Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Feb 7, 2013 5:44 PM
Jan 2013
Ajunky said:
I didn't quite like Midori's attitude. It's understandable that she's not OK with the prospective of Mochizou and Tamako dating, but who made her Tamako's spokeswoman? She didn't even know how she felt about him...

Only after she confirms with Tamako that she sees him as a friend that she gives him the OK to confess. >_> I've always hated underhanded girls...

Pissed off when Midori loused up Mochizou's chances of confessing to Tamako. Then she got the courage to tell him to confess to Tamako after he was friendzone. Seems to me that the love triangle in this series is unlikely to be resolved any time soon. But I am rooting for Mochizou x Tamako or probably a Mochizou x Midori pairing in the end. LOLz.
Feb 7, 2013 5:48 PM
Jan 2013
feretto said:
Well...with such a indecisive and shy male character and dull female, you don't really need a third one further delaying their relationship. Just went from slightly irritating to annoying.
Midori really was a bitch in the beginning, these underhanded methods (lying to Mochi, then asking Tamako about her feelings and then trying to fake being friendly, after she already knows that Tamako hasn't realized anything) can't be approved. If she would be fair, she would just confess as well and then let Tamako decide. She's practically sabotaging her possible relationship...if you have friends like this you don't need enemies. I realize she's just doing it because she likes Tamako, but it's not right. At the end she upgraded from bitch-mode to dislikeable-mode for me, because she startet being friendly to Mochi too.
The rest of the episode was funny, especially Dera imitating a girl :D
Also lol @ japanese:
- seeing a girl in a swimsuit indecent...
- disliking being tanned at all, but I guess it's also really dumb of some EU/USA to tan themselves until they look like roasted chicken xD

Midori looks like a nice girl, but if she keeps on doing these underhanded methods I would be pissed off when she wins Tamako in the end just because she sabotaged Mochizou's chances.
Feb 7, 2013 5:48 PM

Apr 2011
Why did the girls gave a thumbs up at Mochizou?

...seeing Midori doing it last seems to signify something.

I feel like Midori is more suited for Mochizou than Tamako. IMHO
Feb 7, 2013 6:03 PM
Jan 2013
Cratex said:
Magito said:

Also what does Dera mean he said both Mochizou and Midori have the same scent?
Just exactly what he said.
Without going into to much detail, humans have lost most of their ability to smell things. However, we still generate scent chemicals of all sorts based on our physical and emotional states, with "fear", "anger", "aggressive" and "sex" being some of them. Both Mochizou and Midori were being aggressive and assertive (and possibly a couple of other things related to how they felt about Tamako), and while humans are "blind" to the scents they would have been generating Dera would not be.

That they like the same girl (playing in the same team). Whenever I detect someone who is gay I use the word "I can smell him/her"...don't know if that same thing goes here as well.
Feb 7, 2013 6:12 PM

Jan 2013
chinvincible said:
Cratex said:
Magito said:

Also what does Dera mean he said both Mochizou and Midori have the same scent?
Just exactly what he said.
Without going into to much detail, humans have lost most of their ability to smell things. However, we still generate scent chemicals of all sorts based on our physical and emotional states, with "fear", "anger", "aggressive" and "sex" being some of them. Both Mochizou and Midori were being aggressive and assertive (and possibly a couple of other things related to how they felt about Tamako), and while humans are "blind" to the scents they would have been generating Dera would not be.

That they like the same girl (playing in the same team). Whenever I detect someone who is gay I use the word "I can smell him/her"...don't know if that same thing goes here as well.

I don't know if she is gay or not, but I think Dera sensed that they both had an interest in Tamako.
"What color do you want to be?" -Shiina Mashiro
Feb 7, 2013 10:37 PM

Mar 2011
The_Mad_Wizard said:
I think someone should make a GIF of that bird being dribbled like a basketball.

Ah right! That was the best part for me!!

I made few- Highlights of Dera and Mochizou--

AmbertsarinaFeb 7, 2013 10:52 PM
]
Feb 7, 2013 11:51 PM

Dec 2011
Ahh. The beach episode.

Love the part where Mochizou dribbles Dera... and ahh fanservice!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 8, 2013 12:42 AM

Jan 2013

Kanna Kowai....

:p

Feb 8, 2013 12:44 AM

May 2012
Midori....I've seen that type of character before. She might end up pissing me off or become my fave character in this series.
Dera is the best still tho. Good episode.
Feb 8, 2013 1:33 AM

Jul 2009
why is she cock blocking him???? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? dafaq.
and this episode was incredibly boring (annoying). either kyoani ups the moe dose or they hit me with some hardcore romance cause im bored as fuawkkkk.
Feb 8, 2013 1:51 AM

Nov 2011
Kurogashi said:

Shouldn't it be obvious? She wants Tamako for herself.

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Feb 8, 2013 2:54 AM

Oct 2012
What was with the tumbs up at the end?
Feb 8, 2013 3:13 AM
Community Admin
sunny moment

May 2010
To a rather, well, regular but entertaining episode I think the one thing unique is Dera that is he is surprisingly sharp and at times an omniscient eye. I don't think the romance will ever take off, but I did envision a Midori x Mochizou for a moment while I was watching.

Pretty episodic so far, these episodes are nice, but I'd like for something more progressive to happen. What that is, I'll leave it up to KyoAni to decide.
Feb 8, 2013 3:17 AM

Apr 2011
rul said:
What was with the tumbs up at the end?

I want to know too.

Need gif pic of Mochizou dribbling Dera. Please!!!
Feb 8, 2013 4:46 AM

Jul 2011
shanimebib said:
10 dollars on Midori falling for Mochizou by the end of the anime.

I bet 5 dollars
Feb 8, 2013 4:50 AM

Sep 2008
so much Midori hate. she is just a kid, a teenager that has just learned she has feelings for her best friend (and that she may be a lesbian). She is still trying to figure out herself, also, how would you feel if the person you love is going to be taken away from you? of course Midori got jealous. That scene when Midori asked Tamako how she felt about Mochizō and then about Midori made her realize only Tamako can choose who to love. That's way she went easy with Mochizo later on.
Books are gateways to new worlds...
Feb 8, 2013 6:15 AM

Jan 2013
mutopis said:
so much Midori hate. she is just a kid, a teenager that has just learned she has feelings for her best friend (and that she may be a lesbian). She is still trying to figure out herself, also, how would you feel if the person you love is going to be taken away from you? of course Midori got jealous. That scene when Midori asked Tamako how she felt about Mochizō and then about Midori made her realize only Tamako can choose who to love. That's way she went easy with Mochizo later on.

I thought she went easier on him only after Tamako said she loved Midori. Not necessarily because she realized "only Tamako can choose who to love"... but because now Midori didn't feel threatened anymore.
Feb 8, 2013 7:12 AM

Jul 2012
mora404 said:
Cratex said:
ihateeveryone said:
ahneeme said:
ihateeveryone said:
Can this get any more unoriginally dull and cliche?

I like it when people waste their life watching shit they dislike.

Because spending 20 minutes of my life watching something = wasting my life. Okay.

If I don't watch it then people will say I cant have a valid opinion on it. If I do watch it I get told that I shouldn't watch something I dislike if I dislike it. It's a lose-lose situation.
Obviously it's a gap of understanding. I don't have to hate something to stop doing it. If I dislike something I stop doing it and find something else to do - there are far to many other things I can find that bring a smile to my face for me to waste time watching something I might find "merely boring". I personally have no problem with somebody disliking something and saying so. I just am amazed that someone would continue to watching something they didn't like. I certainly don't require anyone to suffer through 13, 26 or whatever episodes of something they didn't like just to justify their score of "4". Look at my own "dropped" list - most of them were dropped after just a few episodes. I figure that is far enough to justify to myself. I also have absolutely no desire to justify my dislike of something to anybody else. I'm supremely confident in my ability to decide what I will and will not watch.

Bravo- I agree. Who cares if you like it, dislike it, drop it, I don't. If anything if you don't like a show do us all a favor who do and drop it. ;)

Why would I drop a show for the people who like it? What the hell?

Do people really have this much foam issue with someone giving their negative thoughts on a show? Some of the characters are cute and it has fluid animation plus some funny, albeit cliche moments. If I disliked it so much I wouldn't sprinkle praise there, but why not learn to accept that not everyone is going to like a show and they have a right to express and watch Otto hope of gets better, for their own enjoyment, expectations, or whatever.
Feb 8, 2013 7:54 AM

Mar 2012
ihateeveryone said:
Can this get any more unoriginally dull and cliche?

Agreed. Seems KyoAni can't make anything decent anymore except for the moe.
Dropped, 3/10.
Feb 8, 2013 9:26 AM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
ihateeveryone said:

Do people really have this much foam issue with someone giving their negative thoughts on a show? Some of the characters are cute and it has fluid animation plus some funny, albeit cliche moments. If I disliked it so much I wouldn't sprinkle praise there, but why not learn to accept that not everyone is going to like a show and they have a right to express and watch Otto hope of gets better, for their own enjoyment, expectations, or whatever.
We're not upset that you post complaints about it - we're just really not understanding why folks would watch something they didn't like. Two different things. Often around MAL I see a few "regulars" whom, as far as i can tell, watch anime just so they can complain about it as I never see them say anything good about a show through 26 episodes (often simply saying some variation on "this is shit" and little else 26 times).

(One thing I notice about you is you actually DO say in some reasonable way what it is you are bothered by, which I DO appreciate - possibly why you've managed to get such a response out of some of us, cause you actually have something to say)

Having said that, for me at least it wasn't apparent at first that there were things you liked about this show and that's why you keep watching. So, with that in mind, carry on. I'll keep quiet!
Feb 8, 2013 9:56 AM

Jun 2009
I never liked Midori. I don't want to say that I dislike her because ~she likes a girl~ because I don't care about that; the fact that she's acting too possesive over Tamako is just ridiculous.
Has she ever heard Tamako's REAL thoughts about Mochizou? I don't think so since the girl is just too dull and probably shy to talk about her feelings. Maybe in the very bottom Tamako does see Mochizou as someone important more than a childhood friend, maybe she doesn't... idk, anything could happen.
But the fact that Midori is cockblocking/bullying him is just stupid... And Mochizou being all shy doesn't help at all /sigh
Feb 8, 2013 10:03 AM
Feb 2012
It looks like I'm slowly getting used to this show, because to be honest I enjoyed this week's episode.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Feb 8, 2013 10:16 AM

May 2012
aww lovely episode:3
Tamako so cute~
romance developes?
Feb 8, 2013 11:35 AM

Jun 2009
I love this light-hearted show. The chances of getting a proper ending here are low, but I don't care. I always get a smile on my face watching this show so I have no complaints. Mochizou and Midore fighting over Tamaka was inevitable,but the fight wasn't that fierce ( what you would expect from this show ). I see Midori falling for Mochizou though, but then again there is also a high chance that the producers do nothing about the romance in this anime. I think it will be pushed to the background. No worries. This show is still awesome as a slice of live anime.

Dera is getting more awesome per episode.
Feb 8, 2013 11:46 AM

Nov 2008
I started watching today, now I can't wait for next week!

Not what I expected from KyAni, talking bird, yuri, and who knows what's to come?

Anyway I'm really enjoying this.
Feb 8, 2013 2:00 PM

Apr 2011
Hakuromatsu said:
Midori x Mochizou
Dera x Seagull
Tamako x Floatie

Show over.

That sums it up pretty much
Feb 8, 2013 4:06 PM

May 2012
mora404 said:
mutopis said:

I thought she went easier on him only after Tamako said she loved Midori. Not necessarily because she realized "only Tamako can choose who to love"... but because now Midori didn't feel threatened anymore.

To me it seemed more like she realized that they're both in for a rough time. And that Tamako's dense as a rock when it comes to relationships xD

Then, there's how I think that Midori realized that what she was doing would only hurt Tamako.

She's young and experiencing what's already an incredibly difficult emotion: love. And a love that isn't considered very natural at all in her society. Obviously she's going to do some really odd things.

Anyway, it won't go anywhere. They already confirmed that beforehand, saying that the romance will not go anywhere. This is about the bird.
Feb 8, 2013 4:33 PM

Jan 2013
If it's about the bird they better step it up. At this rate he will never find a bride for the Prince.
Feb 8, 2013 4:45 PM
Oct 2012
vampko said:
mora404 said:
mutopis said:

To me it seemed more like she realized that they're both in for a rough time. And that Tamako's dense as a rock when it comes to relationships xD

Then, there's how I think that Midori realized that what she was doing would only hurt Tamako.

She's young and experiencing what's already an incredibly difficult emotion: love. And a love that isn't considered very natural at all in her society. Obviously she's going to do some really odd things.

Anyway, it won't go anywhere. They already confirmed that beforehand, saying that the romance will not go anywhere. This is about the bird.

Its a shame that the romance is probably not going anywhere, and I really don't get all of Midori hate. Yeah, she was possesive and bitchy, but she's also dealing with the fact that she is in love with her friend, which is an "abnormal" love at that, she's only a teenager, and the fact that she has a rival now. Also, what's with all the "underhanded methods" talk? All is fair in love and war.
Feb 8, 2013 6:47 PM

May 2012
rederoin said:
Kurogashi said:

No Midori is frustrated for the boy, she wants him badly.
Feb 8, 2013 7:30 PM

Jul 2012
Decent episode as Dera is still awesome as usual. Should be interesting to see a triangle if there is going to be one.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Feb 8, 2013 8:12 PM

Oct 2012
More MidoTama next episode please. Heheheh.
Feb 8, 2013 9:36 PM

Jun 2012
Shyolk said:
More MidoTama next episode please. Heheheh.

>.>
<.<
Agreed *^*
Feb 8, 2013 10:30 PM

Sep 2010
Mochizou/Midori is gonna be endgame. Calling it now.
sauveterreFeb 8, 2013 10:39 PM
Feb 8, 2013 10:32 PM
May 2012
mochizou said:
I never liked Midori. I don't want to say that I dislike her because ~she likes a girl~ because I don't care about that; the fact that she's acting too possesive over Tamako is just ridiculous.
Has she ever heard Tamako's REAL thoughts about Mochizou? I don't think so since the girl is just too dull and probably shy to talk about her feelings. Maybe in the very bottom Tamako does see Mochizou as someone important more than a childhood friend, maybe she doesn't... idk, anything could happen.
But the fact that Midori is cockblocking/bullying him is just stupid... And Mochizou being all shy doesn't help at all /sigh

Awwwwww, give Midori a chance! Maybe theres something about her that we don't know yet.

Anyways, this show is great, as with everyone, I'm interested to see this awkward love triangle play out.

Solid 3.5/5 from me.
Feb 9, 2013 1:37 AM

Sep 2012
cockblock of the year award goes to tokiwa lol
Feb 9, 2013 2:04 AM

Nov 2011
TheGreat1s said:
rederoin said:
Kurogashi said:

No Midori is frustrated for the boy, she wants him badly.

You haven't been paying attention, have you?

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Feb 9, 2013 3:14 AM

May 2010
I really hope they resolve this romance stuff. It already seemed kinda difficult with Tamako being dense and Mochizou being too shy. Now Midori is being all posessive and sabotaging Mochizou's attempts at being closer with Tamako. That's no good..

Im thinking that this prince guy will finally show up and offer Tamako to be his bride or something. That would probably make Mochizou grow a pair and stop being so nervous. Or maybe it would go the opposite way and make him feel less worthy?

I was really loving this anime for its cute moe elements and the comedy. But a pointless romance would kind of kill it for me..
I like to draw. Check out my deviantArt profile below for my work.

http://brian12.deviantart.com/
Feb 9, 2013 3:18 PM

May 2011
Lol at that awkward looking thumbs up scene at the end. Wtf were they doing haha.

Don't really care who gets Tamako's love since it's just so cute to watch Midori and Mochizou acting like that.
Feb 10, 2013 5:14 AM
Dec 2012
LOL Mochizou and Midori fighting over Tamako XD
Feb 10, 2013 9:18 PM

Nov 2009
thank god for dera. he made up for this craptastic episode. i hate midori, hope she doesnt get any more screen time. also every character in this show wishes they could be as awesome as kanna.

actually i really just want a show about kanna

and dera
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 13, 2013 6:24 AM

Apr 2012
The whole shouting about their mochi shops to the fireworks was a little weird, but oh well.
Feb 13, 2013 10:38 AM

Oct 2012
cladinpink said:
The whole shouting about their mochi shops to the fireworks was a little weird, but oh well.

Yeah, is there something behind their action or was it just random?
Feb 13, 2013 2:21 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Davisx3m said:
cladinpink said:

Yeah, is there something behind their action or was it just random?
They are part of a small family owned business. Any free advertising is good advertising.
Feb 13, 2013 2:53 PM

Mar 2011
So behind...!

Good episode I thought, although I watched it last night while falling asleep but it was just right for that!
Feb 15, 2013 1:44 PM

Jan 2012
It seems Midori is blushing around Mochi, I actually think that Midori likes Mochi, she's trying to make it seem impossible for Mochi to confess to Tamako.
Feb 16, 2013 6:14 AM

Feb 2010
Midori x Mochizou = Please no.

Dera is a lot less annoying now! That's great.

I can't tell if Midori is lesbian for Tamako (I hope she is), a possessive control freak of a friend or has a thing for Mochizou.

Hoping for character development from Tamako and Mochizou though I seriously doubt it from Tamako, lol. She's very dense. It's cute sometimes but also kind of throws into Mary-Sue ville which I guess I shouldn't be too surprised by with this sort of anime.
Feb 20, 2013 6:38 PM

Oct 2012
Ajunky said:
I didn't quite like Midori's attitude. It's understandable that she's not OK with the prospective of Mochizou and Tamako dating, but who made her Tamako's spokeswoman? She didn't even know how she felt about him...
Only after she confirms with Tamako that she sees him as a friend that she gives him the OK to confess. >_> I've always hated underhanded girls...
Well, whatever, this is not a romance and it's done by Kyoani to boot. They won't get anywhere anyway.

Well, I kinda understand there are many girls like Midori.. I mean, they are, what, 12-13 years old? Such behavior is totally understandable in their age. She just have her as the best friend and don't wanna lose her to some boy (=she wants to be the only one Tamako confess to)
If this continues on Midori x Mochizou romance is very probable, they sure get very close just by talking about Tamako, it's just the way it goes (but I think KyoAni won't go any further in this anime --> no romances). Tamako on the other hand doesn't have a clue about boys and she don't think about them as love interest just yet (Anko is more experienced with love than her I have to say)

But overall, this was but mediocre and cliche episode though. Those scenes we have seen hundered times in many other animes and nothing special happened here to make a difference. No memorable scene this time.
Feb 20, 2013 6:45 PM

Sep 2012
Mich666 said:
But overall, this was but mediocre and cliche episode though. Those scenes we have seen hundered times in many other animes and nothing special happened here to make a difference. No memorable scene this time.
Actually I don't see that many anime depicts a girl "protecting" her best friend against an approach of a boy to the extent depicted in this episode. If you have seen it hundreds of times, perhaps you can let us know which anime do it - which should be easy as there should be hundreds of anime there according to you.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Feb 20, 2013 7:17 PM

Oct 2012
symbv said:
Actually I don't see that many anime depicts a girl "protecting" her best friend against an approach of a boy to the extent depicted in this episode. If you have seen it hundreds of times, perhaps you can let us know which anime do it - which should be easy as there should be hundreds of anime there according to you.

Just to be clear - she wasn't protecting HER, she was just selfishly protecting their relationship, privillege to be the first one on her list. Heck, she is in love with her in a way.

And relax, I was just talking about cliche scenes and story developement we have seen - swimming pool talk, trip to sea, girl x boy quarrel, reconciliation, traditional hanabi ending.. and some random scenes concerning that bird - everything was just ordinary stuff.

Every previous episode stand out in some way (whether by animation, moe, tidbits of daily life, sentiment, life's truth or just overall atmosphere) and this one was the first that (at least for me) doesn't do it, that's all.

I mean, everytime I just try to rate those episodes fairly based on previous parts and other shows and this one didn't flow quite well for me. Simply put - there wasn't any "magic" in the end like in previous eps. That doesn't say it was bad watch because it wasn't.
Mich666Feb 20, 2013 7:23 PM
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tamako Market Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Mar 6, 2013

178 by Assassin2112 »»
Mar 22, 8:09 PM

Poll: » Tamako Market Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 9, 2013

365 by Estefan »»
Mar 19, 10:54 AM

Poll: » Tamako Market Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 16, 2013

219 by HyperNova06 »»
Jan 24, 1:34 PM

Poll: » Tamako Market Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2013

224 by katakumplat »»
Jan 7, 12:53 AM

Poll: » Tamako Market Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2013

174 by katakumplat »»
Jan 4, 4:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.