Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 12, 2013 4:25 PM

Sep 2012
This page if to help everyone that is intrested in making cards for there amusment . its a place where we can exchange ideas and work together to become better graphic artist :3 so if u want to post tips or have question on how people make there amazing graphic art here the place xD

SO ASK AND SHARE AWAY Xd

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 12, 2013 9:02 PM

Jul 2012
Always use high quality pictures (Depends on how big the card/banner/signature your making).

Practice on using the tools on your program and utilize them to you advantage ^^

Look for plug-ins that could help you increase the quality of your work :D
huh
Feb 13, 2013 1:56 AM

Jun 2012
SHAPES , HOW TO GET SHAPES?
(i use photoshop)
Feb 13, 2013 3:21 AM

Sep 2012
@ chip-tan do mean shapes ur of in a a shape for example picture that im useing if rectangle and i want it to be round or do mean shapes how to create a solid shape in photoshop xD
Feb 13, 2013 4:50 AM

Jun 2012
in a shape. :D the way i'm doing it , probably is wrong.
here's screenshot how I do it , LOL XD
Feb 13, 2013 5:34 AM

Sep 2012
Yeah that how i learn how to do it too xD u make a shape over the image them select the pen tool them makeselection and you go back on the background layer and u can copy the pic in that shape xD then u make a outline on it in a other page to make it look good xD
Feb 13, 2013 6:30 AM

Sep 2011
Rikumoon123 said:
Yeah that how i learn how to do it too xD u make a shape over the image them select the pen tool them makeselection and you go back on the background layer and u can copy the pic in that shape xD then u make a outline on it in a other page to make it look good xD

TOO COMPLICATED! >.<
Here is how I do it: First, I make the damn shape ^-^ Then, I make a new layer and I go to File->Place.. aaand find an image~ When I choose it, it will show as a transformable thing. I resize it (be sure to hold the Shift key when you resize it) and click Enter. And now, while staying on the same layer with the image, I go to Layer->Create Clipping Mask. Click and BEHOLD O__O! You can even move the image properly & you can change it (you can do that by clicking with the right mouse button over the layer with the image and choose "Replace Contents" ~
Feb 13, 2013 6:56 AM

Sep 2011
Ok now, some tips from me:
-ALWAYS use HQ picture NO MATTER the size of the your work! (As I said,no matter if your work is big as this or as small as that~) As for awesome sites, I'll make another tread ;)
-As Gi-kun said,PRACTICE,PRACTICE,PRACTICE! :D And do that for fun! Believe me, when you play with your program, you will surely learn more~ ^-^
-Search for tutorials online.It can be more useful than you think :3
-You can wonder how to make something, try,fail ...and then the next damn month, you will realize that it's something far more simple that you think :DDD (or it's under your nose :P)
-Ask in this tread xDDD
-Ask me via PM! :'D
Feb 13, 2013 7:14 AM

Sep 2012
pavli4ka8 said:
Rikumoon123 said:

TOO COMPLICATED! >.<
Here is how I do it: First, I make the damn shape ^-^ Then, I make a new layer and I go to File->Place.. aaand find an image~ When I choose it, it will show as a transformable thing. I resize it (be sure to hold the Shift key when you resize it) and click Enter. And now, while staying on the same layer with the image, I go to Layer->Create Clipping Mask. Click and BEHOLD O__O! You can even move the image properly & you can change it (you can do that by clicking with the right mouse button over the layer with the image and choose "Replace Contents" ~

OMg thx you xD so much simpler xD
Feb 13, 2013 7:36 AM

Sep 2011
@Riku-kun: Glad to help! :D And you can use this way to place images in text or in other images (for example, if you find an awesome shape,but it's not a shape in format) ^-^
Feb 13, 2013 8:08 AM
Oct 2011
pavli4ka8 said:
Rikumoon123 said:

TOO COMPLICATED! >.<

How do you exactly do the damn shape first omg LOLOL
(i'm such a dumb when it comes to shape, I can only do rectangles and circles LOLOL)
Feb 13, 2013 8:14 AM

Sep 2011
@Zion-chan: xDDD Hehe~ Just like you do the rectangles and circles :P LOL - You just have to download more shapes & you will be able to use more shapes :DDD
Feb 13, 2013 8:17 AM
Oct 2011
pavli4ka8 said:
@Zion-chan: xDDD Hehe~ Just like you do the rectangles and circles :P LOL - You just have to download more shapes & you will be able to use more shapes :DDD

