Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Dec 27, 2013 3:42 PM

Oct 2010
metamorphius said:
I love the idea of mutated homosepian myself.

How did I misread that line? Damn that's so lolly
Dec 27, 2013 9:45 PM

Jul 2011
jal90 said:
I don't see the issue there

>Elfen Lied was my first anime i ever watched,way to go gong-ho, right?
>I didn't know if i could watch anything else after i watched Elfen Lied, because i feared nothing can remotely compare
>The plot itself is very original not typical whatsoever
>The character development is superb

Well... okay.
KellhusDec 27, 2013 9:51 PM
Dec 28, 2013 12:15 AM

Oct 2010
Nothing at all. A guy who praises Elfen Lied, if it's their favorite it will probably look original and superb to them. This sounds to me like a random enthusiastic review and there are lots of them in MAL. Not a particularly good one, but not cancerous either. That's my view anyway.

The homosepian thing was funny though.
Dec 28, 2013 6:00 AM

Jun 2012
That review is more annoying to read than cancerous, it's like if a teenager wrote it for dickwag purposes:

>Elfen Lied was my first anime i ever watched,way to go gong-ho, right?
>After I watched it, i took me some time to watch other anime because it left a mark and boy was it high
>i would just classify them as angry as hell because experimentation isn't very pleasant

Jan 25, 2014 10:35 AM

Jun 2011
Watch out guys, there's a super elite anime god letting forth written masterpieces on MAL.

Shingeki no Kyojin "review" below, in full.

>had to review this awesome anime
Doesn't actually review it.

>I have watch over 200 anime
Woah, too much to fathom.

>there is alot of hater drinking that hateorade... become ignorant of what they watching
I don't even know anymore
Jan 25, 2014 11:23 AM

Apr 2012
I didn't understand a single word of that.
"The more inexperienced you are, the more you want to show off."
- Oreki, Hyouka
Jan 25, 2014 11:56 AM

May 2013
sushiisawesome said:
I didn't understand a single word of that.

You're not the only one O_o

Feb 1, 2014 7:37 PM

Jun 2012
I don't know of any cancerous reviews, but I've seen some pretty annoying and nitpicky ones. And ones I don't -necessarily- agree with but actually make me lol.
Feb 2, 2014 12:36 AM

Oct 2012
This one is pretty good. I don't know If I would call it cancerous though.

"what's going on youtube! that's right i'm at it again...coming at you with another slammin anime review courtesy of my ass

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0AWG10zq05G "

(hows does one link a review?)
Feb 8, 2014 1:51 PM

Jun 2011
Here's a recent review in its entirety.

"This is one of my favorites in the world of anime. The characters are fantastic and very real, I feel like some of them are based off people I know... A great ending, I must add. Everything is wrapped up very tidily. Definitely deserves a second season, though."

Despite it being shorter than a pygmy pony, he still manages to screw up the second half of his review. That doesn't make any sense.
Feb 8, 2014 3:02 PM

May 2012
Haha, I'm going to have to remember "Haters drinking Hatorade" and use it some time.
Feb 8, 2014 3:36 PM

May 2013
ForgoneReality said:

"This is one of my favorites in the world of anime. The characters are fantastic and very real, I feel like some of them are based off people I know... A great ending, I must add. Everything is wrapped up very tidily. Definitely deserves a second season, though."

Despite it being shorter than a pygmy pony, he still manages to screw up the second half of his review. That doesn't make any sense.

Why would you even write a review like that. I just can't understand it.
Well, I took the liberty of reporting it. Stuff like this must be purged with fire.

