Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Feb 7, 2013 12:56 PM
May 2011
I'm 4 episodes into this and it doesn't look like a good anime at all. The Characters are stereotyped, the powers are random and the battles are lame. If this had like 7.40 id would be normal, but 7.90? I'd like to hear what people find in this, because I really see nothing good about this except for the gags and the Chara Design.
Rating things is overrated.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 7, 2013 1:34 PM

Nov 2012
For me personally I really like Izayoi. He is not only a badass, but a confident badass at that. Much more refreshing than the stuttering, drooling idiot we normally get for male leads who get smacked around by all the girls and the bad guys until the last 30 secs of the last episode where they finally "power-up" and or gain some balls.

Granted I don't want to see him flawlessly winning every battle with his pinky toe, but right now I'm enjoying his take charge attitude.
Feb 7, 2013 3:35 PM
Apr 2011
It's nowhere near perfect. The fights are not animated and skipped. We are only left with emotion exchanges.

I am looking at this show through the perspective like the authors have created a world where it's possible to transfer any potential among individuals. That's something quite encompassing and transcending. It's unthinkable that anyone would be willing to accept reality like that in long term.

But this broad involvement of different topics is precisely why people give a slightly higher rating and express more appeal.

For example, I would like to see more powering, like a character that gets involved in high ranking gift games to gather many unique gifts that would help to gain the highest advantage.
Feb 7, 2013 4:05 PM
Nov 2012
-Crys said:
I'm 4 episodes into this and it doesn't look like a good anime at all. The Characters are stereotyped, the powers are random and the battles are lame. If this had like 7.40 id would be normal, but 7.90? I'd like to hear what people find in this, because I really see nothing good about this except for the gags and the Chara Design.

What you are asking is basically asking why most people like McDonalds over Burger King
Feb 7, 2013 6:28 PM

Jan 2012
It's really preference, I agree with the comment above saying how cliche weak character they usually make the protagonist. Everyone also seems to be smarter then the usual anime characters. Now I don't like battle animes, so it the perfect amount of action for me. I actually think this anime should be a little higher (low 8's). Also the great thing about their power is we don't know everything about them yet. Why limit all their power by episode 4?
Feb 7, 2013 8:04 PM
Jan 2008
Characters like Izayoi destroy opportunities like good writing, and that's what people like. Difficulty? Struggle? Haha!

Though I'm sure if you get all the averages of each series on MAL and add them up and get the average for that, I'd predict it'd be somewhere in the 7's anyway. People tend to rate higher than they should.
Feb 7, 2013 8:06 PM

Sep 2012
-Crys said:
If this had like 7.40 id would be normal, but 7.90?
Do yourself a favor now, and stop giving a shit about ratings.

Honestly, life will be easier for you.
Feb 7, 2013 8:13 PM
May 2012
Haters gonna hate.
Feb 7, 2013 8:14 PM

Mar 2012
People see something from different side. You can says that this is bad from side a but it will be looked good from side b. Nothing can please all people.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Feb 7, 2013 8:22 PM

Dec 2010
It's amazing how people fail to see that there can be different views from their own, you act as if it's something revolutionary that people like a series that you don't find special...
Feb 7, 2013 8:50 PM
Jan 2008
InfiniteDestiny said:
It's amazing how people fail to see that there can be different views from their own, you act as if it's something revolutionary that people like a series that you don't find special...

Um, the person isn't hating on the series and is actually being open-minded and asking why people like this series. That's actually the exact opposite of not seeing different views and actually looking for other peoples views. Never fail to impress, Infinite.
Feb 7, 2013 10:42 PM

Jul 2010
becuz its nice to see a character that isn't abused constantly by the girls around him?? also,
no shana/nagi or other tsundereloli's
a likable and bad@$$ MC.
characters actually having, god forbid......fun

dog days is a very similar anime to this, and its getting its third season. again;
a character that isn't abused constantly by the girls around him?? also,
a likable and bad@$$ MC (in a different way)

Feb 8, 2013 2:44 AM
Jan 2008
supermegasonic said:
becuz its nice to see a character that isn't abused constantly by the girls around him?? also,
a likable and bad@$$ MC.

dog days is a very similar anime to this, and its getting its third season. again;

Honestly, I think that reasoning is kind of... off. To each their own, though you are watching way too much anime to find enjoyment out of seeing a main character not abused, or specifically targeting anime which harrow over overused stereotypes, which ironically enough, this anime does indeed have. Really, Izayoi's insultive and demeaning arrogance, especially towards the heroine is just as bad and annoying as a girl slapping a guy for something they done in the wrong.
Feb 8, 2013 3:27 AM

Jun 2011
TheUnknownOne said:

Honestly, I think that reasoning is kind of... off. To each their own, though you are watching way too much anime to find enjoyment out of seeing a main character not abused, or specifically targeting anime which harrow over overused stereotypes, which ironically enough, this anime does indeed have. Really, Izayoi's insultive and demeaning arrogance, especially towards the heroine is just as bad and annoying as a girl slapping a guy for something they done in the wrong.

