Forum Settings
Forums
The Flowers of Evil
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 3, 2013 12:31 AM

Jan 2011
Whoa Saeki looked like she was super-pissed. Kinda gave me some psychotic vibes as well lol. Man, Kasuga must feel like a shit-eater. (smirk)
Mar 4, 2013 2:15 PM

Sep 2011
-Quasar said:
I think I'm starting to remember why I loved Saeki back then. I'm not digging the calm and free chapters recently so I'm glad she shaken him up and made him realize that he just uses Tokiwa as a temporary substitute.

Isn't she doing the same? Her boyfriend looks way too much like him.
Mar 10, 2013 1:49 AM
Mar 2011
PirateKingz said:
Oh the irony.

Even though Saeki is attacking Kasuga for liking Aya because she looks like Nakamura, her situation isn't really any different. Saeki too can't let go off the past and seems to like her boyfriend because he looks like Kasuga.

exactly! she had what? 3 yrs to move on? and then she goes back to him the first chance she gets?

im really loving this manga, too different so far
"....i am the villain in this story"
Mar 10, 2013 4:14 AM

Aug 2012
Well it seems to me that she blames him not for getting a substitute for Nakamura (though I bet she would have preferred a substitute that looks more like her), but for dumping Tokiwa in the future and making her unhappy as he did to Saeki. She doesn't despise the man that can't get over his past, she despises the one that runs away when problems come up instead of trying to find an actual solution.
Mar 15, 2013 9:07 AM

Sep 2009
you guys posted the necessary things that needs to be told so i won't say anything, its just that Kasuga looks like Jackie in page 24 ^...,^ hahahahaha
Apr 7, 2013 6:33 AM

Apr 2009
She says all those spiteful things with a smile... she's changed in more ways, I see. Maybe not exactly for the better. Although she's not in a position to accuse him of finding a substitute when her own boyfriend looks like Takao from the past.
Apr 9, 2013 1:01 PM

Sep 2011
PirateKingz said:
Oh the irony.

Even though Saeki is attacking Kasuga for liking Aya because she looks like Nakamura, her situation isn't really any different. Saeki too can't let go off the past and seems to like her boyfriend because he looks like Kasuga.

I think thats called hypocrisy

What to say about this chapter? Things going baD for Kasuga again
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Apr 24, 2013 5:21 PM

Dec 2009
Eh, I wonder what will happen. I was kinda liking this new direction.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Jun 24, 2013 1:59 PM

Jan 2013
Damn Saeki, she is blunt.
Great chapter.
Nov 1, 2013 1:23 PM
Sep 2013
I have to admit, I'm a bit confused on Saeki's character development. Has she moved on and is she over Takao? (some comments here seem to suggest that)

In that case, why does her boyfriend look like Takao? Or does she still have feelings for him?
Nov 3, 2013 10:16 PM

Sep 2011
I think I'm living in the past. What Saeki did was right, but I just keep getting this weird vibe from her...
Jan 14, 2014 8:02 PM

Apr 2012
Saeki told him no lies in this chapter lol, he keeps repeating mistakes and using girls until there's a problem to run away from.

I don't trust Tokiwa's boyfriend...
May 25, 2014 5:52 AM
May 2012
So many ideas inside my head right now!!
Kasuga, Tokiwa, Saeki, Nakamura, and The Boyfriend.
Let's see what will happen!!!
May 28, 2014 9:05 AM

Jul 2013
So, Kasuga's tendency to escape from life with Nakamura, turned into a tendency to escape from his past, while trying to find a reason to live for. That sums it up.

It looks like Saeki went out with Kasuga just to insult him. I can understand why she did it, but she isn't any better. Saeki, you little hypocrite!
Nov 29, 2014 7:26 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
While Saeki makes some very good points and tells Kasuga some of what he's running from, she seems to not have evolved that much either. She's just more angry, which is perhaps understandable, but there's little point in taking it out on Kasuga now. The boy's just an empty husk at the moment.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Feb 13, 2015 8:45 AM

Jul 2007
octal9 said:
saeki-san has grown into a real psycho-sadistic wench! froze the blood in my veins - that is one bitter and dangerous woman.....our boy better watch out...