Feb 8, 2014 9:37 PM

Aug 2009
ForgoneReality said:

I like how easily you can tell what anime it's talking about.
Feb 10, 2014 6:49 PM

May 2013
http://myanimelist.net/reviews.php?id=132175

I hear Date A Live was truly unique and one of the best and most known works from 2013 :3

Feb 10, 2014 9:48 PM

Jan 2012
Ventris said:
http://myanimelist.net/reviews.php?id=132175

I hear Date A Live was truly unique and one of the best and most known works from 2013 :3

"Important lessons on how to treat a girl and what to do on a date were learnt, at least, by myself."

ahahahahahahahaha
This is so sad it's hilarious
"Es irrt der Mensch, solang er strebt." - Faust I, Vers 317
Feb 14, 2014 2:06 AM

Oct 2012
" the story is understandable but its explained horribly, you just have to use the information you get while watching it to get the story."

http://myanimelist.net/anime/10447/Aquarion_Evol/reviews

That's gotta be one of the most stupid things a human has uttered. You gotta watch the show to understand the story!!!

(btw, how do you guys link reviews?)
Mar 15, 2014 7:53 AM

Jun 2011
From the bowels of the Pupa reviews, I present:

Always know, it's our fault that Pupa is bad.
Mar 16, 2014 12:48 PM
Mar 2013
Valkyrion said:
Today, a mirai nikki review:

it defined itself as a hole and this guy fell inside

not the most cancerous but it still is cancerous enough to me

That really is something else. I don't know why but it made me angry!
Mar 16, 2014 2:33 PM

Oct 2012
Pupa died for all our sins so we can truly understand what makes good anime good.

This is the maddest I've been toward a review.

I'm sure this guys knows a lot about writing and the anime industry. The strength and intimidation of his conclusion really blew me away. In retrospect, I fail to see the point of bolding the especially tumorous parts. The entire thing is pure cancer, really.
eriririMar 16, 2014 2:44 PM
Apr 23, 2014 8:02 PM

Jun 2011
No Game No Life has proven to be a real treasure trove of cancer.

Boils down to> I can see myself in the MC and when he acts like a Gary Stu it makes me feel good for being an outcast.
Apr 25, 2014 10:50 AM

Aug 2013
Valkyrion said:

Apr 26, 2014 10:43 AM
Oct 2012
It's been said by many veteran anime watchers that anime is dying. In the old days we had our Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, Wolf's Rain, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Akira, FLCL, Berserk, Fist of the North Star, and Miyazaki; we had Space Captain Harlock, Lupin the Third, Yu Yu Hakusho, and Ghost in the Shell. Even if you haven't seen these, you've likely at least heard of them and the impact that they've had on anime as a whole. Anime was an intellectual, creative medium that reflected flair and pizazz. It wasn't just silly entertainment for kids, like many Western cartoons, and people of all ages could enjoy it. As of late it seems that anime has been stuck in a rut of moe, harems, rom-coms with unrealistically dense male MC’s, and onee-chan/imouto obsessive garbage. Lately there's been a lack of courage to sack up, step outside of the box, and say, "Hey, let's try something new." After you peruse season after season of the same regurgitated genres you might find yourself wondering if anime has lost its way... And to answer that question Trigger will look down and whisper: "No."

I was so buttmad until I noticed that this apparent king of dadimes wrote under the username "Satire." 10/10, Flawlessly executed.
Apr 26, 2014 10:52 AM

Sep 2011
this isnt an anime review but my god this is one of the most pathetic attempts at a review ive ever witnessed and its from a publicized source
http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/6926-siren-song-of-the-counter-culture/

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Apr 26, 2014 12:45 PM

Oct 2012
ForgoneReality said:
No Game No Life has proven to be a real treasure trove of cancer.

Boils down to> I can see myself in the MC and when he acts like a Gary Stu it makes me feel good for being an outcast.

This review sounds awfully satirical to me. And yeah, it's an awful satire if it is one.
Jun 18, 2014 6:36 PM

May 2014
BloodRequiem said:

His whole logic was retarded. In the end, he removed his review because he got bashed for it. Not gonna name the person.

I think I know someone who review like this...

Jun 18, 2014 11:19 PM

Apr 2012
This is guy is dumb. Really, REALLY dumb.
Comparing the shitty adaptation for F/SN to F/Z...
- Oreki, Hyouka
Jun 19, 2014 3:23 AM

May 2014
I really want to know who wrote the review. But I know I shouldn't. But I'm still curious...

