MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

First Episode of Ghost in the Shell: Arise To Be Premiered in June
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» News Discussion »» First Episode of Ghost in the Shell: Arise To Be Premiered in June

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
02-15-13, 12:32 AM

Don't like the art.

02-15-13, 8:43 AM

SilentTruth said:
Looks promising

Promising Indeed ^^
I'am Thou And Thou Art I...And we're a HAPPY FAMILY!!!

02-15-13, 10:42 AM

Just a few days after my birthday.

Nice.

EDIT: Also, people badmouthing SAC? Man what.

SAC was excellent.
Did you ever see that Code Geass spin-off about Nunnally?

Neither did she.

02-15-13, 1:27 PM

insan3soldiern said:
Post-Josh said:
Hopefully this isn't terrible like SAC.
Lol....good one.
Although I was baiting somewhat, I wasn't joking, haha. For a renowned action show I was shocked by how bland and boring the visuals were. But ultimately what made me drop it were the laughable moments of reflection at the end of each episode. "Wait... what if the killer just wanted to be loved??" *camera pans cityscape* "YEAHHHHHH!" They were like something straight out of a bad cop show.

02-15-13, 1:52 PM

Post-Josh said:
insan3soldiern said:
Post-Josh said:
Lol....good one.
Although I was baiting somewhat, I wasn't joking, haha. For a renowned action show I was shocked by how bland and boring the visuals were. But ultimately what made me drop it were the laughable moments of reflection at the end of each episode. "Wait... what if the killer just wanted to be loved??" *camera pans cityscape* "YEAHHHHHH!" They were like something straight out of a bad cop show.

You may want to check out the condensed version that involves the main plot alone:
http://myanimelist.net/anime/2449/Ghost_in_the_Shell:_Stand_Alone_Complex_-_The_Laughing_Man

Many people get bored with the individual episodes (some of which are genuinely bad) and never even reach the complex ones. You can do the same for season two (http://myanimelist.net/anime/2448/Ghost_in_the_Shell:_Stand_Alone_Complex_2nd_GIG_-_Individual_Eleven), although the individual episodes there are of much better quality.

02-15-13, 1:59 PM

Post-Josh said:
insan3soldiern said:
Post-Josh said:
Lol....good one.

Cool story, bro.

02-15-13, 2:02 PM

hentai_proxy said:
Post-Josh said:
insan3soldiern said:
Post-Josh said:
Lol....good one.

You may want to check out the condensed version that involves the main plot alone:
http://myanimelist.net/anime/2449/Ghost_in_the_Shell:_Stand_Alone_Complex_-_The_Laughing_Man

Many people get bored with the individual episodes (some of which are genuinely bad) and never even reach the complex ones. You can do the same for season two (http://myanimelist.net/anime/2448/Ghost_in_the_Shell:_Stand_Alone_Complex_2nd_GIG_-_Individual_Eleven), although the individual episodes there are of much better quality.

Don't waste your time, he scored the GITS 6 so he is clearly not interested in the GITS franchise. It's probably too ridicilous/absurd for him.

02-15-13, 2:33 PM

hentai_proxy said:

Thanks, I think I'll try that actually. I was under the impression the entire show was episodic.

bergil said:
Don't waste your time, he scored the GITS 6 so he is clearly not interested in the GITS franchise. It's probably too ridicilous/absurd for him.
Thanks for the insight, detective. You almost didn't neglect the fact that 6 is above average on my list, lol.

02-15-13, 2:50 PM

Post-Josh said:
insan3soldiern said:
Post-Josh said:
Lol....good one.

An unintentional joke then...

You could have at least given it until the Laughing Man story started. I can't guarantee you'll like it though, but it's definitely the best part of the first season. But, then again, I liked most of the stand alone episodes, so it's obvious we don't really see eye to eye regarding this series or I guess the franchise as a whole.
Modified by insan3soldiern, 02-15-13, 2:54 PM
"Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy. As long as the Sun, the Moon, and the Earth exist, everything will be all right."

- Yui Ikari, The End of Evangelion

02-15-13, 2:57 PM

Post-Josh said:
Thanks, I think I'll try that actually. I was under the impression the entire show was episodic

Is your list saying that you dropped SAC after two episodes accurate? I'd assume you saw more if the "end of episode reflection" stuff bothered you, as presumably it would only bother if it happened a lot.

My opinion is similar to hentai_proxy's. The first season is very good, but the Laughing Man episodes are the real meat of it. The "Individual" episodes, as they're aptly called, are hit and miss. I did like most of them but Laughing Man is where it's at.