Hmm to me you just sound pissed that Izayoi teased Kurousagi a bit, everyone teases Kurosagi she is very teaseable look at episode 4, it is kind of the joke. Or you mad he pulled her ears in episode 4 when she was on in a rage? He just stopped her from making a mistake and cracked a joke at the same time, or should he have thrown his arms around her and cried out for her to stop and shed tears of despair?
Maybe he is arrogant as you say but really it is just confidence, he has no problem working with people and has mixed in with the group well, he did listen to Shiroyasha and let her test them, he is a generally kind person who is supporting Jin as well and it is not like he just fights his way through everything he stopped fighting Leticia when he was told who she was and before that he had even promised Jin to help get her back.
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

http://hestia.dance/
Feb 8, 2013 6:37 AM
May 2011
Red_Keys said:
-Crys said:
If this had like 7.40 id would be normal, but 7.90?
Do yourself a favor now, and stop giving a shit about ratings.

Honestly, life will be easier for you.

I'm not raging because I want this to be lower. If it has 7.90 it means that lots of people rated this 8+, which just doesn't seem right to me, so I asked why people find it right.
johnnytdota2 said:
-Crys said:

What you are asking is basically asking why most people like McDonalds over Burger King

...what?
Sliferlove said:
It's really preference, I agree with the comment above saying how cliche weak character they usually make the protagonist. Everyone also seems to be smarter then the usual anime characters. Now I don't like battle animes, so it the perfect amount of action for me. I actually think this anime should be a little higher (low 8's). Also the great thing about their power is we don't know everything about them yet. Why limit all their power by episode 4?

That's a good thing if we don't know anything YET. Looking at how they explained You's power, they're just going to give us "he got it from someone and that's it." or at least that's what i think.
I agree with you about the characters being smarter than usual, but if they don't express it with psychological battles or strategies it'll be useless.
And I don't think battles will get better, since Izayoi and Asuka's powers are God-tier.
Rating things is overrated.
Feb 8, 2013 6:38 AM

Dec 2011
still good for me :v
Feb 8, 2013 6:49 AM
Dec 2012
Why? Perhaps they are mondaiji dakara.
Feb 8, 2013 8:51 AM

Dec 2012
This anime is fun to watch
doesn't makes me feel depressed or something like that
I like good male lead and dat blue rabbit with some meat
Feb 8, 2013 11:39 AM

Oct 2012
I think it's because people were expecting something different, so this series ended up surpassing expectations. Low expectations give a show more credibility I guess. I also think people like change of character types. For me, idk, I just like this show for some reason.
Feb 8, 2013 11:50 AM

May 2010
not realy liking or disliking this show sofar. its really nothing special but it also wasnt hyped into oblivion and it doesnt do really anything wrong. its kind of a brain off show for me.

as it is now its 6/10 at best.
Feb 8, 2013 12:31 PM

Nov 2011
"Why do people like things I don't like?, I truly have no idea why others have different tastes in anime than I do"

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Feb 8, 2013 12:42 PM

Oct 2010
It's like because the main characters arent done or weak. We finally get an anime where everybody has common sense and is pretty strong.
Feb 8, 2013 12:59 PM

Jul 2010
TheUnknownOne said:
supermegasonic said:
a likable and bad@$$ MC.

it's becuz there IS so much anime that have girls abusing guys that i'm finding this so much more enjoyable. the worst he's physically done is pull bunny girls ear. the worst girls have done is literally kill the MC. and that was apparently "funny"

and yes, he's a sterotype, just like 99% of every character in anime. but the last time i saw this particular one is from kaze no stigma. (maybe zetsuen no tempest, but he's not OP)

also
"you are watching way too much anime to find enjoyment out of seeing a main character not abused"

so what do you want me to do here?? ask all the producer/studio's to stop making useless MC's?

Feb 8, 2013 1:36 PM

Mar 2010
I find your question a little hard to answer, I haven't rated this show.

