Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 6, 2013 12:34 AM

Feb 2008
According to Monthly Shonen GanGan, manga "Saki: Achiga-hen episode of side-A" was announced to end in the next issue to be released on March 12th.

Source: Scan of GanGan
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Feb 6, 2013 12:43 AM

Dec 2011
Expected. Reaching the finals = merging with the main series, after all.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Feb 6, 2013 12:56 AM

May 2011
Ah well, it was fun ride.
Feb 6, 2013 1:28 AM

Oct 2007
Only two chapters left... Oh well, that was the whole purpose of Achiga-hen - giving backstory to other schools we'll see in finals.

I hope for miracle to happen. There has to be some way to change the fate.
Feb 6, 2013 2:34 AM

Jun 2008
Which means that the original Saki is finally reaching it's climax!

It's about time, the main problem with Saki is how much it seems to drag.
Feb 6, 2013 2:49 AM

Oct 2007
Nope. It simply means Achiga is ending. Original Saki has whole semifinal and final matches to get done (both should be ~30 chapters) and only after that supposedly last arc will start (Individuals). Unless Ritz decides do throw Miyanagas & co against the world of pros which would mean drawing Saki till the end of the world.
Feb 6, 2013 3:36 AM

Nov 2011
So only 1 more chapter to go.

Progeusz said:
Nope. It simply means Achiga is ending. Original Saki has whole semifinal and final matches to get done (both should be ~30 chapters) and only after that supposedly last arc will start (Individuals). Unless Ritz decides do throw Miyanagas & co against the world of pros which would mean drawing Saki till the end of the world.

Their also is some foreshadowing about the international tournament, as they where looking for players for the Japanese junior all-star team.

I doubt Ritz will be giving up on being be-able to draw half-naked little girls, butts, boobs and mahjong any time soon.
rederoinFeb 6, 2013 5:35 AM

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Feb 6, 2013 4:04 AM

Apr 2009
rederoin said:
Progeusz said:

Their also is some foreshadowing about the international tournament, as they where looking for players for the Japanese junior all-star team.

I doubt Ritz will be giving up on being be-able to draw half-naked little girls, butts, boobs and mahjong any time soon.

Japanese Junior allstars vs. Chinese Junior Allstars.
If that happens, Berserk will end before Saki is finished.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Feb 6, 2013 4:19 AM

Nov 2011
Nidhoeggr said:
rederoin said:
Progeusz said:

Japanese Junior allstars vs. Chinese Junior Allstars.
If that happens, Berserk will end before Saki is finished.

That will only be the finals.
I'm sure their are some other countries for Saki to crus.. I mean play against.

After that we still got the pro's for Saki to play against(kokaji, whoever is the strongest mahjong player in the world) etc..

Feb 6, 2013 4:28 AM

Sep 2012
Yeah, we have seen few foreshadowing of an international tournament. I so want to see Touka in her serious mode in it.

Achiga Hen was a good ride. Building up the tension for the final as expected.
Feb 6, 2013 4:54 AM

Dec 2011
Unless Touka gains control over her abilities there's no way she's ever going to be an international level player.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Feb 6, 2013 5:16 AM

Oct 2010
Does that mean Saki will go back to monthly content? Please say yes...
Feb 6, 2013 5:21 AM

Nov 2011
mlcdl said:
Does that mean Saki will go back to monthly content? Please say yes...

As far as I know, Saki has never been monthly. Its bi-monthly with a lot of breaks(even before Achiga started).

Feb 6, 2013 6:51 AM
Sep 2012
Aww. I was hoping for more out of both series.
Feb 6, 2013 8:34 AM

Sep 2009
So Achiga anime really would cover all the manga. Good. And I hope main Saki manga won't drag sop much after.
Feb 6, 2013 10:43 AM

Nov 2008
oh well another that goes then again not that i read it or anything.
Feb 6, 2013 1:41 PM

Jun 2012
I'm really happy about this ._.
I hope that the original Saki can progress further :3
Feb 6, 2013 2:49 PM

Nov 2009
I will stay hyped up for Saki's second season after this is over. :D
MagicFlierFeb 6, 2013 10:32 PM
Feb 6, 2013 3:35 PM

Oct 2012
JustALEX said:

Not necessarily. We still haven't figured out the reason Saki and Teru are fighting and that mysterious girl. Plus, like others have said, there still are individuals, but depending on Ritz, she may or may not do it.

Feb 6, 2013 3:52 PM

Nov 2011
Takei_Hisa said:
JustALEX said:

Not necessarily. We still haven't figured out the reason Saki and Teru are fighting and that mysterious girl. Plus, like others have said, there still are individuals, but depending on Ritz, she may or may not do it.

She will, otherwise Teru and Saki won't face eachother.

Feb 6, 2013 10:30 PM

Oct 2012
rederoin said:
Takei_Hisa said:
JustALEX said:

Was the Individuals Arc in the anime considered canon? I only remember Ritz kinda mentioned it in the Saki manga but I wasn't sure...

Feb 7, 2013 2:14 AM

Nov 2011
Takei_Hisa said:
rederoin said:
Takei_Hisa said:
JustALEX said:

Was the Individuals Arc in the anime considered canon? I only remember Ritz kinda mentioned it in the Saki manga but I wasn't sure...

I think so. Not 100% sure on it though.

But Saki using her 0+/- playstyle in the individuals is mentioned in the manga by the opposing schools.

Feb 7, 2013 9:46 AM

Oct 2007
rederoin said:
But Saki using her 0+/- playstyle in the individuals is mentioned in the manga by the opposing schools.
I think we should treat it as Ritz confirming individuals to be canon.
Feb 12, 2013 2:27 AM

Nov 2011
It was rather obvious this was going to end soon though, everybody knew this manga would end after the semi's.

Progeusz said:
rederoin said:
I think we should treat it as Ritz confirming individuals to be canon.

I thought he was talking about who advanced to the nationals in the individuals tournament.

Then again, why else would Mihoko be in Tokyo(aside from tribbing sessions with Hisa)?

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production

DatRandomDude - 21 minutes ago

2 by Yudesei »»
2 minutes ago

» 'Look Back' Unveils Additional Staff, Trailer

DatRandomDude - Apr 16

23 by 3inPunisher »»
3 hours ago

» 'Elf-san wa Yaserarenai.' Unveils Production Staff, First Promo

DatRandomDude - Today

10 by DylanVSAnimez »»
5 hours ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - 9 hours ago

3 by eli_shmeli »»
8 hours ago

» 'Katsute Mahou Shoujo to Aku wa Tekitai shiteita.' Reveals Additional Cast, Second Promo

Doshigatai - Today

3 by JehadKun »»
Today, 8:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.