Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Chihayafuru
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Feb 1, 2013 9:26 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol, I loved watching Chihaya and her expressions this episode. So priceless. Another great episode. Some of the karuta matches were great although I didn't enjoy watching Sumire as much.

The towel scene was cute. Chihaya and Taichi :3

Stark700Feb 1, 2013 1:54 PM
Feb 1, 2013 12:36 PM

Feb 2012
This show never fails to be beautiful.
Feb 1, 2013 12:51 PM

Aug 2009
THIS SHOW IS THE BRIGHTNESS TO MY WEEK ! T u T

That Chihaya x Taichi moment! <3 <3 <3 <3 That towel scene! super cute! But it was also so funny how everyone threw their towel at him! XD

I DO believe Taichi does have the talent! Its just that he does have bad luck and does crack in the pressure T__T.
I love how amazing his character is though. Hes top of his class, always first place in every competition, GOOD LOOKING, you would think he is perfect, but I just love how they actually make him seem like a human as you can see his struggle with Karuta~ ^^

And kufufufufu.. I wonder what Arata's wish is!!!
TO MOVE BACK TO TOKYO?! (IN MY DREAMSSSSSSSSS XDD)
Chihaya and Taichi are doing so good right now! I dont need a cockblock ; ~;
Feb 1, 2013 12:55 PM
Jan 2012
That girl playing Taichi was a bit creepy lol.

Aww Chihaya actually noticed him sweating too, thought she'd be too focused on playing Karuta and winning.

Hopefully Taichi can move to Class A soon!
Feb 1, 2013 12:55 PM

Jan 2013
I laughed so much when they all through their towels at Taichi XD It just made my day.

Tachi and Chihaya are just so cute together!!! >_<
Feb 1, 2013 1:00 PM

Dec 2011
yoruno said:

Hopefully Taichi can move to Class A soon!

He deserves it, and if this episode is anything to judge by it could make him a better player in and of itself as well.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Feb 1, 2013 1:40 PM
Jun 2009
That towel scene made me laugh at first but then I wanted to DIE because it was so damn cute what Chihaya did >.< aaaagh why, anime, why are you doing this to me?! curse you, unfair love triangle!!!
the only anime that makes me go "KYAAAAA", it's embarassing.
Feb 1, 2013 2:27 PM

Mar 2011
Chihaya❤
>u<
Feb 1, 2013 3:05 PM

Nov 2008
Intense as always. And I'm not only talking about the match.
Feb 1, 2013 3:08 PM

Nov 2011
Aaaah, what an amazing episode! Echoes of Taichi vs. Porky and Kana vs. Desktomu in the first season, and the way it ended was fantastic. I find it so easy to get behind Taichi in situations like this - really gets me into an episode.

Chihaya's towel thing illustrates what a lot of people mistake about her. On the surface, she may appear to be focused on karuta to the point of selfishness, but whether she expresses her feelings through karuta or not, she really does care about other people an awful lot... particularly some people, it would appear :P
Feb 1, 2013 3:09 PM

Jun 2012
Oh Chihaya... Your face when you were giving your towel was priceless. Those two girls who were crying for Mashima because of his luck were funny.

This was a great episode focusing on how Mashima sees himself and applies it to Karuta. It makes a lot of sense what Harada said that how Mashima has the skill to be part of the top class but doesn't believe himself to be. All of the people around him including him have worked hard to be where they are but Taichi believes the people around him have natural gifts that he doesn't(Chihaya, Arata, The King, Queen etc) so his ability goes down as a result. Also what it means to be a leader I found interesting. While it's the leader's job to help support them when his fellow teammates are down he also needs to believe in them and not micro manage them.
Feb 1, 2013 3:14 PM

Jan 2012
I liked how Taichi pulled it together. This was a great match.

