MyAnimeList.net

Episode Information
Forums

Pages (4) « 0.6 1.6 [2.6] 3.6 »
Post New Reply
Feb 18, 2013 4:07 AM

The male protaganist is different.. but in a good way. I think it's awesome that he absolutely kicks ass. I keep watching for when he eventually becomes the overlord of the world muahahahaha

So yeah iz nize

Feb 18, 2013 1:13 PM

TheUnknownOne said:
Num1dad_Asura said:
they are 90% of the time used for fanservice or other moe crap.

That is the most hilariously hypocritical statement I've ever seen regarding Mondaiji.

DarkFireblaze28 said:
Well for instance the main Character is Cool,Badass and not a complete wimp like all the animes main characters these days.

Can you guys please stop?

I definitely know more "badass/cool" characters than "wimpy/pathetic" characters this year, easily. In general, too. To everyone making this extremely silly statement; please stop making a fool of yourself. Wimpy main characters definitely don't form the majority in the anime industry.

preach on.

One dimensional characters are still one dimensional, I can't find entertainment in that for extended periods of time.

Feb 18, 2013 2:06 PM

There's nothing worse than shallow responses, especially with the people that you "agree" with.

I can sum my dislike so far as simply not caring enough about the world these three kids have been thrown into or about the "games" they go through. Our protagonists have no personal stake in the world which they have arrived in and have little to no motivation besides being "bored". It doesn't help they're already talented, powerful people and don't have to struggle much.

How do you relate to someone like that?

It's like someone hired three mercenaries, but have the show focus mostly on the "game show" mechanics and local politics rather than develop the leads or make me care about the "no names".
Modified by Theo333, Feb 18, 2013 2:13 PM

Feb 18, 2013 3:07 PM

Theo333 said:

How do you relate to someone like that?

You only watch anime to be-able to relate to the characters?
If you're curious how well the anime of the current cour are doing, you should check my site(Also includes release dates for upcoming OVAs/Movies & upcoming tv shows).
My Site : link / MAL news club : link
My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link

Feb 18, 2013 3:20 PM

niaxato said:
For me personally I really like Izayoi. He is not only a badass, but a confident badass at that. Much more refreshing than the stuttering, drooling idiot we normally get for male leads who get smacked around by all the girls and the bad guys until the last 30 secs of the last episode where they finally "power-up" and or gain some balls.

Granted I don't want to see him flawlessly winning every battle with his pinky toe, but right now I'm enjoying his take charge attitude.

This .

Feb 18, 2013 5:02 PM

Again, one of THOSE threads.

Why does people like this? Because people have different tastes. It's as simple as that. Not everyone wants to watch anime Shakespeare.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?

Feb 18, 2013 7:56 PM

ok, lemme speak for 80%+ of the responses. "Cause the MC is badass, blah blah blah, hes got balls blah blah blah, hes nothing like Wimply MCs from other anime blah blah blah". Now there's your answer.

Feb 21, 2013 4:36 PM

Kerozinn said:
not realy liking or disliking this show sofar. its really nothing special but it also wasnt hyped into oblivion and it doesnt do really anything wrong. its kind of a brain off show for me.

as it is now its 6/10 at best.

Same, not liking nor disliking, gave it 5 though..
Jack-freakin'-Rakan!

Feb 25, 2013 12:17 AM

-Crys said:
I'm 4 episodes into this and it doesn't look like a good anime at all. The Characters are stereotyped, the powers are random and the battles are lame. If this had like 7.40 id would be normal, but 7.90? I'd like to hear what people find in this, because I really see nothing good about this except for the gags and the Chara Design.

Well where do i start? First of all this anime is not suited for people who just, Oh fuck that (you) try to learn the story and watch the background, unless you don't know any of the meanings behind the story then i have nothing to say.

Feb 25, 2013 12:19 AM

Kerozinn said:
not realy liking or disliking this show sofar. its really nothing special but it also wasnt hyped into oblivion and it doesnt do really anything wrong. its kind of a brain off show for me.

as it is now its 6/10 at best.

From your perspective...I would like to know the rating system you gave, also seems that you're a senpai from this site so lets be friends.

Feb 25, 2013 11:26 AM

wakka9ca said:
Again, one of THOSE threads.

Why does people like this? Because people have different tastes. It's as simple as that. Not everyone wants to watch anime Shakespeare.

Its a very hard concept for some people to understand.
If you're curious how well the anime of the current cour are doing, you should check my site(Also includes release dates for upcoming OVAs/Movies & upcoming tv shows).

Mar 2, 2013 5:49 PM

There is only one thing I have to say:
"Team Izayoi and Shiroyasha *w* " (in the perverted way)

Mar 2, 2013 5:53 PM

Kurousagi of course. She's just so awesome.

Mar 3, 2013 8:56 AM

Takei_Hisa said:
There is only one thing I have to say:
"Team Izayoi and Shiroyasha *w* " (in the perverted way)

Mar 4, 2013 9:29 PM

dranime1 said:
the main is too cocky for me but still going to watch

I'm sure he'd say the same thing! ;p

Mar 4, 2013 9:34 PM

This thread is really annoying. all animes have some kind of cliche in them, even the good ones (especially the good ones). in fact the same could be said for everything in society. So to judge something based of stereotypes is stupid and doesn't get us anywhere.

