Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Higurashi When They Cry: Festival Accompanying Arc
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 1, 2007 12:45 PM

Jul 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

FUCK YES, IT'S QUIZ TIME.

All in all it was a better adaption of the ending than I thought possible last week. For everyone who has been screaming for killer lolis these past 8 weeks (shame on you) this episode more than makes up for the relative lack of action in it's predecessors. Next up is the final arc of the second season, Matsuribayashi-hen, and barring any specials probably the last of Higurashi we'll see animated. Though I would kill for some animated Miotsukushi-hen.

Edit: If anyone's interested in the differences between the game and this episode, you can watch the PS2 game's version here (Nico Nico Douga, the full thing) or here (Youtube, in parts). It has less action than the episode, but it's longer, the deaths feel less rushed and the talk afterwards is better as well. It does contain some small hints about the next arc though, so be advised.
EntropyOct 2, 2007 3:14 AM
Oct 1, 2007 8:57 PM

Sep 2007
I think I cried. I think its cause Hanyuu was upset. I love auauau~
This was a really good episode though. I'm looking forward to learning about Takano again. Although I know what happens I still wish something bad would happen to her. But I guess I can feel bed for her. In some way.
Oct 1, 2007 10:24 PM

Mar 2007
Gah... that was crazy... well, Takano was crazy. Wanting to become Oyashiro-sama was retarded if you ask me. I didn't read the manga, so I had no idea how it was going to end or whatever. I hope the next arc will be good as well... but with a better ending.
Oct 1, 2007 10:32 PM

Nov 2006
This ep made me baww :(
Was awesome, but made me baww.
So glad it's going to reset, man that was depressing.
Oct 2, 2007 1:26 AM

Sep 2007
great epi and with the memories of this arc
i hope rika will kick takanos ass and maybe after the end hanyuu willl get a bigger role i guesss
auauauau~~~ love her
Oct 2, 2007 5:56 PM

Jul 2007
Somebody review Ni-paa~'s subs plox?

ilu Mathes. thanks for awesome Beato sig. <3
ilu mah_marina. thanks for awesome Beato icon. <3
Oct 2, 2007 6:06 PM

Dec 2006
Myaaaa.
Arc is over.
Everyone diiiiied. D:

I cried a little when Keiichi died.
I was like, "NUUUUUUU~~~"
Then...yeah.
Takano's crazy. Her laugh is... amusing. ^^;
Oct 3, 2007 12:03 AM

Sep 2007
hehe seem like its "in" now to conquer the world with a evil smile *light, zero
i will become shin kami of the new world >_<
Oct 3, 2007 4:46 AM

Jul 2007
To tell you the truth, I really love the episode. But I voted 'Like it!' and it's all thanks to Takano. :/ SHE'S A *bad word beep* I TELL YOU >.> So now we know she was the one who released the gas thingy and killed Rika&gang, which makes me even angrier.

And I was really hoping Rena would kill those "Tokyo" men with the hatchet's (whatever you call it) blade side, not the blunt side. T3T And I really cried when Keiichi died. Can't wait for the next arc! :3

Oct 3, 2007 4:52 AM

Apr 2007
T.T ... what can i say, this anime is awesome. win. <3
oh freiken awesomness ep by the way, hope Rika remembers!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 3, 2007 1:07 PM

Jul 2007
So sad >_< I almost cried, seriously. So close, yet so far away... I probably would've given up a long while ago if I were Rika, so I commend her determination.

ilu Mathes. thanks for awesome Beato sig. <3
ilu mah_marina. thanks for awesome Beato icon. <3
Oct 3, 2007 2:39 PM
Jun 2007
Great episode, even though they all died.....TT_TT

I loved Rena in this episode. especially the part when she confronted takano. she knew all the right words to say and was clearly getting on Takano's skin.

More auauau from Hanyuu please!
Oct 3, 2007 3:00 PM

Jan 2007
I almost cried. Which is rare. D:

Takano's laugh is...really weird. o-o;

EDIT: I liked the irony in Shion begging for Satoko's life. Her words were very similar to Mion's from season one in the underground torture chamber. :3
MirietteOct 3, 2007 5:39 PM

Oct 3, 2007 5:20 PM

Apr 2007
Wow i must admit this might be one of the best episodes ever

Everyone died trying to save the others but sadly failed(i almost cried too)...The evil laugh at the end only goes well with Rena :D

God Rena was just win in this episode...she told Takano that she cant be Oyashiro-sama cause one exist and then just laughs in her face

So close Rika...go fight fate once more

The Red Truth is the only truth in the world
Oct 3, 2007 5:25 PM

Apr 2007
I kived Rena's verbal pwnage to Takano on how she can't be Oyashiro-sama. That was awesome.

That was seriously one of the best episodes in the whole series, first season included. So much emotion. I teared near the part before Rika got watanagashi'd.

Now onto Matsubayashi-hen!
Oct 3, 2007 5:49 PM

Jan 2007
I'm strangely attracted to this dark Takano XD
Oct 3, 2007 10:32 PM

Jul 2007
Meh... crunchyroll was acting up on me, so i watched the entire episode with the sound and graphics out of sync. That kind of ruined it for me.
Nevertheless, it was a good episode. And Takano...
Never underestimate the 'minor' characters.

BakaOnna said:
I kived Rena's verbal pwnage to Takano on how she can't be Oyashiro-sama. That was awesome.

YES. <3 Rena pwns on so many different levels.
I think I'll watch it again when the syncs better. :D
Oct 4, 2007 6:40 AM

Jun 2007
that was the best ep of the second season so far. Rena and Keiichi were awesome with their bat and cleaver.
Oct 4, 2007 10:40 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Oh man, this is crazy. I cursed a lot ^^. Damn Takano b!tch.

Was a great episode though, very Higurashi-like. And also... Rena was freaking amazing! Love her.

Looking forward to the next episode.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Oct 4, 2007 8:09 PM

Feb 2007
This episode is another example of why Rena is the best. I would just take her home if she kills Takano in the final arc.

I nearly cried a few times. Takano's laugh...meh...not what I expected. I really like Satoko's laugh for some reason.
Oct 4, 2007 10:19 PM

Sep 2007
FateSyka said:

EDIT: I liked the irony in Shion begging for Satoko's life. Her words were very similar to Mion's from season one in the underground torture chamber. :3

I hadn't even noticed that until now! I'm beginning to think that was specifically specific.
Oct 7, 2007 11:35 PM
Jul 2007
OH MAN.

I have no words to describe that last ep.

wow. Its just too bad I knew in my heart they weren't going to make it out in the end. That Takano beeyatch needs to go DOWN! The cruelty of the executions . . . ARRGH!

Oct 9, 2007 5:47 PM
Oct 2007
some brief information on Takano: first of all, takano was not her real name. Her parents are in a car accident, mom died insantly, his father then deserted her. she was sent into an orphanage, but the orphanage treated takano real bad. one day, she and some friends escaped the orphanage. coincidently, she found $10 on the road, she then phoned her father’s friend, and she lived in her father’s friend from then on.
Her fahter’s friend was the one reseaching the sickness they had in Rica’s town, and takano was immediatly interested in it. Her father’s friend had some interesting theories about the sickness, but people around them all think its a joke and laughed at him. He died soon after becuz of the laughter. Takano then changed her original name to Takano and vowed to continues the research.
She then studied hard and got into a famous university.( the faculty was parasite). anyways, she wanted to establish a research facility in Ricaz town. the research facility as we all know was the clinic. just before the facility is establish takano met with Hanyuu, and challenged Hanyuu who was oyashirosama.
Shortly after the facility is established, the dam battle started between ricaz town and Tokyo. as we all know, the town’s people hated satoku’s parents for supporting the building of the dam. Shortly after Satoku’s parents got killed by Satoku. Satoku’s brother, Satoshi send Satoku into the facility(clinic) for medical checkup. And the result report that Satoku is already a late-period patient. They then tested the medicine of delaying the disease code name”C103″ on Satoku. and they got amazing results. [PS. the original plan was to dissect Satoku and treat her like a lab rat for researching, but rica begged the doctor not to do that]. but Takano had some problem with Rica father who was a supporter of her research. the reason behind it was: Rica’s mother convinced Rica’s father not to support Takano becuz Takano had an argument with her regarding of Rica’s fever. then of course Takano was pissed and had the same guy who killed Rica killed Rica’s parents. When studying Satoku’s disease, Takano was able to make a biological weapon, code name “H70″,this weapon’s effect can cause people to enter level 5 of disease right way( the symptom as we all know is people would scratch their own throat and die). When Takano’s reseach was in the climax, one of her main supporter died, the people in “tokyo” wanted to cancel the project in Ricaz town. Takano was pissed becuz she wasnt able to complete her father’s friend’s reseach.
Of course, Tokyo didnt cancel it right way, they give Takano three year to complete the reseach, but the time wasnt enough. But a woman approached Takano regarding the research, and Takano decided to work with her. She basically decide to take revenage on TOKYO becuz she knows that if she succeed in her research, TOKYO is going to take credit for it. It was the begining of the mass masscare that happened in ep 13.(she had to kill rica, the queen infector,first).

Oct 12, 2007 10:30 AM

Aug 2007
T0sh1k1 said:
that was the best ep of the second season so far.

Totally agree
Oct 18, 2007 5:32 AM

Jul 2007
FUCKING AMAZING EPISODE!!!!!!!!!!! This arc was awesome and the last ep got the credit!!!!TAKANO BITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In this anime i cant decide which is my favourite character omfg!!! Rena,Keichi,Shion,Mion,Rika,Satoko(not so much)..All are great....Hope next arc we see Rena and Keichi Cutting Takanos head.... -.- Seriously i hate that bitch
Oct 22, 2007 11:34 AM

Nov 2006
That was a good one. T_T Why did i keep the hope that at least one of them would make it...... "Which one is green, broccoli or cauliflower?"......She has to go down! >.</
Dec 11, 2007 2:40 AM

Sep 2007
fabrikun said:
T0sh1k1 said:
that was the best ep of the second season so far.
Totally agree
Absolutely.
otaku1699 said:
That was a good one. T_T Why did i keep the hope that at least one of them would make it......
Me too ;_;

Jan 5, 2008 7:27 PM

Nov 2007
This episode is great... completely in spite of the fact that everyone ends up getting owned in the end

You know why? Because you can just tell that the next reincarnation WILL be the last...

oh and hanyuu, crazy cute xD
Rena standing up to Takano was great. and the takano laugh at the end, man, higurashi is awesome with the crazy/evil laughing.

5/5 ez
Jan 11, 2008 8:40 PM
Oct 2007
Possibly the most screwed up quiz ever taken >_>

Also, Rena should hit them with the sharp end next time.

Awesome episode, hopefully everything goes better in the next world...
Mar 14, 2008 7:35 PM

Jan 2008
awww. they all died. and they were so close. XP
damn that Takano. and her laugh was the worse. >.<
maybe Hanyuu will get a bigger role next arc. XD
okay, onto the next arc, and a new world. XD
Apr 19, 2008 6:10 AM

Feb 2008
Haha! That long post above, I won't get to waste my time reading information about her. Cause I really hate her, and I can watch it the next episode just now. So, no problem in reading spoilers, I just need to watch it. Don't inform more.

As far as Higurashi lives, I just want: Ni-pah!~, Hauu!~, Auauauaua!~, Kana, Kana?!, and the "I wanna take her home" dialogue. Hahaha! Rena for the win! XD
Jun 10, 2008 12:03 PM

Oct 2007
When Kei died I was like .. "reset .. RESET!!" .. imagine that they would survive .. it would be a Keiless world =P

But then ... after Rena-chan died, "this will reset or I'll rate down Higurashi really bad" .. a Keiless world is imaginable, a world without Rena would be no fun at all =X

Rena PWNs in this ep .. omoshi kaeri rena-chann!! kana kana xDDD
Jun 25, 2008 12:52 AM

Sep 2007
Aargh, I knew this was going to come back and bite everyone. It was going toooo well.

Damnit! Don't die without my permission!
Jul 19, 2008 5:59 PM

Jun 2008
YAY!!! Massacre!!!! Well... I guess that's the end of this arc ^^"

But seriously... when Takano was laughing and saying she was Oyashiro-sama in the end... I really expected someone to come up behind her and shoot her in the head... fitting end xD

But it never happened T~T

Sig WILL change soon~
Aug 14, 2008 5:42 PM
Jul 2008
This was a tear jerker for me. I knew it had to happen sooner or later since there are many more episodes left. I'm kind of glad that this anime goes from horror-like to happy then back to horror.
Sep 5, 2008 8:27 AM

Jun 2008
Broccoli or cauliflower scene was made of so much win.

I felt sorry for Mion when Keiichi died =(
Sep 6, 2008 1:36 AM

Aug 2008
One of the most complicated question from 1st season is answered in this episode.

Sep 21, 2008 9:06 PM

Mar 2008
There's the "massacre." Wow, that was a really awesome episode! Takano holds her own in villany. We had a deus ex machina when Mion, Shion, Rena, and Keiichi suddenly show up, and now they're using their signature weapons against a common, real enemy instead of on each other. It was so sad when they were picked off one by one. And Rika's death...ouch. D: Well, in the next arc, we're going to see Hanyuu take action. Does that mean that she's going to take physical form and be more than a spirit? Looking forward to the next (and final) arc!

Though the subs kinda ruined the mood after Mion wanted to be the decoy and the rest of the gang runs away, Shion said, "Why did she want to become an hero." An hero. I lol'd.
Oct 9, 2008 1:07 AM

Mar 2008
Takano suuuuucks >< boooooooo !!!!!!!

i would have cried at this episode a little maybe if i was in my normal state but im numb for now so i cant, damn ><
Oct 9, 2008 8:32 PM

Jul 2008
This episode is definitely my favorite of the season so far. Plenty of action and it's fair share of emotion as well.
Oct 10, 2008 12:08 PM

Jan 2008
For the thousandths time, why the fuck didn't mion use her friggin' gun!!!
~de Arimasu
Oct 18, 2008 11:27 AM

Nov 2007
Wyvr said:
For the thousandths time, why the fuck didn't mion use her friggin' gun!!!

Cos its not a gun.

Awesome episode, awesome arc, really pumped about the next arc arc (13 episodes.. its gonna be a big one!) but they seemed to have finally cracked it!

Still a few things need explaining but this shows doing a better job of the plot then I ever thought was possible, I was expecting a Stephen King-esque cop out explanation..
Oct 24, 2008 10:19 AM

May 2008
Gah,I never thought I could hate Takano more than I did before I saw that episode. Insane wannabe-god bitch! D: And her laugh's so cheap.

I can't wait to start the new arc! Hanyuu should play a much bigger role now that our people noticed her existence ^^
Oct 29, 2008 11:38 PM

May 2008
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuudge.

That was gruesome.;_;

Well...we knew it was gonna happen.
What a nice ending for it though, everyone together like that. And I knew there was something up with Hanyuu's lack of hope that was amiss and just wasn't right for things.

And Furude Rika can forget things sometimes?:| I thought she said earlier that she could remember everything. That was supposed to be what made her special. I mean she knows she's been through this a hundred years. And she can remember every time I have seen.

Though by the looks of it it looks like now they've gained her ability, however possible.
I guess it was only a matter of time after they remembered past events a little bit. I still didn't expect it though. And not so soon for sure.

And so....the hope still rings! Even more resounding that before even! I can't wait to see the rest of this show.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Nov 17, 2008 11:04 PM
Oct 2008
Omg I criied....
It was because Hanyuu criied!
I love her so much
and it made me really sad to see her cry because she triied so hard to help rika and everyone else fight fate. And all she could do was stand there and watch everyone die.
That was so sad:(
But now its the end of this arc time to reset and see what happens
Nov 18, 2008 8:41 PM

Nov 2007
Hauuu! This was really an awesome (if very sad) episode. I was reminded again why Rena is such an awesome character; she really shined this time. This also explains some of the confusing things from earlier in the series -- why so many Hinamizawa people were in the school (and why some, including Rena, were missing), and of course, Takano's role in everything.

[avatar from Tales of the Abyss]
Nov 23, 2008 2:57 PM

Aug 2008
That explains why the villagers were dressed in casual clothing, at night. That issue bug me alot.
They were rounded up like animals, confined in rooms, and forced to breathe poison. So no volcanic gases, nor aliens involved.
This also explains why was Rena running around in the mountains at night. She probably escaped the roundings by the military, but was hunted down in the end. So Satoko uncovered the conspiracy, and was murdered because of it. Since that was an anime-only arc, I don't think we need to discuss that it about it.
Nice team-work! Too bad they all died, again, in the end :2
Damn that Takano. Even if her reasons for going mad are pityable, I'll still hate that cold-blooded bitch from now on.
Cute theathre-preview. Rika's nipas and mis are as cute as Hanyuu's hauuhauus. :)
Dec 15, 2008 5:45 AM

Dec 2008
Rena was totally awsome this episode. She stood up against the crazy bitch Takano and faced death without a trace of fear. Sakoto is extremely annoying when she have all these mental breakdown and start crying like the world is gonna end and she just want to die.

I still have some questions to ask reguarding the disease. Remember previously, when Keichii and Sakoto were the only survivors? Why didnt they kill them and cover up their deaths together with the other villagers since they too are infected with the disease.
Jan 4, 2009 5:33 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Hydrazoid said:

I still have some questions to ask reguarding the disease. Remember previously, when Keichii and Sakoto were the only survivors? Why didnt they kill them and cover up their deaths together with the other villagers since they too are infected with the disease.

When Keiichi survived, he could still have been assassinated...we just didn't show it...But if he didn't discover anything, they have no reason to kill him. Just like in one world, Rena survived, but she went mad so they didn't bother to kill her....

And the disease is "apparently" not contagious, only Hinamizawans have it....But I could be wrong....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Feb 4, 2009 7:56 AM

Nov 2008
Eventho theres not much violence at these events, it's absolutely the climax of the series. Everything is clear. The mysterious deaths (like Tomitake's, Fake corpse of That bitch) and the disease. I really got pumped up when i saw the others helping Rika and Satoko on the escape event. I hoped that Rena would have sliced the guys with her hatchet. Rika, Fate can be changed. Remeber, to kick the takano bitch's ass, and save Hinamizawa. AuAuAuu~
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Entropy - Sep 24, 2007

141 by benisgu »»
Apr 6, 2:03 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

protoman96 - Jul 5, 2007

166 by Vincentie »»
Mar 19, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Entropy - Sep 6, 2007

120 by benisgu »»
Mar 2, 8:38 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

LunarEmerald - Oct 29, 2007

100 by Drinzen »»
Feb 9, 4:05 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LunarEmerald - Dec 17, 2007

364 by gb214 »»
Dec 31, 2023 4:29 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.