Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Apr 18, 2013 9:49 AM

Jan 2008
5layer said:
So the person killing everyone might be Mamoru or Maria. Not entirely sure.

Very doubtful since they've been confirmed dead. (and I think that confirmation can be trusted since it was Tomoki-sama who made it, I think she would have noticed the manipulations of a cantus user and/or the Bakenezumi).

It seems that things are getting more and more desperate and the whole society the humans build and tried to mantain is about to fall apart.
"Truth is always a delusion." - Friedrich Dürrenmatt
Apr 20, 2013 11:50 PM

Sep 2011
Alexx_ said:
HOLY SHIT! This episode was all kinds of intense.
Had me at the edge of my seat.

srs.
Apr 23, 2013 9:39 PM

Aug 2010
This episode was intense! Definitely one of the best episodes so far.
Apr 28, 2013 3:44 PM

Jun 2008
Entravity said:
Fiend attacking everyone. Nice, looks like what people predicted is right. Should be interesting to see where he's from. How does Yakomaru control him? Hmm....

A karma demon is uncontrollable but a fiend isn't. A fiend is nothing different than sociopath or murderer in our society in term of personality. we know such people can be manipulated so is not impossible to manipulate such person.

What i wondered was how does he/she kill everyone so easy? Does the cantus becomes stronger for a fiend or is it simply because the others can't use their power against it.
From what i got from the DNA thing, is not that a person can't kill another but more that he/she will probably die too if it does. So why don't they kill him/her even if it will cost them their lifes than sit there and die? Maybe because they where educated to not be able to even attack a human but this should not ably to the higher individuals or our mains that didn't receive the full brainwashing course.
What i don't get is why since the liver stopping etc is implanted in the DNA, why do fiends have the capability to not be affected. A karma demon does everything subconsciously so is understandable that he can avoid being affected because he doesn't actually try to kill anyone. But a fiend does things consciously.
MonadApr 28, 2013 4:02 PM
Apr 29, 2013 2:37 PM

Sep 2011
MoonageDaydream said:
I had a feeling that another person was nearby when I saw the rainbow flashes.
Yeah, I also wondered why that rainbow flash/warping of the air was there when they were blowing up the queerats in the fire.
I gues it's a fiend, huh? I wonder if it could be someone we know.

Great episode again, btw. I especially liked the scene when they started burning up their surroundings, all while playing that epic music.
RazielZeroApr 29, 2013 3:06 PM
May 1, 2013 2:32 PM

Feb 2013
Fuck*ng epic episode, i really like this series
May 17, 2013 12:28 AM

Jan 2013
Zestian said:
Fuck*ng epic episode, i really like this series
This.
These past few episode have been really exciting. Heh
CabronJul 4, 2013 1:00 AM
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

May 23, 2013 6:12 PM

Oct 2011
LOVED the episode !!!!!!! People who dropped it in the start lost so so much !!! I was excited all the episode ! One of the best so far.
May 25, 2013 8:17 AM

Aug 2011
I'm actually guessing that the monster rats killed Maria and Mamoru after capturing their son (who I'm also guessing exists), gave the real skeletons over to the ethics committee and raised the kid to become their own little controllable ogre.

At this point anything could be true.
May 25, 2013 12:19 PM

Sep 2011
Thats got to be maria and momaru's child, maria's final words from last episode sayign that her and saki couldnt have kids just seems to point to that

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jun 5, 2013 7:12 PM

Jul 2009
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
Thats got to be maria and momaru's child, maria's final words from last episode sayign that her and saki couldnt have kids just seems to point to that

That's what I thought, it would be the only reason to she say that, also, the whole thing about Maria needing to die or not being born makes sense now...if she was not born she would not have this kid and the people would be safe.
Jun 19, 2013 3:20 AM
Apr 2013
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:

Also, I didn't understand some major parts of the series but the kids got the spirit blessing thing with the cantus at age 12, and this was a 12 year time skip, exactly enough time for a child to grow and receive cantus. After that, it's pretty easy to manipulate a child into hating the village, maybe telling him that the village caused the deaths of his parents, or something of the sort.