Feb 1, 2013 3:58 PM

Dec 2007
So far this is my favorite episode of the 2nd season, Taichi and the towels were funny! ^_^
Feb 1, 2013 4:20 PM

Aug 2012
Another fantastic episode. The way the point of view can switch from character to character while maintaining focus on one is executed so beautifully, and keeps you interested every second.

Towel scene was great.

So we can assume if Arata wins the individual high school championship he'll be moving back to Tokyo? Should set up an intense finals match in the future.
Feb 1, 2013 5:04 PM
Sep 2012
Another great episode. So glad that Taichi decided to focus on his game rather than keeping an eye on everyone else.That girl was really creepy. LOL The towel scene was pretty funny as in the end when Taichi was able to tell them how many cards were read and which ones. Everyone getting jealous at all the attention Taichi was getting was the most hilarious part for me.
Feb 1, 2013 5:09 PM
Jan 2013
Taichi is a fighter. He is my favorite character and he has proven his worth why he deserves our affection. Although he is good-looking, a straight A student and a well-rounded athlete his defeat and his one-sided feelings for Chihaya makes him more endearing because it enable us to see the depth of his character.

About Taichi making the class A in Karuta he still got a long way to go, I am making that estimation based on the manga. But I can't wait for it to come. Hopefully it'll be sooner than later.
Feb 1, 2013 5:35 PM

Nov 2007
Arata asking for a wish?

lol @ the women around the teacher is worried about Taichi with just no luck. And that Ace guy using what he knows about Taichi and Chihaya. lol @ Taichi's opponent. lol @ every girl including Chihaya giving Taichi handkerchief.
tsubasaloverFeb 2, 2013 4:16 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Feb 1, 2013 6:27 PM

Nov 2011
chinvincible... could you not say stuff about the manga in these threads in future? Please?
Feb 1, 2013 7:16 PM

Jul 2007
tsubasalover said:
Arata asking for a wish?

lol @ the women around the teacher is worried about Taichi with just no luck. And that Ace guy using what they know about Taichi and Chihaya. lol @ Taichi's opponent. lol @ every girl including Chihaya giving Taichi handkerchief.

Yeah lol. Taichi sure is popular!!! Damn i would hate it if he loses in the end in Karuta and with Chihaya. I want him to beat Arata at least in one of these two!!! Awesome episode as always. Chihayafuru keeps being beautiful <3
Feb 1, 2013 7:20 PM

Jun 2009
Now that is what I'm talking about!!
It's really amazing that Taichi has trained himself to memorize how many cards are left and such.

I liked how everyone threw him a towel b/c they knew he was in pain. Really like Taichi and it's not just because of his looks XD
Feb 1, 2013 7:47 PM

Mar 2012
Argh, these episodes always fly by and feel way too short.
Anyways, Taichi's a great, wonderfully-developed character and has always been my favorite character of the series. I really liked the focus on him this episode and the portrayal of his inner struggles.
That towel scene... I'm going to die of cuteness.
Feb 1, 2013 7:52 PM

Jul 2009
this guy finally caught a break holy.
Feb 1, 2013 8:06 PM

May 2012
Can't stop giggling when out of the many towels that Taichi received, he only took Chihaya.. haha.. Taichi x Chihaya forever!
Feb 1, 2013 8:17 PM

Aug 2012
TotalPotato said:
chinvincible... could you not say stuff about the manga in these threads in future? Please?

I second that...
Feb 1, 2013 9:25 PM

Aug 2010
WOW. That episode got my heart beating so fast!!
I was an avid Arata x Chihaya shipper last season but with this season I DON'T KNOW ANYMORE.

T-THAT TOWEL SCENE >//< HOLY CRAP
Feb 2, 2013 12:01 AM
Aug 2012
This was the best episode..........

