MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

First Episode of Ghost in the Shell: Arise To Be Premiered in June
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» News Discussion »» First Episode of Ghost in the Shell: Arise To Be Premiered in June

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
02-12-13, 10:25 AM

Bloody amazing.

02-12-13, 1:30 PM

FUCK YEAH! I'm so damn excited about this.
And I, for one, like that they decided to make it as OVA/short movies, rather than a full-length TV series. It allows for better visuals and a tighter, more engaging story than a bunch of stand-alone episodes. Maybe I.G were inspired by ufotable's approach to Kara no Kyoukai.
Also love the artwork and character designs. They really look like the designs from the original 1995 movie.
Can't wait for this!

02-12-13, 2:09 PM

nice, should be a nice breath of fresh air for the series. I feel like people aren't open to change and aren't giving it a chance.
thefakesoundofprogress

02-12-13, 3:42 PM

Looks very nice, with promising action. Was hoping for another TV series, but I guess 50 minute episodes are okay.

Mixed feelings, I suppose. Don't disappoint!
I don't look back on forum posts, so leave a comment on my profile if replying. o(^▽^)o

02-12-13, 3:48 PM

Hopefully this inspires Kamiyama to do a "3rd GIG".
The trailer looks pretty good. Seems like they kinda managed to capture the essence of the show. The changed character designs will take getting used to (some more than others), but I'm looking forward as to what they com up with for Motoko's past. Don't ruin her Production I.G!

02-12-13, 6:47 PM

Fans in Japan react quite badly with the wholesale change of all VAs. They are not enthusiastic about a OVA model for the anime distribution. Combined with the ambivalent reactions about the new character design, the prognosis for the new series does not look so bright (for now at least).
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.

02-12-13, 6:56 PM

symbv said:
Fans in Japan react quite badly with the wholesale change of all VAs. They are not enthusiastic about a OVA model for the anime distribution. Combined with the ambivalent reactions about the new character design, the prognosis for the new series does not look so bright (for now at least).

In a way, that could end up being a good thing - low expectations mean that they will be easy to exceed. If everyone thought it was going to be perfect, than anything less than perfection would have been smashed. They still have to actually crank out a good product for this to work, though.

02-12-13, 7:20 PM

As a hardcore fan of GitS I was very excited when I read the first news. Now after seeing the 2 videos posted in here, my expectations became very very high, but the only 2 things I didn't like at all are that the 1st film will be 50 mins. long and that none of the original VAs will be returning. I just hope that if in the end a 3rd GIG gets green light I just hope all the VAs return as for Kanno and Kamiyama.

In the end this looks pretty solid, despite what I mentioned above, animation and art looks astonishing. Probably this will be better than most of the animes that are been made nowadays and the ones to come. Very excited, looking forward to it.

02-13-13, 12:42 AM

Now we're talking the sme language! hells yeah.

02-13-13, 1:03 AM

moeslasher said:
the original is so much better than the series -.-
http://myanimelist.net/anime/43/Ghost_in_the_Shell

Thanks for the link. We obviously couldn't find it by ourselves or couldn't understand what you're talking about.

02-13-13, 1:11 AM

They might be testing the waters with OVAs. If people like them they might make a series following the OVAs.

02-13-13, 1:15 AM

Hopefully this isn't terrible like SAC.

02-13-13, 1:16 AM

not terribly impressed by the new character designs.....of course how could anything live up to the original? still, i'll have to give it a chance: i.g. + ghost in the shell is exciting to see again!

02-13-13, 1:17 AM

bergil said:
moeslasher said:
the original is so much better than the series -.-
http://myanimelist.net/anime/43/Ghost_in_the_Shell

Thanks for the link. We obviously couldn't find it by ourselves or couldn't understand what you're talking about.

[IMG]http://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/moeslasher.gif[/IMG]

02-14-13, 12:55 PM

I would prefer a TV series...

And I hope these OVA won't have the same gap releases as the Code Geass ones.

02-14-13, 1:19 PM

Post-Josh said:

Lol....good one.
"Hello. I came to talk. I've been thinking lately. About you and me. About what's going to happen to us, in the end. We're going to kill each other, aren't we? Perhaps you'll kill me. Perhaps I'll kill you. Perhaps sooner. Perhaps later. I just wanted to know that I'd made a genuine attempt to talk things over and avert that outcome. Just once. Are you listening to me? It's life and death I'm discussing here. Maybe my death... maybe yours. I don't fully understand why ours should be such a fatal relationship, but I don't want your murder on my... hands..."

Batman, The Killing Joke

02-14-13, 1:46 PM

We need more shows as "terrible" as SAC.

02-14-13, 1:55 PM

I a HUGE GITS fan too and it aint looking bad at all for me, despite all changes.

Regarding the change of seiyuu, while I would have preferred the old cast as anyone else, japanese seiyuus are the best, I doubt the new ones will disappoint and will do and excellent work.

Animation looks top notch, so no worries there, new character designs not bad at all, some characters different but nothing bad at all, they are younger so you can expect some characters to look different.

I am not expecting GITS:SAC level but I think this can be decent to very good.

02-14-13, 2:58 PM

Post-Josh said:

Looks like this one is going to be even worse than that TV series.

Disappointing trailer btw. Cheap "cel-shaded" CGI is just cheap. Nice job with your usual crap Production IG.

Character design is average to decent I guess. No where the same level as the epic 1995 movie.

02-14-13, 3:06 PM

Plusme said:
Post-Josh said:

Looks like this one is going to be even worse than that TV series.

Disappointing trailer btw. Cheap "cel-shaded" CGI is just cheap. Nice job with your usual crap Production IG.

Character design is average to decent I guess. No where the same level as the epic 1995 movie.

It's hard to take someone who scored DBZ movies 9 seriously. Btw, "nowhere" is spelled as one word.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices