suffering from this crap and so is this forum.
StateofOhayoApr 21, 2022 11:38 AM
Apr 30, 2022 12:47 AM

Jan 2020
If Tomiko can use her Cantus in such a way to manipulate her own body on a cellular level, I see no reason why she need to be bandaged like that. I feel like she could potentially force a rapid recovery. Yet, alas, it seems her role is coming to an end. I'd at least like it if she'd get a last stand or something instead of getting off-screened.

I don't really see this ending well.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Nov 5, 2022 7:05 AM

Jan 2011
i know not everything in this show needs to be explained, particularly due to being a post apocalytic setting, it comes with loss of knowledge excuse an thats fine so ill just assume that those monsters that were considered as "mutant queerats" were most likely created by the mutations that come from a Karma demon, ofc Karma demons are rare so it probably happened a long time ago, then agai it seems the tainted cats were created by normal cantus users but they do have a purpose unlike the giant monsters

commonxreaction said:
If Tomiko can use her Cantus in such a way to manipulate her own body on a cellular level, I see no reason why she need to be bandaged like that. I feel like she could potentially force a rapid recovery. Yet, alas, it seems her role is coming to an end. I'd at least like it if she'd get a last stand or something instead of getting off-screened.

I don't really see this ending well.

i dont think Tomiko has insta heal superpowers, her long life seemed to be a especific ability
Apr 13, 2023 9:22 AM
Apr 2022
Wow everything going down hill fast. Those rats got the humans good and that fish with the smoke bombs was surprising to see. Then the fiend shows up while everything going crazy.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» Ugly KV

ScuzzyBear - Jun 8, 2023

9 by charlieman999 »»
Mar 28, 6:10 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2012

702 by Ryls »»
Mar 19, 12:05 PM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2013

1325 by Xeehad »»
Mar 2, 8:13 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 4, 2013

169 by Xeehad »»
Mar 1, 11:37 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2012

516 by Xeehad »»
Feb 26, 10:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.