For starters I would agree with some of the thing that have been mentioned in previous comments, for example, I as most of us had really low expectations of this show when I started watching it, but it was better than I expected and that really helps, also having a tough MC instead of a weakling is refreshing. I was really getting tired of the cliched main character being lame and becoming less lame and supposedly more likable through the series. Also the MC being abused and hated and at the end being liked by most.

I understand if you expect the rating to be fair and unbiased but they aren't. Most people, like me, (this I'm guessing) rate the shows by how much they liked them, not by how deep the story was, or the character development, the music, the art, etc.
Like a ton of people (guessing again), I've been mislead by the ratings of more than one show here in MAL, a good example would be K-ON! although I didn't disliked it, it wasn't worth an 8 but still it has it, and i went and watched it expecting a really good slice of life and ended being dissapointed.

I would suggest you read some reviews and comments, watch the trailer, ask in the forums what's to like about a series instead of taking serious the rating number, but I only say this thinking that you give some importance to this number, if you do not, please dismiss this suggestion.

supermegasonic said:

it's becuz there IS so much anime that have girls abusing guys that i'm finding this so much more enjoyable. the worst he's physically done is pull bunny girls ear. the worst girls have done is literally kill the MC. and that was apparently "funny"

and yes, he's a sterotype, just like 99% of every character in anime. but the last time i saw this particular one is from kaze no stigma. (maybe zetsuen no tempest, but he's not OP)

also
"you are watching way too much anime to find enjoyment out of seeing a main character not abused"

so what do you want me to do here?? ask all the producer/studio's to stop making useless MC's?

I agree he may be a stereotype, but not as used as others.

also

I am watching too much anime because I like anime too much.
Currently watching everything that comes out to avoid missing something good...

Feb 8, 2013 5:35 PM
May 2012
I don't see any stereotype characters in this show, what's so stereotyped about it?

You also have to know which categories it falls under. Not everyone will like romance, comedy, action, etc though the biggest shows are mainly Shounen-Action.
Feb 8, 2013 6:04 PM
Jan 2008
supermegasonic said:

also

You are exactly right to say a lot of anime have stereotypical characters, though I think that should be directed at the new anime than old. Honestly, I find Mondaiji disappointing that it offers nothing new to the stereotypes, despite having the perfect setting too break away from them. Look at Misaka Mikoto and Asuna Kagurazaki, they're both stereotypical "tsunderes" however both have development and well, effort into their characters that breaks them away from this stereotype or at the very, very least, puts them a set above. They were also more or less created at a time where stereotypes weren't riddled in almost every anime, anyway. Just like Kaede from Angel Beats too. She's the stereotypical quiet, mysterious girl and yet her development easily puts her a notch above and even breaks her away from being seen as a stereotype.

And man, why don't you watch anime simply for enjoying it? If you don't enjoy the first episode, don't watch it. Anime is meant for enjoyment, not for the necessity of being watched. If you expect an anime to get better, then keep going on. Though this is kind of irrelevant. I mean, I just don't see the point of watching an anime because a character breaks one stereotype, despite being riddled with others, lol.

Zetsuen no Tempest wasn't that long ago. :P

But useless main characters are just as common as strong main characters, in terms of fantasy genre. If you include romances or harems, then you're probably right however.
Feb 8, 2013 6:05 PM

Nov 2012
It will go down after its end or maybe not if it's keep up.
Feb 8, 2013 6:37 PM

Nov 2012
I just find to be quiet entertaining overall, I don't give a darn if others hate it.

I just love to watch anime and that is all that matters <3
Feb 8, 2013 6:38 PM

Nov 2012
the main is too cocky for me but still going to watch
Feb 8, 2013 7:44 PM

May 2010
AnimeForDummies said:
I just find to be quiet entertaining overall, I don't give a darn if others hate it.

I just love to watch anime and that is all that matters <3

Yep hatters gonna hate

Cause hatters cant understand.
Feb 8, 2013 7:44 PM

Jul 2012
I like this because:

IMO MC's like Izayoi are fun to watch, I like when the MC is OP, I know there are people who don't like that though

I love Kurousagi, she's so cute/funny lol

I think the characters have cool powers, that's a plus for me cuz I like stuff like that, my favorite kind of movies are superhero movies mostly for that reason

I really like both the OP and ED, can't really explain why on that one but, the beginning one is cool and the ending one is funny

soo those are some of the reasons I like it :D
Feb 8, 2013 7:46 PM
Apr 2011
This anime totally breaks the abusive female-lame male lead shit that has been plaguing shounen for the past few years. It was a device made to cater to slobbering masochistic otaku, and it needs to die. Also, the plot can go beyond the terrible formula of "lose, go emo, train, win with plot armor" since the main cast is competent.