Jul 15, 2014 6:24 AM

May 2012
I've spoken about this before, but for those who haven't seen it yet, this blog keeps a hilarious collection of MAL's best and brightest.
Aug 15, 2014 7:29 PM

May 2014
Oh lordy
Shit stinks.

"But that's just your opinion, Everett. I for one, LOVE eating shit!"

No, it's a fact that shit stinks; if you like eating shit, you just like things that stink.
Aug 23, 2014 9:54 AM

Jun 2011
This one wasn't entirely trash, or particularly badly written, but it is utterly confusing. The series or content doesn't matter because it's the scoring that makes no sense. They gave rankings for different categories and then a final, overall score - as follows.
STORY - 6
ART - 4
SOUND - 7
CHARACTERS - 7
ENJOYMENT - 6
--------------------------
OVERALL SCORE - 4

How does someone reach that conclusion? It baffles me. Are they saying art is the only thing that matters for a score? Then why include anything else.
Aug 24, 2014 6:54 AM

Oct 2012
Reporting in with a master reviewer who is getting bullied by the review mods and had all his/her masterpieces deleted.
(Sorry can't embed because the images are too wide)

http://i.imgur.com/8DgYCo7.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/NTEXtui.jpg

I mean, why review a show when you can instead use it as a tool of self-introspection and reflection? This guy has clearly taken reviewing to the next level, but the mods just don't get it.
Aug 25, 2014 10:59 AM

Jan 2013

God, I'm terrible but...4 of 20, wow.
Aug 25, 2014 11:49 AM

Apr 2012
<---
Click on my profile and youll see cancer. I dont even know why I tried, Im not a good writer.
Sep 2, 2014 1:13 AM

May 2014
Okay, I have to say this, EVERYTHING BY RORICONFAN. Not to mention, he wrote review when only very few episode have aired.

Nov 24, 2014 2:46 AM

Jul 2014
Probably any of xDisturbedJeans' reviews. She's easily the member of PodTaku with the least credibility
Take care of yourself

Nov 24, 2014 3:50 AM

Oct 2012
razortongue said:
Probably any of xDisturbedJeans' reviews. She's easily the member of PodTaku with the least credibility

I'd go a step further and say Podtaku in general is off. I haven't heard a good review from any of them in awhile.
Nov 24, 2014 6:26 AM

Apr 2012
baki502 said:
<---
Click on my profile and youll see cancer. I dont even know why I tried, Im not a good writer.

Same here, some of my reviews are me writing whatever without giving much thought to them. Not cancer, but certainly not great either.

Ducat_Revel said:
razortongue said:

I'd go a step further and say Podtaku in general is off. I haven't heard a good review from any of them in awhile.

They're not the greatest reviewers ever, but I really like Arkada's style. Gigguk and Holden haven't put up a review in ages, same goes for Jeanne.
Though if you include J-Taku, Bakashift is pretty damn good.

As for YouTube reviewers, JesuOtaku (I know she didn't put reviews in ages, but still) is probably among my least favorite.
I really disliked her habit of treating her opinion like it's the only opinion on earth.
And the whole "objective" rating thing, which goes out the window once you hear that

Of course, my least favorite reviewer ever is DraconisMarch. I don't think I even need reasons to justify why I dislike him.
sushiisawesomeNov 24, 2014 6:35 AM
- Oreki, Hyouka
Nov 24, 2014 6:59 AM

Apr 2012
The Best ist still DouchebagChocolat. Especially his first reviews where the most factually accurate and objectively rated reviews I have ever seen. Sad to see that his more recent reviews dont hold up to that level of standard but he is still good.
Nov 24, 2014 7:49 AM

Oct 2012
baki502 said:
The Best ist still DouchebagChocolat. Especially his first reviews where the most factually accurate and objectively rated reviews I have ever seen. Sad to see that his more recent reviews dont hold up to that level of standard but he is still good.

