Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 1, 2007 11:10 AM
Sep 2006
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Very good episode in my opinion. They wrapped things up just fine and it felt like a good finale. I can hardly wait for season four now!

If anyone has any info about S4, please share!
Oct 1, 2007 11:20 AM

Aug 2007
Are they really coming out with a season four?

Oct 1, 2007 8:05 PM

Jul 2007
If they didn't then all hell would break loose :P
[center]
Nov 3, 2007 1:17 AM

Oct 2007
Better be a season 4. lol.
Aug 21, 2009 11:10 AM

Oct 2008
best season ive seen from the three seasons now up to season 4!
9/10
Dec 16, 2009 10:19 PM

Apr 2008
lol, now I feel bad for saying this considering the person above me says the complete opposite, but this was my least favorite of the 3 so far. 1&2 were excellent, but this one just felt weird. I loved it, nonetheless. The ending always gets me sad. I absolutely love that song, though. I wish Goro would just get together with Shimizu already. Oh well, it'll prolly happen eventually. I'm sooooooooooo glad I still have 2 seasons to catch up on. I rly rly rly love this show. Long live Majorrrr. =P
May 16, 2010 11:58 PM

Sep 2008
The season was not as good because they left too many things out. Miho should have hooked up with Goro, but I feel that if he had a girlfriend, it would only hamper him since he has a lot to do with his life still. Plus, his new teammates were pretty 2d.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 18, 2010 4:04 AM

Sep 2008
eh surprised most of you think this is more worse than 2 first season, IMO this is more better than the first two. And this season at least make a match interesting, unlike the first two season, where the match is always lame and predictable, on this season they make the match interesting even it still predictable but at least they have better set-up and device for the match.

And this time I'm very like the teammates of Goro,
Taiga and Tashiro is the best teammates Goro ever had in my sight, not sure why... But those two really make Goro shine...

Tashiro seems like "Soulmate" of Goro, he not always agree to Goro but in the end he is the man who know the best of Goro and wants. And he more loud than Komori or Sato =p

And Taiga play the role as kouhai who finds out and show to us why Goro is interesting lead.

Last but not least Miho is hot ! <3

7/10 from me
still have many flaw, but this season still more entertaining and fleshed out than the two first season.

And for overall, Major series is not on my list for "the best" but this series is one of the most enjoyable anime I ever watch.
Sep 28, 2011 7:35 AM
Jul 2018
I enjoyed this a lot more than the first 2 seasons.
Jan 24, 2012 4:49 AM
Apr 2011
I still think first season was the best, but this season wasn't that bad. Had to put up with the annoying change in personalities for Toshiya and Goro but yeah that's bout it. Interested in seeing the new season with Goro playing in America where baseball is played slightly different. But it'll be sad cause that means we don't get to see anymore of his old teammates unless he goes back to Japan. Will really miss Komori and Taiga! ):

I hope that he will join some decent team that actually has a good coach who will further his abilities. The one year he was in Seishuu, he didn't really progress much in terms of ability so I hope he will really train in America and go back to Japan being much stronger :)
devilzzyJan 24, 2012 5:31 AM
Feb 27, 2012 6:45 PM

Nov 2007
It's not the best series in the world, but it's the most enjoyable. This defines Major pretty well.

I agree with some of the guys here that S3 is worse than 1 and 2 because, in my opinion, lacks drama and good character development, but the games still have much more emotion, though is not fair to compare little league with high school games, even in an anime the level make a huge difference, of course the second option has more possibilities of bringing some surprises.
"A lesser man might call it a day and bask in the echoing voices of cheer and celebration. A lesser man might delight in the moment, knowing he's the ultimate hero, a benevolent Big Brother to all and an inspirational light of hope in the darkest of times.

But Superman is not a lesser man. He renews his vigorous patrol of our world for wherever the battle for trust and justice must be fought, Superman will be there.
Forever...and always."- Superman #150
Apr 10, 2013 1:03 PM
Jul 2018
Finally over, that was a painful watch but looking forward to the next season.
Jun 2, 2013 10:56 PM

Sep 2012
I think I liked S2 a little better, but S3 was pretty good as well. What it lacked in character development (and of course, realism), it gained in more interesting, dramatic, suspenseful games (much less predictable), and some great new characters in Tashiro and Taiga. Wish Fuji had developed a bit more since he was supposed to be a "main character". Also wish the same for Miha, who really could have had a bigger role (maybe that's just my personal bias though because I liked her haha). Can't help but feel bad for Shimizu, who really deserves more attention from Goro, but ehh romance isn't this show's forte to say the least.

Hoping in S4, Goro matures more as a person. Hopefully games will be more of a struggle for him too. I know he can throw a 100 mph fastball now like Gibson, but you can't win consistently in the MLB with just a fastball, since hitters can just sit on it and crush it. Chances are he won't learn a new pitch because of his "ideals" and whatnot, so if they're gonna do that, make things tough on him.
A match made in heaven set the fires in hell
Jun 29, 2013 1:17 AM

Jul 2008
Yeah you have to throw realism aside with this show. I am kind of glad Goro lost. He can't do everything alone despite being a monster.

And you'd think he'd learn some humility and then he decides to go for MLB. Typical.

I really hope he learns some more pitches. Its fine if your fastball is your best pitch, but he needs more.
Jun 29, 2013 1:59 AM

Jun 2013
Man. This is one of those episodes that sucked Major S. Go Goro, show us a knuckleball!
Jul 15, 2013 11:43 PM

Aug 2008
I also like this season more than season 3. But the first one is still the best!

And of course Goro is Honda Goro! :)
Dec 10, 2013 2:36 AM

Aug 2009
I liked the last episode. so off to America he goes. what await him there? Season 4 here I come!
8/10 for Season 3. I enjoyed it every step of the way even when Toshi got on my nerves. lol

Dec 23, 2013 2:46 PM

Jul 2012
Play the game~ ♪ I love the OP.

Solid season. A bit too unrealistic and frustrating at times, but I liked the character development throughout. 8/10
Mar 19, 2014 3:32 AM

Dec 2012
Damn, he finally reached 100mph at the end! I have a feeling America is going to be too much for Goro right now, but only the next season will tell.

Another enjoyable season. Although the whole "underdog team on the verge of collapse" premise is being done into the ground, I still haven't grown tired of it (although if they keep doing it...). The game with Kaido was probably the strongest part of this season and arguably this series as well, especially considering how far Goro has come. This final episode wrapped things up nicely and it looks like season 4 will be a fresh start.

A solid 8/10 to compliment the previous seasons.
May 29, 2014 11:39 PM

May 2014
Katagari said:
Finally over, that was a painful watch but looking forward to the next season.

^ AGREE. It was all shitty at its first eps, but after seeing it until the end I can't say that this was not fulfulling as S1 and S2.

Oh, Mayumura was recruited by the Oceans? If Goro did not refuse them, I think Mayumura and Goro can be buddies like Shigeno Hideki and Honda Shigeharu.

Excited for the S4! Looking forward to Goro's engrish! Kyaa! Morikubo-san! XD
Sep 15, 2014 6:46 AM

Sep 2013
I didnt liked this season that much. Again, there was a lot of luck involved in the games and they recycled things again good thing I dont need to wait for a fourth season like the first few posters.

Its seems Goro made it through the tryouts. 100 miles! holy crap.

7/10
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Sep 26, 2014 10:49 AM

Apr 2013
This was a fun season. The injury definitely made things "tougher" and added to the plot, but it was annoying at times too. I am glad to see Goro finally "lose" but he was a Brostar until the very end. I'm looking forward to Goro in America doin' work.

I really want him and Shimizu to hook up already. It is taking too damn long!!
Oct 31, 2014 2:26 PM

Jan 2013
The first scene where he got his cast off and embraced his leg, that was hilarious ! :D
This season was not as great as the first 2, but still enjoyable.
8/10 for me.
Jan 2, 2015 1:43 PM

Nov 2009
Not really as fun as the first season . . . And don't think I loved the characters as much this season either, but overall it was another good season. I just hope that it keeps "reality" in check at least to where it is now . . . Don't wanna see some ridiculous steroid fueled baseball being played in America next season. Also just a side not, if he plays for the Oceans I'm actually kind of hoping that he will wear his own father's uniform, kind of sad seeing him disappear (I mean that is realistic), he was probably my favorite character.
Jan 2, 2015 10:39 PM

Feb 2013
I've cried, I've screamed, my heart had hurt of distress at various moments and I have had lots of small panic attacks in some episodes but, this is still plenty. When I watch a sports anime I usually expect a lot (since is my favorite genre) but with season 3 of Major I've got a whole lot more. Enjoyed this season way too much. Gorgeous.
busanJan 2, 2015 10:43 PM

Apr 15, 2015 6:53 PM

Aug 2013
For me, this was the least likable season of the three so far.

But let me say, I'm so glad that Kaidou had to RETURN the championship flag, they didn't deserve it at all! That was the best part of the whole season. If Gorou and Taiga could have played without any injuries, Seishuu would have won by a substantial margin.

I hope the next season will be better than this, more realistic, well-written and less exaggerated.
May 3, 2015 1:23 PM

Feb 2012
Injuries and a selfish idiot till the end, give me a break already!

Going to America, I hope things will get more interesting. The first season still remains the best in my opinion.
Jul 1, 2015 5:05 PM

Aug 2013
Sweet! Next season will be an engrish fest! That will be freaking hilarious! :D

Awwwn, poor Kaoru :|
The two fo them will end up forever alone if Goro keep being so dense!

Anyway, it was a nice way to wrap it up. This season was extremely inconsistent. The injury of Goro was a risky bet, and as any risky bet, it had its good and bad moment. Sometime it was super annoying to see him so powerless and pulling some asspull for the sake of the plot. Some other time, it made really badass moment, like those last pitches against Kaido.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jul 24, 2015 2:15 AM

Jun 2009
S2 > S1 > S3.

is goro going to get his attitude adjusted or not? find out next time...
Aug 8, 2015 3:08 AM

Jan 2013
There were at least 2 perfect chances for a love confession. I thought this season would progress it more.
Anyways, big change next season. Never seen a baseball anime continue past high school before.
8.75/10
Aug 23, 2015 7:17 PM

Feb 2008
Very weak start with a strong finish.

I feel like there were some stuff that should have happened that didn't happen. I would love if Tashiro actually got some kind of payoff for the hard work, like a scholarship to play baseball in college.
Oct 14, 2015 2:56 PM

Sep 2010
I like how this development feels (and probably was) planned from the very beginning. Appearance of Gibson so early in the story is one thing but let's not forget the title.

As for this season though... ah... (sigh). I already complained enough on each given episode so hopefully no more!...

Because for the next one, I am hyped. The possibility that Goro's team will finally be good isn't low. They won't pull out starts from zero type of thing again right? There is a limit on how much unreasonable that would be.

I wonder how will they solve the language problem because it would be weird if they pull off, Goro learned English so now everyone talks in japanese.
Nov 14, 2015 2:29 AM

Nov 2015
The last few seconds after the ed of memories when Goro smashed the American players wooden bat ;)

By the way, Gibson doesn't sound the least American
Dec 22, 2015 11:32 PM

Mar 2015
I like how Gibson is staying in the league at his age to compete with Goro.
Crazy how he ditched the pros and going to Majors already..idiotic but thats Goro I guess. Expecting allot of development for him next season.
Feb 28, 2016 11:57 PM
Jan 2016
S2 > S1 > S3

needs more romance
Apr 23, 2016 7:50 AM

Feb 2013
America is gonna be a big challenge.
Aug 19, 2016 11:09 PM

Feb 2010
Early and mid sections of this season were pretty damn annoying compared to the steller 1st and 2nd seasons, but last part of the Kaido game and the transition into the next season was nice.

Sep 4, 2016 11:12 AM

Feb 2008
On the bright side, Kaido won the tournament, since even if Seishu beat Kaido, they'd get disqualified next round because of lack of players. Even when the main guys win in that situation, I have to feel bad for the other team if the winner can't continue properly.

Overall it was the weakest season, but not by far. I liked that it was dealing with the injury, but they were really pushing the suspension of disbelief. Mere painkillers don't stop the foot from getting worse. He made it out too good in the end.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Feb 16, 2017 6:57 AM

Jul 2015
Best season so far for me. Kaido returned the championship flag and I am really glad about it. Imagine what reaction of the committee when an injured player make Kaido into extra inning almost by himself.

I am glad he set his journey again and this time, he is going to a country where baseball born.

Another ending of Major, another farewell to Shimizu and now his parents too ;__; .
Goro has been really grown on me this past week. Really enjoyable MC.

Time to go for Season 4. A new journey is ahead.
Jan 3, 2018 3:16 PM

Nov 2016
Probably the weakest season so far,but still very good,the premise of building a team from scratch is always working for me.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 8, 2018 9:15 PM
Jan 2016
8.5-9 / 10

Best season of the first 3 seasons, more realistic no undisputed honda and ass pulls.
May 18, 2018 9:24 PM

Jul 2016
So ends the journey of Major Season 3. Here I was going to give the show a rest and move onto something else.. but the last several episodes were so damn good that I now cannot wait to watch season 4!

Was going to give the series a 7/10, but the show REALLY turned itself around, so 8/10.
Mar 14, 2019 2:04 PM

Oct 2013
Good season. I like how Goro meets alot of other baseball players. And in the end all of them will meet again.

Cause of the movie I already had to know that Goro will leave to America.

Im sure he will learn some new plays. And after coming back to Japan Goro will finish every opponent he meets!

Kinda sad... another Goodbye of Goro. That happens quiet often. But where ever Goro goes, he always meets people which will start to like Goro.

Major knows how to set up a great world with alot of sympathetic characters.

Wondering if Goro will meet his guys of the baseball team Seishuu again.

That Goodbye was sad. Shigeno, Momoko and Shimizu really love Honda. I hope they will meet again.

I love the very last minutes of every season. Playing the opening theme again and showing some old pictures. Good vibes!

Goro is changing every season bit by bit. Im sure he will be back from America as a new man! In America hes going to learn alot of stuff. And Im sure it will be though.

Season 4!
NevixxMar 14, 2019 2:07 PM
My only regret is having regrets!
Apr 4, 2019 1:46 PM

Jul 2014
This season was weaker than the first two. I would have liked seeing Gorou getting back to the basics, bonding with his new teammates and getting stronger together, instead of him being selfish and careless with his injury while still saving the day like he's Captain Tsubasa. That's not what I expect from Major. Plus Gorou got lucky in basically every game, he won because of his opponents pride, they wanted to face him instead of bunting or walking him to ensure their victory. At least he lost against Kaido, that makes sense, that's what I wanted but it was still frustrating to see him lose after such a long -too long- game. It feels like this whole season was for nothing, Gorou didn't achieve his dream and he didn't even learn a new pitch.

This season also lacked interesting characters. We didn't see much of the usual ones (Komori, Satou, Kaoru...) and the new ones didn't really shine besides maybe Tashiro and Taiga, who's still a pain in the ass most of the time. Even the opponents were forgettable and Egashira is just too damn evil, he acts like a supervillain, it's ridiculous.
Aug 7, 2019 3:45 AM

Nov 2010
And as before, the theme of the season is wasted. The whole point throughout the season was his sacrifice, his choice of sacrificing his professional future for something he valued in the present. (Which I think is a relatively silly message and a little irresponsible to glorify it, but that is another issue)

And look at how cheap that sacrifice was. Look at how meaningless the hard choice to prioritize his match with Kaido was. There is no consequence, the show ends and his life is almost unaffected by his sacrifice. That was no sacrifice at all, it was a plot device used to justify his power level fluctuations and a mechanism to milk cheap emotions with no actual real payoff when all is said and done. At one point if he throws more than 30 pitches he will stop having a career and by the end (even though the doctor said his foot was not getting any better) he is throwing for 12/13 innings against the best team in the country and it does not affect his professional future.

Poor season, weaker than the previous two. God, also, what was that cringe with Egashira, did he have a stroke and turn into a drooling Dr. Evil? It stood out like a sore thumb in an anime that generally grounds itself in mild, realistic characters.

This season having 8.35 on MAL is an absolute joke.
Dec 10, 2019 5:04 PM

Aug 2008
I simply do not get the praise this show gets. Flat characters give me no interest in their struggles. Gorou is the usual arrogant ass who I simply can't support. This show might as well be Red Team vs. Blue Team for all the interest I had as no one had enough development besides Gorou (kinda) who is so self absorbed to be unlikable. This wasn't as terrible as the previous season as Gorou wasn't quite as irritating but hardly anything of praise. Show even keeps that Shimizu girl around for who I assume is a long term love interest but of course is completely ignored by both Gorou and the writers. 5/10 from me. Guess I continue to rate shows high...
Dec 26, 2019 3:23 PM

Jun 2012
This season was really disappointing. I hated how there was no real consequence for Goro constantly freezing his foot. He shouldnt be able to play professionally anymore. He went over 30 pitches all the time. If they were planning on making Goro play all 9 innings (at best 81 pitches) they shouldnt have made the injury sound so bad. Cause it just feels so unrealistic. And Every game I constantly questioned the adults in this show especially the dumb english teacher. Japanese spirit can only carry you so far. Why did they keep letting him play when clearly he was pushing himself too far. He should be a cripple the way he was playing. I was even questioning if I liked Goro as a main character anymore. He's way too reckless and headstrong for my liking. And people were constantly saying to Goro youre taking baseball too lightly. But the entire show takes it too lightly. How does some random teenagers with roughly 6 months of training take on kaidou's main team; who are not only the cream of the crop but theyve been training for years. I feel like Toshi should have become the deuteragonist at some point. Really disappointing. I hope theres no more injury shenanigans in the later seasons. At least to this degree.
Feb 28, 2020 3:30 PM

Dec 2019
Goro off to america, i was expecting a farewell kiss at the end but of course it won't happen :<
                                                         🖤   

Jul 29, 2020 6:34 PM

Dec 2007
the recap at the start was very excepted, i'm glad they fast-forward it.
and i was afraid of the only shimizu moment will be in the beginning, they didn't disappointed me and put another in the end.
i'm happy the made goro going america, i think it would be very plain if he would stay in japan for the pro league, after all that's what about the name of the series...

now about the season, i found it much more enjoyable and better than the 2nd, but the 1st still holds a warm place in my heart, i wonder if there'll be season to be like that again.
Oct 17, 2021 3:26 PM

Jul 2015
Not a big fan of this season, felt way too unrealistic (even as an anime) especially with Goro carrying the subpar team constantly despite his leg injury. In previous season at least he had some capable teammates to defeat the strong teams. However I do appreciate Goro's team isn't suddenly above-average but still realistically rookies and also the neat to see tactics and teamplays during the matches were cool.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Major S3 Episode 25 Discussion

Xinil - Sep 27, 2007

36 by unclearjustice »»
Dec 15, 2023 12:49 PM

Poll: » Major S3 Episode 23 Discussion

hyakuiro - Aug 26, 2007

21 by unclearjustice »»
Dec 15, 2023 12:48 PM

Poll: » Major S3 Episode 3 Discussion

Xinil - Feb 14, 2007

34 by Bigdog77778 »»
Oct 27, 2022 1:35 PM

Poll: » Major S3 Episode 2 Discussion

Xinil - Feb 4, 2007

30 by Bigdog77778 »»
Oct 26, 2022 12:57 PM

Poll: » Major S3 Episode 19 Discussion

HawthorneKitty - May 16, 2010

28 by Arshj »»
Apr 22, 2022 5:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.