Furthermore... WHO THE FUCK CARES! IT'S A SHOW! ENJOY THE HARD WORK THESE ARTISTS PUT INTO MAKING IT!!!!

Mar 4, 2013 9:37 PM

It's funny and badass

Mar 5, 2013 3:48 PM

Izayoi. That is all. Don't really care about anything else or "relating" to the characters. Just want a taste of some op badassery every once in a while. Though there's not really much of that either.

Mar 5, 2013 5:28 PM

-Crys said:
I'm 4 episodes into this and it doesn't look like a good anime at all. The Characters are stereotyped, the powers are random and the battles are lame. If this had like 7.40 id would be normal, but 7.90? I'd like to hear what people find in this, because I really see nothing good about this except for the gags and the Chara Design.

That's the entire selling point of this show. It's so cliche that it's not something you should count against it, that should of been obvious from day one. I know I like it because they stereotype these characters so faithfully without having overexpose them it's not sickening. Definitely not the best this season but a nice watch. Especially if you are looking for a series with very vivid and detailed fantasy environment.

Mar 9, 2013 2:07 PM

LordLagann said:

That's the entire selling point of this show. It's so cliche that it's not something you should count against it, that should of been obvious from day one. I know I like it because they stereotype these characters so faithfully without having overexpose them it's not sickening. Definitely not the best this season but a nice watch. Especially if you are looking for a series with very vivid and detailed fantasy environment.

Indeed. This anime is just fun to watch. Nothing too special, but definitely enjoyable.
ELE, Everybody Love Everybody! C'MON !!! - Jackie Moon

Mar 9, 2013 2:10 PM

main character is a badass :p

and kuro usagi is sexy :p

Mar 9, 2013 2:36 PM

Because its the AotS of winter 2013.

Mar 9, 2013 10:10 PM

rederoin said:

Please stop insulting the anime industry.

Mar 9, 2013 10:53 PM

Because Kurousagi.

Mar 10, 2013 3:02 AM

Legends and myths. IMO, this show presents a bit of history/mythology in a very entertaining way.

Mar 10, 2013 5:43 AM

This show has a fun-factor to it as well as a captivating world. The characters are also very strong-willed and irresistible. That's the best I can describe it.

By the time I finish an episode (which feels like 5 seconds) I feel better after it. I think that is always a sign of a good show.

Mar 10, 2013 8:25 AM

rederoin said:
I agree, interesting world, characters, non-childish humour, we don't have to deal with forced drama, its great.

Mar 10, 2013 11:46 AM

Decent protagonist, and truth be told, i'd rather have an arrogant jerk who treats characters like shit than one who gets treated like shit, is useless, and can't do shit about it (i.e Yukiteru and Shinji), granted most main characters aren't like that and at some point become awesome, but those few dorks remain dorks for the rest of their life and it doesn't please me in the least.

so for the art and the protagonist.

Mar 10, 2013 9:21 PM

^I can't read all of that. But it seems like you make a good point.

Anyway, I watched this anime because I was bored. I like the whole "game" premise and the setting. On the other hand, I'm not into the fanservice element of it - but at least it doesn't happen every other minute. The 10 episode limit does seem short and I wish they would give some background on the characters, since it seems hella rushed.

The biggest reason I like this series is the main male mc. I love his gift and his cocky attitude.

At least the male mc isn't this:
"Cheer up, you’re never alone! There is probably at least 1 bug in your room."

Mar 11, 2013 6:17 AM

gigglingidiot said:

The biggest reason I like this series is the main male mc. I love his gift and his cocky attitude.

At least the male mc isn't this:

Same here. The series became enjoyable to me mainly because of the MC (and the bunny girl).

And to answer your question OP, most people rate series based on their enjoyment level. A lot of people enjoyed the series, thus the rating. Sure, maybe it was nothing special, but for most of us it was enjoyable.
Modified by tripmode1992, Mar 11, 2013 6:22 AM
My Youtube page: link

Mar 11, 2013 7:17 AM

TheUnknownOne said:
rederoin said:

Please stop having shit taste.

Mar 11, 2013 11:27 AM

niaxato said:
For me personally I really like Izayoi. He is not only a badass, but a confident badass at that. Much more refreshing than the stuttering, drooling idiot we normally get for male leads who get smacked around by all the girls and the bad guys until the last 30 secs of the last episode where they finally "power-up" and or gain some balls.

My thoughts exactly.

Mar 11, 2013 1:01 PM

beautiful characters ; interesting plot ( games )

Mar 12, 2013 12:03 AM

niaxato said:

This. And the bunny girl.

Mar 15, 2013 3:53 PM

The Opening.

Mar 15, 2013 4:19 PM

I really liked this series, the fighting scenes were cool but it's score should not be nowhere near 7.80 and 8.10 is really too much for this.

Mar 15, 2013 4:20 PM

dude it's fun n exciting.