If this is true, it's a pretty creepy case of teenage pregnancy though.
Jul 3, 2013 4:14 AM

Jun 2011
Holy shit, that was definitely the best episode so far. Shit hit the fan for realz

A fiend, probably, but who is he and where is he from? I can't stop thinking that it's either Shun or Mamoru, but neither of them would make sense really... I'm quite sure Maria and Mamoru are still alive even though it was said that they are dead. And Mamoru having become a Fiend and attacking the village doesn't really make much sense to me.
Must watch next episode nao >:3
Jul 4, 2013 12:58 AM

Apr 2013
This episode was intense. And who the hell is that Fiend ? Or maybe it's a Karma Demon...?
Anyway this series is getting interesting at this point.
Jul 29, 2013 9:55 AM

Jan 2013
One thing I'm really enjoying about this is that there aren't any stupid anime tropes or anything like that. The emotions and actions of the characters all feel incredibly real. This is just a great work of art - no pandering to the audience or anything. I don't think I've seen anything like this before. Thoroughly enjoying it
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
Aug 15, 2013 12:39 PM

Jul 2012
shits are getting real D: amazing episode, it kept my adrenaline up :D
Aug 21, 2013 7:29 PM

Feb 2013
Wow... For the first time in this series I can say "That was a great episode!"
Aug 30, 2013 2:56 PM

Feb 2013
lr3t2 said:
5layer said:
So the person killing everyone might be Mamoru or Maria. Not entirely sure.

Very doubtful since they've been confirmed dead. (and I think that confirmation can be trusted since it was Tomoki-sama who made it, I think she would have noticed the manipulations of a cantus user and/or the Bakenezumi).

I don't think so because it was foreshadowed at the end of episode 2 that a lot of people would've lived if Maria hadn't been born.

OT: Very suspenseful episode.
I almost piss myself during the door scene. xD

"And if, there were so many people in the world, there had to be someone living an interesting life that wasn't ordinary. I was sure of it. Why wasn't that person me?"
- The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part V
[/center]
Sep 14, 2013 9:39 AM

Jan 2011
so intense, and so dark...
Sep 20, 2013 8:49 PM

Nov 2012
shit dont tell me this is the demon :3
really awesome episode
Oct 8, 2013 7:53 AM

Dec 2012
WELL THAT WAS BLOODY BRILLIANT.

please don't be Maria :'(
Oct 15, 2013 4:30 AM
Aug 2011
Damn I knew mamoru was going to become a fiend from the episode he left the village.
Oct 15, 2013 4:33 AM

Apr 2011
^uhmm,

Oct 26, 2013 5:07 PM

Oct 2011
Great episode! Had me on the edge of my seat all the way through. Really curious as to who this fiend is. Despite the huge creepy factor, it was really sad when Saki and Satoru left the two women behind at the hospital - the one who was part of the group of 5 probably knew she'd never make it out of there alive.
Oct 30, 2013 1:28 PM

Aug 2012
Awesome episode ......
Jan 16, 2014 7:09 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

Episode engaging up to a certain point, the secret weapon was not so unlikely. Wish for something more original, was "just" a pure exercise of intellect, for now! ^ ^ "
Exceptional storytelling, anxiety and a feeling of unease was feeling as strong.
I would not give for granted that the user of Cantus was Mamoru, it could also be ...! No comments yet! XD
Drawings not a bad animations.
Feb 14, 2014 6:25 PM
Aug 2012
now it's starting fulfill the horror genre
Feb 28, 2014 8:41 PM

Aug 2009
This episode was fantastic, splendid, just brilliant!!!!! a thriller episode that was suspenseful, eerie, nerve-wrecking all in one! man I was so into this episode when it ended I was highly upset but I am marathoning this so I don't have to wait a week :)
anyway one of the best episodes yet!

Apr 11, 2014 3:43 PM

Jul 2013
Wow....never thought that this would be soo dark.... O.O
Apr 28, 2014 6:55 PM

Aug 2013
Well, now we can guess that the fiend is Maria and Mamoru child. But I just wonder how he ended up with the queerats, especially Squealer. He's really smart, but Maria was completely on her guard when she left with Mamoru, I doubt she would have fallen in a ruse.

Anyway, it look like their village will be annihilated. This fucking show... Now one wins.

All the episode was so fucking stressing. The fact that the fiend look more like a beast than a human is fucking scary. I have to continue, but at the same time, I'll go to bed soon, what do I do?!? xD
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jun 16, 2014 7:40 PM

Nov 2012
This is where the horror shines in now.
Jun 27, 2014 1:11 PM

Feb 2014
I hate it when they don't say something just to add some forced suspense. Just say the fucking word already. Everyone knows it's either a Karma Demon or a Fiend so not saying it is just plain annoying rather than suspenseful. Other than that, it was a another great episode. Been a while since I was on the edge of my seat while watching anything.
Jul 7, 2014 4:09 PM

Jan 2014
Definitely upped the intensity and suspense. The begs-an-answer "he" that guy kept referring to was pretty tedious.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Jul 21, 2014 3:11 PM

Jun 2009
Now, this was so fucking tense. Finally get to see a real live Ogre, huh. I'm still thinking it's Maria and/or Mamoru.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Aug 2, 2014 3:43 AM

Feb 2011
:/ all that talk about staying in group, and first thing they do when they find the ospital violated they split..

so it is a fiend, who given the timing is controlled by the queerats, crap, they're pretty screwed..

thinking back at the reason they can't do anything against fiends, if only they hadn't been genetically modified to be unable to harm others, fiends wouldn't be such a big treat, not more than a normal armed person between other armed persons :/

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Sep 2, 2014 12:36 PM

Jul 2013
So a fiend is lose in the village again and somehow Sqealer is controlling it??? Omg now it is following Saki and Satouri o_o .Obviously that fiend/karma demon is not from the village but could really be Mamoru? But according to Satouru grandmother,Maria and Mamouru are dead? but are they really dead or did they somehow manage to fake their deaths and go in hiding with the queer rats? So many questions and little answers....
Sep 10, 2014 11:06 AM

Nov 2013
Finally a good episode... about time they stopped just talking and introduced some horror elements.
Nov 6, 2014 4:09 PM

Mar 2013
Wow. These last few episodes have been damn intense. This one made me a bit sad too...

Poor Maria :( (have to assume it's her). Though if that's Maria, then what about Mamoru? Hmmmmm.
Mar 7, 2015 12:54 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
A terrifying episode. You can really feel it jump at you through the screen.

It must be either Shun or some offspring from Maria and Mamoru. I wonder how they'll fight against that.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 21, 2015 5:41 AM

Jan 2014
Wow this was intense!! I'm still a bit confused, but it's okay! I loved it <3
Apr 26, 2015 3:38 AM

Oct 2013
Everyone else basically already said all I could possibly say. This is the most intense and horrifying episode of the series so far.

y123y said:
I gotta say, this 12 year timeskip is the best thing that happened to this anime. It has been phenomenal since then.

real af

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
May 10, 2015 2:05 AM

Mar 2014
God damn that was creepy. I was not expecting that horror in my Shinsekai Yori.
That door scene was freaking intense.
Zanos1May 10, 2015 2:16 AM
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
May 10, 2015 8:44 AM

Oct 2011
Shit, this episode is scary as hell. Last time I got spooked legit was Higurashi

Why am I watching this late at night ._.
May 21, 2015 10:20 AM
Sleepy

Nov 2014
Amazing episode, kept me on the edge of the seat.
Jul 2, 2015 6:11 PM
Jul 2018
This episode was terrifying and suspenseful. Brilliant.
Jul 13, 2015 12:10 AM
Dec 2011
they went to help their team mate whose hospitalized but found out a horrifying truth to everything , so the trump card that bastard rat had was an "orge" that rat used "it" against the fight with the giant hornet and then use it to attack humans :3 oh..god...i actually had chills and felt so cold watching this episode :3
Jul 22, 2015 12:39 PM

Sep 2013
Im guessing the fiend is Maria. Yakomaru probably did some experiments to her and now they're using her as a weapon.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Sep 30, 2015 9:22 AM

Jan 2013
Xynic said:
Im guessing the fiend is Maria. Yakomaru probably did some experiments to her and now they're using her as a weapon.

At first Maria made sense, but to be fair Maria isnt that kinf of person, unless she's drastically changed over time. (which is possible)

Really intense episode though and the animation was really good, the facial expressions while burning down the queerats behind them or talking to the patients of the hospital.
Dont think it's Maria anymore though, would just be way to strange.

Loved it.
Nov 2, 2015 6:26 AM

Mar 2015
PrOxAnto said:
Xynic said:

At first Maria made sense, but to be fair Maria isnt that kinf of person, unless she's drastically changed over time. (which is possible)

Really intense episode though and the animation was really good, the facial expressions while burning down the queerats behind them or talking to the patients of the hospital.
Dont think it's Maria anymore though, would just be way to strange.

Loved it.

From the previous episodes material, I think Maria might have been drugged or lobotomized or something.

Jan 5, 2016 11:47 PM

Sep 2013
It's either Maria, Mamoru (hence "he" in the Portuguese translation) or their child.

Some people seem to forget that in the end of episode 2 or 3 it's said that if it wasn't for MARIA many people would've been saved.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

» Ugly KV

ScuzzyBear - Jun 8, 2023

9 by charlieman999 »»
Mar 28, 6:10 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2012

702 by Ryls »»
Mar 19, 12:05 PM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2013

1325 by Xeehad »»
Mar 2, 8:13 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 4, 2013

169 by Xeehad »»
Mar 1, 11:37 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2012

516 by Xeehad »»
Feb 26, 10:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.