Waiting to watch Taichi play with Arata.
Feb 2, 2013 1:09 AM
Mar 2011
nauticalblue said:
Argh, these episodes always fly by and feel way too short.
Anyways, Taichi's a great, wonderfully-developed character and has always been my favorite character of the series. I really liked the focus on him this episode and the portrayal of his inner struggles.
That towel scene... I'm going to die of cuteness.

yup always flies by. and its only 4 epis so far
"....i am the villain in this story"
Feb 2, 2013 1:50 AM

Jan 2012
Nice pink phone arata.
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Feb 2, 2013 2:08 AM

Sep 2012
NoobHunterD said:
Nice pink phone arata.

Pink is not a gir'ls color in Japan, it is just a color. Some of the most manly men in Japan wear bright pink yukata in summer. No big deal...
Feb 2, 2013 3:39 AM

Nov 2012
Good episode, lolz at people zooming in on Taichi's bad luck.
Would have been hilarious if others lost their matches. XD

Feb 2, 2013 4:45 AM

Oct 2010
GREAT episode. More Chihaya x Taichi moment. Poor Sumire... lol.

I'm rooting for Taichi. His efforts should be rewarded.

~ IA- Aria on the Planetes ~ Vocaloid V3 voiced by LiA (Clannad Afterstory, Angel Beats! theme song singer)
Feb 2, 2013 5:00 AM

Sep 2012
wishbook said:
GREAT episode. More Chihaya x Taichi moment. Poor Sumire... lol.

I'm rooting for Taichi. His efforts should be rewarded.

Chihaya x Arata, Taichi x Sumire, problems solved LOL
Feb 2, 2013 5:30 AM

Dec 2007
Why not go for a threesome. Taichi x Chihaya x Arata = OT3!

And yes to more screen time for Arata. Such adorable accent from him & family.

Lol @ the towel scene. I'm excited to watch their next match. The guys on the other teams were kinda bishies too.
Feb 2, 2013 5:48 AM
Nov 2007
This episode focused on Taichi. ^O^
and my favorie scene ... The towel scene

I think next week will be amazing as well with the Hokou guys lol
Feb 2, 2013 6:55 AM

Jan 2012
Hahah loved it when they all threw their towel at Taichi xD
Feb 2, 2013 7:25 AM

May 2011
Ahh, it was hard watching Taichi questioning himself. But then, of course, as is the nature of this series, I wanted to root for his opponent as well. D:

I have realized the only other series that gives me the depths of feeling like this this season is Uchuu Kyoudai. But that's okay, they are extraordinary.
Feb 2, 2013 7:50 AM

Nov 2007
Looks like Arata got his looks from his mom. She is beautiful!

Taichi x Towel x Chihaya moment was priceless! That expression on her face! ♥

Taichi doesn't even realize that he is one of the most talented ones out there himself! Class A when?!

Sumire-chan recognizing herself as a real member of Mizusawa Karuta club was also nice!

Damn! I cannot get enough of this anime! Why you so beautiful, Chihayafuru?! ♥
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Feb 2, 2013 8:00 AM

Sep 2012
rhapsodie said:
Why not go for a threesome. Taichi x Chihaya x Arata = OT3!

Now you're talking, and since it is a Karuta show they're only allowed to use one hand at a time... LOL
Feb 2, 2013 10:04 AM

Jul 2011
hpulley said:
NoobHunterD said:
Nice pink phone arata.

Pink is not a gir'ls color in Japan, it is just a color. Some of the most manly men in Japan wear bright pink yukata in summer. No big deal...

His cellphone background bothered me more. XD

Anyways, these episodes fly by too damn fast!!

Poor Taichi though, his luck sucks. Maybe if Chihaya gave him a good luck charm... :O

fiore777 said:
I have realized the only other series that gives me the depths of feeling like this this season is Uchuu Kyoudai. But that's okay, they are extraordinary.

I like your taste in anime. :D
Feb 2, 2013 10:12 AM

May 2009
Glad to see Taichi's character struggle and development! :) Beautifully shown!
Though the parts where he goes O.o at other characters, his voice takes on a weird funny edge!