Mar 15, 2013 4:23 PM

I stopped watching it at ep 3, did it get better or worse later on?

Mar 15, 2013 7:24 PM

Mkayyy said:
It gets better, the first half is pretty much information and world building

Mar 17, 2013 3:01 PM

rederoin said:
TheUnknownOne said:
rederoin said:

What's AotS? Anime of the Season? If so, back at you, please stop having shit taste, Chihayafuru is a better anime than this and you know that.

Monde11 said:
Mkayyy said:
It gets better, the first half is pretty much information and world building

Sorry, but I have to say, I had less problem with the series in the first 3 episodes, but more to come later on, so, it got worse later on
Jack-freakin'-Rakan!

Mar 17, 2013 3:36 PM

Natsu12345 said:
Sorry, but I have to say, I had less problem with the series in the first 3 episodes, but more to come later on, so, it got worse later on
Oh really? A lot of people dislike the first half more because of the monster-of-the-week feel to it, personally I enjoyed the gift game with Pest, mostly because of the fight scenes which the first part lacked.

Mar 17, 2013 3:55 PM

Natsu12345 said:

What's AotS? Anime of the Season? If so, back at you, please stop having shit taste, Chihayafuru is a better anime than this and you know that.

>Stop disliking what I like.

I never liked chihayafuru, is it so hard to accept to accept that people have different tastes than you?
Modified by rederoin, Mar 17, 2013 3:58 PM

Mar 17, 2013 4:00 PM

Better question why don't you like it?

For me, I would say, a decent plot not too complicated or too simple and no overplayed drama along with great characters and comedy.
If you look past Izayoi's combat ability(which includes the tactical and intellectual sides btw) he's a strong,independent character with a edge to be mischievous,cocky and a little tsundere.Then Asuka an ojou-sama character who is actually noble(kind of rare in anime) along with being responsible and caring.Compared to the rest You's character is bit bland but her passive apathetic attitude towards everything is fun to watch.Last there is Kurousagi a humble,earnest character whose very loyal and dedicated to her friends despite being very capable and strong when necessary.

Mar 17, 2013 4:19 PM

Natsu12345 said:
rederoin said:
TheUnknownOne said:
rederoin said:

I don't believe it's fair to compare this to Chihayafuru since it's two completely different genres.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?

Mar 17, 2013 9:34 PM

Natsu12345 said:
rederoin said:
TheUnknownOne said:
rederoin said:

I like Mondaiji and Chihayafuru, is there something wrong with liking completely different genres of anime equally?

Mar 17, 2013 9:39 PM

rederoin said:
Natsu12345 said:

I never liked chihayafuru, is it so hard to accept to accept that people have different tastes than you?

No, but it's hard to accept that there are immature people like you frankly giving anime a bad name in general calling people who actually want good art, good story and such "shit", despite liking under aged moe girls having homosexual relationships with each other. Logic. The fact you have a list dedicated to underaged girls is disturbing, but hey. No judging here. Just saying grow up, your age is showing. People have different opinions, anyone agrees with that, but you're very elitist by saying another persons taste is bad when yours is well... evident.

tommythecat said:

I like Mondaiji and Chihayafuru, is there something wrong with liking completely different genres of anime equally?

When did he/she even say genres is an issue here? They didn't. He/She's saying one is superior than the other (haven't seen Chihayafuru, but have heard it's great).
Modified by TheUnknownOne, Mar 17, 2013 9:42 PM

Mar 18, 2013 7:50 AM

TheUnknownOne said:
rederoin said:
Natsu12345 said:

No, but it's hard to accept that there are immature people like you frankly giving anime a bad name in general calling people who actually want good art, good story and such "shit", despite liking under aged moe girls having homosexual relationships with each other. Logic. The fact you have a list dedicated to underaged girls is disturbing, but hey. No judging here. Just saying grow up, your age is showing. People have different opinions, anyone agrees with that, but you're very elitist by saying another persons taste is bad when yours is well... evident.

Good story? Thats subjective. If anything, you're the immature one who states his opinion as facts and believes his tastes to be better, not to mention your use of buzzwords.

I only called your taste bad because you where acting l;ike a asshole in your first post.
In case you don't get it, I would not have done that if you hadn't somehow implied my 'taste' in ruining the industry, which is even more idiotic.

You and morons like draconismarch are really the ones ruining the anime communities with your bullshit "hurdurr taste can be objective" bullcrap.
Modified by rederoin, Mar 18, 2013 8:02 AM

Mar 18, 2013 8:10 AM

Moe anime is running the industry though .
~ Just sayin'

Mar 18, 2013 11:22 AM

I wouldn't say that this anime is "AotS" but it's still good anime exept it's too short and it feels like it's only introduction/Begining to the anime.
The real world is past the virtual world is future.

Mar 18, 2013 11:23 AM

Red_Keys said:
-Crys said:
If this had like 7.40 id would be normal, but 7.90?
Do yourself a favor now, and stop giving a shit about ratings.

Honestly, life will be easier for you.

This.

Pages (4) « 0.6 1.6 [2.6] 3.6 »