KYAAA Even though I really don't understand, thanks anyways!
maybe it's because I do it "the other way". LOLOLOL
Feb 13, 2013 8:26 AM

Sep 2011
AkaKuros said:
pavli4ka8 said:

I'll give you a link of some shapes you can download later =w=
Feb 13, 2013 8:28 AM

Mar 2011
oh gimme 2
Feb 13, 2013 8:32 AM

Sep 2011
BTW~ I know that maybe no one of you would know,but I still have some faith left for this...I saw a card but I can't find the original image used ;A; It's a bit NSFW,so I'll put it in three spoilers~

;A; If someone can link me the original image, I'll be the happies thing~ TT~TT
Feb 13, 2013 8:32 AM

Sep 2011
CrossAngel said:
oh gimme 2

Okie-dokie =3=
Feb 13, 2013 8:33 AM
Oct 2011
pavli4ka8 said:
AkaKuros said:
pavli4ka8 said:

I'll give you a link of some shapes you can download later =w=

REALLY?! SANKYUU SO MUUUCH!! LABLAB :*
and about the pic: gomen but I really can't find the original
source desu :(

Have you asked the one who made the card already? :3
Feb 13, 2013 8:37 AM

Sep 2011
@Zion-chan: *hugs* No need to thank me <3

;A; I don't know who made it (and even if I knew the person's username, I surely wouldn't know him/her T~T I'm shy with strangers)
Feb 13, 2013 8:46 AM
Oct 2011
@Pavliiiiin~

But I need to thank you! uwu
then don't be shy desu yo! But don't worry, I'll try looking
for it once more and I'll tell you immediately if ever I find it~
Feb 13, 2013 8:49 AM

Sep 2011
AkaKuros said:
@Pavliiiiin~

*glomps* You are really a nice and polite person! <3 <3 <3

>/////< But...I can't just go and ask D: And what if the person just deletes my comment~? :(

Aww~ <3 Thank you very much!
Feb 13, 2013 8:53 AM

Sep 2012
@Pavlin

Can i have the link too xD
Feb 13, 2013 9:15 AM

Sep 2011
Rikumoon123 said:
@Pavlin

Can i have the link too xD

But of course! :D I'll just have to find them ^-^
Feb 13, 2013 11:03 AM

Sep 2011
Okay my dears - you wanted shapes? I'll give you :D But first, let's start with the obvious - what shapes do you have?
As I read, you have said that you know how to make rectangles and ovals xDD But you have a bit more than just those two~ You have:
-Normal Rectangle
-Rounded Rectangle
-Elipse/Oval
-Polygon
-Line Tool and...

...what is that?
Well, simple Watson - Custom Shapes Tool! *-* And if you click the little black arrow beside this blob, you will find some shapes like a Heart,a Blob,an Arrow and a bit more~ ^-^ Sometimes, they are enough,but sometimes - you want something more interesting! >:3 I'll give you links of some cool shapes, but before I do, I need to tell you HOW to get them in ^0^ Remember the little black arrow right next to the Custom Shape tool? Well, click on it and then you will see another little arrow :D
Click on it and you will see some options - click on Load Shapes & find your downloaded shapes ^^ (do this when you download some :P)
=============================
Shapes~ ^0^
http://www.shapes4free.com/photoshop-custom-shapes/flowers-photoshop-shapes/
-
http://www.shapes4free.com/photoshop-custom-shapes/arrows-photoshop-shapes/
-
http://www.shapes4free.com/photoshop-custom-shapes/photoshop-badge-shapes/
-
http://www.brusheezy.com/shapes/29510-label-shapes-custom-tags <---- took me weeks to try to make those and then the next month, I found this sh*t =.= xDDD
-
http://myphotoshopbrushes.com/custom_shapes/id/2045/ <--- I think they are similar to the ones up there o.o But anyways~
-
http://myphotoshopbrushes.com/custom_shapes/id/2049/ <-- Hearts :D
-
http://www.shapes4free.com/photoshop-custom-shapes/photoshop-hearts-shapes/
-
http://www.digitalartcorner.com/node/19
-
http://www.fontonic.com/sfile.asp?id=415

~
These should be enough :3 If you want anything else, feel free to ask ^^
Feb 13, 2013 7:35 PM

