Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Feb 14, 2013 7:36 PM

Jan 2013
Great episode
Feb 14, 2013 7:40 PM

Mar 2012
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
The manga is having its final chapter next month. Though only 2 something of the 44 chapters are translated, the anime currently at 30ish apparantly, and it has been using anime only scenes to get to the specific major plot points faster. Aka its new material reaching the same spots, so its not really deviating from the manga but rather speeding things up.

Is the end of the manga confirmed by that point? So it's going to end at what, 45? If so, man the scanlation is really behind lol
Feb 14, 2013 8:29 PM

Nov 2007
Hakaze any day for me! Enough said!

I want a dancing princess of my own T_T.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Feb 14, 2013 8:37 PM
Jan 2013
UtsukushiiYume said:
HoshiNeko said:
Oh man, Yoshino. That pulled on my heartstrings.

If it went on for a bit more than that, I'm certain I'd tear up.

I did tear up. Yoshino TT///TT How much he's been holding back, I can't even.

So is he going to talk to Mahiro about this the next episode? It's officially caught up with the scanlations, I haven't read the manga farther than that yet, so...

Can't wait for the next episode.

Next episode is going to be badass. I just read summaries from Mangafox but I'm not going to give any further details here about it. Here's the link

Feb 14, 2013 8:39 PM
Jan 2013
My favorite character in ZnT now is Hanemura. He may be a fool, but so far he is the only character who can see pass through logic and reason.
Feb 14, 2013 9:40 PM
Mar 2011
nina4life said:
A quote many anime characters could use. Then again, I guess many shows wouldn't exist without it :D Yoshino is definitively my favorite character in a long time. Smart, reasonable, logical. And not to mention he does have emotions, which this episode proved. He just tries not to let them effect his behaviour, which is, again, a great trait.

I completely agree with you!
However in my eyes it seemed liked yoshino lost his composure this episode.
Feb 14, 2013 9:48 PM

Nov 2012
tezann_t said:
I'm personally more looking forward to the confrontation between Mahiro and Yoshino, though, if there is going to be one. Maybe there'll be a scene where Yoshino actually bares his heart to Mahiro. Bromance then ensues.

YES. This was the word I was looking for! Bromance! >.< lol I'd be really happy if that happened. I really hope they do confront eachother and end up hugging in the end :')
Feb 14, 2013 10:35 PM

Dec 2012
i really love that they kind of explained why mahiro and yoshino don't seem to care that much about the world - because they already lost something more precious. it's great to hear that because i was wondering all the time why they didn't care that people were dying around them. it makes sense now - they were already numb.

i also really loved that scene at the beginning where yoshino lost his calmness. he looked a bit creepy, but it also made him appear... more human. he's not just the intelligent boy who always stays calm, no. he suffered and had to deal with a lot, too. he suffered as much as mahiro did.

now i'm really excited what will happen when mahiro and yoshino meet each other.
Feb 14, 2013 10:49 PM

Jan 2011
Another super episode as Hakaze breaks through the shell of logic that Yoshino has built around his heart. Now maybe he can move forward with her. As I said before, I am deeply suspicious about the fact that no-one except Hanemura (the new Exodus mage) was able to see the obvious in terms of who Yoshino's girlfriend was. That strikes me as being a glamour cast to confuse the issue for some deep purpose--probably by the previous Exodus mage, whoever she was...
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Feb 14, 2013 11:09 PM

Jan 2011
I seriously loved it when Hakaze and Yoshino were talking about Aika. Yoshino was suffering all by himself and pretended to not care about Aika dying in front of Mahiro and the others. The part when Yoshino found out about Aika's death via phone really hit me hard. I really liked how Yoshino's tone became a lot more monotone at some point. His 'shocked' faces were pretty scary; look at those eyes! Hakaze is such an female character. She's now taking the role of an antagonist as the dancing princess. The fight was so good even if it was quite short. Really hope Yoshino and Hakaze will end up together at the end. Yoshino HAS to move on one day!
5/5
Feb 14, 2013 11:24 PM
Mar 2011
alexx_310 said:
About time we see emotion in Yoshino
He felt like a bland character with no emotions since the start

no lie before this episode i was starting to think Yoshino couldn't show emotion cause he may have the Heart of Exodus
Feb 15, 2013 1:25 AM

Sep 2012
HAKAZE said: MY YOSHINO X-D

Just finished comments by fans in Japan about this episode. Interestingly, those who are the fans of the manga are not too happy with the adaptation but those who did not read the manga are impressed with this episode. Basically the gripes from the manga fans include

- In manga, the interaction between Yoshino and Hakaze is much more intense

- The anime cuts the conversations on the day after the confession scene

- The anime cuts Samon's training scene

Since I have not read the manga, I don't know how different the manga is from the anime. Would be interesting to see why the opinions are so divided.

