MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Why is this so liked?
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo? »» Why is this so liked?

Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
02-07-13, 12:56 PM

I'm 4 episodes into this and it doesn't look like a good anime at all. The Characters are stereotyped, the powers are random and the battles are lame. If this had like 7.40 id would be normal, but 7.90? I'd like to hear what people find in this, because I really see nothing good about this except for the gags and the Chara Design.

I'm Italian, so forgive me for grammar errors.

02-07-13, 1:34 PM

For me personally I really like Izayoi. He is not only a badass, but a confident badass at that. Much more refreshing than the stuttering, drooling idiot we normally get for male leads who get smacked around by all the girls and the bad guys until the last 30 secs of the last episode where they finally "power-up" and or gain some balls.

Granted I don't want to see him flawlessly winning every battle with his pinky toe, but right now I'm enjoying his take charge attitude.

02-07-13, 3:35 PM

It's nowhere near perfect. The fights are not animated and skipped. We are only left with emotion exchanges.

I am looking at this show through the perspective like the authors have created a world where it's possible to transfer any potential among individuals. That's something quite encompassing and transcending. It's unthinkable that anyone would be willing to accept reality like that in long term.

But this broad involvement of different topics is precisely why people give a slightly higher rating and express more appeal.

For example, I would like to see more powering, like a character that gets involved in high ranking gift games to gather many unique gifts that would help to gain the highest advantage.

02-07-13, 4:05 PM

-Crys said:
I'm 4 episodes into this and it doesn't look like a good anime at all. The Characters are stereotyped, the powers are random and the battles are lame. If this had like 7.40 id would be normal, but 7.90? I'd like to hear what people find in this, because I really see nothing good about this except for the gags and the Chara Design.

What you are asking is basically asking why most people like McDonalds over Burger King

02-07-13, 6:28 PM

It's really preference, I agree with the comment above saying how cliche weak character they usually make the protagonist. Everyone also seems to be smarter then the usual anime characters. Now I don't like battle animes, so it the perfect amount of action for me. I actually think this anime should be a little higher (low 8's). Also the great thing about their power is we don't know everything about them yet. Why limit all their power by episode 4?

02-07-13, 8:04 PM

Characters like Izayoi destroy opportunities like good writing, and that's what people like. Difficulty? Struggle? Haha!

Though I'm sure if you get all the averages of each series on MAL and add them up and get the average for that, I'd predict it'd be somewhere in the 7's anyway. People tend to rate higher than they should.

02-07-13, 8:06 PM

-Crys said:
If this had like 7.40 id would be normal, but 7.90?
Do yourself a favor now, and stop giving a shit about ratings.

Honestly, life will be easier for you.

02-07-13, 8:13 PM

Haters gonna hate.

02-07-13, 8:14 PM

People see something from different side. You can says that this is bad from side a but it will be looked good from side b. Nothing can please all people.

02-07-13, 8:22 PM

It's amazing how people fail to see that there can be different views from their own, you act as if it's something revolutionary that people like a series that you don't find special...

02-07-13, 8:50 PM

InfiniteDestiny said:
It's amazing how people fail to see that there can be different views from their own, you act as if it's something revolutionary that people like a series that you don't find special...

Um, the person isn't hating on the series and is actually being open-minded and asking why people like this series. That's actually the exact opposite of not seeing different views and actually looking for other peoples views. Never fail to impress, Infinite.

02-07-13, 10:42 PM

becuz its nice to see a character that isn't abused constantly by the girls around him?? also,
no shana/nagi or other tsundereloli's
a likable and bad@$$ MC.
characters actually having, god forbid......fun

dog days is a very similar anime to this, and its getting its third season. again;
a character that isn't abused constantly by the girls around him?? also,
a likable and bad@$$ MC (in a different way)

02-08-13, 2:44 AM

supermegasonic said:
becuz its nice to see a character that isn't abused constantly by the girls around him?? also,
a likable and bad@$$ MC.

dog days is a very similar anime to this, and its getting its third season. again;
a character that isn't abused constantly by the girls around him?? also,
a likable and bad@$$ MC (in a different way)

Honestly, I think that reasoning is kind of... off. To each their own, though you are watching way too much anime to find enjoyment out of seeing a main character not abused, or specifically targeting anime which harrow over overused stereotypes, which ironically enough, this anime does indeed have. Really, Izayoi's insultive and demeaning arrogance, especially towards the heroine is just as bad and annoying as a girl slapping a guy for something they done in the wrong.

02-08-13, 3:27 AM

TheUnknownOne said:

Honestly, I think that reasoning is kind of... off. To each their own, though you are watching way too much anime to find enjoyment out of seeing a main character not abused, or specifically targeting anime which harrow over overused stereotypes, which ironically enough, this anime does indeed have. Really, Izayoi's insultive and demeaning arrogance, especially towards the heroine is just as bad and annoying as a girl slapping a guy for something they done in the wrong.

Hmm to me you just sound pissed that Izayoi teased Kurousagi a bit, everyone teases Kurosagi she is very teaseable look at episode 4, it is kind of the joke. Or you mad he pulled her ears in episode 4 when she was on in a rage? He just stopped her from making a mistake and cracked a joke at the same time, or should he have thrown his arms around her and cried out for her to stop and shed tears of despair?
Maybe he is arrogant as you say but really it is just confidence, he has no problem working with people and has mixed in with the group well, he did listen to Shiroyasha and let her test them, he is a generally kind person who is supporting Jin as well and it is not like he just fights his way through everything he stopped fighting Leticia when he was told who she was and before that he had even promised Jin to help get her back.
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

02-08-13, 6:37 AM

Red_Keys said:
-Crys said:
If this had like 7.40 id would be normal, but 7.90?
Do yourself a favor now, and stop giving a shit about ratings.

Honestly, life will be easier for you.

I'm not raging because I want this to be lower. If it has 7.90 it means that lots of people rated this 8+, which just doesn't seem right to me, so I asked why people find it right.
johnnytdota2 said:
-Crys said:

What you are asking is basically asking why most people like McDonalds over Burger King

...what?
Sliferlove said:
It's really preference, I agree with the comment above saying how cliche weak character they usually make the protagonist. Everyone also seems to be smarter then the usual anime characters. Now I don't like battle animes, so it the perfect amount of action for me. I actually think this anime should be a little higher (low 8's). Also the great thing about their power is we don't know everything about them yet. Why limit all their power by episode 4?

That's a good thing if we don't know anything YET. Looking at how they explained You's power, they're just going to give us "he got it from someone and that's it." or at least that's what i think.
I agree with you about the characters being smarter than usual, but if they don't express it with psychological battles or strategies it'll be useless.
And I don't think battles will get better, since Izayoi and Asuka's powers are God-tier.

I'm Italian, so forgive me for grammar errors.

02-08-13, 6:38 AM

still good for me :v

02-08-13, 6:49 AM

Why? Perhaps they are mondaiji dakara.

02-08-13, 8:51 AM

This anime is fun to watch
doesn't makes me feel depressed or something like that
I like good male lead and dat blue rabbit with some meat

02-08-13, 11:39 AM

I think it's because people were expecting something different, so this series ended up surpassing expectations. Low expectations give a show more credibility I guess. I also think people like change of character types. For me, idk, I just like this show for some reason.

02-08-13, 11:50 AM

not realy liking or disliking this show sofar. its really nothing special but it also wasnt hyped into oblivion and it doesnt do really anything wrong. its kind of a brain off show for me.

as it is now its 6/10 at best.

Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices