Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 7, 2013 8:11 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well, this was an exciting episode. The way that mission was being handled like that against those helmet guys. Yup and oh let's not forget about the OST of the episode. Glorious.

And Shiinya, what a boss. Not only using his fists but also a German Suplex? Well, that's probably not a good idea to mess with him. Finally nice to see the showdown between Shiinya and Shougo as well. About damn time. I'm not surprised his PP level is still 0. It's pure white.

The fight was pretty old fashioned with the fists. Freaking fist fight. I loved when Akane jumped in like that. Dem tears ;.; 5/5

This episode was just glorious and Kagariiiii :(

He better be alright but that ending was bloody.
Feb 7, 2013 8:12 AM

Nov 2007
NOOOOOOOOO~~~~, Ishida-san's character!!
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Feb 7, 2013 8:13 AM

Nov 2011
tsubasalover said:
NOOOOOOOOO~~~~, Ishida-san's character!!

Ya, I feel sorry for him now too :(

One of my favorite characters with his energetic personality. He also fought pretty well this episode too.
Feb 7, 2013 8:43 AM

Sep 2008
Waiting for the sub to arrive.

Time to see if this episode is truly (that's what they said) Urobuchi's "masterpiece".

*Edited*
Just watched. I knew the chief is the main antagonist and Shougo is just an anti-hero who use brute force to achieve his goal in the end, but never expect that she

Now I wonder who she really is and what is her connection with Shougo. Plus, R.I.P Kagari Shuusei...
ShoutaAzumaFeb 8, 2013 5:22 AM
Feb 7, 2013 8:47 AM
Dec 2012
Wow just wow. The story is well-written and the art is impressive. The creator is a genius. Considering this anime doesn't have an original source, It's even amazing.
Feb 7, 2013 8:50 AM

Sep 2012
It looked so obvious from the start that Kagari would not end the episode happily.. The flag is too clear to ignore...

And we finally link back to ep.1

Such a sight of Akane full of emotion

Did not expect to see Kougami and Makishima got hit so easily

And as expected, something not quite right with the agency head - we all saw how mechanic and robotic her eyes are in earlier episode...

Well, I still hope that it would not turn out that we have Sybil system as an all-out villain at the end, as this would look quite cliched. Instead I hope to see a more nuanced view of advantages vs drawbacks for such system - perhaps Sybil picking Akane as a monitoring officer is right after all and foreshadows a far-reaching implication for Sybil's future? Something like that.
symbvFeb 7, 2013 9:31 PM
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Feb 7, 2013 9:04 AM

Apr 2009
AHHH NO KAGARI

And damn, Shogo wrecked Shinya.
Feb 7, 2013 9:07 AM

Nov 2009
Makishima is not disappointed with Akane anymore xD.

I'm crying. Kagari, why didn't you try to do something at least?! ;_;
Feb 7, 2013 9:52 AM

Jan 2013
Feeeeeeeeeeeeeeels.

Wow just wow. Kogami is a beast and Shogo owned him with such an ease; though I half-expected a longer conversation between them. I'm pleasantly surprised that Akane keeps her shit together. Sibyl system environment looks precisely how I pictured it to be. And dammit, I called it that chief lady is a cyborg/android.

I wonder if Kagari is truly finished.
Feb 7, 2013 9:56 AM

Aug 2012
Ouch, that must have been really embarassing for Makishima xD He fought really well, though.

oh and:

I SHIP MAKISHIMA X SHINYA <3333333333333
Feb 7, 2013 10:05 AM
Aug 2011
Impressed that Makishima and his little capri pants beat the crap out of Kougami.

If I was going to nitpick about anything it would have been how Kougami/Akane conveniently forgot that Makishima's non-existent psycho-pass would register to anyone near him.
Obviously having put a helmet on Akane would be useless since they were going to be around Makaishima anyway.

but ahhh Kagari was the first to go :/
So much for everyone guessing that it would be Masaoka first.
On the other hand people's suspicions about the old lady not being human were right.
Feb 7, 2013 10:10 AM
Sep 2011
In the end Akane was able to resist her desire for revenge and avoided becoming a murderer herself, as such her behaviour is certainly applaudable as she didn't let her own emotions get the better of her.

The fight choreography alone would have made this episode worthwhile already. However, I wonder what will happen now after the first climax of this series, since the only two witnesses of what the truth behind the Sybil System supposedly got annihilated and Makishima got finally captured.
I guess, it wouldn't be a surprise if he continues pulling the strings even when put behind bars.
EudaimoniaFeb 7, 2013 10:14 AM
Feb 7, 2013 10:26 AM

Jan 2011
Excellent episode but... why is it always the jester? :,(
Good ol fist fight. So enjoyable! thumbs up for Akane for keeping it together, I loved the look she gave Kogami after she was wounded.

Whoa whoa she can overwrite the Dominator?! That's one badass AI, o wonder if she/it can regenerate or something. Sybil system is still a secret to our eyes, such a tease. I'm starting to get used to these massive cliffhangers.
The world is the illusion of the real world.
Feb 7, 2013 10:28 AM

Jan 2013
Amazing, suspenseful, action packed episode, they always seem to go by so fast! I loved the fight scene, it was great seeing the advanced (and mostly useless) technology thrown aside for a good bit of old fashioned fighting :P

And noooooo, Kagari, even though he wasn't a main character he was my favourite D: Although the dominator seemed to be malfunctioning, so maybe there's still hope...

Edit: Well, to me it first looked like it malfunctioned due to the failing voice etc, but on rewatch and reading everyone else's posts, yeah, she must have overwritten it. Someone needs to kill her now!
JimJamJamieJooFeb 8, 2013 9:15 AM
Feb 7, 2013 10:28 AM

Oct 2012
They would kill Kagari off first. Urobuchi haha

I was hoping Shinya would get a few hits on him but damn he got wrecked. At least he blocked a few shots but was thrown around like a toy
Angelic_FortuneFeb 7, 2013 10:37 AM

Feb 7, 2013 10:33 AM

Jun 2009
Death_Acolyte said:
Kagari isn't dead. Before he got shot the dominator mode said " non-lethal paralyzer. So it's like kagari may end up temporarily paralyzed like Shinya was during episode 2.

Uhm, you noticed that it said "non-lethal paralyzer" BEFORE it switched to the well-known lethal-elemintor form, did you?

Since it's written by Urobutcher, he's PRETTY MUCH screwed. Guess Yayoi will be next.
Feb 7, 2013 10:36 AM

Oct 2012
Celondor said:
Death_Acolyte said:
Kagari isn't dead. Before he got shot the dominator mode said " non-lethal paralyzer. So it's like kagari may end up temporarily paralyzed like Shinya was during episode 2.

Uhm, you noticed that it said "non-lethal paralyzer" BEFORE it switched to the well-known lethal-elemintor form, did you?

Since it's written by Urobutcher, he's PRETTY MUCH screwed. Guess Yayoi will be next.

Yeah i just rewatched it.

Feb 7, 2013 10:38 AM

May 2010
I thought so too because it clearly said Lethal Eleminator when aimed at Choe and then Non Lethal Paralyzer when aimed at Kagari. But it somehow changed its form afterwards? Not fully though so half eleminator and half paralyzer...? I still have hope that he somehow survived. Maybe he is 'just' badly injured.
giuli94Feb 7, 2013 10:44 AM
Feb 7, 2013 10:39 AM

Jan 2012
Aaah damned it oO Kagari ;(
Can't wait to watch the next episode ><
Feb 7, 2013 10:39 AM

Apr 2011
Wow amazing episode. So much happened.
Feb 7, 2013 10:40 AM

Sep 2012
This is going to be at the top of the list by the time it's over.
Feb 7, 2013 10:47 AM

Oct 2012
What was so bad-looking about the sibyl system that people would cause a riot for.?
Star_BoyFeb 7, 2013 10:58 AM
Feb 7, 2013 10:53 AM

Jul 2010
I loved the part were Akane ran up behind Shougo with the helmet and knocked him the hell out. I wasn't expecting that to be honest.

