Forum Settings
Forums

Manga 'Saki' Goes on Hiatus Due to Author's Injury

New
Feb 13, 2013 5:19 AM

Feb 2008
According to the official blog, Kobayashi Ritz, the author of manga "Saki", has announced that she (?) had been hospitalized due to an serious injury she got during a business trip. She had a surgery under general anesthesia and recently left the hospital. The release of the 11th volume of the comic book will be delayed for one month and the serialization of the manga on Young GanGan will be suspended until she will fully recover from the injury.

Sources: Kobayashi's web diary, Scan of GanGan
dtshykFeb 13, 2013 5:20 AM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Feb 13, 2013 5:22 AM

Oct 2010
And the hopes for Saki:Zenkoku-hen to be release by Summer season will be reduce due to this.
Feb 13, 2013 5:24 AM

Aug 2010
Of all times...well, here's hoping for a quick recovery!
Feb 13, 2013 5:36 AM

Sep 2009
hope she get better.
Feb 13, 2013 5:39 AM

Apr 2009
She will get better soon.
The tanoshii never ends, after all.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Feb 13, 2013 5:44 AM

Nov 2011
Well, atleast its only a 1 month hiatus(from what i've heard). I hope she gets better soon.
But I hope she had some cute nurses when she was in the hospital, she deserves it.

mlcdl said:
And the hopes for Saki:Zenkoku-hen to be release by Summer season will be reduce due to this.

The chances are about the same.

The quarters are already one, and the semi's just started in early 2013 so no way those would have been done anywhere before late 2014 or early 2015 anyway. So if it just covers the quarters, we'll be getting it this year regardless of the hiatus.

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Feb 13, 2013 6:11 AM

Oct 2010
rederoin said:

mlcdl said:

The chances are about the same.

The quarters are already one, and the semi's just started in early 2013 so no way those would have been done anywhere before late 2014 or early 2015 anyway. So if it just covers the quarters, we'll be getting it this year regardless of the hiatus.

Considering that the first season covered the first 58 chapters(if I recall right) then most likely that to happen.
Feb 13, 2013 8:26 AM
Dec 2008
Get well soon!
Feb 13, 2013 10:13 AM

Aug 2007
Before you panic, thinking "Oh no, Zenkoku-hen is going to get pushed back even more!", please note that Ritz has spoiled and will spoil things that haven't even happened in the manga yet via the anime, so whenever it was slated to air, it'll air regardless of this. :P

Anyways... I hope she has a swift recovery with no complications. :)
Feb 13, 2013 11:23 AM

Nov 2008
Getting injured and going on hiatus weeks before ending your manga. That totally sucks.
Feb 13, 2013 11:26 AM

Dec 2011
Hope she get's better soon ^^
I blog about eroge at:
Feb 13, 2013 12:11 PM

Dec 2011
Mr_Gutts said:
Getting injured and going on hiatus weeks before ending your manga. That totally sucks.

It's achiga-hen that is ending, which is drawn by Igarashi Aguri. I don't think this has had any impact on that.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Feb 13, 2013 12:30 PM

Nov 2011
Mr_Gutts said:

Achiga-hen is not affected by this.

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Feb 13, 2013 3:32 PM

Oct 2012
awww..Get well son Ritz! :(

Saki going hiatus.. ;_; It was already released pretty slowly too

Feb 13, 2013 4:42 PM
Sep 2012
Hopes she gets well soon. Saki needs more material for a season 3.
Feb 14, 2013 5:47 AM

Jan 2013
hope the author get well........
and reali look forward to zenkoku-hen!
Feb 14, 2013 6:16 AM

Sep 2012
dtshyk said:
Kobayashi Ritz, the author of manga "Saki", has announced that she (?) had been hospitalized due to an serious injury she got during a business trip.
There has been continuous and ongoing debate among fans in Japan about whether the author of Saki is male or female, and still there is no conclusion, and as far as I can see the opinion is very much divided since both sides have good points to support their view.

As for the business trip, Ritz said that it was for gathering information and material for the manga.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Feb 14, 2013 7:52 AM
May 2010
I hope he/she get well soon. Can't wait to see the next chap of Saki.
This is a signature.
Feb 15, 2013 1:54 AM

Mar 2011
Hope the author gets well soon.
Feb 16, 2013 9:36 AM

Dec 2009
I hope for his/her best recovery from this.~
Feb 16, 2013 10:32 AM

Oct 2012
symbv said:
dtshyk said:
Kobayashi Ritz, the author of manga "Saki", has announced that she (?) had been hospitalized due to an serious injury she got during a business trip.
There has been continuous and ongoing debate among fans in Japan about whether the author of Saki is male or female, and still there is no conclusion, and as far as I can see the opinion is very much divided since both sides have good points to support their view.

As for the business trip, Ritz said that it was for gathering information and material for the manga.

Ritz...is not a girl..? What .-.

Have I been having the incorrect image of her/him all this time?! T.T That's just sad

Feb 16, 2013 10:56 AM

Sep 2012
Takei_Hisa said:
I think what I said is that Rits may not be a girl. I don't think I said that Ritz is not a girl....

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Feb 17, 2013 1:32 PM

Oct 2007
symbv said:
Takei_Hisa said:
I think what I said is that Rits may not be a girl. I don't think I said that Ritz is not a girl....
I'm sure she is, only fellow lesbian would be able to create such a series.
Feb 17, 2013 6:55 PM

Sep 2012
Progeusz said:
symbv said:
Takei_Hisa said:
That is jumping to conclusion and too much bias, don't you think? A full-blown lesbian manga, like Sasamekikoto, can be written by a guy, and Saki is not even a full-blown lesbian manga at that.

Feb 17, 2013 11:51 PM

Oct 2007
symbv said:
Progeusz said:
symbv said:
Takei_Hisa said:
That is jumping to conclusion and too much bias, don't you think? A full-blown lesbian manga, like Sasamekikoto, can be written by a guy, and Saki is not even a full-blown lesbian manga at that.
Nah, it can't be it, just look at her pure love toward characters, not to mention self-inserting as Arata and lusting over Nodotits. Sasamekikoto has completely different style, only woman can create such mellow faces full of yuri vibes.
ProgeuszFeb 17, 2013 11:58 PM
Feb 18, 2013 2:15 AM

Sep 2012
Progeusz said:
only woman can create such mellow faces full of yuri vibes.
Hmm... I am still not quite convinced. The face may look likely to be created by a female but saying so categorically that ONLY A WOMAN can draw this is stretching it, in my opinion. I believe the variety of human talent is less easy to predict than we often think. If we have guys drawing shoujo manga, BL manga or yuri manga, I believe that a guy can also draw something like Saki. If anything one may also argue that only a guy can create a superpower battle scenes like Saki or know details of mahjong rules so well like in Saki.

Not saying Ritz is definitely a man. More like I am open to both the possibility that Ritz is a woman and that he is a man.
symbvFeb 18, 2013 2:26 AM

Feb 20, 2013 3:29 AM
Nov 2011
Mr_Gutts said:
Since when was Saki announced to end...

I think your confusing Saki, and Saki Achiga-hen
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Today

21 by VanishingKira »»
43 minutes ago

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

95 by RobertBobert »»
3 hours ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

2 by BankaiGoku »»
Yesterday, 11:26 PM

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Apr 19

10 by malvarez1 »»
Yesterday, 8:38 PM

» Netflix Announces 'Garouden: The Way of the Lone Wolf' Anime for May 2024

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

10 by malvarez1 »»
Yesterday, 8:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.