Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 3, 2008 8:59 AM
Feb 2007
THIS IS AN MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
So Reika is going to kill Kei so he forgets Tae... cause of course that'll work...
Dec 3, 2008 9:48 AM

Oct 2007
i wonder if she makes a second kuruno appear O_o
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 3, 2008 9:53 AM

May 2007
I wonder what Oku is he doing with the last chapters. This one is completly bad !

Dec 3, 2008 11:49 AM

Dec 2007
where is my dose of action, gore and sex???
why did he revive this stupid crybaby girl?..
I wish Kei was with Reika instead of Tae...
Peralisc said:

me too wonder, second Kurono to appear or this one dies...
to kill or not to kill <_<
Dec 3, 2008 12:03 PM
Jun 2007
Peralisc said:

then that would be a major, MAJOR WTF development in the series. this just confuses the hell out of me since this just bends the rule of Gantz. Killing Kurono then reviving him after she gets 100 points won't work since the Kurono that will be revived is the one from the Oni Mission (which still has a recollection of Tae).
Dec 3, 2008 1:14 PM

Dec 2007
Avarice said:
Peralisc said:

then that would be a major, MAJOR WTF development in the series. this just confuses the hell out of me since this just bends the rule of Gantz. Killing Kurono then reviving him after she gets 100 points won't work since the Kurono that will be revived is the one from the Oni Mission (which still has a recollection of Tae).

I hope Oku won't develop any new Gantz skill like erasing memory or chose between different versions of Kurono...
"which one do you like, current built or the previous one without Tae patch..." <__<
Dec 3, 2008 1:23 PM

Oct 2008
Even as a guy rooting for Kurono to hook up with Reika, this chapter was pretty lame. First off the chapters are short enough already without multiple pages dedicated to um, ah, yeah. Secondly, Kurono what is your problem, she offers to spend the night and you shoot her down? I want the Kurono from the Buddah mission back, he definitely would have taken her up on that. I don't quite understand her plan, but if it ends up with them together then I don't really care, that would be sweet.
Dec 3, 2008 2:26 PM
Apr 2008
well imagine this

1 second kurono is revived for reika
2 kurono getss 100 and beings back the only one of the original 3 yet to come back kishimoto big boobs

3 kato big man hooks up with ORIGINAL kishimoto
4 two kishimotos + two kurono 's wow serious
Dec 3, 2008 2:34 PM
Jun 2007
Shin-kun said:
well imagine this

1 second kurono is revived for reika
2 kurono getss 100 and beings back the only one of the original 3 yet to come back kishimoto big boobs

3 kato big man hooks up with ORIGINAL kishimoto
4 two kishimotos + two kurono 's wow serious

you forgot steps 5 & 6

5. ??????
6. PROFIT!
Dec 3, 2008 3:18 PM

Oct 2007
This is seriously messed up and what about this revive Kurono bullshit? I just want Oku to get the story back on track with the Gantz ball factory and some character development.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 3, 2008 3:55 PM

Sep 2008
You know the whole time I've been reading Gantz I've been bitching about Kei and how he treats women like shit and doesn't deserve anything, but finally he gets a girl who is actually worthwhile and he keeps throwing it back in her face; kudos for the loyalty to tae though; on another note Reika seems to be acting abit out of character, her desperation at the moment is alarming.
Dec 3, 2008 6:52 PM

Jun 2008
Is it just me, or is Gantz going downhill, fast? 3 days left until the whole world gets destroyed, and the author starts up what seems to be a new arc of some sort? You can't just get 100 points in 3 days, unless he puts in some serious alien fighting, which lately, hasn't even been that great. I really want Phase-1 back, when Korouno actually had balls and was a badass, and the monsters didn't regenerate and regenerate for a arc that lasts a year.

It seems that if Gantz doesn't pick up the pace, and contenues this downward spiral it's on, it will be reduced to the sienen counterpart to Dragonball Z. (long, god damn drawn out battles, and in between shitty character development)

I sure hope the author gets back to what Gantz (before the bullshit Osaka arc at least) is about - killing aliens, kicking ass, and showing tits.
I'm back.
Dec 3, 2008 10:03 PM

Oct 2008
I agree. Gantz hasn’t been quite as enjoyable to me since Phase 1, but that’s just due to the fact that Kurono has been gone. Now that he is back I assume it will pick right back up soon enough. I find the new mature Kurono less interesting than the horny badass he was before Tae came along, but he still has yet to disappoint during a battle.