Sep 2012
Myanimelist sould totally have a like button so i can like this xD
Feb 13, 2013 8:37 PM

Sep 2012
got a question

IN this photo can any one tell me how to get that font and how to make those little letters that says limited edition
Feb 13, 2013 9:06 PM

Sep 2011
Rikumoon123 said:
got a question

IN this photo can any one tell me how to get that font and how to make those little letters that says limited edition

That's done with a font :-) I'll link it to you when I get back from school :-)
Feb 14, 2013 1:36 AM
Oct 2011
pavli4ka8 said:
AkaKuros said:
@Pavliiiiin~

*glomps* You are really a nice and polite person! <3 <3 <3

>/////< But...I can't just go and ask D: And what if the person just deletes my comment~? :(

Aww~ <3 Thank you very much!

LOL I'M NO NAISU DESU!
I'm really a very bad dinosaur ;)

And no! I do not think the person will delete it? Or why not try to PM! :D

and for the shapes tutorial.. SANKYUU
but! My PS do not have that shape tool desu :(
Feb 14, 2013 4:57 AM

Sep 2011
@Riku-kun: The font is either "Ernest" or "Visitor TT1 BRK" :) You can find them in dafont ^^
@Zion-chan: NYUUU O3O A really cute & nice dino~ <3

Hehe :3 Riku-kun was nice enough to find the pic for me so I won't worry anymore for that ^0^ *party*

You're always welcome dear! ★ If you want more tutorials about something,ask me ^^

O.O Really? What version of PS do you have?
Feb 14, 2013 9:55 AM

Sep 2012
Thx Pavli and i have cs6 if that question was intented for me xD
Feb 14, 2013 11:02 AM

Sep 2011
Hehe - you're welcome! <3

O: CS6? Wow - I have only CS5 >.< XDD (I originaly asked Zion-chan,but it's also nice to know which one you use :so I know what to search for :3)
Feb 14, 2013 11:21 AM

Feb 2012
ahh i need to torrent photoshop on this new comp, tired of using gimp
Feb 16, 2013 3:16 AM
Oct 2011
pavli4ka8 said:
@Riku-kun: The font is either "Ernest" or "Visitor TT1 BRK" :) You can find them in dafont ^^

Hehe :3 Riku-kun was nice enough to find the pic for me so I won't worry anymore for that ^0^ *party*

You're always welcome dear! ★ If you want more tutorials about something,ask me ^^

I'm using CS5 desu~ :c
Feb 16, 2013 9:57 AM

Sep 2011
AkaKuros said:
pavli4ka8 said:

AkaKuros said:
pavli4ka8 said:

I use the same!!!: D
Feb 16, 2013 2:39 PM

Jul 2012
I use Paint.NET lol. Even though I have CS6 I don't know how to use it... xD
huh
Feb 16, 2013 3:26 PM

Sep 2012
does anyone use indesign ??
Feb 16, 2013 9:24 PM
Oct 2011
pavli4ka8 said:
AkaKuros said:
pavli4ka8 said:

AkaKuros said:
pavli4ka8 said:

I use the same!!!: D

But me PS has no Shape thingy blahblah so all I do to make my
cards "circle" is the layer mask orz

LOL I FINALLY GOT IT SANKYUUU~
JunekosFeb 16, 2013 9:43 PM
Feb 17, 2013 3:03 AM

Mar 2011
pavli4ka8 said:
Okay my dears - you wanted shapes? I'll give you :D But first, let's start with the obvious - what shapes do you have?
As I read, you have said that you know how to make rectangles and ovals xDD But you have a bit more than just those two~ You have:
-Normal Rectangle
-Rounded Rectangle
-Elipse/Oval
-Polygon
-Line Tool and...