I liked his Jin:Roh review. It's not the most insightful review out there, but eh. He likes Jin:Roh which makes me smile a little.

I also recently found the channels GoatJesus and Anime Everyday which have some videos which are worth checking out. I don't agree with all their opinions. I also don't get why all three channels like Ergo Proxy... That'll never make sense to me.
Ducat_RevelNov 24, 2014 3:06 PM
Nov 24, 2014 8:37 AM

Jul 2014
Ducat_Revel said:
razortongue said:

I like Arkada quite a lot but Holden's constant hiatuses give me a somewhat negative impression of him. Gigguk is hilarious in my opinion but when looking for less biased reviews look elsewhere. My personal favourites are BakaShift and ShadowACS. DarknessDragoonRose was my favourite but he ended up deleting his channel :(
Take care of yourself

Nov 24, 2014 8:45 AM

Jan 2013
I don't actively look into video reviews (although I could easily find myself doing so), I just kind of stumble upon most of them. For Podtaku, I haven't really paid much attention to gigguk, but he seems so-so. Arkada is a nice guy (and fellow Canadian :D; met him at a con last year) but I'm not big on his reviews - too general and not critical enough, but his editing skills are quite good. Jean is kind of just the butt of all jokes for the group, so she at least gets my sympathy; she may not be the brightest, but she's honest and sincere it seems. Holden I'd say probably has the most incisive reviews even if he has a bit of an ego at times; he hasn't put up any for quite a while, but I remember his Black Rock Shooter one was fantastic. The thing that threw me off though is that he used these interesting expositional effects in that review which seemed kind of fitting for the weird nature of the series, but then he started to use it for his later ones and it was a bit exhausting. I haven't actually listened to an actual podcast from them in ages though, just been sitting in my sub box.

DouchebagChocolat isn't really my cup of tea; he adds too much quirk and memes to his reviews and it kind of softens the blows of his actual content, which even then isn't TOO insightful. He's ok.

@Ducat: I thought you had a more personal and particular hatred for Ergo Proxy though, but maybe I'm mistaken. You may be in a minority camp in some circles, but no big loss. It's not like your tastes are as niche as mine, but I brought that upon myself it seems...*runs off and cries* (jk). In any case, I can't really say anything about EP since I haven't seen it.

But yeah, I'm subbed to a few of the Podtaku members, but aren't too big on their reviews really (again, aside from Holden's); they just provide some variety. I remember one reviewer I did like was this guy named RellikaiReviews; he did a few reviews on Youtube and went on ANNCast once for their guest session to have a chat while getting some more publicity, and things were going adequately - not too many viewers yet, but he consistently uploaded reviews and they were quite extensive and humourous. Then when he made a response to all the butthurt over print Shonen Jump's cancellation in the West a few years ago, lots of rabid shonen tards started flaming him pretty badly, and then I guess he went on ANNCast to consult Zac for some more advice and Zac just kind of told him that the "anime community" (emphasis on the quotation marks) on Youtube is pretty cancerous, so he just kind of stopped caring and removed his anime reviews to my recollection. I think all his vids are MLP related now. Other than that, can't recall any big names on Youtube I caught onto, but I'm probably missing out on quite a few still.

EDIT: Holy f*** I've edited this post so many times, I'm being such a derp, but I guess all of Rellikai's reviews are still up, he just hasn't done anything on his anime channel (separate from the MLP one) for 3 years.
AngelsArcanumNov 24, 2014 8:53 AM
Nov 24, 2014 9:04 AM

Jun 2011
I used to really, really enjoy Arkada's reviews, but I've been watching him less and less. I still think he's a cool guy though.

And I always thought JesuOtaku gave really well thought out reviews, until they started to slip at the end, which is a clear result of her burnout. She's also officially quit making video reviews now.

And thanks for the new names, Ducat. I'll check them out sometime.
Nov 24, 2014 9:16 AM

Jan 2013
Well I mean JesuOtaku (Hope Chapman) still has her written stuff on ANN too just as an FYI for anyone who wasn't in the know. (Seems she has some old reviews here too).
Nov 24, 2014 1:38 PM

Sep 2012
I like Hope because she said Mahouka is the worst anime she's ever seen, and Mahouka is the worst ever.

Seriously. Mahouka is bad.
Nov 24, 2014 2:48 PM

Oct 2012
I used to like Arkada. There was a time when he was still reviewing things like Dennou Coil and Planetes that his reviews were kinda critical (I'll have to rewatch them to be sure.) Now, not so much. If anything, I like him the most from the podtaku cast.

I got some bias with DouchebagChocolat. He gave positive reviews to Katanagatari and Tatami Galaxy. That's more than what I could ask for from a video reviewer. But I agree his reviews aren't really all that insightful. That being said, they're not empty. It's just okay. But I'd rather him be popular than Jean who dropped Honey and Clover. Grrrrrrr.

>@Ducat: I thought you had a more personal and particular hatred for Ergo Proxy though, but maybe I'm mistaken.

It's not all the way personal. The show's just pretentious. There are way too many concepts that it tries to play with, but it doesn't understand the core of any of those concepts. Outside of that, the plot's a mess, but it isn't a despicable mess. Really, I'd just prefer it if shows do their research first.
Nov 24, 2014 3:09 PM

Sep 2012
Arkada started losing me after his FLCL review where he ended it by saying "it's all up to interpretation."

Everything is all up to interpretation. I would have preferred he give it a totally negative review and actually say something about the show than say it's "all up to interpretation." That's just lazy. Saying a show is "up to interpretation" is like saying it's animated, or that it's in color.
Nov 24, 2014 10:09 PM

Apr 2012
Most anime reviewers get shit when they get popular, atleast the serious ones. Cause they fear the serious backlash from the community if they criticize the average otakus fav anime too much. There are some guys like Douche that dont give a fuck and it helps that his reviews are often comedic, but Arkada didnt strike me like the guy who doesnt give a fuck and can shrug off criticism and attacks like its nothing.
Nov 25, 2014 8:56 AM

Jun 2011
Arkada somewhat recently said that he's become deathly afraid of putting spoilers in his reviews, (Maybe he had some harpies attack him over what little content he had in the past, I don't know) but his reviews are now so vague in every category that they aren't much of a post-watching analysis but more of a recommendation video. Should you watch this or not: and then he gives his opinion without actually delving into the anime much.

His old reviews were a lot more personal feeling with less effects and more opinions, but now they've mellowed out and he doesn't put much information at all in them. So yeah, they aren't reviews, just recommendations.
Dec 11, 2014 10:29 AM

Jul 2014
Ugh recently discovered an SAO review which gave the show a 9 and just gave a plot summary and the reviewer's raw, biased opinion without anything to back up said opinion.
Take care of yourself

Dec 11, 2014 6:49 PM

Jul 2014
razortongue said:
Ugh recently discovered an SAO review which gave the show a 9 and just gave a plot summary and the reviewer's raw, biased opinion without anything to back up said opinion.

This describes the majority of MAL reviews. People just explain what the premise is and say the show is amazing.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The New Manga Enlightenment Camp - All plebes and Untermenschen MUST attend

Exinqt - Aug 21, 2015

31 by Ducat_Revel »»
Apr 2, 6:33 PM

» 10 Steps to Becoming an Anime Elitist

Deago - Jun 2, 2023

2 by AaronRRedfield »»
Jan 11, 3:52 PM

» Winter 2024 Overview

Deago - Dec 20, 2023

0 by Deago »»
Dec 20, 2023 8:24 AM

» Anime/Manga Recommendation Thread Based on Your List ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

TrishaCat - Jan 25, 2013

1161 by GanXWeed69o7 »»
Aug 19, 2023 12:15 PM

» Summer 2023 Overview

Deago - Jun 14, 2023

0 by Deago »»
Jun 14, 2023 7:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.