I am very intrigued by the Gantz factory and the “Katastrophe”. I would really like to see those stories develop soon, but first I want to see a new mission. I know it has only been like nine chapters since the last one, but it’s been about seventy since we got to see Kurono take part.
Dec 4, 2008 1:30 AM

Jun 2008
Whoa, Reika's gone off the deep end, I was thinking about a second Kurono appearing too. I hope that's not the case. I'd like to get to truth of the Factory and the World's end too.
Dec 4, 2008 8:31 AM

Oct 2007
Avarice said:
Peralisc said:

Dont forget that more than one of the same person can exist. So i really think she will try and creat a second one, as it IS possible. Human beings are like data to Gantz, he can paste as many as he wants!
Dec 4, 2008 12:55 PM
Jun 2007
Friendlysoul said:
Avarice said:
Peralisc said:

Dont forget that more than one of the same person can exist. So i really think she will try and creat a second one, as it IS possible. Human beings are like data to Gantz, he can paste as many as he wants!

I'm quite aware that more than one person can exist at the same time; the one sent to the missions by the Gantz ball and the copy created to replace the person who just died. that's 2 but there hasn't been any instance or indication that 3 is a possibility. Iahel mentioned the idea that there could be patches of Kurono stored in Gantz data bank (the Kurono before he met Tae). though that line is quite vague at the moment so we'll have to wait and see how Reika actually plans to carry her plan out.

Sick-Bastard said:
Is it just me, or is Gantz going downhill, fast? 3 days left until the whole world gets destroyed, and the author starts up what seems to be a new arc of some sort? You can't just get 100 points in 3 days, unless he puts in some serious alien fighting, which lately, hasn't even been that great. I really want Phase-1 back, when Korouno actually had balls and was a badass, and the monsters didn't regenerate and regenerate for a arc that lasts a year.

It seems that if Gantz doesn't pick up the pace, and contenues this downward spiral it's on, it will be reduced to the sienen counterpart to Dragonball Z. (long, god damn drawn out battles, and in between shitty character development)

I sure hope the author gets back to what Gantz (before the bullshit Osaka arc at least) is about - killing aliens, kicking ass, and showing tits.

I'm in the same boat as you. Phase 2 just pales in comparison to Phase 1. though this could be attributed to reading weekly releases instead of reading in bunches. the weekly releases feel shorter and the breaks in between are longer so that detract from the readers' enjoyment of Gantz. mind you, reading the entire Osaka Arc in one go was much more enjoyable.

BeckMCS said:

I am very intrigued by the Gantz factory and the “Katastrophe”.

I don't know about the factory but Katastrophe could be Kurono blowing his chance to finally plug Reika. xD
avrcDec 4, 2008 2:11 PM
Dec 4, 2008 2:10 PM
Dec 5, 2008 10:17 AM

Sep 2007
Saty666 said:
I think Reika will just die soon!!!

I agree. I believe that she just signed her death wish when she said she wanted to create a second Kurono. I believe that her plan is to create another Kurono and say that one has Tae already, and hopes that the second Kurono will like her since she now knows Kurono likes her more, but is bound to Tae. Overall, I believe that Reika will die, and we will never know.

On a side note, I must say that I never did like Tae and wish that Kurono was with Reika. However, now they are trying to make Reika look crazy, and everyone knows that if someone becomes overly obsessed they are going to die.
HNSeijinDec 5, 2008 10:21 AM
Dec 7, 2008 12:44 AM
Dec 2008
skygtr said:
THIS IS AN MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
So Reika is going to kill Kei so he forgets Tae... cause of course that'll work...

lol I don't think that's what she wanted to do, she's just gonna wish for a second kurono. The gantz people are only data copies after all.
Dec 7, 2008 12:47 AM
Dec 2008
Sick-Bastard said:

yeah but remember the oni mission almost everyone got a hundred on that mission and the next mission could include a 100 pointer.
Dec 8, 2008 12:44 PM

Apr 2007
now I want Reika to kill Kurono :D
逃げちゃ駄目だ。
Dec 9, 2008 7:47 AM

Jan 2008
Reika is actually one of my favorite characers, but if she's gonna make something stupid happen in the story, this opinion will definitely change.

Although I do wish for Kurono x Reika, I just think it's not really possible with Tae there and they should just move on.
Dec 9, 2008 5:21 PM

Aug 2007
They should kill Tae. Although it'll be very, very hard since she's been revived, killing her a second time will lose meaning.....

I want Kurono to be the horny badass dog he once was!
Dec 12, 2008 4:04 AM

Oct 2007
things changed after he got laid XD
Dec 12, 2008 4:14 AM
Jul 2008
this is too much.I mean really???
I hope she never gets a 100 points.
Dec 13, 2008 10:36 PM

Sep 2007
Hey, you know what they say about a woman scorned....?
I for one, prefer the sweet Tae over Reika.I don't really like people who have never been told no. Reika has never heard the word - probably. I think Reika's love, is more hero worship - then actual love. I feel like Tae really loves Kei, for who he is, and she doesn't even remember all the things they've gone through. Plus I haven't really trusted Reika moral character, ever since the Oni battle. When she told everyone to ignore the innocent bystanders. Because they had to save themselves.
But more to the point - and the real story- I can't wait to find out what happens in Germany though. Germans - Going from making great cars -- To huge black balls. I didn't see that coming!
Feb 14, 2009 1:53 PM

Jun 2008
ka-chan said:
Hey, you know what they say about a woman scorned....?
I for one, prefer the sweet Tae over Reika.I don't really like people who have never been told no. Reika has never heard the word - probably. I think Reika's love, is more hero worship - then actual love. I feel like Tae really loves Kei, for who he is, and she doesn't even remember all the things they've gone through. Plus I haven't really trusted Reika moral character, ever since the Oni battle. When she told everyone to ignore the innocent bystanders. Because they had to save themselves.
But more to the point - and the real story- I can't wait to find out what happens in Germany though. Germans - Going from making great cars -- To huge black balls. I didn't see that coming!

Yay. I'm glad I'm not the only one who likes Tae and wants him to stay with her. I used to like Reika too but now she's acting like an idiot
Jun 7, 2009 3:45 AM

Nov 2007
She's going to ... wait ... what O_O? Bring another Kurono to life ... now that is a twist I didn't see coming.
Jun 8, 2010 1:19 PM

May 2009
Bitch is going crazy. She's going to revive the Kurono that was set free with his memories erased?

Sick_Bastard said:
I really want Phase-1 back, when Korouno actually had balls and was a badass, and the monsters didn't regenerate and regenerate for a arc that lasts a year.
Kurono was revived just a couple of chapters ago, he hasn't even gotten a chance to be badass yet. I think the reason why you didn't like the Osaka arc is because you read it over such a long period of time. I read it in a day and it was completely awesome!

Sick_Bastard said:
Didn't you just describe the Osaka arc? The 100 pointer had a body of naked women for crying out loud; not enough tits for you? There was plenty of alien slaughter and gore in that arc too, and they encountered the most powerful aliens yet.
Sep 28, 2010 9:23 AM

Jun 2008
WolfOfMibu said:
You know the whole time I've been reading Gantz I've been bitching about Kei and how he treats women like shit and doesn't deserve anything, but finally he gets a girl who is actually worthwhile and he keeps throwing it back in her face; kudos for the loyalty to tae though; on another note Reika seems to be acting abit out of character, her desperation at the moment is alarming.

And why is Tae not worthy? Just because she isn't a famous idol? She loves him, she takes care of him and tries to please him. She might not be a sex bomb but she's still cute. All of you guys preferring Reika for Kei have no other reason that her boobs and ass.
In a way a relationship with a woman like Reika would be more problematic even if she loves him as much as Tae does. Men will hit on her, she won't be there most of the time and even the risk of getting over him is higher. No time for cuddling in bed and cooking dinners with a woman like her.
I like Reika, she's hot and she seems nice but i like Tae too and i don't see why she should get her heart broken. In the end Reika has to move on and find someone else that will be good for her. That's the mature thing to do.
Nov 30, 2010 12:03 AM

Aug 2007
OMG you fool! I would soo bang Reika at that time! Or like tell her to come back later!
Jul 23, 2012 7:05 PM

Jul 2011
Reika I LOVE YOOOU!! Date mee!!!!
Shit I feel like just another random fan... -_-'

Kei is so damn lucky.... And faithful...
May 31, 2013 4:27 AM

May 2011
I want to be mad at Kei for not going out with Reika instead, but I can’t, since he’s doing the right thing. :S

Ah man... I kind of wish she does revive a second Kuruno, it’d be interesting in a twisted way. :D But the way this is going they’re probably going to kill her off soon--or do something even worse. I really hope that’s not the case... especially if they bring Kishimoto back afterwards. It’d be... hard to read then, to say the least.
Aug 11, 2013 9:54 AM

Nov 2009
So Reika wants to revive Kei again? I guess since they are originally just clones they really could make another one ... But two having to Kuronos ... That might not end well (hope they don't add anything stupid like Tae sees Kurono #2 with Reika and thinks it is Kurono #1 cheating on her) ... Anyways that is assuming it all works.
Feb 27, 2014 4:20 PM

Oct 2012
I hate some of the comments in this thread... Kurono is happy with Tae, just let him be. I wonder what she means with the revival though, it's weird...
Feb 26, 2015 6:56 PM

Feb 2015
Sigh... dsperation is never a good thing. But it would be interesting is another Kei appeared.
Sep 16, 2015 9:45 PM

Aug 2015
OK so I Like Reika...but that last page kinda freaks me out. SHE'S TOO OBSESSED WITH KURONO! Although I have to say if she does revive him there would be X2 AWESOMENESS! *also the revived one could also pick Tae, doesn't she know that possibility *
Mar 30, 2016 4:40 AM

Apr 2015
STUPID KURONO! What kind of an IDIOT turns down Reika!?
Apr 1, 2017 7:26 PM

Nov 2011
this author gives zero character to his female charas (even his males have next to zero) and then ups and gives the laziest design to tae and starts throwing the hottest chiks at kurono all so he can frustrate the reader,i mean you cant characterize for shit so at least design your males gf better 99% of cover girls are better designed ,and inb4 someone tells me i like style over substance what has tae done for the story or for kurono nothing no chara develeopement no addition so might as well be hot ,
- Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak.

- The biggest challenge in life is being yourself… In a world trying to make you like everyone else
Nov 7, 2017 11:27 AM

Apr 2016
Stupid bitch Reika
Nov 26, 2017 4:31 PM

Jun 2015
So finally Reika confesses to Kurono... but she gets rejected (if she has to fall for someone else be it Kaze, I like this guy, but not for Inaba, please! The guy is still a cunt). Wondering if he rejected her proposal because he's really sure on being with Tae for the long run or it was partly because she was coming over to make his dinner. What I'm feeling lately is that he's again a bit unsure in his relationship with Tae and feel a bit distanced apart from being happy to see her again after he was revived.

It was touching to see Reika's shedding tears after the meeting, but I feel she's getting now too obsessed about it and her last words... not sure what does that mean. She pretends to revive a 2nd Kurono? Is that even possible? She only has 2 points now, so she's not getting 100 anytime soon. Hell, in 3 days the catastrophe is coming and there may not be any points in play and the world ends. Or did she kill Kurono at his home and that's why she was saying that she would revive him? I'm aiming more towards the first.

My prediction in this matter is that in 3 days the world is breaking havoc and Tae will die in the process. So Kurono will then finally hook up with Reika.
Jan 2, 2020 8:42 AM

May 2016
Reika suddenly wanting to get a hundred points and "revive" Kurono again after getting rejected was very concerning. She's probably gonna try adding a new Kurono into the world and take him as her own. I feel bad for her but I'm also glad that Kurono was honest and remained loyal to Tae despite being one of the few who knows that the world might end very soon.

Mar 25, 2021 4:39 PM

Nov 2016
Oh damn, she's going to do something really stupid because of her selfishness.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 29, 2021 1:38 AM
Apr 2021
Don't mangaka-sama, I'm still Kei ❤️ Tae fan.
Oct 9, 2021 8:05 AM

Aug 2017
No, please don't do something stupid Reika..
Jun 13, 2022 5:46 PM
Feb 2022
Ame la cara de Tae XD. Te estoy mirando feo ._.
Pobre Reika. Como una idol puede tener a cualquier hombre que quiera, pero el único que quiere no puede tenerlo. El amor nos hace hacer tontearías. Así que, quiere hacer un Kurono para ella.
Sep 5, 2022 4:26 AM

Aug 2022
What does she mean revive him again?
Dec 22, 2022 8:52 AM
Jul 2020
Yeah she's lost it now. As soon as she confessed knowing that he's in a committed relationship I disliked her and now she just plans on getting herself a clone, she's a walking red flag lmao
There's not enough time anyways, she can die trying lol
Feb 14, 11:33 PM

Jan 2020
Revive again....that sure is a weird idea.....

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gantz Chapter 83 Discussion

becool - Jun 17, 2013

9 by Blazinnie »»
Apr 17, 7:31 PM

» Gantz Deluxe Edition

Mila91 - Apr 8

4 by Sagepool »»
Apr 8, 11:01 PM

Poll: » Gantz Chapter 22 Discussion

KitaTsuki - Nov 17, 2012

6 by selasgamer »»
Mar 29, 6:59 AM

Poll: » Gantz Chapter 21 Discussion

BackLashWave - Jan 14, 2012

6 by selasgamer »»
Mar 29, 6:54 AM

Poll: » Gantz Chapter 20 Discussion

KitaTsuki - Nov 17, 2012

6 by selasgamer »»
Mar 29, 6:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.