2nd GIG was more consistent in quality from episode to episode. If you do try the Laughing Man summary version (which I haven't seen, so I can't speak to how well it covers the material) and end up liking it, then I'd strongly recommend trying 2nd GIG in its entirety before going straight to the the highlights version.
Anime sales website at http://www.someanithing.com/

02-15-13, 4:12 PM

Yeah, it's accurate. Two episodes was enough to bother me, lol. Sometimes I try to give well-received shows a "fair chance", but I just wasn't enjoying it enough to do that. Interesting to see that the Laughing Man arc starts only two episodes later.

But anywho, I'm going to give the Laughing Man summary version a try and go from there.

02-15-13, 7:17 PM

The anime staff has kindly provided with help for those who may prefer longer arc to standalone stories (or vice versa)

You can look at the title of the episodes and tell if it is a standalone episode or part of a longer arc. The first 3 episodes have title started with "SA", meaning they are standalone episode. The next 3 episodes (ep.4-6) have title started with "C", meaning they are "complex episodes" where the episodes are linked. They even have the screen colored differently when the title is shown. SC has green color while C has blue.

Ep.3 is where the Laughing Man arc starts.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.

02-16-13, 7:55 AM

am i the only one who think
Ghost in the Shell: Arise
sound like
Dark knight : Rise
2014 watch list
Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei // Tekkaman Blade // Monster
LOTGH // Phi Brain 1-2-3 // Sword Art Online
Hajime no Ippo // Horizon In The Middle of Nowhere
Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex 1+2+Ms
Bubblegum Crisis

i know my English so bad, but i try my best
it is my 2nd language after all

02-17-13, 6:22 AM

I don't really see myself watching this. Psycho-Pass is without a doubt the spiritual successor to GiTS these days, and I'm pretty content with that. There's just too much history with the character design and voice actors for me. Anyone besides Atsuko Tanaka as the main voice of the Major is just too disjointing even if it's Sakamoto. I'd prefer not to go into things with a bias so I'm going to keep my distance.

02-17-13, 6:52 AM

Acinonyx said:
I don't really see myself watching this. Psycho-Pass is without a doubt the spiritual successor to GiTS these days, and I'm pretty content with that. There's just too much history with the character design and voice actors for me. Anyone besides Atsuko Tanaka as the main voice of the Major is just too disjointing even if it's Sakamoto. I'd prefer not to go into things with a bias so I'm going to keep my distance.

If there is a spiritual successor to GITS today that would be Mardock Scramble not Psycho-Pass.

02-17-13, 7:24 AM

Post-Josh said:
insan3soldiern said:
Post-Josh said:
Lol....good one.

I don't recall ever seeing GitS:SAC being referred to as a renowned action show. Sounds like you watched it for the wrong reasons, expecting something entirely diferent. Perhaps you should stick to shows like Naruto, they seem to be more at your depth.

almozayaf said:
am i the only one who think
Ghost in the Shell: Arise
sound like
Dark knight : Rise

Yes.

YouTube - I post all my gameplay (Kingdom Hearts, so far) videos here (mostly boss fights), I am currently running through Kingdom Hearts II: Final Mix on Proud Mode. I am aiming to catalogue all boss fights in 1080p HD using PCSX2 to emulate and Fraps to record. Give my videos a watch and some constructive criticism. Thanks.

02-17-13, 9:46 AM

I'm going to sound terrible, but I enjoyed the dub for SAC more than the original audio, but with Bandai gone, who's going to license/dub this?

02-17-13, 9:52 AM

Tyestor said:
Post-Josh said:
insan3soldiern said:
Post-Josh said:
Lol....good one.

I don't recall ever seeing GitS:SAC being referred to as a renowned action show. Sounds like you watched it for the wrong reasons, expecting something entirely diferent. Perhaps you should stick to shows like Naruto, they seem to be more at your depth.

Probably one of the most mature and understanding responses in this thread.
"Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy. As long as the Sun, the Moon, and the Earth exist, everything will be all right."

02-17-13, 9:54 AM

insan3soldiern said:
Tyestor said:
Post-Josh said:
insan3soldiern said:
Post-Josh said:
Lol....good one.

Does that include the Naruto part of the message?

02-17-13, 9:55 AM

bergil said:
insan3soldiern said:
Tyestor said:
Post-Josh said:
insan3soldiern said:
Post-Josh said:
Lol....good one.

Does that include the Naruto part of the message?

I was being sarcastic and that was the main focus of the comment, yeah. I agreed with him up until that part.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices