Forum Settings
Forums

TV Anime Kotoura-san Attracts Tourists to the Town of Kotoura

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Feb 11, 2013 1:32 AM

Sep 2012
maybe you can visit the shrine she hid at? not quite as fun as visiting a kissaten destroyed in a street tank battle from GuP... but hey, tourism is yen is good so any tie in will be used these days no matter how small.
Feb 11, 2013 4:24 AM

Jun 2010
>4:23 AM right now

I thought the title of this article was that terrorists attacked a town that's the setting in an anime haha...

.....that'd be a lot more interesting at least.
Feb 11, 2013 6:55 AM

Sep 2012
icantfeelmyarms said:
>4:23 AM right now

I thought the title of this article was that terrorists attacked a town that's the setting in an anime haha...

.....that'd be a lot more interesting at least.

That would be an AKB0048 concert in Kotourachou...
Feb 11, 2013 8:33 AM
Jan 2013
Nice PR posters. It says you can get them if you visit that town now. It would surely attract tourists.

I checked Kotoura Newsletter. Gee, they hire native English speakers as TAs for English class. Must be fun to live there.
http://www.town.kotoura.tottori.jp/docs/2013013000033/files/17.pdf
Interesting read.
phoenixdragonFeb 11, 2013 8:48 AM
Feb 11, 2013 2:54 PM

Oct 2012
Sugoi. I didn't even know the town existed.IMO It is a great idea.
Feb 12, 2013 1:41 AM

Sep 2012
SetsukoHara said:
No, but seriously, I can understand why it happened for GuP since we saw during a tank fight what the city looked like, but for Kotoura-san, meh.

AiCon said:
Wonder what's the big deal. There was nothing in the show that was any different from any other town. Just a school and a street.
You forgot the home town of Kotoura-san IS KOTOURA-CHOU (you can see it in the train station in the latest episode). Perhaps the English sub did not translate that? Or people miss it when watching the show??

Besides, as the initial post said, the author got the name for Kotoura-san by picking the name from the name of the town. So it is only natural that he agrees with the town's proposal of using the manga for a collaboration project to boost local tourism. NOW THAT IS THE BIG DEAL - How often did you see collaboration coming from this kind of back story??
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Feb 13, 2013 12:25 AM
Jan 2013
Wow. This is pretty interesting. I wonder how the people of the town feel about all of the business though.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

5 by dimidrum »»
8 hours ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Today

4 by Memore »»
10 hours ago

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - 11 hours ago

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
11 hours ago

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - Today

1 by RobertBobert »»
12 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Yesterday

30 by RobertBobert »»
Today, 11:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.