The trailer looks intriguing - we even get to see Hanemura imitating Bruce Lee!
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Feb 15, 2013 3:04 AM

Nov 2008
tezann_t said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
The manga is having its final chapter next month. Though only 2 something of the 44 chapters are translated, the anime currently at 30ish apparantly, and it has been using anime only scenes to get to the specific major plot points faster. Aka its new material reaching the same spots, so its not really deviating from the manga but rather speeding things up.

Is the end of the manga confirmed by that point? So it's going to end at what, 45? If so, man the scanlation is really behind lol

The manga will end at chapter 44, which will come out in next month's issue (April 2013 cover date - release date March 12).

Those are long chapters - it's a lot of work for the scanalators.
Feb 15, 2013 3:07 AM

Nov 2008
symbv said:
HAKAZE said: MY YOSHINO X-D

Just finished comments by fans in Japan about this episode. Interestingly, those who are the fans of the manga are not too happy with the adaptation but those who did not read the manga are impressed with this episode. Basically the gripes from the manga fans include

- In manga, the interaction between Yoshino and Hakaze is much more intense

- The anime cuts the conversations on the day after the confession scene

- The anime cuts Samon's training scene

Since I have not read the manga, I don't know how different the manga is from the anime. Would be interesting to see why the opinions are so divided.

The trailer looks intriguing - we even get to see Hanemura imitating Bruce Lee!

I've read the manga up through chapter 43 and I really like the anime adaptation. They have used the best of the manga and added just a bit more background to come up with a great series.

There are always manga fans who will bitch and yell that every page in an adaptation isn't animated exactly like the manga - let them vent, and enjoy both versions.
Feb 15, 2013 3:28 AM

May 2010
Lol Evengaline's theory...is it correct? or was it a joke?
Feb 15, 2013 3:38 AM

Sep 2012
dbaranyi said:

I've read the manga up through chapter 43 and I really like the anime adaptation. They have used the best of the manga and added just a bit more background to come up with a great series.
So what has the anime cut from the manga in this episode? What did Hakaze and Yoshino talked about the day after the confession scene?
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Feb 15, 2013 4:03 AM
Nov 2012
symbv said:
So what has the anime cut from the manga in this episode? What did Hakaze and Yoshino talked about the day after the confession scene?

There's many things that have been cut if you consider that they have adapted random chapters so the chronology is different.
After the confession scene Yoshino told Hakaze that he was embarrassed to have cried in front of Hakaze and that she should forget it but Hakaze teases him saying that she found him pretty cute during that time.
He also tells Hakaze that he still loves Aika but Hakaze responds him that she doesn't mind that she is happy to be able to express her love without remorse even if it ends up being unrequited.

Another moments that I found a shame that didn't make it in the anime:
- Evangeline freaking out when she finds out that they discovered about Aika and Yoshino saying that she hopes Yoshino doesn't kill her and Samon and Junichirou are like WHAT? YOU KNEW IT?!
- Junichirou doing the dogeza to Samon after he came back from seeing Hakaze (in the manga she doesn't lock him up)
- Hanemura being unsure about what he's doing after he watched those public debates and talking about it with Samon and Mahiro
Feb 15, 2013 4:07 AM
Oct 2011
symbv said:
dbaranyi said:

I'm a little confused too because I don't think they cut out anything important. He may be talking about the scene after Yoshino cried and he was embarrassed about it which Hakaze thought his crying was cute. She told him that was her first time confessing and Yoshino felt the need to give her a reply and answered with "I still really like Aika-chan..". So if its Yoshino's half hearted answer and Hakaze content on still being able to like him freely, otherwise I don't have a clue.

Overall, I'm not disappointed with the anime adaptation. They're doing better than what I expected. They never left anything important out. The pacing seems to have picked up alot, which is to e expected since we're closing in on the climax pretty soon. Im still waiting for a certain Aika scene coming up, if they butcher that up, I probably wouldn't know what to do. :(

EDIT: Oh Flamingo-chan beat me to it ^^
Feb 15, 2013 6:10 AM

Oct 2012
Another great episode.
I like Yoshino even more now. We got to know his true feelings thanks to Hakaze.
Yoshino tearing up ;____;
Hakaze is pretty mad. She would do anything for her Yoshino :D
The battle was pretty cool.
Can't wait to see what happens next *-*
"We should be more proud of NEETs! Love the country that strives to produce NEETs, for world peace, we must stand up! We must find more non NEET-in-waiting elites, learn from each other , form a new Japanese Party, and bravely challenge the evil! Grow, NEETs! Grow like blazing fire! NEETs!”
Feb 15, 2013 7:38 AM

May 2012
It's funny to see Mahiro so quiet and cleaning... and in denial too..

Looking forward that he will confront Yoshino. It's been a while too where there is an action scene.
Feb 15, 2013 10:05 AM

Jan 2011
Hakaze-chan was cute in her Kimono ^^ But I wonder what she wanted to do...

Feb 15, 2013 11:59 AM

Sep 2012
So this is being sped up instead of prepared for an alternative ending? Well, that's a relief, but I feel kinda sad I have been left without some scenes. Couldn't the show have more episodes?
Feb 15, 2013 1:10 PM
Jan 2011
I wonder If Mahiro is gonna kill Yoshino, I hope not.
Feb 15, 2013 1:23 PM

Jan 2013
Nasty001 said:
I wonder If Mahiro is gonna kill Yoshino, I hope not.

I don't think so, I think his hurt will out weigh his anger.... especially now that he had time to go on a cleaning frenzy. We will probably get to see him throw a few punches at Yoshino.
"What color do you want to be?" -Shiina Mashiro
Feb 15, 2013 1:26 PM

Sep 2011
flamingo-chan said:
symbv said:

There's many things that have been cut if you consider that they have adapted random chapters so the chronology is different.
After the confession scene Yoshino told Hakaze that he was embarrassed to have cried in front of Hakaze and that she should forget it but Hakaze teases him saying that she found him pretty cute during that time.
He also tells Hakaze that he still loves Aika but Hakaze responds him that she doesn't mind that she is happy to be able to express her love without remorse even if it ends up being unrequited.

Another moments that I found a shame that didn't make it in the anime:
- Evangeline freaking out when she finds out that they discovered about Aika and Yoshino saying that she hopes Yoshino doesn't kill her and Samon and Junichirou are like WHAT? YOU KNEW IT?!
- Junichirou doing the dogeza to Samon after he came back from seeing Hakaze (in the manga she doesn't lock him up)
- Hanemura being unsure about what he's doing after he watched those public debates and talking about it with Samon and Mahiro

So yah absolutely nothing of importance has been lost, if anything it sounds like they are cutting out the unnecessary stuff

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Feb 15, 2013 2:18 PM
Jan 2011
...pretty late in the anime to ask but who is the main character? i thought it was both yoshino and mahiro, but it seems it's just all about yoshino's love triangle + NEW CHALLENGER: MAGE OF EXODIAAAAAAAAA
Feb 15, 2013 2:59 PM

Jun 2009
Yoshino's breakdown moved me to tears. Seeing how much he has been suffering inside all this time was just too sad. ;_;
Feb 15, 2013 7:35 PM

Sep 2011
TheDrifter said:
...pretty late in the anime to ask but who is the main character? i thought it was both yoshino and mahiro, but it seems it's just all about yoshino's love triangle + NEW CHALLENGER: MAGE OF EXODIAAAAAAAAA
Its always been yoshino as the main character

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Feb 15, 2013 11:50 PM
Mar 2009
Yoshino broke. Now I can see how his heart might just "warp" and awaken into the Tree of Exodus's heart.

Wow, first we've seen Junichirou so flustered and confused about the situation.

Aliens, it was aliens. Brilliant.

Not clear on what Hakaze is up to. She had a plan to defeat the Tree of Genesis herself and decides to gauge Megumu's magic instead?

Can't wait to see Yoshino and Mahiro have, "the talk."
Feb 16, 2013 1:43 AM

Feb 2012
It seems like the death of aika and the fact Yoshino couldnt grieve over it had driven Yoshino insane,crying is what keeps you sane over a big loss.
A great episode like always.
Feb 16, 2013 2:21 AM

Dec 2006
I thought this was a good episode. Yoshino breaks at last! His eyes were kind of scary....
Really looking forward to see Mahiro's reaction to Yoshino now he knows.
Feb 16, 2013 3:28 AM

Feb 2012
So Yoshino finally broke down huh... it was pretty intense. I can't wait what will happen when Yoshino and Mahiro meet again.
The only thing you can rely on is that you can't rely on anything.
Feb 16, 2013 4:16 AM

May 2012
no offence but this anime is not going to end with yoshino falling in love with hakaze, sorry to crush to whoever who dream about having a romance in the anime. i mean like seriously, yoshino is still a mysterious character, and the fact that he love aika so much that he probably plan that all along to persuade hakaze to destroy the tree of genesis. or he might have the heart of exodus and sacrifice himself for the sake of the world safety as that is what he want, a happy ending, like in The Tempest that aika told him. just my thought. no offence :D
“They stood together in a false intimacy, a nervous contact. And he was in love with her.”
― D.H. Lawrence, Women in Love

Feb 16, 2013 4:54 AM
Apr 2011
yes, more action again, the fighting betwen Mage of Genesis and Mage of Exodus is cool.... :XD
Feb 16, 2013 4:55 AM

Jul 2010
Yoshino finally broke down and Hakaze's love for him seems to get heavier and heavier. Can't wait for the next episode.

Feb 16, 2013 5:05 AM

Apr 2011
I wonder if Hakaze will end up with Yoshino.. Haven't read the manga yet..
Feb 16, 2013 6:25 AM

Feb 2013
this episode is definitely worth watching...it made my day and it has that satisfying feeling after the revelation...
btw ii never thought that the burden that yoshino has is that heavy...i thought he's totally over it lol
well great episode...great animation...and love the battle scene...
Feb 16, 2013 8:38 AM

Oct 2012
Yoshino psycological state amaze me as always (he looked freakin' scary at some point), for Mahiro he just dosen't want to belive that Aika was Yoshino's girlfriend...god damn Mahiro it's freakin' obvious... Yoshino seem to have best over Hakaze feeling and she seem to start to act only toward Yoshino hidden motive...next episode please?
Feb 16, 2013 9:42 AM

May 2011
God damn that hopeless, blank stare on Yoshino's face was actually pretty frightening. Its a wonder how he's been able to keep everything inside him for so long. It was great to see him finally break down like that though and let everything out. And that entire scene was actually pretty touching. Loved it. Hopefully, the moment that Yoshino and Hakaze had also got them closer as well.

I dno if it's just me but I am noticing a new look in Hakaze's eyes and I love it, especially in the scene where she was talking to Jun. And she looks terrific in that new outfit of hers. The name Dancing Princess fits her perfectly tbh.
Feb 16, 2013 10:53 AM

Dec 2010
This was a really good episode! Particularly the first half. Yoshino is a very complicated character, I'd say he even borders on realistic. I imagine that a lot of people would do the same thing if they were in his position. It's really nice that Hakaze was there for him. I hope they have their perfect little Tempest ending!

Next episode looks to be great as well! Even though I'm wondering why Hakaze was "training" Hanemura....I guess we will have to wait and see.

Why does this show have such interesting characters? Yoshino and Hakaze in particular! They are quite an interesting pair...
Feb 16, 2013 1:36 PM

Jul 2012
lol the next episode previews are funny.
Feb 16, 2013 3:56 PM

Apr 2011
Poor Yoshino that was one of the best moments of this series. And dat fight was epic as hell shit is about to get real next episode.
Feb 16, 2013 5:40 PM

Sep 2011
Show gets more and more interesting each week. Manga isn't this far I believe or close to it, so I won't know what happens next.
Feb 17, 2013 5:25 AM

Jan 2008
*yawn* I am not sure if I am just not with myself today. Just a so-so episode, for filling the realistic side of the charas. My rating for this show has dropped...ep 1-12 = 8, ep 13-17 = 7, ep 18 now at 6. They been dragging the things about the mage of Exodus and Genesis, and Aika's bf. It was good in ep 17 that Hanemura finally dropped the name of Yoshino. I hope there will be more added twists and spicy elements than the theories and conclusions they presented up until now.
LieilaFeb 17, 2013 5:30 AM
Feb 17, 2013 6:44 AM

Apr 2012
nina4life said:
"What, exactly, would change if I wanted revenge, was consumed by hatred, or went insane with rage?"

A quote many anime characters could use. Then again, I guess many shows wouldn't exist without it :D Yoshino is definitively my favorite character in a long time. Smart, reasonable, logical. And not to mention he does have emotions, which this episode proved. He just tries not to let them effect his behaviour, which is, again, a great trait.

Well, in most cases it's a lot more fun seeing the antagonist getting butchered.

But in Yoshino's case, it's surely a great trait.

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Feb 17, 2013 7:20 AM

Dec 2012
It's been quite a while since I enjoyed watching this anime this much. I was already starting to give up on it...
I loved Yoshino´s crazy eyes!
Mahiro: What should I do when I'm depressed? Go clean the kitchen...
CandyRatFeb 17, 2013 7:27 AM
Feb 17, 2013 7:32 AM

Dec 2012
CandyRat said:

Mahiro: What should I do when I'm depressed? Go clean the kitchen...

that definitely surprised me! mahiro seems more like the type who would beat up some random guys. but no, he just starts cleaning the house. nice way to deal with it :D
Feb 17, 2013 8:34 AM

Jan 2011
I'm so happy that this got really serious again, this is more enjoyable imo.
Yoshino went nuts for a while right there, although his way of thinking is understandable.
I can't wait for more, stuff is getting really tense right now.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Feb 17, 2013 9:45 AM

Oct 2012
Wow, relaxing time is over, back to serious business now :)
Excellent episode!
Feb 17, 2013 1:51 PM

Jun 2008
Finally some depth to Yoshino!

Episode set the stage for the conclusion, I'm interested to see how it goes along having not read the manga.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2013

398 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 3, 12:09 AM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

116 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 10:47 PM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2013

260 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 9:59 PM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2013

278 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 9:25 PM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2013

138 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 8:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.