Anyway.. yeah. Even I'm rooting for Taichi x Chihaya.. I was all Arata last season, but seeing them now.. Gah!! No Arata, noooo!!

sssss.... =D happy happy!
kicks my spirit up with each ep!! =D This should be never-ending!!
_____ _ _ ______

Within pain, there is desire.

_____ _ _ ______
Feb 2, 2013 11:58 AM

Aug 2011
Dat Chihaya handing Taichi the towel. Hnnnnnnnnggggggg.

hpulley said:

Fuck. No. It's Chihaya x Taichi and Arata x Shinobu.
Feb 2, 2013 12:13 PM

Jan 2011
Taichi used Chihaya's towel =D yay

Feb 2, 2013 12:55 PM

Jul 2012
Beautiful episode like usual. Taichi is pretty awesome. I can't memorize cards in my head like that LOL.

itsvero said:
hpulley said:

Fuck. No. It's Chihaya x Taichi and Arata x Shinobu.

+1 ChiTai forever.
Feb 2, 2013 1:20 PM

Jul 2008
jup, the jealousy of the other guys after the towel scene was the best.

i really don't know which of the boys I'd prefer for chihaya.
Feb 2, 2013 1:31 PM

Jun 2010
Yay for that towel :) Taichi x Chihaya all the way...

Feb 2, 2013 3:15 PM

Jul 2009
WHY IS THIS SHOW SO FREAKING GOOD D;
I admit that I LOVE Taichi episodes but wow, this one just really hit me. Of course luck is such an important aspect in sports and games, but I have to agree that just thinking negatively will really influence that. Especially with Taichi thinking he doesn't have enough talent and everything going wrong ...
Didn't expect them to face Hiroshi (?) as the coach of the opposing team ... especially when he knows Chihaya and, more importantly, Taichi's weaknesses! That girl facing Taichi was really creepy ... are you allowed to wave your hands all over the playing area like that?! O_O
Love that Taichi asked for the towels ... and he got like a million XD CHIHAYA TOO! Leaning over Tsutomu to give it to him ... that's so sweet :3 Sumire knowing about their relationship them checking out the other team because she's part of the club ... such an awesome part :D
Taichi you really ARE crazy knowing all the cards that have been read ... but it helped you out in the end didn't it?! I'm so glad you won :3 Especially remembering Harada's advice about how a team match is an individual match and vice versa ... you've gotta focus on your own match and trust your teammates! :P
Hokuo's up next! I remember Retro (of course) and the young cute-looking one (lol), but I don't know about the others ...? Sudou's gone but I'm sure the other members are really good too as they made it back to the finals ...
URGH I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE NEXT EPISODE D; Oh and also Arata! Nearly forgot about him ... wonder what his "request" is? :O Going to Tokyo again, maybe?
Feb 2, 2013 3:27 PM

Sep 2011
LOL. Why must Arata's phone be so feminine?
"Cheer up, you’re never alone! There is probably at least 1 bug in your room."
Feb 2, 2013 5:23 PM

Jan 2013
Another awesome episode!

ArataxChihaya forever!!! :)
Feb 2, 2013 5:48 PM

Nov 2008
I'm so glad Taichi won, he pulled himself together just in time. Everyone giving him the towels was funny, but I was glad when Chihaya offered one too. I love every moment these two have together.

Taichi needs to become Class A, cause he really deserves it and has worked so hard.
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

Feb 2, 2013 7:49 PM

Mar 2008
Even I tried to throw a towel for Taichi... i'm feeling so gay...
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chihayafuru 2 Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 12, 2013

138 by bassyey »»
Mar 16, 10:06 PM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 2 Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 31, 2013

160 by fathandz »»
Feb 17, 11:50 PM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 2 Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2013

136 by fathandz »»
Feb 15, 4:12 PM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 2 Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 17, 2013

181 by fathandz »»
Feb 11, 3:38 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 2 Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 10, 2013

110 by fathandz »»
Feb 7, 9:16 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.