Damn, pretty intense episode in all. Big question is what is Shuusei's fate after this episode? Aching for the next episode.
Feb 7, 2013 10:58 AM

Dec 2009
Aliens I say.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Feb 7, 2013 11:03 AM

Oct 2012
Marow said:
Aliens I say.

If it turns out that sibyl is an extraterrestrial project then that would be so cheesy imo.

It wouldn't fit the theme/plot development we had so far.
Feb 7, 2013 11:06 AM

Sep 2012
One word: Perfect.
Feb 7, 2013 11:16 AM

Jun 2012
Oh Akane you're going to regret taking him alive X D I know you believe in Sibyl an what it stands for but because you were born into Sibyl you see things differently than someone like Masaoka and Kagari who knows how flawed it is, that ideal is going to cost you.....

Pretty straightforward episode when it came to the plot progression, if that end didn't happen I definitely would've been disappointed for not taking it up that extra notch we expect Urobuchi to make. We all kinda knew that old lady had something up her sleeve but a cyborg? Definitely didn't see that coming; also poor Kagari getting KO'd when he saw what Sibyl really is, I'm just gonna go out on a limb and say it's similar to the three girls in Minority Report : P

Oh yeah how the hell did the Chief get as bruised up as she was where you could see her exoskeleton?
HybridMBLFeb 7, 2013 11:25 AM
Feb 7, 2013 11:23 AM

Jun 2009
Hybridbloodszak said:
I'm just gonna go out on a limb and say it's similar to the three girls in Minority Report : P

Those were 2 girls and one cu... ehr, guy. And yeah, I guess it's something like that, just with people like Makishima and Akane (remember when they talked about the guy from the case back then who just "disappeared"? Old Sybil-Lady creeped the shit out of me and it seems we're right about her... )

Hybridbloodszak said:
Oh yeah how the hell did the Chief get as bruised up as she was where you could see her exoskeleton?

Maybe she was like "Noo, I can't let him see this!" and then she fell down, like 4-5 levels. xD
Feb 7, 2013 11:49 AM

May 2009
:'( Kagari...

Even I thought it'd be Masaoka.. but.. :( Kagari..
and you just decided to take it.. :/

Fight was amazing.. and Kogami definitely put up a good fight, but I so bet that he was cursing his training sessions with the bot. They really don't account for the real deal. He sure as hell got his surprise moments, but he handled it well. And then, lovely Akane moment. :) It was funny just how oblivious and unprepared Makishima was for that! Aaahaha.
And yeah.. she's.. just not a killer. :) She'd break if she did. But I bet her Psycho Pass would still be in the norms. heh. Quite the bland state that.

Celondor said:
Hybridbloodszak said:

Maybe she was like "Noo, I can't let him see this!" and then she fell down, like 4-5 levels. xD

Choe and the Old Sibyl shot at the same time. See the puffy cloud? They both got hit, but only he blew up, while she was revealed. And ofcourse, she couldn't let Kagari see all that he did. It's her little secret.
Boo you obaa-san.

The system is probably another cyborg-humanoid brain using machine. O_o
_____ _ _ ______

Within pain, there is desire.

_____ _ _ ______
Feb 7, 2013 12:03 PM

Oct 2008
God damn it I really liked Kagari and he didn't even get proper time to shine before geting killed :((
But this show keeps getting better with every episode, I swear, both plot- and animation-wise.
Must say, I didn't expect that much in the beginning!
Feb 7, 2013 12:04 PM

Oct 2011
Curses.. The Sibyl core remains hidden from our sight! Ah well, I suppose it's something to look forward to in the near future.
I quite enjoyed the combat between Shogo & Shinya. However I wished the conversation between Choe and Shuusei lasted a bit longer.
Can such a dream truely exist?
Feb 7, 2013 12:17 PM
Sep 2012
Celondor said:
Hybridbloodszak said:
Hybridbloodszak said:

