Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (4) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Jan 19, 2014 8:44 PM

Jul 2007
this feels like some fantasy world a teen dreams of. The main character is OP and baddass. That's cool and all, but it pretty much kills his character development. Otherwise, the anime felt pretty bland and predictable. I was watching it with my kid brother and could predict almost every quotes during the battles.
Apr 6, 2014 11:26 AM

Dec 2013
Yeah I really didn't like this anime to much but the concept was cool and the characters were all interesting in their own way.
6/10
Immahnoob said:
They say Jesus walked on water.
People are made out of 79% water.
I can walk on people.
So I am 79% Jesus.
Sourire said:
I once fucked an apple pie.
Apr 7, 2014 8:25 PM

Nov 2013
To be honest, 2 episodes in i was almost ready to drop the anime because the seemingly lack of character development and how accepting they were of the situation, but at about episode 4-5 it completely changed my opinion and actually made the first few episodes a little clearer, now i love it and i'm keeping it on my second season radar. The action was great and there was plenty of hilarious moments to keep me going, 9/10
Apr 10, 2014 10:41 AM

Jun 2012
Why people like this? I think it's mostly because they are crazy about overpowered protagonist. That's what most of them told me when I asked. But that's not enough to me personally.

I gave it 6/10 since it was just about average. No real character development or any story development and since protagonist was overpowered for no apparent reason, it just resulted in boring fights and that's all there is to it.

I guess if only thing you care about is cool protagonist, then this is enough for you.
Mar 1, 2016 1:47 PM
Mar 2016
In what episode did Izayoi bend the sword again?
Mar 9, 2016 5:28 PM

May 2009
-Crys said:
I'm 4 episodes into this and it doesn't look like a good anime at all. The Characters are stereotyped, the powers are random and the battles are lame. If this had like 7.40 id would be normal, but 7.90? I'd like to hear what people find in this, because I really see nothing good about this except for the gags and the Chara Design.

I agree with you 100%. I didn't even see why they had to air this anime-- the characters were bland, we do not even know their backgrounds and the main character was way too overpowered, very intelligent like a Gary- Stu. The gifts were not even explained properly too. I just could not stomach the series, though some parts were funny I'd admit. Izayoi does very much have likable characteristics but if he remained that way throughout it just gets tiring.
SadistMar 9, 2016 5:34 PM

ἡ φύσις οὐδὲν ποιεῖ ἅλματα.

συκεροκυ™

Apr 12, 2016 6:42 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
It had its fair share of good scenes, coupled with some less well done, more borings parts especially towards the end (7-8/9). But was still enjoyable.
Apr 12, 2016 10:29 AM

Oct 2014
Five episodes in and can say people probably like it because of the concept and characters, as I do.

It also reminds me of when I'd watch anime back in the day and it'd have fantasy, supernatural themes, etc.

The MAL rating system is irrelevant and inaccurate. You shouldn't care about ratings in general anyway.
Apr 12, 2016 10:34 AM

Oct 2015
One word:
Kurousagi.
I thought the show was pretty bad too, but the presence of kurousagi redeems it enough for me to rate it a 5.
May 2, 2016 8:45 PM

Oct 2014
It just appeals to the masses:

- Typical OP male character ✓
- Undefined skill / level system ✓
- Unexplored world with seemingly no boundaries ✓
- Harem ✓
- Arrogant and egotistical characters ✓
- No challenge ✓

It is your typical MMORPG anime, wake up people. Just because it's light-hearted and funny doesn't mean it's good. There are plenty of other comedy/SOL shows aimed specifically for that purpose.
Jan 3, 2017 7:38 AM

Jan 2013
While people commenting on Izayoi and Kuro Usagi my main appeal is Yo and Asuka. Yo and Asuka are the unpolished gems of the group and it's great to see they develop. And i'm a sucker for these unpolished gem yet OP/badass characters like these 2.
May 26, 2017 12:14 PM

Jul 2013
idk.
I like how badass Izayoi is and I like the two other female problem children. In fact, I love how they're problem children that really don't give a sh*t about what others think of them. Their powers are kinda cool, Izayoi is OP, I wish the anime was longer so it can actually develop the plot better...

There's just something about it that makes me enjoy it a lot.
Oct 18, 2017 8:30 AM

Jan 2017
The problem is that the adaptation had just 10 episodes, they just covered the first two volumes of the Light Novel(they're funny and cool, but still the weakest volumes since they are still setting everything up) from vol 3 onwards we start to get answers about the characters and their powers, heck in volume 3 the author showed Izayoi's past.

Another thing is that the author expands and explores more the world of Little Garden and the characters get some really nice development(even the side characters and yes, Izayoi gets development too), also, Izayoi is in no way overpowered, there's plenty of characters in that universe that could whoop his ass.

Really a shame that we won't have another season, I bet people would like the show way more if the Underwood festival arc,Titan arc and Azi Dahaka arc were animated(specially the Azi Dahaka arc, Azi is one of the best villains I had the pleasure to see, his GARness surpassess even Archer's! lol)
Pages (4) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo? Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 11, 2013

196 by Fazewally »»
Apr 2, 1:43 PM

Poll: » Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo? Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 15, 2013

348 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Nov 10, 2023 6:17 PM

Poll: » Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo? Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2013

128 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Nov 6, 2023 10:24 PM

Poll: » Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo? Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 1, 2013

111 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Nov 5, 2023 6:21 PM

Poll: » Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo? Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2013

110 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Nov 4, 2023 11:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.