...what is that?
Well, simple Watson - Custom Shapes Tool! *-* And if you click the little black arrow beside this blob, you will find some shapes like a Heart,a Blob,an Arrow and a bit more~ ^-^ Sometimes, they are enough,but sometimes - you want something more interesting! >:3 I'll give you links of some cool shapes, but before I do, I need to tell you HOW to get them in ^0^ Remember the little black arrow right next to the Custom Shape tool? Well, click on it and then you will see another little arrow :D
Click on it and you will see some options - click on Load Shapes & find your downloaded shapes ^^ (do this when you download some :P)
=============================
Shapes~ ^0^
http://www.shapes4free.com/photoshop-custom-shapes/flowers-photoshop-shapes/
-
http://www.shapes4free.com/photoshop-custom-shapes/arrows-photoshop-shapes/
-
http://www.shapes4free.com/photoshop-custom-shapes/photoshop-badge-shapes/
-
http://www.brusheezy.com/shapes/29510-label-shapes-custom-tags <---- took me weeks to try to make those and then the next month, I found this sh*t =.= xDDD
-
http://myphotoshopbrushes.com/custom_shapes/id/2045/ <--- I think they are similar to the ones up there o.o But anyways~
-
http://myphotoshopbrushes.com/custom_shapes/id/2049/ <-- Hearts :D
-
http://www.shapes4free.com/photoshop-custom-shapes/photoshop-hearts-shapes/
-
http://www.digitalartcorner.com/node/19
-
http://www.fontonic.com/sfile.asp?id=415

~
These should be enough :3 If you want anything else, feel free to ask ^^

are there also sites for shapes for GIMP?
Feb 17, 2013 3:26 AM

Sep 2011
@Zion-chan: *-* YUPPIE!!! :D That's awesome to hear *w*
@Cross-tan: Well, I'll search for some :)
Feb 17, 2013 3:57 AM

Sep 2011
CrossAngel said:
Rikumoon123 said:
got a question

what's the name of that font??

Either Carnivalee Freakshow or The Dead Saloon :3
Feb 18, 2013 12:39 AM

Mar 2011
yeah i already found it <3 really nice font
Feb 18, 2013 6:30 AM

Dec 2012
I just wanna ask , I got here an editing software . Macromedia Fireworks .Is it something Like Photoshop ? I've never use Photoshop so I wanna try this software .

- barely alive -
Feb 18, 2013 6:53 AM

Oct 2012
Rikumoon123 said:
got a question

wah! my card. XD
the biger font is Carnevalee Freakshow
tha small one is Visitor TT1 BRK
Feb 18, 2013 1:42 PM

Sep 2012
@natsucchi thx xD AND I LOVE UR CARD Xd

@aku27 no fireworks and macromedia is for like flim editing and effects in films or movies clips xD but it is adobe products
Feb 19, 2013 2:25 AM

Dec 2012
Rikumoon123 said:
@aku27 no fireworks and macromedia is for like flim editing and effects in films or movies clips xD but it is adobe products

I see . My friend is also asking me how to use this .I really dunno what is this thing xD Thanks ^^

- barely alive -
Feb 19, 2013 2:42 AM
Oct 2011
GUISE. Can someone please link me to the place where you got
those stripe patterns? I have on but when I fill my graphics
with it, the pattern's broken. LOLOL
Feb 19, 2013 2:54 AM

Sep 2011
AkaKuros said:
GUISE. Can someone please link me to the place where you got
those stripe patterns? I have on but when I fill my graphics
with it, the pattern's broken. LOLOL

Stripe patterns? COMMING RIGHT AWAY OWO
Feb 19, 2013 3:10 AM

Sep 2011
Now, I need YOUR help,minna! xDDD I can't find the original image on this card:

Pwease help ;A;

aaand a question to Zion-tan: How did you do the border here???
;A;
Feb 19, 2013 7:35 AM

Mar 2011
@pavli

ohh i wantt also stripes patter for gimp TT.TT
only site where i can download brushes is deviantart

PS
gwwwwaaaaddddd!! that's for W.o.R O.O
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» [Game] Count to A million :3 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Rikumoon123 - Feb 10, 2013

287 by fausifahrial »»
Nov 12, 2023 9:36 PM

» [GAME]ABC Game: ANIME VERISON ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Light_Azreal - Jul 5, 2012

320 by DarkWerWolf »»
Jan 25, 2015 1:20 PM

» [Game] Ctrl+ V OR Command+ V

Rikumoon123 - Feb 10, 2013

18 by _QQyuellis »»
Jul 27, 2014 1:04 AM

Sticky: » [STAFF] Chat Room ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Itsuchan - Jul 3, 2012

555 by DarkWerWolf »»
Aug 11, 2013 12:19 PM

» [GAME] Guess the Anime ( 1 2 )

mandieve - Jan 25, 2013

55 by DarkWerWolf »»
Jun 21, 2013 12:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.