Farabeuf said:
While Saeki makes some very good points and tells Kasuga some of what he's running from, she seems to not have evolved that much either. She's just more angry, which is perhaps understandable, but there's little point in taking it out on Kasuga now. The boy's just an empty husk at the moment.
きみ は だれ だい?
ぼく は ラムボ!
ぼく は だれ だい?
きみ は ラムボ!
ラムボ なんでし!
Jul 19, 2016 8:56 PM

Jan 2016
For real Nanako? You talking about replacing someone and your boyfriend is just a doppelganger of the guy smh
Nov 16, 2016 3:27 PM

Jan 2013
Saeki had some good points for sure allthough she's just trying to replace Kasuga aswell.
May 3, 2017 10:38 PM

Mar 2015
well she does have a good point that I tried to mention previously, but damn... you yourself also found a substitute. That's what we call a hypocrite.

Nov 19, 2017 11:48 PM

Jan 2017
orbbie said:
She came in and ruined everything.

This basically tells everything.
Jan 2, 2020 6:33 PM

May 2015
Whatever point Saeki is trying to make is irrelevant when she's being a hypocrite and doing the same thing by finding a replacement for Kasuga. She's just butthurt that he didn't want her. She hasn't changed in any positive way at all. Now she's trying to say that he'll do the same to Tokiwa. What, is he not suppose to find anyone else interesting? She just wanted to rub salt in the wound like some of the others have said here. I guess they're both even now.
I'm kinda surprised Kasuga didn't answer Tokiwa's phone call. But I suppose I wouldn't be in the mood to talk to someone after some bullshit like that.
Koji has called Tokiwa and he wants to see her. Will she want to get back with him?
And at the end Saeki lied to her bf about why she was going to be busy at the time she went to have lunch with Kasuga. I like how that little bit was thrown in there.
May 27, 2020 1:30 PM
Jun 2019
It's time to throw shit to Kasuga again. What a misarable man, I feel really bad for him... Not my favorite characther, but It's impossible not to feel something for him. He will not have a redemption arc, eh...?
Jul 3, 2021 3:06 AM

Jan 2020
Disappointed, huh...well I bet she will be back for him
Mar 22, 2022 5:19 PM

Sep 2014
"Will you make her unhappy to?"

"Thats my secret Saeki-san, I only date unhappy girls so they dont have high expectations to begin with!"
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
May 24, 2022 7:17 AM

Jul 2008
The first half of this manga was difficult to get through. It was so angsty and shallow. The characters were chaotic with little reason and though Baudelaire is such a focal point, his work isn't given much reference. However, it's basically the crux of the second part and the drama now has a lot of weight because of what happened. In the way, I appreciate the first part in a new light, but I still think it could have been so much more refined. The ending will make or break this manga for me.
I write about manga → morningroo.com
and movies → letterboxd.com/ugla
Nov 16, 2022 9:53 AM

Aug 2018
Yes, the situation was tense for Kasuga.
Dec 10, 2023 3:28 PM

Sep 2017
God, this manga honestly scares me. I haven't experienced the stuff this protagonist went through but evdn still for some reason I can relate to him on a spiritual level. The fear of being manipulated by people is again awakened in me.
خ

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aku no Hana Chapter 46 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KitKatKaz - Jun 6, 2013

82 by Sahil_K_Chandio »»
Mar 27, 9:45 PM

Poll: » Aku no Hana Chapter 39 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2013

31 by Sahil_K_Chandio »»
Mar 27, 9:29 PM

Poll: » Aku no Hana Chapter 37 Discussion

Javi-Hime - Feb 2, 2013

31 by Sahil_K_Chandio »»
Mar 27, 9:19 PM

Poll: » Aku no Hana Chapter 26 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Explicitz - May 14, 2012

85 by Sahil_K_Chandio »»
Mar 27, 8:07 PM

Poll: » Aku no Hana Chapter 25 Discussion

notsureifsrs - May 14, 2012

38 by Sahil_K_Chandio »»
Mar 27, 8:05 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.