This show knows how to use it's characters too. Izayoi is badass and strong, but he needed Asuka and You's help to win the game in episode 5. Each of the three mains is competent in his/her own way and gets to shine, Izayoi more so, but it's to be expected since he's the central MC.
Feb 8, 2013 8:02 PM

Oct 2011
Well, I enjoy it cuz Izayoi is badass, and overpowered. Besides that, this show is just normal I think.
Signature
Feb 8, 2013 8:11 PM

Oct 2009
A-Knight said:
This anime totally breaks the abusive female-lame male lead shit that has been plaguing shounen for the past few years. It was a device made to cater to slobbering masochistic otaku, and it needs to die. Also, the plot can go beyond the terrible formula of "lose, go emo, train, win with plot armor" since the main cast is competent.

This show knows how to use it's characters too. Izayoi is badass and strong, but he needed Asuka and You's help to win the game in episode 5. Each of the three mains is competent in his/her own way and gets to shine, Izayoi more so, but it's to be expected since he's the central MC.

Err.. abusive female and lame male lead is not typical to 'shounen' genre, it is existed harem genre, it is existed in ecchi genre, but not on ALL shounen genre, especially in action genre where typical shining knight in a white horse cliche is still abused to this day.
Also I see this series has plot armor as thick as basement cellar. Heck, that is the reason I can enjoyed this show, you don't have to make sense of everything, and Izayoi is a god with nigh invulnearability. Izayoi don't need anyone, he only needs someone or something to entertain him.

Just like Zeus loathe at puny mortals that tries to defies him.
Haha, Izayoi will teach you a lesson with his godly fists.
azzuReFeb 8, 2013 8:22 PM
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Feb 8, 2013 8:29 PM
Apr 2011
azzuRe said:
A-Knight said:

Err.. abusive female and lame male lead is not typical to 'shounen' genre, it is existed harem genre, it is existed in ecchi genre, but not on ALL shounen genre, especially in action genre where typical shining knight in a white horse cliche is still abused to this day.
Also I see this series has plot armor as thick as basement cellar. Heck, that is the reason I can enjoyed this show, you don't have to make sense of everything, and Izayoi is a god with nigh invulnearability. Izayoi don't need anyone, he only needs someone or something to entertain him.

Just like Zeus loathe at puny mortals that tries to defies him.
Haha, Izayoi will teach you a lesson with his godly fists.

Harem and ecchi are shounen sub-genres, and they are included in what I said anyway.

Izayoi doesn't really have plot armor. Plot armor is when a character performs way outside the realm of their established ability because the plot demands it. Good example is sudden power ups during fights or winning because you are more "determined" than the other guy. Izayoi is just a really strong established character.
Feb 8, 2013 8:45 PM
Dec 2010
I like it because i thought it was a good setting. Gift and games? Perfect to do anything you want from cooking shows to fishing competitions. What i originally expected was kinda phi brain x medaka box along the lines of hagure yuusha. Still waiting though..

Also i like really OP charas~
Feb 8, 2013 8:46 PM

Oct 2009
A-Knight said:

Izayoi doesn't really have plot armor. Plot armor is when a character performs way outside the realm of their established ability because the plot demands it. Good example is sudden power ups during fights or winning because you are more "determined" than the other guy. Izayoi is just a really strong established character.

No, Izayoi is a god. A deus ex machina. Strong established character would be an understatement.
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Feb 8, 2013 9:45 PM

Jan 2012
If people like the show because of how "badass" Izayoi is, then why doesn't Hagure Yuusha no Estetica have a higher score cause Ousawa Akatsuki is way more badass than Izayoi, haha.

I enjoy the show but it's nothing special to me so far.
Everyone has different tastes though, so don't worry too much about the ratings on this site.
Feb 8, 2013 9:59 PM

Nov 2009
because overpowered protagonists
Feb 8, 2013 10:09 PM

Aug 2011
MagicFlier said:

Still better than Kirito.
Feb 8, 2013 10:13 PM
Aug 2011
I really like the main characters. They're all different but they mesh well together.

On the other hand I honestly don't care about the plot or the gift games at all.

penguindrum264 said:
If people like the show because of how "badass" Izayoi is, then why doesn't Hagure Yuusha no Estetica have a higher score cause Ousawa Akatsuki is way more badass than Izayoi, haha.