Choe shot her before she was able to shoot him.
Feb 7, 2013 12:24 PM
Aug 2012
Oh noooo too much happened on this one episode

Lol at the Chief is an Android and the way she over HACKING the dominator= BADASSSSS
KamiKaliFeb 7, 2013 12:40 PM
Feb 7, 2013 12:35 PM

Apr 2011
NOOOOOOOO I can't believe!!!!!!!!!! Kagari couldn't dieeeeeee we weren't introduced to his story and I'm waiting for it soooo much ><
He's my fav character ><
Don't you dare to really kill him!!!!!
He's a great character (yes he is not was I won't accept his death ><)
Feb 7, 2013 12:49 PM

May 2011
PLEASE DON'T TELL ME KAGARI IS DEAD TTATT HE WAS MY FAVORITE CHARACTER...Even if he loses a leg or something, I'm fine with that its just, this anime can't be it without him...I want that old women to die..WHY JUST WHY????????
Feb 7, 2013 12:53 PM

Aug 2012
I loved the end in particular, I was expecting Kagari to die, but the way he was taken down was unexpected but really damn good, Chief went through a lot just to ensure the secret of the Sibyl System wasn't publicized.

I predict Makishima will escape again, not sure how. Was kind of weird how he didn't dodge the helmet to the head but then again he's gotta go down somehow.
Feb 7, 2013 1:09 PM

Jan 2012
I'm really having doubts that Kagari is really dead and not just badly injured or something happens to save him in the end. Usually with Gen Urobuchi you see the charctesr die instead of the scene just changing. Plus we haven't had any real character development (besides a little in this episode) or a flashblack about him yet.

Of course there can also be a chance that he really does die. I don't want this to be the case though since he is my 2nd favorite character. :(

Also is anyone else disapointed that Makishima got arrested so easily? I thought he was the main "bad guy" or the anime but now I'm not sure.
Feb 7, 2013 1:21 PM

Dec 2010
Goddamn, I hope Kagari isn't dead, he's really grown on me over the series.

And I have a suspicion that Makishima isn't actually the true mastermind behind this either. Probably the enemy they have to defeat will turn out to be the chief/Sibyl system.
Feb 7, 2013 1:34 PM

May 2012
Kagari and Choe were my favourite support characters TT_TT
Feb 7, 2013 1:38 PM

Nov 2008
OMG! This anime is so perfect! Every week, i like it better!

At last! The confrontation between kogami and makishima!Makishima is smile looked like a psycho's! :3333
And Akane... I really like is character, she is incredivel!

Oh god... I want to see the next episode - I'm sure.. it will be very interessant!*0*

Feb 7, 2013 1:46 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Elite60 said:
I loved the part were Akane ran up behind Shougo with the helmet and knocked him the hell out. I wasn't expecting that to be honest.

I know right? After that intense fighting scene with Shinya and Makishima, and then all of the sudden Akane KO'ed Makishima. I pretty much laughed out loud when that happened, in a surprised yet happy kind of way. Honestly I've never really liked Akane that much, but hey, she was very helpful this time around, and I respect her for her perseverance even after getting shot in the leg. Also, wow, Makishima got some kickass martial arts skills...O_o I gasped when I heard the crack when Makishima kicked Shinya's head.

And then....NOOOOOO Kagari T_T my favorite character on the team...I had a feeling someone would die in this episode. So sad the way he died. That chief. I didn't expect that either. Like what---?!? Ugh so much happened in this episode that I must watch it again to process it all. I really wonder what is the surprising thing about the Sibyl system. Sucks to be Choe Guseong. The way he died was pretty disgusting, but I say he deserved a more painful death.
Feb 7, 2013 1:50 PM

May 2009
kentaseo said:

And I have a suspicion that Makishima isn't actually the true mastermind behind this either. Probably the enemy they have to defeat will turn out to be the chief/Sibyl system.

When you say "true mastermind".. of what?

