MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Why is this so liked?
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo? »» Why is this so liked?

Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
02-08-13, 12:31 PM

"Why do people like things I don't like?, I truly have no idea why others have different tastes in anime than I do"
If you're curious how well the anime of the current cour are doing, you should check my site(Also includes release dates for upcoming OVAs/Movies & upcoming tv shows).
My Site : link
My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link

02-08-13, 12:42 PM

It's like because the main characters arent done or weak. We finally get an anime where everybody has common sense and is pretty strong.

02-08-13, 12:59 PM

TheUnknownOne said:
supermegasonic said:
becuz its nice to see a character that isn't abused constantly by the girls around him?? also,
no shana/nagi or other tsundereloli's
a likable and bad@$$ MC.
characters actually having, god forbid......fun

dog days is a very similar anime to this, and its getting its third season. again;
a character that isn't abused constantly by the girls around him?? also,
no shana/nagi or other tsundereloli's
a likable and bad@$$ MC (in a different way)
characters actually having, god forbid......fun

Honestly, I think that reasoning is kind of... off. To each their own, though you are watching way too much anime to find enjoyment out of seeing a main character not abused, or specifically targeting anime which harrow over overused stereotypes, which ironically enough, this anime does indeed have. Really, Izayoi's insultive and demeaning arrogance, especially towards the heroine is just as bad and annoying as a girl slapping a guy for something they done in the wrong.

it's becuz there IS so much anime that have girls abusing guys that i'm finding this so much more enjoyable. the worst he's physically done is pull bunny girls ear. the worst girls have done is literally kill the MC. and that was apparently "funny"

and yes, he's a sterotype, just like 99% of every character in anime. but the last time i saw this particular one is from kaze no stigma. (maybe zetsuen no tempest, but he's not OP)

also
"you are watching way too much anime to find enjoyment out of seeing a main character not abused"

so what do you want me to do here?? ask all the producer/studio's to stop making useless MC's?

02-08-13, 1:36 PM

I find your question a little hard to answer, I haven't rated this show.

For starters I would agree with some of the thing that have been mentioned in previous comments, for example, I as most of us had really low expectations of this show when I started watching it, but it was better than I expected and that really helps, also having a tough MC instead of a weakling is refreshing. I was really getting tired of the cliched main character being lame and becoming less lame and supposedly more likable through the series. Also the MC being abused and hated and at the end being liked by most.

I understand if you expect the rating to be fair and unbiased but they aren't. Most people, like me, (this I'm guessing) rate the shows by how much they liked them, not by how deep the story was, or the character development, the music, the art, etc.
Like a ton of people (guessing again), I've been mislead by the ratings of more than one show here in MAL, a good example would be K-ON! although I didn't disliked it, it wasn't worth an 8 but still it has it, and i went and watched it expecting a really good slice of life and ended being dissapointed.

I would suggest you read some reviews and comments, watch the trailer, ask in the forums what's to like about a series instead of taking serious the rating number, but I only say this thinking that you give some importance to this number, if you do not, please dismiss this suggestion.

supermegasonic said:

it's becuz there IS so much anime that have girls abusing guys that i'm finding this so much more enjoyable. the worst he's physically done is pull bunny girls ear. the worst girls have done is literally kill the MC. and that was apparently "funny"

and yes, he's a sterotype, just like 99% of every character in anime. but the last time i saw this particular one is from kaze no stigma. (maybe zetsuen no tempest, but he's not OP)

also
"you are watching way too much anime to find enjoyment out of seeing a main character not abused"

so what do you want me to do here?? ask all the producer/studio's to stop making useless MC's?

I agree he may be a stereotype, but not as used as others.

also

I am watching too much anime because I like anime too much.
Currently watching everything that comes out to avoid missing something good...
[img]http://myanimelist.net/signature/manuxel.png[/img]

02-08-13, 5:35 PM

I don't see any stereotype characters in this show, what's so stereotyped about it?

You also have to know which categories it falls under. Not everyone will like romance, comedy, action, etc though the biggest shows are mainly Shounen-Action.

02-08-13, 6:04 PM

supermegasonic said:

also

You are exactly right to say a lot of anime have stereotypical characters, though I think that should be directed at the new anime than old. Honestly, I find Mondaiji disappointing that it offers nothing new to the stereotypes, despite having the perfect setting too break away from them. Look at Misaka Mikoto and Asuna Kagurazaki, they're both stereotypical "tsunderes" however both have development and well, effort into their characters that breaks them away from this stereotype or at the very, very least, puts them a set above. They were also more or less created at a time where stereotypes weren't riddled in almost every anime, anyway. Just like Kaede from Angel Beats too. She's the stereotypical quiet, mysterious girl and yet her development easily puts her a notch above and even breaks her away from being seen as a stereotype.

And man, why don't you watch anime simply for enjoying it? If you don't enjoy the first episode, don't watch it. Anime is meant for enjoyment, not for the necessity of being watched. If you expect an anime to get better, then keep going on. Though this is kind of irrelevant. I mean, I just don't see the point of watching an anime because a character breaks one stereotype, despite being riddled with others, lol.

Zetsuen no Tempest wasn't that long ago. :P

But useless main characters are just as common as strong main characters, in terms of fantasy genre. If you include romances or harems, then you're probably right however.

02-08-13, 6:05 PM

It will go down after its end or maybe not if it's keep up.