All I remember was that the Estetica guy took panties/bras off the girls while fighting.
So while they are both OP they aren't really the same.

Correct me if i'm wrong but I dropped that anime after 1 or 2 episodes. It was that forgettable for me.

NihonFalcom said:
MagicFlier said:

Still better than Kirito.

Using Kirito isn't the best example because even Ouma Shu is better than Kirito.

omg I can't believe I just typed that out loud.
standFeb 8, 2013 10:16 PM
Feb 8, 2013 11:12 PM

Nov 2008
Sophilia said:
Haters gonna hate.

^
Feb 8, 2013 11:49 PM

Mar 2010
I think the answers pretty simple.
Because most people have been dumbed down so horribly by anime cliches like maid girls, overly powerful characters, hot chix, saggy big boobs, pantie shots, etc... that if an anime doesn't have all that and more perversion, then people hate it. It's the sad aspect that has become anime it seems.
No more originality. After Hayao Miyazaki dies, it'll be gone for good I'm sure. Although there's still "some" original animes produced every now 'n then. Real good anime died after the mid-late 90's ended.
Feb 8, 2013 11:49 PM
Jan 2008
A-Knight said:

Harem and ecchi are shounen sub-genres, and they are included in what I said anyway.

Neither harem or ecchi are exclusive to shounen, so labelling them as shounen sub-genres is incorrect. They are not exclusive to shounen.
Feb 9, 2013 2:02 AM

Nov 2011
azzuRe said:
A-Knight said:

No, Izayoi is a god. A deus ex machina. Strong established character would be an understatement.

He's rather weak compared to the strongest characters in that universe.

He's like a freshly dinged lvl 85(when that was the level cap) in WoW, beating up on low levels.

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Feb 9, 2013 3:44 AM

May 2010
Coz it is lovable..lol

Seriously,it is awesome.The characters esp. main guy is cool & kuro usagi is just too cute..Other girls are nice.plus the plot is executed properly so a lot of good points.
They can do a lot with it.

The ending song & opening songs are so awesome as well

Plus it is a action.totally worthy of 9 points & may be 10 if ended awesomely.
Feb 9, 2013 3:46 AM

Aug 2012
IDK. i like how it doesnt really take things seriously. It's also quite different from the usual action, since Izayoi seems invincible, and has no problems dealing with anything. I find that refreshing.

But it all comes down to one thing in the end: Kurousagi.
Feb 9, 2013 6:23 AM
Apr 2011
The gift games are also interesting. The fact that Izayoi still couldn't win the recent one by himself shows that real thought is put into them.
Feb 9, 2013 9:50 AM

Jul 2010
manuxel said:

supermegasonic said:

also

I agree he may be a stereotype, but not as used as others.

also

I am watching too much anime because I like anime too much.

THISx2

penguindrum264 said:

thats what i've been wondering to this day. maybe its becuz their jealous he actually takes advantage of his situation for his entertainment?? otaku's dont like their waifu's being touched, and their seiyuu that voice them as well

Feb 9, 2013 12:00 PM

Jul 2008
The series is 'light hearted' and fun to watch, I don't really think Izayoi is way overpowered concidering how powerful the others in 'the garden, or what they called it' are going to be.. probably
and I hope he stays 'overpowered', I've seen too much weak lead characters training and failing over and over again to finally at the last ep have superpowers, save the world etc.. it's just not fun.

Someone mentioned that Izayoi is a stereotype and his powers and arrogance are in the way of 'good writing' really? Do people really think some character personas that doesn't fit a 'good writing' niche won't have a chance at all? I actually haven't crossed many MC's that remind me of Izayoi, by overpowered I get reminded of the MC from Katanagatari and maybe Toua from One Outs (for being such a smart badass) and both of them are really good. There's just too many weak male leads getting bossed around by the girls in their own harem in shounen anime for me to want Izayoi to be anything else than he is ._. I also enjoy his character because he reminds me of Miko hehe..+++
Now I think this show has a pretty good rating because it's actually a very very decent anime, most, not all of course, but most anime that I've seen and and has aired the last year have been.. very bad -.-
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo? Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 11, 2013

196 by Fazewally »»
Apr 2, 1:43 PM

Poll: » Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo? Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 15, 2013

348 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Nov 10, 2023 6:17 PM

Poll: » Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo? Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2013

128 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Nov 6, 2023 10:24 PM

Poll: » Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo? Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 1, 2013

111 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Nov 5, 2023 6:21 PM

Poll: » Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo? Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2013

110 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Nov 4, 2023 11:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.