Makishima is not an "enemy" per se. All he's doing is bringing the truth of Sibyl to the fore. He's a revolutionary. An enemy of the system if you believe in the system because he voices its flaws. We see him as the bad guy because he kills and instigates people to kill. Kogami and Akane were after him due to personal reasons which become our own. But as such, I see Makishima standing in the grey zone. His concern for humanity plays that complex role. Sibyl is a monarchy that this society has accepted. They've forgotten their choices or have never known them. Those who accept are happy with their restrictions.
I doubt if there's any "defeat" here the way you put it.
You want a "bad guy" going down.. hmm.
_____ _ _ ______

Within pain, there is desire.

_____ _ _ ______
Feb 7, 2013 1:52 PM

Jul 2012
That smile at the end sent chills down my spine. NOOO and more importantly WTF?! what is going on?
Feb 7, 2013 1:59 PM

Oct 2008
dat cliffhanger
Feb 7, 2013 2:00 PM

Aug 2011
ARGHASDFK ALSDFASD. I KEPT YELLING AT THE SCREEN. "SHUUSEI DON'T YOU'LL DIE SOMETHING BAD WILL HAPPEN."

NO MY FAVOURITE CHARACTER. THIS IS NOT POSSIBLE THIS CANNOT BE HAPPENING. SHUUSEI WAS SO AMAZING IN SO MANY WAYS. WHY. UROBUCHI.

I have this small hope that he's still alive because the chief aimed the Dominator in Non-Lethal Paralyzer mode. It's a shame Choe died. I mean he was only being a revolutionary (like someone else mentioned on this thread). I kind of liked him. Although he was a bastard.

Akane D: That crying. The poor girl. Argh I really hate the Sybil System. TT.TT
LaciieFeb 7, 2013 2:03 PM
Feb 7, 2013 2:01 PM

Jan 2013
Hmm wonder what the system is for such a reaction. Its clear the Chief is part of the system however.
Feb 7, 2013 2:02 PM
Apr 2012
Pretty good episode. I REALLY hope Urobuchi isn't doing a "literal" ripoff off Minority Report, if that is what they saw then I will be very disappointed.
Feb 7, 2013 2:06 PM

Dec 2012
aypex said:
That smile at the end sent chills down my spine. NOOO and more importantly WTF?! what is going on?

If you're talking about Kagari then I don't know why it would (sent chills down your spine, as it were)....

I mean, seriously did most of y'all sit there and watch it NO SUBS or something?? Because half of y'all getting all sad about Kagari had watch W/ SUBS, then you would already know that the Chief didn't kill him; she just used non-lethal paralysis of the Dominator on him. If nothing else, she'll probably alter his memories of what he saw then leave him somewhere he can be found by the others.

Anywho, gotta say this episode was on POINT!! I love how my girl Akane crept up on Makishima and knocked the FUCK outta him, lol. I was laughing and shouting 'You go girl!!', all at once. That was one helluva episode right there; nice to see everything come full-circle from the prologue in the first ep.

Dammit, that ep seriously went by way too quick....u_u
Feb 7, 2013 2:07 PM

Oct 2012
The episode would have been perfect if Akane did the finishing blow. Man you got spot Kagari's death from a mile, but it doesn't change how well executed it was. Although I don't think he's dead because it was set to paralyse mode when she locked onto him.
Feb 7, 2013 2:25 PM

Apr 2011
I was so angry because of Kagari that i shot all my darts in bulls eye (no kidding) -___-"
Author don't you dare to kill my fav character!!!!!!
why didn't you kill Yayoi instead??????????????????????????????????/
Pages (12) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2013

273 by ANIk_003 »»
Mar 7, 7:25 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2013

927 by The_Black_B3ast »»
Mar 5, 12:27 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

352 by The_Black_B3ast »»
Mar 4, 2:49 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2013

288 by The_Black_B3ast »»
Mar 2, 9:03 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2013

373 by The_Black_B3ast »»
Feb 29, 3:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.