02-08-13, 6:37 PM

I just find to be quiet entertaining overall, I don't give a darn if others hate it.

I just love to watch anime and that is all that matters <3

02-08-13, 6:38 PM

the main is too cocky for me but still going to watch

02-08-13, 7:44 PM

AnimeForDummies said:
I just find to be quiet entertaining overall, I don't give a darn if others hate it.

I just love to watch anime and that is all that matters <3

Yep hatters gonna hate

Cause hatters cant understand.

02-08-13, 7:44 PM

I like this because:

IMO MC's like Izayoi are fun to watch, I like when the MC is OP, I know there are people who don't like that though

I love Kurousagi, she's so cute/funny lol

I think the characters have cool powers, that's a plus for me cuz I like stuff like that, my favorite kind of movies are superhero movies mostly for that reason

I really like both the OP and ED, can't really explain why on that one but, the beginning one is cool and the ending one is funny

soo those are some of the reasons I like it :D

02-08-13, 7:46 PM

This anime totally breaks the abusive female-lame male lead shit that has been plaguing shounen for the past few years. It was a device made to cater to slobbering masochistic otaku, and it needs to die. Also, the plot can go beyond the terrible formula of "lose, go emo, train, win with plot armor" since the main cast is competent.

This show knows how to use it's characters too. Izayoi is badass and strong, but he needed Asuka and You's help to win the game in episode 5. Each of the three mains is competent in his/her own way and gets to shine, Izayoi more so, but it's to be expected since he's the central MC.

02-08-13, 8:02 PM

Well, I enjoy it cuz Izayoi is badass, and overpowered. Besides that, this show is just normal I think.
It will be available!

02-08-13, 8:11 PM

A-Knight said:
This anime totally breaks the abusive female-lame male lead shit that has been plaguing shounen for the past few years. It was a device made to cater to slobbering masochistic otaku, and it needs to die. Also, the plot can go beyond the terrible formula of "lose, go emo, train, win with plot armor" since the main cast is competent.

This show knows how to use it's characters too. Izayoi is badass and strong, but he needed Asuka and You's help to win the game in episode 5. Each of the three mains is competent in his/her own way and gets to shine, Izayoi more so, but it's to be expected since he's the central MC.

Err.. abusive female and lame male lead is not typical to 'shounen' genre, it is existed harem genre, it is existed in ecchi genre, but not on ALL shounen genre, especially in action genre where typical shining knight in a white horse cliche is still abused to this day.
Also I see this series has plot armor as thick as basement cellar. Heck, that is the reason I can enjoyed this show, you don't have to make sense of everything, and Izayoi is a god with nigh invulnearability. Izayoi don't need anyone, he only needs someone or something to entertain him.

Just like Zeus loathe at puny mortals that tries to defies him.
Haha, Izayoi will teach you a lesson with his godly fists.
Modified by azzuRe, 02-08-13, 8:22 PM
Saving to hard drive. Saving to hard drive.

02-08-13, 8:29 PM

azzuRe said:
A-Knight said:

Err.. abusive female and lame male lead is not typical to 'shounen' genre, it is existed harem genre, it is existed in ecchi genre, but not on ALL shounen genre, especially in action genre where typical shining knight in a white horse cliche is still abused to this day.
Also I see this series has plot armor as thick as basement cellar. Heck, that is the reason I can enjoyed this show, you don't have to make sense of everything, and Izayoi is a god with nigh invulnearability. Izayoi don't need anyone, he only needs someone or something to entertain him.

Just like Zeus loathe at puny mortals that tries to defies him.
Haha, Izayoi will teach you a lesson with his godly fists.

Harem and ecchi are shounen sub-genres, and they are included in what I said anyway.

Izayoi doesn't really have plot armor. Plot armor is when a character performs way outside the realm of their established ability because the plot demands it. Good example is sudden power ups during fights or winning because you are more "determined" than the other guy. Izayoi is just a really strong established character.

02-08-13, 8:45 PM

I like it because i thought it was a good setting. Gift and games? Perfect to do anything you want from cooking shows to fishing competitions. What i originally expected was kinda phi brain x medaka box along the lines of hagure yuusha. Still waiting though..

Also i like really OP charas~

02-08-13, 8:46 PM

A-Knight said:

Izayoi doesn't really have plot armor. Plot armor is when a character performs way outside the realm of their established ability because the plot demands it. Good example is sudden power ups during fights or winning because you are more "determined" than the other guy. Izayoi is just a really strong established character.

No, Izayoi is a god. A deus ex machina. Strong established character would be an understatement.
Saving to hard drive. Saving to hard drive.

02-08-13, 9:45 PM

If people like the show because of how "badass" Izayoi is, then why doesn't Hagure Yuusha no Estetica have a higher score cause Ousawa Akatsuki is way more badass than Izayoi, haha.

I enjoy the show but it's nothing special to me so far.
Everyone has different tastes though, so don't worry too much about the ratings on this site.

02-08-13, 9:59 PM

because overpowered protagonists
note; please send me a message with a link to your reply if you reply to my post!
[img]http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k504/MagicFlier/GIFs/Kudreading.gif[/img] [img]http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k504/MagicFlier/GIFs/SakiAchiga-hen-Kuro.gif[/img]

02-08-13, 10:09 PM

MagicFlier said:
because overpowered protagonists

Still better than Kirito.

Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices