Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Post New Reply
Oct 2, 2013 7:28 AM

It's just a fun show to watch.

Oct 6, 2013 6:03 PM

Ehhhhhh?!
It's super cool for me.
I'm rooting for this anime a lot.

What i like about this anime is the details about the game.
I love its game plot and the powers they possessed. ^^

THIS IS FREAKING DOPE! A MUST SEE!
"Things change. Friends leave. Life does not stop for anybody."
Google+ x DeviantArt x Steam x AnimeList x MangaList

Nov 5, 2013 1:52 AM

Red_Keys said:
-Crys said:
If this had like 7.40 id would be normal, but 7.90?
Do yourself a favor now, and stop giving a shit about ratings.

Honestly, life will be easier for you.

Lol

Nov 7, 2013 4:51 PM

Monde11 said:
Natsu12345 said:
Sorry, but I have to say, I had less problem with the series in the first 3 episodes, but more to come later on, so, it got worse later on
Oh really? A lot of people dislike the first half more because of the monster-of-the-week feel to it, personally I enjoyed the gift game with Pest, mostly because of the fight scenes which the first part lacked.

I don't see what's so appealing with the fight scene if one is just going to dominate another. A really well constructed action sequence is not of that sort.

rederoin said:
Natsu12345 said:

What's AotS? Anime of the Season? If so, back at you, please stop having shit taste, Chihayafuru is a better anime than this and you know that.

>Stop disliking what I like.

I never liked chihayafuru, is it so hard to accept to accept that people have different tastes than you?

Chihayafuru is much better in term of execution, characters, drama/comedy, and even artstyle, even without the need of the "explosion" impact like most of the action series give out. I have no problem accepting others' different taste, it's you who said that first.

I've seen way too much to know that characters like Izayoi, Asuka, KuroUsagi and some others are bland. Shiroyasha would've been better without her obsession of getting KuroUsagi into different perverted outfits. Good character like You was not much appreciated because apparently she doesn't have the spunky (stood out) attitude in her. Characters are poorly written, went down the stereotype route. Just gonna be frank, I liked the first episode a lot, Izayoi was badass, but he was.. JUST a badass, and nothing more. I see someone complimented his intelligence, well I certainly don't think that he's smart.

The Gift Game can be much better if the author knows what to do with it. I like the setting, those guilds, clans, gifts, and etc can be so much more interesting, but in the end it's following the "boring" route.

When I saw this ranked in the #400s, I just have to leave another of my thought here. I disliked, could even say that I hated the first 3 episodes of KlK, mainly because of the fanbase, and they got me so hyped for a really well constructed plot and execution, but it fails me soon after. The ranking thus dropped from 200s to 300s after a while. But once the 4th episode was aired, it set the mood for the show, like.. to not take it seriously, and it was pure fun.

My main reason for saying all that ^ was because KlK is also in the #400s ranking iirc, and it's kinda insulting to be putting that so near this when that was so much better.. Just a reminder, I rated the first 3 episodes a "3", so I wasn't in any way fanboying that show.

I liked SAO even more than this to be honest. Kirito is a Gary Stu? At least his hax power is believable, because they were in the MMORPG game, which one can immediately become god level through haking or computer programming.

Edit: While I did said that I have no problem accepting different taste of others in anime, I just find it unbelievable that despite how crazy KlK was hyped to be, it's still so closely ranked to this anime. >.>
Modified by ToG25thBaam, Nov 9, 2013 4:12 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Nov 7, 2013 8:06 PM

ToG25thBaam said:
Kirito is a Gary Stu? At least his hax power is believable, because they were in the MMORPG game, which one can immediately become god level through haking or computer programming, while in this fantasy setting, you can't become strong all of the sudden..

I hope you understand what a fantasy setting can entail.

"...the people who sell a million copies are the winners and there's no future for anyone beneath that. That means if something doesn't sell, you can't brag about it." - Tomino Yoshiyuki

Nov 7, 2013 8:17 PM

DeadAgain said:
its all about the bunny girl :D

Hell, that's the only reason I kept watching it. I found the show rather bland if anything. Even with a promising character like Izayoi.

Nov 9, 2013 4:10 AM

Ckan said:
ToG25thBaam said:
Kirito is a Gary Stu? At least his hax power is believable, because they were in the MMORPG game, which one can immediately become god level through haking or computer programming, while in this fantasy setting, you can't become strong all of the sudden..

I hope you understand what a fantasy setting can entail.

Lol you actually chose to point that out instead? Izayoi didn't actually got stronger suddenly in the show, my mistake. I'll edit it a little.
Modified by ToG25thBaam, Nov 9, 2013 4:23 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Dec 18, 2013 4:46 PM

Characters are stereotyped?
I've been searching forever for a character like Izayoi, both in anime and in real life, and I haven't found anybody quite like him - Very smart, strong/OP, a badass, slightly perverted, and overall just likeable.

Dec 18, 2013 5:05 PM

stellalala said:
Characters are stereotyped?
I've been searching forever for a character like Izayoi, both in anime and in real life, and I haven't found anybody quite like him - Very smart, strong/OP, a badass, slightly perverted, and overall just likeable.
It's called a Gary Sue, check Akatsuki from Hagure Yuusha for a guy kind of like him.

Jan 19, 2014 8:44 PM

this feels like some fantasy world a teen dreams of. The main character is OP and baddass. That's cool and all, but it pretty much kills his character development. Otherwise, the anime felt pretty bland and predictable. I was watching it with my kid brother and could predict almost every quotes during the battles.

Jan 23, 2014 12:25 PM

Whenever you ask "Why do people like this so much?" there is just one right answer: because it suits their tastes

Apr 6, 2014 11:26 AM

Yeah I really didn't like this anime to much but the concept was cool and the characters were all interesting in their own way.
6/10
Immahnoob said:
They say Jesus walked on water.
People are made out of 79% water.
I can walk on people.
So I am 79% Jesus.
Sourire said:
I once fucked an apple pie.

Apr 7, 2014 8:25 PM

To be honest, 2 episodes in i was almost ready to drop the anime because the seemingly lack of character development and how accepting they were of the situation, but at about episode 4-5 it completely changed my opinion and actually made the first few episodes a little clearer, now i love it and i'm keeping it on my second season radar. The action was great and there was plenty of hilarious moments to keep me going, 9/10

Apr 10, 2014 10:41 AM

Why people like this? I think it's mostly because they are crazy about overpowered protagonist. That's what most of them told me when I asked. But that's not enough to me personally.

I gave it 6/10 since it was just about average. No real character development or any story development and since protagonist was overpowered for no apparent reason, it just resulted in boring fights and that's all there is to it.

I guess if only thing you care about is cool protagonist, then this is enough for you.

Jun 10, 2014 12:00 AM

Mladen said:
Why people like this? I think it's mostly because they are crazy about overpowered protagonist. That's what most of them told me when I asked. But that's not enough to me personally.

I gave it 6/10 since it was just about average. No real character development or any story development and since protagonist was overpowered for no apparent reason, it just resulted in boring fights and that's all there is to it.

I guess if only thing you care about is cool protagonist, then this is enough for you.

I agree with your point of a cool protagonist. I would have dropped this show if Izayoi was a spineless MC male, but he certainly proved me wrong. Characters don't change much throughout the show, Izayoi is always badass, the princess is still stuck-up, and the animal girl still loves animals. I kinda feel sad there's not really any romance in this one either. It could possibly go the harem route, but that's probably not the best way to go. I'd give this series a 6/10 for now. I hope if there's a season 2, it will change my mind.

Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]